• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I will just have to see, once they post more info about it and I find out what I am doing on and around that date... I would only get dead last anyway. =)

heytallman

CTALL
Hey Lubbock Smashers, I'm Tallman. I live in Houston right now, and I'm most likely going to be going to Texas Tech next school year, and will almost definitely be coming up there sometime soon for a campus visit. So how is the Smash up there? How many people play competetively, or at least somewhat competetively? I hope that when I come up I'll have time for some Smash, and when I start attending TTech, I'll be playing quite a bit.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
lol. So Lubbock gives Houston Roy, and Houston gives Lubbock 'heytallman' =D.

There's a pretty good community here. You'll just have to play us and find out.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I talked to him last night on the phone. He said he usually beats side effect and that Shawn is talking sh-it about me behind my back =D.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Alright, lemme say something to make us sound good...

Felix45 and jra64 teamed up for a tournament in New Mexico and beat El Lovo and Spiritdragon, two of the top four players in the state of Colorado.

Lemme think, who plays at least semi-competitively:

Screen Name (Name)

jra64 (Ryan)
No screen name (Julius)
Felix45 (Ryan)
Yum-Cha (Andrew)
Cloak and Dagger (Jake)
samusedaway (F-Matt for Flower Mound)
Sintenal (Austin)
BOBA (Shawn)
Sefe (Serg, he never told me his real name)
No screen name (Josh)
Vitamin X (Adam, not certain about playing competitive Brawl)
Spyda (Steven)
Twnkl (Ty, haven't played him in a while)
No screen name (Glen, haven't played him in a while, either)
Young Danny (P-Matt for Plano)
No screen name (Chase, haven't seen him lately)
No screen name (David, same deal)

Not listed in any particular order, so I don't want anyone picking a fight with me over it. Same with if I forgot someone.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
OMG IM BEHIND FELIX?! THAT IS TOTAL BS!!!

hahah

also..

felix.. wtf?!?! you sucked at cleaning up your mess... there was a huge sticky spot.... and huge dirt marks over the sticky spots... you are no longer allowed to drink in my room and then spill anymore...

=D

lucky for you i cleaned it up with wet wipes... you SOB =D

edit: also.. to heytal... dont play jake when he is drunk... he will try to cheat and feed you drugs or something... what a cheater...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ryan... I have ALWAYS talked **** behind your back, are you just now figuring that out?! Wow Ryan, I thought you were smarter than that, I will have to take this and spread it behind your back in *******-like manner. ...Just jokin with ya Ryan. =)

@Andrew:...ummmmm....BOTH. :)

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice

Felix45 and jra64 teamed up for a tournament in New Mexico and beat El Lovo and Spiritdragon, two of the top four players in the state of Colorado.

Screen Name (Name)

jra64 (Ryan)
No screen name (Julius)
Felix45 (Ryan)
Yum-Cha (Andrew)
Cloak and Dagger (Jake)
Sintenal (Austin)
BOBA (Shawn)
No screen name (Josh)
Spyda (Steven)

Not listed in any particular order, so I don't want anyone picking a fight with me over it. Same with if I forgot someone.
GOD ADAM, DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING??!! It's YUM_(UNDERSCORE)_CHA.

CAN'T YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT???!!! I didn't mess up your name, VITAMIN (SPACE) X.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice

Screen Name (Name)

jra64 (Ryan)
No screen name (Julius)
Felix45 (Ryan)
Yum-Cha (Andrew)
Cloak and Dagger (Jake)
Sintenal (Austin)
BOBA (Shawn)
No screen name (Josh)
Spyda (Steven)

GOD ADAM, DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING??!! It's YUM_(UNDERSCORE)_CHA.

CAN'T YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT???!!! I didn't mess up your name, VITAMIN (SPACE) X.

heytallman

CTALL
To felix(Ryan) - I have no idea when I'll be coming up, but I'll let you guys know. And you don't have to do a tournament for me, I just wanna play with a couple people when I come up. Maybe a small smashfest?

To everyone else - You guys seem cool, playing you will be fun.

felix45

Smash Lord
oh no, there WILL be a tourney when you come up! just be sure to tell us in advance. there would be no reason NOT to when you come up!

just so long as you visit while people are actually here. once we all leave at the end of april, the community here dies.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
thats pretty depressing thing to say

lubbock smash community passed away in April...

anyway, find it odd you would suddenly host a tourny for just one person that is not from lubbock ;x

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I just want brawl to come out already... geez then brawl tourny after we all lose at the gamestop one... items on and all =(

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
He is right, they will probably put on a crapload of items, make it free for alls, make all of you go at seperate times and THEN when people notice you are a fast learner at the game since you were good at melee all three people will gang up on you... But let's just hope they make it 1v1, then I am pretty sure at least one of you here can get first... But I have a good idea, there is what, 4 gamestops in Lubbock? Why don't the top 4 players in Lubbock start watching and reading up on Brawl and go to those seperate gamestops, if you all got first that would own. Anyways I know that one of you at least will, I would be suprised if you didn't.

Ryan I challenge you to at least get to the regionals!

EDIT: And for some reason, I would think Sint would learn new characters and stuff the fastest. Sint, you go to the Brawl tournament!

felix45

Smash Lord
anyway, find it odd you would suddenly host a tourny for just one person that is not from lubbock ;x
well everyone will show up no matter what day it is more than likely, so I may as well throw it on a weekend when I can get +1 guaranteed :p

and yeah gamestop is notorious for doing stuff like that. chances are, there will be at LEAST smash balls on.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
cry some more!

wow such complaining of items god, do you just not want to have fun.

probably gonna skip out on this, rather you know just play the game ;x

felix45

Smash Lord
the last tourney from gamestop I went to was awful. they put damage at .05 with all items on medium.

so basically you live to 150% and because everyone is heavy the best strategy was to just run away and get items with fox or CF.

yeah that tourney blew lol.

edit: that link says that each gamestop decides its own rules.....so for all we know it could be really stupid rules lol.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Do have to admit the funnest times I have had on smash were with free for alls with items back when I wasn't technical at the game... But that is followed very closely by good 1v1 competition now, so with Brawl I am still wondering what to do. I guess since I don't like getting my butt kicked I will try to at least get somewhat good at it, and if it stays fun I will try to get really good. Melee is not fun at all now, but looking at Brawl vids and the cool crazy stages and characters, even the gameplay looks funner. I don't however like leaving town to play a game, so I hope my wifi play here isn't really laggy when I am just playing you guys.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Through all the years I have played smash I have probably made about $70 - $80 or so combined in Plainview and Lubbock tournaments. Melee has gotten me nowhere!!!!!!!! Brawl has to be super fun or else I will kick it in its figurative nuts!

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
And then when you are the best it's all like "all that for THIS?!"... <_< Of course I wouldn't know that, but I guess I would think that if I ever became the worlds best at something. I am sure dominating people constantly wouldn't get boring to me right away though. =)

...Too bad I suck at stuff!! :mad:

felix45

Smash Lord
well even the best still has to work their hardest to prove it. its not like once you become the best you can just sandbag everything and auto win. you will still have to compete and prove your strat. is better and smarter than your opponents.

and of course there is always the scenario where someone beats you then you are no longer the best, and have to work to get back to that point. so it isn't really like that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom