• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
How long did you guys stay up? Cause my Quake LAN only lasted until 12:00 PM...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
no way

i dont believe you guys would actually play with items on

that would imply you tried to have fun ;)

felix45

Smash Lord
we ended up doing starcraft/warcraft lan at like midnight. and to play melee we put items on but that was only fun for about 30min....

I am most definitely ready for brawl. I cant wait to play metaknight!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
****it, I knew I should've got a hold of someone after my LAN. Felix, you said you'd call me! You let me down!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
That's what's so cool about him! You get irritated then you ****ing give up =D.

I'm going to abuse that really irritating noisy move against you. The one that's like, "ADEDEDEDEDDEDE!!!!".

Hahaha, it'll be fun.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
LOL! You guys are going to need earplugs for my Pitt!

"ADEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDEDEDEDEDEDDEDE!!!!"

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone going to the other gamestop that is on 4th near the 1st Wal-Mart?? Also, do you have to pre-order the game to play in that Gamestop Tournament?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
cant remember if matt said this earlier, but you dont actually win brawl if you win this tourny. You just go on in the next stage of the tournies ;x

and no it does not seem you need a reservation to participate in the tourny

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
yeah... you just move on... it is pretty lame... who cares tho... its free and for fun right?

=)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Plus since they're using the Tournament Mode in the game you only get to play one character the whole time.......

What do you care? Are you saying that you will use more than just Samus in Brawl?

IF Plainview holds a tourney at hastings, they will give copy of Brawl for free... But they probably won't have one, but just know that if they do, I am not telling any of you until after I win a free copy... So in your faces.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Felix and I and my roommate and friends... and maybe Josh are going to the one off of campus right next tot eh walmart... are you going?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Shawn, let me know if hastings has a tournament. I'll go =D.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Shawn, let me know if hastings has a tournament. I'll go =D.
K... It's probably like, a 10% chance they will have one since they probably would have said something by now, but I will post it on here if I find out. It may be like a day or so beforehand... I guess I could go ask them about it.
EDIT: I will EMAIL you about it... So people I hate won't show up... Not pointing any fingers. Crono, Felix, Andrew, Spyda(whoever you are), Sintenal... Etc.:psycho:

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
You can actually sign up right now. Just go there and ask about it. So, despite all that I said, I'm going to be in this tournament, at the location near the newer Wal-Mart. I believe I'm going to use Mario and hope they didn't change him too much.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Boba doesnt want us to show up? =(

and Adam.... Mario got mega buffed... you would use a top tier... top tier whor*

=P

also

so far going to the gamestop next to walmart near campus

Myself
Josh-JIggy's
Felix
Curis-my roommate
and Sean-another roommate

i got a full car now...

if adam is going there... at least we will see some familiar faces

anyone else going there?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
o several people going there

many of which most you people dont know because they dont learn their Texas Smash History!

anyway, as far as peopel you might know, me and fmatt are going. I am still unsure i wanna even play in the tourny, so far leaning towards no because the rules are pretty stupid for the most part.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
o several people going there

many of which most you people dont know because they dont learn their Texas Smash History!

anyway, as far as peopel you might know, me and fmatt are going. I am still unsure i wanna even play in the tourny, so far leaning towards no because the rules are pretty stupid for the most part.
Oi, this coming from the guy who said we don't know w to have fun 'cuz we don't use items and stuff?

All said and done, I agree these rules are lame.

I'd surmise that with few discovered combos, most matches at one minute time, will simply come down to one KO. Most of those that don't will go to sudden death, so the ability to land a quick tilt will be vital. Just my guess, though. Stay away from anything that can suddenly blow up.

felix45

Smash Lord
why wouldn't you play in the tourney? you get to play brawl 2hrs before you can buy it, may as well!

i really need to do my hw so I can have next week all free for brawl so excuse me ppl.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
WhAT?! Items on and Sintinel refuses?! That's like Smash people refusing to suck Forward's ****! How can you refuse?!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
o items are what im happy about

the facts its probably gonna be in the tourny mode which means single elim as well as best of 1 sets, 1 minute time, and you are pretty much forced to play one character kind turns me off from playing.

besides i have a DS, MP3 player i can keep myself plenty entertained

*edit*

also since gamestops usually have to leave their wii's in the display case that means forced to use wiimote/nunchuck, which is also lame imo

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
If your going to wait in line for the day of the launch, I figure most of you would want to play it right away, may as well play in the horrible tournament they are going to hold.

It will also give you a chance to meet other smashers and talk to people who aren't as informed as others. Plus you get to see how weird they are because they are 'Smash People.'

Steve, you still have my rechargeable battery!!

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know have your battery... it's all I got... =( So if Fmatt and Austin are going to the same GS... Andrew are you coming too?

if our normal group goes to the same place... it would be kinda fun I guess... remember to sign up on Saturday afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom