• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Okay, everyone swap friend codes cause online play 'with anyone' is down.

Mine is 4468-0676-8488

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Gee, I wonder what mine is...........................................................<<<<

I will add you Ryan, played Roy tonight, only 4 or 5 matches cause he had to leave, but it had almost no lag for some reason... IT WAS GREAT! =D

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Lag is always ****ing terrible to me. Played online, terrible. Played somene in Dallas, terrible.

Btw, 4468-0676-8488 is my Brawl Code I'll get my Wii code later.

EDIT: Are you talking to Roy online? He's never online...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, almost no lag at all, it was like we were in the same room sometimes, it was at about 11:00 - 11:30pm. And he is hardly ever on AIM I think, he is on MSN every night just about though.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ryan your sis is actually pretty good, I underestimated her alot thinking I was just fighting a little girl, was messing around SO confident I would win no matter what, until she started owning my pokemon trainer I was like "DEAR GOD!". ...Lol

EDIT: Nevermind Serg just told me it was you. Why did you leave so fast?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I didn't even know you were pokemon trainer. I thought you were Marth? Oh well, those matches were bull****. Even though I won, it was FFA and very laggy. I don't think anyone was doing what they really wanted to do. Was the lag against Roy better, or about the same?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
VS Roy the moves seemed to go through right away and stuff and the matches were fast paced as a result, it wasn't very bad at all, of course last night there probably only a second to a half second lag sometimes, usually it's worse for me. =) You need to get on again soon, wifi may not be good for real practice yet but it's still fun.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Tekken online was even better than Smash online... So you are saying playing with Roy was about the same lag as when we played? =(.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Hhhheck no, it was at least twice as good. My moves didn't go through right or at the same time on ours, but I HAVE had worse, at least it was fairly playable.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Dallas for the tourny on 29th? depends if anyone from tech is going... ill hitch a ride, but i will not drive that is for sure...

EDIT: if you guys get a chance, check out my thread about Melee being less competitive than Brawl

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152454

feedback on the thread would be nice. Thanks guys.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Steven, what's your Brawl code?

EDIT: I can't post in your thread yet. The people in there make me laugh too ****ing much.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
My FC is 124684092202

and I can try to play you over SB when I am at home with a decent internet connection... I HOPE! haha and yeah those people are kinda funny< but some are posting some good feedback. Hopefully, I'll get more smart people.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
oo jake has been playing? with who? his diddy is sick i hear.... just gotta take out his jetpack offstage.. =)

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Try to get as many people as possible for the brawl tourny... spam flyers and such.... I MEAN FREE PIZZA and 1 dollar entry!! well 2 if you do both teams and singles!!! CUMONNN

i want like 40+ people... that would kick butt... i wouldnt mind losing to 40+ people

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Psssh, you guys are the Smash community. What will prizes be? What's the split?

EDIT: What the hell is Andrew doing? I don't see him posting on SRK or Smashboards =(.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
we are trying to get 3 ipods 2 for doubles and 1 for single.... atleast singles will get an ipod... the doubles we are trying to get two more ipods for doubles.. also... free pizza.. and entry fees will cover 2nd and 3rd prizes... come on come all!!!!

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
lol well I'm not bringin a gamecube to play Brawl like it says in the first post. However, I will bring my Wii if you need one for andrew's TV.

.......Wiimote Nunchuck FTW!

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
i just like the sound effects... i tried it the other day... i didnt win... =( but yeah wiis with unlocked characters wil be a problem.... hopefully mine, felix, and yours will be there... and if we can get another setup... that would help a lot... maybe josh? but i dont have any contact with him...

jra64

Smash Journeyman
If it comes down to it, I can bring my set up... I just think that people might break my ****, I've had it done before. Btw, I played a playable game of SSBB online with my friend in Dallas. It was pretty good.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
yeah bring your setup and unlock the random stage chooser thing... so we can turn off certain stages.... so if you bring yours.... felix... two.... get more people

felix45

Smash Lord
the CA in our dorm is getting the ipods for us.

I'm expecting we only get 1 ipod but hopefully more would be good :)

also I guess I could update first post again.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Questions:

-Is the time 2 P.M.?
-Will be location be C-Wells like usual?
-I can't guarantee I'll be able to print off flyers, so if can someone drop off 10 or 20 (after Spring Break) at my place, I'll distribute them.

Suggestions:
-Let's either make this a tri-weekly or a bi-weekly and publically declare it as such.

Opinions:
-I personally think we should still have 4 stock. But don't change it for this tournament, or it'll cause confusion.
-In any event, this will be the first REAL tournament in Lubbock, and hopefully the chance for me to lay my Melee ghosts to rest.

felix45

Smash Lord
dunno time yet. probably 2pm though on a saturday though.
its gonna be in gates for sure
i guess I could give you flyers lol

level of interest will decide how often we have tourney's I'd say.

3stock is good because the matches can be really long. I've already had a 7min match w/ ryan in friendlies with 3stock.

I may change time to 6 or 5min though who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom