• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

Smash Apprentice
i $8 MM felix... his G&W hurt my feelings... he won first two... then i won 2nd two... and the last one ... i ended up on my dreaded stage of all...

Dang you fountain of suck

costed me 8 bucks...

next time felix... next time...

edit:

no more shiek Adam?

felix45

Smash Lord
yea boiiii my GnW is TOP NOTCH! haha :p

edit: someone just showed me this lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21esqeZ8QVU

edit2: hey guys if you could put up flyers I'd appreciate it. I made a flyer and have been putting it up where all of my classes have been. just copy/paste this into word and make it bigger.

flyer said:
Super Smash Brothers Melee Tournament this Saturday at 1:30pm
In the Carpenter/Wells Common Building
Go to http://www.ttu.edu/campusMap/buildings/cwc.php for directions.

$1 Entry for Singles
$2 Entry for Teams ($1 per person)
Pot split 60/30/10 with 4th getting refund

Snacks and Drinks will be provided!
Be sure to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLER!

If you have any questions email me at r.cable@ttu.edu

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ! I had to read a whole page to catch up with you guys! Haha... Sefe, you are doing a lot of ****-talking. I mean, ****-talking when you can back it up is okay, but if you suck ***, we're all going to point and laugh at you =). Me and you being on teams will make things interesting =D.

Btw, for the record, I wasn't being rude and claiming I'm going to own everyone on teams, that was Serg... Everyone here knows I only bite when bitten.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Bah, everyone and their dog seems to think that playing Sheik and playing Y. Link are mutually exclusive. I can play both, can I not? No law against it, last I checked.

How many bags of chips do you think we'll need? disposable cups? napkins? 2-liters?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you kids are silly bringing snacks to this ;x

also taking poll on who to play in teams, feel free to pick

this isnt narcissism like im saying i could win with any character, i just dont feel like choosing a character myself ;x

Prime Time

Smash Apprentice
Actually, this is a law against playing both.

If you look closely under paragraph C in Section 4 of the Sma****ion, it clearly states that one can not play both a High Tier and a Low Tier character within, but not limited to, 4 weeks of each other.

=D

felix45

Smash Lord
adam you are angry all of the time.

also ummm i dunno just whatever is cheap at wal mart should be good.

edit: sint you should go CF all tourney. also you should team w/ crono because he is going now that he doesn't have other plans anymore.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Actually, this is a law against playing both.

If you look closely under paragraph C in Section 4 of the Sma****ion, it clearly states that one can not play both a High Tier and a Low Tier character within, but not limited to, 4 weeks of each other.

=D
You win with best post ever.

I like how all the out of towners are deciding who will be on who's team.

Edit: I'll buy some snacks and drinks tomorrow or Friday.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I'm talkin smack cus I am teamin with you...its like if i teamed with roy i culd talk smack cus he can take 2 ppl at once so all i am doin is gettin a few stocks off and u finish them lol :chuckle:

Austin doesnt get snacks for being a jerk!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to get some chips at Sam's place because I don't have much in the way of "real money" at my disposal. Don't worry, I'll make sure I have enough for my tournament entry and my money match.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
You win with best post ever.

I like how all the out of towners are deciding who will be on who's team.

Edit: I'll buy some snacks and drinks tomorrow or Friday.

You prejudice against "out of towners" there Andrew?:psycho:

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
man i cant wait for the tourney!....I wanna just have fun now I'm not soo worried about wining...I guess cus itll b more like a party cus the snacks...we shuld have music!!!!!!!!!!!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Felix. You are running Team Fortress on your LAPTOP?! It must be a **** kickass Laptop. I need to play a little Smash before tomorrow, been playing too much Quake 4, lol =D.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I'll have 6 bags of chips, so unless you feel we need more, you needn't worry about that. In order to do well at this tournament, I'll need to only be angry 30% of the time...

So, Mr. Kingpin Jake, do you have quick access to an anger suppressant? *jk*

EDIT: I'm not bringing drinks, cups, or napkins. Someone else take care of that. And I'll be available to smash today, barring things unexpected.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I may... Hmmm... Yeah, I should probably get something in before the tournament.

Oh yeah, I thought of this the other day. How about we have a 2v1 tournament? =D. You guys pick teams and I'll just be my own team. LOL =D.

I'm just kidding, I admit, I just wanted to talk trash. Bah, just sitting here in class... Already did my **** so I'm bored as hell...

I can jump higher than all of you.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Just against people who post all lot, but don't show up for anything :psycho:

J/K, but really, about **** time your going to one of the TGL, the first one usually is the best.

Lol... I got our ride sick. I am bored of smash from playing alot recently, but Serg is looking forward to the tourney quite a bit. Hmm, maybe things will work out.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
haha

would be lame if you did not show up

i even thought about maybe playing smash just so i wouldnt be completely useless for the tourny ;x

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ok, we have a new ride MAYBE. In any case I only have like 4 bucks to spend on entry, how much is it 1$ each?

EDIT: I don't have 20$ felix... So a MM can go as high as 2 bucks. SUCKS FOR YOU!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I'm too sleepy to check, lol =D. Hey Felix, don't forget to bring Orange Box =D. Thanks...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Shutup Felix, I'll MM you all my doubles winnings. =PPPPPP If Sint still teams with me.

EDIT: 60/40 chance we are going, not completely sure even yet. If our ride flakes out at the last minute is the only way we won't be able to come... But the chance of THAT happening is actually pretty big.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Read above... =) I will come on here maybe an hour or so before we leave and I will probably know for sure if I am or not.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
GO ahead, haven't heard from Serg so it doesn't look like we will be attending.

EDIT: Yes we are going, nevermind that.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Sint, I had no control... Like leaving early, but I started feeling I was gonna hurl during my first match with Andrew and it didn't go away until I ate, so it was probably a good thing we left. Anyways who won singles? Also you know teaming with Crono is pure super coolness!!!

EDIT: Lol @ Me and Felix's double winning MM. Again, not my fault. =P

jra64

Smash Journeyman
FUNNEST FU-CKING TOURNAMENT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! Getting 2nd with DONKEY KONG! Close a$$ matches, and beating Felix AND Jake trying to find a fu-cking way to win against a top tier sheik and falco with a slow a$$ character! That **** was fun, seriously. The matches afterwards were really fun too, cause I was really really trying to **** you guys. Man, I had a good time... Shawn you should have fu-cking stayed so we could play more. The only time we got in were bull**** casuals... Let's all be pro at brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom