• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix45

Smash Lord
Next tournament:
????

Here are general tourney rules and such

We need people to bring setups. heres a list of guaranteed setups (based on how it usually goes)
setups:
me (full)
andrew (TV)
adam (full)

so I need people to bring more TVs/Wiis if you can. 5 or 6 setups would be good.

General Rules:
•Double Elim
•3 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•6 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•No Interface functionality (IE: Controller macros) mods

Stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Norfair
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Green Greens
Wario Circuit
Pictochat
Yoshi's Island
Onett

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Man, when I saw the Dojo had a picture of Waluigi I ****in' flipped out. It's gay that he's only an assist trophy. That's the biggest mistake any human being could've made. Waluigi should be able to join the fray =(.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Man, when I saw the Dojo had a picture of Waluigi I ****in' flipped out. It's gay that he's only an assist trophy. That's the biggest mistake any human being could've made. Waluigi should be able to join the fray =(.
Waluigi isn't even a real character. What game is he from??? Mario Party, Mario Golf, Tennis?? What a ******** concept, he is bacially the Wario for Luigi, stupid..........

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh just a little incite. I did not run TGL in any sense. I merely ran the smash tournaments for them, and sometimes helped at the Halo 2 tournaments. I can however put you into contact with the president or vice if you would like. I have a feeling they will definitely start doing some type of Halo 3 tournament or LAN or whatever in the future, so they might actually care if you start throwing that around. I'll probably give you the vice president's contact stuff eventually because I think the pres. is about to graduate or did this december. I don't even know.

Since the website isn't up anymore you'll have to rely on TA. I suggest giving it to them the tuesday or wednesday before you plan on having the tournament. The upstairs training room in CWells is almost always free but if you feel the need you can reserve it before hand. Good luck getting anyone to bring anything besides what we normally get. If you went to Bluezaft's thing recently, that doing a raffle or something for people who bring stuff might be a good idea.

No guarantees, but I probably won't show up till a little bit after Brawl comes out unless you REALLY need my help for something. Who knows though, I might get bored enough to come play. We'll see..... Have fun till then!

oh and Waluigi totally blows

jra64

Smash Journeyman
You guys obviously didn't play play Mario Tennis. I fear Walugi's net game more than Christians fear God.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i played mario tennis, still didnt want him to be a character om brawl

i mean, he hasnt been in a game that didnt involve mario doing something other than a sport or other random game of some kind

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the only reason I'd want him in brawl is because I really like his personality in Mario Tennis. I don't think he'd actually be a good character. I really like Waluigi, though. Man, I wish I could be Little Mac, too...

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Felix, I think my d!ck just got hard, looking at that pic...

Pure sexiness.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
lol no one cares about lubbock unless they're there, which due to this weird cutting off of a week of vacation will be on the 7th or 8th since classes start on the 9th

.....ridiculous

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Well looks like I'll be running TGL next semester which should be extra fun

I'll keep everyone updated with info on upcoming tourneys and just a place to chat about lubbock smash stuff.

also I made this because ryan/andrew said I should make it as opposed to waiting for the next tourney. so here you go.

I expect we should have the first tourney either the first or second weekend back at tech so practice up people! and if anyone is interested at all we could maybe do a free ssb64 tourney or something :D (lolz doubtful but I wish...I wish...who knows it could get us more people for brawl though :) )

well have fun posting then
Much as I want to have a tournament ASAP, it would be better to make it the second weekend. That way, we can get the TechAnnounces out in a timely manner. Bottom line is, Lubbock isn't going to have a real Smash community until three months after Brawl comes out.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
I will more than likely be driving to Albq. NM on January 12th for this

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133309

I went to 2 tournaments in NM last school year and had a real fun time. If anyone would like to come with me

My number: 972-998-9014
Email: matt.wisnewski@ttu.edu

The world famous Falco player Forward (smashfighter) will likely be going (read the thread). I can fit 5 people in my car.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm down, Matt! Time to create some killer **** to add to my arsenal =D. Give me a call at 806-795-2314.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
I will more than likely be driving to Albq. NM on January 12th for this

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133309

I went to 2 tournaments in NM last school year and had a real fun time. If anyone would like to come with me

My number: 972-998-9014
Email: matt.wisnewski@ttu.edu

The world famous Falco player Forward (smashfighter) will likely be going (read the thread). I can fit 5 people in my car.
Haha, Seany_Boy on SRK, did you know he plays MvC2? Wonder how good he is.

felix45

Smash Lord
I'll be going w/ pmatt this weekend. woooh.

sooo guys the tourney at tech will be in 2 weekends because of the tourney in NM.

guys that are going to NM we need to get together this week at least once before friday to practice up.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
how much is it gonna cost to go on this trip: room, board, tournament, etc.?
I need to know that as well. Also, will this be one-day or all weekend?

With no parents to deal with, there's a chance of me going, but I'd still say the chances are no greater than 50-50.

EDIT: Hey, when is everyone going to be in town? Jake and I already are, and we've been playing some.

Also, if he goes around saying he 4-stocked my [adult] Link with his Fox, it's true. He might forget to mention, though, that my Link beat his Fox three times in a row right before it. Lol.

EDIT 2: Here's something to think about that could be somewhat dire. If 5 people go to NM, then someone's going to be left without a teams partner, unless we make a plan regarding what to do about that.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
EDIT 2: Here's something to think about that could be somewhat dire. If 5 people go to NM, then someone's going to be left without a teams partner, unless we make a plan regarding what to do about that.
Don't worry Pmatt doesn't actually play smash he just likes to watch.....

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
From what I have read, it will be myself, ryan, felix, and *maybe* andrew, adam, or jake. That would be 6 people, which cannot fit into my 5 person car. If 6 people (or more) want to come, I suggest taking a separate car.

For this trip, the only expenses will be for gas and food. I recommend bringing food to munch on while in the car and at the tournament. Expect to go to a restaurant or two.

I would *prefer* to leave sometime before Friday at 7 PM; the earlier the better. It is about a 5 to 5.5 hour drive.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
We would drive out Friday night and come back early Sunday. This is standard operating procedure for 00S tournaments. The more smash, the better.

New Mexico is a lot of fun!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
EDIT over EDIT: If anyone read that last edit, which I don't think anyone did, that was mostly frustration coming out that had to do with me getting 3-stocked 7 or 8 times in a row last night. I still want to go.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Matt, can Julius come too?

PMatt, Me, Felix, Adam and Julius?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
OH ****! This tournament is THIS Saturday, not NEXT Saturday!

I'm going to have very little practice time. I still have to set it in stone that I'm going...

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who can/are willing to make it, let's make it 6 at my place. At 5 I have a dorm meeting, then dinner. If problems with my place arise, we may be able to change the location, but for right now, let's say 6 at my place.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a plan. Anyone who is going to NM SHOULD show up tomorrow. If you cannot make it, CALL ME. I would like to leave around 4 or 5 on Friday.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
GG's at Adam's place. Sorry if I was acting up a bit during the 1v1s Ryan, sometimes I let the bad side of me act up. Much love to the game, playing you is too tense. We should try and leave earlier next time, I think Adam's roommate felt really awkward with us in the room. He kept going in and out.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it on Thursday

felix45

Smash Lord
GG's at Adam's place. Sorry if I was acting up a bit during the 1v1s Ryan, sometimes I let the bad side of me act up. Much love to the game, playing you is too tense. We should try and leave earlier next time, I think Adam's roommate felt really awkward with us in the room. He kept going in and out.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it on Thursday
no its cool, I ***** like all the time when I make mistakes. its normal.

ggs everyone. my thumb/finger hurt lol. that was a toooon of smash.

I'll be able to play tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom