• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
hmm so no austin...

yeah 3 stock 7 min seemed pretty even and it was what a lot of the pro tourny people were using, but for time purposes we might make it 3 stock 5-6 mins...
its going to be in the gates lounge..

we need flyers the more the better... seriously... 1 dollar entry and 2 if you play both teams and singles... for free pizza? and a good time... cumon! cant beat that! start finding your partners! =)

get every1 to come... even if the suck! its all in good fun

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Yep. And one thing... Oh and I wouldn't be focusing on whether people's 'level of interest' but instead focusing on how to 'get everyone more interested' instead.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
ok

so far

we have

Felix - TV + Wii everything unlocked
Ran- Wii + Everything unlocked
Fmatt- Wii + Everything unlocked
Myself- TV +Wii everything unlocked
Adam- TV + Wii??

please let me know... ill keep asking the more the faster everything will run

felix45

Smash Lord
hey guys. I was just going to ask what you all thought of having items on in the tourney? I was only going to turn on food, sandbag, paper fan, and Mr. Saturn if I do. What do you guys think?

just FYI you can turn off capsules/boxes so they wont be a problem.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
no items plox....

felix and i are coming up with a stage list... neutrals, counterpicks... so people can practice if you want on them... =)

Edit: here are the stage lists

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

EDIT 2:

Andrew... on Sci Fi right now... Street fighter movie... the bad one... with the cyborgs downloading the fighters data... and Dan is taken serious! yeah ... T-T but imma watch it... nooo

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Marth's Story!!!!!

Yeah, that Alpha movie was kind of dope, but it's better then the V series, and the 2nd Alpha Movie was probably the worst anime I ever saw. At least it kind of deals with the SF story.

Oh yeah, whoever has the custom stage option should make a stage with a million Randles, and the tree from Dreamland 64.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Fu-ckin' I wish... I made a couple of stages, but you can't use randals. You actually have very little to choose from.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Agreed Jake; MORE MELEE

I told Scav that I was scared that Brawl would be the Halo 2 (which is 10000000000000000000 times less deep, competitive, and fun than Halo 1) for the community.

felix45

Smash Lord
the game has been out like....2 weeks.

people didn't learn how to wavedash overnight. people didn't learn about l cancels for quite a while either. yet you expect brawl meta game to be completely revealed within weeks to meet the standards you set with melee? give me a break.

ok, to settle the problem of skill gap, I challenge jake and young danny to $20 MMs. but, I'll even give you better odds. if you win 2 matches against me, I'll pay up. I have to win 3 matches to win, but I can only lose once. what do you guys say? I mean, if there really isn't as much of a skill gap as you claim, then surely you can get 2 wins right? thats well in your favor.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
um felix... can i get in on this bet? =D

wait melee or brawl?!?!!?

edit:

also

i can wd in brawl...

sadly... only with two chars

snake and squirtle!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
OHHH shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! I'm in too... Offering money matches any amount for anyone =D.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Done.

(Wow... Smash won't let me post unless the post is longer...)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Agreed Jake; MORE MELEE

I told Scav that I was scared that Brawl would be the Halo 2 (which is 10000000000000000000 times less deep, competitive, and fun than Halo 1) for the community.
what do you care you werent goin to play in the tournies anyway

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Let me clarify:

I love Brawl, but, I still feel that it will be the Halo 2 for this community. Halo 1, like Melee, is dam near perfect in every way. Halo 2, like Brawl, was very competitive and very deep, yet, was no where close to Halo 1 (like I feel Brawl will be to Melee). That's it; and I want to be proven wrong, so, PROVE ME WRONG.

felix45

Smash Lord
wtf? a crystal wii?

what on earth O.o
looks like they just stuck a bunch of sequins on a wii as an easy way out of actually giving him money or something lol

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
im getting 3s on mame... i need to get a controller now... imma try to borrow felix's when we get back to school to see if it all works first... then i will perfect you andrew... MUHAHHAHAHA

also...

Brawl is fun... to all the nay-sayers! shame on you! SHAME ON YOU!

andrew.. can you bring your tv to the tourny? =)

edit

also

this fight was pretty cool too andrew

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C07sUkesbRk&feature=related

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I think... I am... and maybe Felix? not sure yet... I'll ask him when I get back to school....

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Oh you can definitely count me in if Pmatt isn't going to be there! Besides, Brawl is awesome. Anyone who says anything about depth or advanced techniques not being in Brawl is an idiot. Even Felix knows, its been a few weeks for crying out loud. Wavedashing wasn't even being used till right when I started playing two YEARS after melee was out. I don't remember exactly, but I don't even think people knew how to chain grab then. Those people need to stop trying to force melee techniques onto a totally different game. They're probably just too lazy to use their heads and come up with new stuff.

Anyway I'll bring my Wii, however I don't have my little TV any more so it'll need a TV to plug into.

....and of course Jake is just plain stupid so his opinion doesn't really count.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
O_o

haha alright, if Matt brings his wii too.. we just need to find a tv for him... ryan do you have small tv?

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I am board and need a challenge on BRAWL so if anyone wants to brawl let me know BTW Lubbock people LEARN TO LOG OFF ON AIM! I hate sitting there typing or at least a status CRONO and Ryan and slightly Felix...

felix45

Smash Lord
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=4940619#post4940619

sign up for the online tourney hosted by srk and prove what stages/items need to be banned in tourney play! evo is questioning how broken items/stages are, so we need everyone we can get doing the gayest/dumbest/easiest strategies possible. I'm either going to be sonic and run all match till final smash shows up, or be metaknight and run all match getting items and abusing how broken most of the levels are.

anyone who plays pit needs to enter this tourney, always counter pick GIGANTIC stages, and be as gay as possible with arrows. I'm looking at you steven :p

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Crono, when are you going to put your Brawl code in your profile? I want to add all the Lubbock Brawlers...

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
yeah i read that in game informer too... and also... I might join that tourny... when is the deadline to sign up? imma just pick newpork city and hyrule and fire away =D

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Ryan need FC heard it was close between u n shawn...idk f he gets much play n as i do but i fight nubs so doesnt matter just helps pick up on habbits n all!

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Ryan need FC heard it was close between u n shawn...idk f he gets much play n as i do but i fight nubs so doesnt matter just helps pick up on habbits n all!
CRAP stoopid thing posted twice anyways i lost ur FC ryan sry uhh Crono and Felix r yall avoiding me?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Crysis is just too **** insane for anyone to run on max settings... It's the only game I can't run in my house =(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom