• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
smash place at my place today! gates 409... I SWEAR TO HOLY BALONEY... IF ANYONE SITS ON MY BED I WILL SLAY THEM... FOR REALS

also... adam... turbo unlock everything please.... that was greatly help us!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Way funner once we finally got in some singles =D. I don't have a plan yet for teams... =/.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
smash place at my place today! gates 409... I SWEAR TO HOLY BALONEY... IF ANYONE SITS ON MY BED I WILL SLAY THEM... FOR REALS

also... adam... turbo unlock everything please.... that was greatly help us!
Explain turbo unlocking in detail, please. Even so, the bottom line is that there will be no guarantees.

Also, lemme take this opportunity to apologize for being an *** last night, especially to Curtis (my near constant team-killing him, my hostile response when he asked about my Marth.) 3-4 hours of FFA's usually leave me in a bad mood, as do teams, which I suggested solely to escape FFA's. Also, finding out you suck usually leaves you in a pretty lousy state of mind. Another gamer's death to add to my ever-expanding list, it seems.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Sounds credible, except for that Star Bear bit. Thats screams fad to me.

Lemme guess, the "song we all love" is the "Song that Never Ends", right?

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to let you guys know, i wont be playing in the tourny. I just dont really like brawl anymore and have moved my interest onto other games at the moment. but i might show up and just help felix run it, since it was my idea and all, but good luck to you guys!

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
wow what a lamo..... well can't make you like it however if you're only quiting cause Felix owns you with metaknight or something that's a terrible reason

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
eh, he only 1 stocks me.... so its NOT that bad, but yeah, its not that interesting to me anymore... one match... in m first stock... i fell 7 times... one right off the bat... it was annoying and each of the other times i fell right into a charg-ING smash attack or move of ike... which will kill me at 40%... so it was pretty annoying... little things like that just keep me away from the game

bluezaft

The True Zaft
i quit smash
just wanted to let you guys know, i wont be playing in the tourny. I just dont really like brawl anymore and have moved my interest onto other games at the moment. but i might show up and just help felix run it, since it was my idea and all, but good luck to you guys!
eh, he only 1 stocks me.... so its NOT that bad, but yeah, its not that interesting to me anymore... one match... in m first stock... i fell 7 times... one right off the bat... it was annoying and each of the other times i fell right into a charg-ING smash attack or move of ike... which will kill me at 40%... so it was pretty annoying... little things like that just keep me away from the game
I am drowning in irony! Oh the hypocrisy!

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
No, I did not tell him it was the best game in the Earth, but I did tell him we should all give it a shot, but sadly, I gave it a shot and I just do not find it nearly as fun as 3rd Strike... don't get me wrong, I will smashfest, but I wont play the game competitively.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
He wrote probably 4 pages worth of lecturing in the Dallas thread about how Brawl is BETTER than Melee and we're all clearly ******** for not realizing it. That's not even an exaggeration. Oh it was great.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
He wrote probably 4 pages worth of lecturing in the Dallas thread about how Brawl is BETTER than Melee and we're all clearly ******** for not realizing it. That's not even an exaggeration. Oh it was great.
you are stupid

i was trolling, ask felix he is my roommate and he was sitting next to me and telling me what to say. i was bored one night and i asked him if there was any threads to troll and he linked me to that one, also all i did was copy and pasted random arguments posted on swf already.

Thanks for playing.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Woah, lots has happened since I last checked =D.

Wow, if he doesn't want to play Brawl anymore then don't make him! Lol... He THOUGHT Brawl was a good game, but his interests changed... I love Brawl but it doesn't mean others won't dislike tripping / less tech skill / slow and floaty etc.

Oh and 2 things... Do you still need that PS2 for 3rd Strike and Marvel VS Capcom 2? Oh and you should get on AIM because I want to clarify some things with you...

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, awesome =D. But, David can't go =(. Oh nm, we are starting at 4 so he can... Sintenal are you going to be teaming with Crono? ^^

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sint, what characters do you play on Brawl? I wanna see what I'm up against =D. The mighty Bowser!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you first :p

im not even sure who i want to play in a tourny yet, so many characters I have fun with ^_^

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
If you've seen the Blockbuster tournament in Flower Mound, we could adopt those rules; they seem reasonable for the most part. That Pink Godzilla site doesn't mention how to unlock all the stages.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Rules:
3 stock
7 minutes
No items
Double elimination brackets
Best of 3 matches

No stage may be played twice in the same set.

Advanced Slob Picks: The first stage is chosen at random. In the second match the loser chooses the stage. The loser announces their stage choice (either from the list of random or counterpick stages) to the other player, who is then allowed to change his/her character. After the winner’s character is chosen, the loser may change their character. Then the match is played.

If a match runs out of time, sudden death is NOT played. The player with the most stock remaining is declared the winner. If both players have the same stock, the player with the lower damage percentage is declared the winner. If both players are tied in stock and percent, sudden death will then be played out to declare the winner.

Random Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages:
Lylat Cruise
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Norfair
Pictochat
Brinstar (Melee)
Green Greens (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Ride (Melee)
Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Electroplankton

Banned Stages:
Donkey Kong 75m
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
WarioWare
Big Blue (Melee)
Hyrule Temple (Melee)
Mushroomy Kingdom
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Drive
Rumble Falls
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
Great Sea
Jungle Japes
The Summit
only stages i think should also be counter pick are Yoshi Island(melee), Poke Stadium 2, and Jungle Japes

personally i dont see any difference in Yoshi Island(melee) and Green Hill Zone. You live much longer in the new Yoshi island compared to the one in melee. but idk im fine with the list as is, just think those 3 stages are fine for counter picks as well

Edit*

apparently Pokemon stadium 2 is a counter pick so ignroe that part of my post

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
smashfest this sat at around 2pm-3pm... if a lot of people show up we can do it in the lounge... but as of now it is in gates 409

bring your own controllers... no BO... might all go get food after awhile... it will be great fun... maybe bring a ps2 for some mvc2 and 3rd strike... and im ight go pick up capcom vs snk 2... who knows... =D

edit: also..

we have been playing 3 stocks 7 mins since the game came out... the stage list is kinda odd for counter picks... but i am sure after smashfesting this weekend we can have a better feel for what is what... but the neutrals i agree with for sure.... cept for pokemon stadium 1... the edges are weird.... they have a little pocket you cant go up... and the windmill is a beech...

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
i quit smash
As for me, I never really started :chuckle:. But seriously Steven, you may really want to think about dropping this game for good. Things could turn out better then you think, plus the majority of the people are smashers. If you pick up CvS2, and 3S, your going to have a tough time and almost no competition to play against. Even David seems to be in to Brawl, and he said he hasn't touched CvS2 since the last time I played him. Just something to think about.

Edit: All those Capcom games are on the original XBOX as well, with Live, but MvC2 will be like $70. Also, they have converters for XBOX to PS2 controllers.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
if you can find me one... i will buy it... i have a computer one where it lets me plug in ps2 controllers to the usb in the computer

edit: also... do you have cvs2 for ps2?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
GGs yesterday =D. Oh and Sint, I play Ike, Metaknight, Marth, Olimar, Lucas, and Pikachu...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
only said you first cause i thought it was clear i play lucas via the icon by my avatar ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom