• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Are you absolutely sure that's not techable? I'm talking about at any time during the combo. This is garbage if it isn't, though.

Funny, we were joking about fusing Fox's lasers with Falco's in Melee, and then they actually have a 1-button laserlock in Brawl (if that's not techable).

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
dont see much point in goin if matt isnt gonna even be able to play teams so ;x

felix45

Smash Lord
it isn't techable after the first hit. you can tech when you hit the ground (because as you see the falco hits w/ the laser when you bounce off the ground) but more importantly is that with this infinite, falco forces you to tech, meaning he is severely limiting your options on get up and lets him have a high chance of continuing a combo as he tech chases.

edit: matt and sint if we start teams at 2 right on the dot would you guys play in teams?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you would be the first tourny ever in history of man to start off at the time intended

felix45

Smash Lord
well see my plan was to announce it starts at 1:30 then really start it at 2pm thereby bypassing the rule where no tournament starts until at least 30 min past the intended start time!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
it isn't techable after the first hit. you can tech when you hit the ground (because as you see the falco hits w/ the laser when you bounce off the ground) but more importantly is that with this infinite, falco forces you to tech, meaning he is severely limiting your options on get up and lets him have a high chance of continuing a combo as he tech chases.

edit: matt and sint if we start teams at 2 right on the dot would you guys play in teams?
Hm, Zaft was talking about Brawl not having any combos. I wonder if he's aware of this infinite, and if he isn't, if i should make him aware. I think I will.

felix45

Smash Lord
bluezaft is just stupid. of course it will have combos. No one knows how to combo after playing for a week. it takes a LITTLE more time than that I would hope.

I read his post. I dont care what he thinks anyways lol he can think what he wants.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
THIS STINX SHAWN IS SICK! Like the flu...soo IDK if we will go to...Cus I don't wanna train and get back into Melee for no reason at all...so Felix we may not even meet cus Shawn is my ride and teammate IDK even if I do go and he isn't there I won't enter I play FUNS but not the tourney I like teams singles ehhh r ok...but not my fav

I'm not scared just rideless if he doesn't go...:ohwell:

bluezaft

The True Zaft
bluezaft is just stupid. of course it will have combos. No one knows how to combo after playing for a week. it takes a LITTLE more time than that I would hope.

I read his post. I dont care what he thinks anyways lol he can think what he wants.
There's way less hitstun then before. By definition, that would make it harder to combo. Do you know what hitstun is? It's the period of time after you get hit that you can't do anything. And there's almost none of that in Brawl. Get it? For almost every throw in the game, for example, the throwee is free to get away or hit back before you can reach him. Except for a select few like DDD's stupid wall infinite.

I'm not just pulling this out of nowhere. Everybody noteworthy who has played it has said combos are very rare. If you DID read my post I said I'm sure there would be be developments to figure out how to combo/edgeguard...but that doesn't mean it's going to be anywhere near what Melee is. And don't be like "ner, it's not Melee 2.0" because I know it's a different game but that doesn't mean I have to freaking like it because it has the word "Smash" in the title.

felix45

Smash Lord
There's way less hitstun then before. By definition, that would make it harder to combo. Do you know what hitstun is? It's the period of time after you get hit that you can't do anything. And there's almost none of that in Brawl. Get it? For almost every throw in the game, for example, the throwee is free to get away or hit back before you can reach him. Except for a select few like DDD's stupid wall infinite.

I'm not just pulling this out of nowhere. Everybody noteworthy who has played it has said combos are very rare. If you DID read my post I said I'm sure there would be be developments to figure out how to combo/edgeguard...but that doesn't mean it's going to be anywhere near what Melee is. And don't be like "ner, it's not Melee 2.0" because I know it's a different game but that doesn't mean I have to freaking like it because it has the word "Smash" in the title.
what ****ing proof do you have/ have you played this ****ing game? no ***** you havent you jsut watched videos so **** you, you don tknow **** this game has only been out for a week.

I dont give a **** about melee 2.o we dont know **** about this game is what im saying. if you have ****ing played this game then you can say whatever the **** youw ant but if you havent the go **** a cow man because you dont knwo jack ****.

edit: wtf @sefe - dude hes not gonna have the flu for a week hes gonna get better dont you cop out on me man im gonna raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
what ****ing proof do you have/ have you played this ****ing game? no ***** you havent you jsut watched videos so **** you, you don tknow **** this game has only been out for a week.

I dont give a **** about melee 2.o we dont know **** about this game is what im saying. if you have ****ing played this game then you can say whatever the **** youw ant but if you havent the go **** a cow man because you dont knwo jack ****.

edit: wtf @sefe - dude hes not gonna have the flu for a week hes gonna get better dont you cop out on me man im gonna raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape
Felix was still somewhat drunk when he posted this, wasn't he? You just make yourself sound like an idiot when you do stuff like this.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I hope he does get better becus ive been lookin foward to this for a while...cus i heard about u back like in December someone better than Drew I think it was Shawn Sint Crono then me then Drew so idk but i know i was top 4 at least it wat crono said!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you got 5th at the last tourny you came to

Andrew beat you after taking forever to take your last stock

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Drew has gotten better but not better than me...it was a horrible day for me...I forgot how to CHAINGRAB i mean cmon how do u forget that....he has gotten alot better. I wasn't expecting him to beat me that bad and SINT is good but I have gotten better I'm not sayin ill beat u but it maybe 2 stock instead of four...come to think of it Drew has gotten better cus first time we met I 4 stocked him in a marth ditto so yeah...but sint lookin foward to seein if i improved n ryan i wanna show i got better I wanna fight felix to...so hopefully douchebag shawn will get better =P

Do I know Vitamin X from any tourneys?

Sint are you still a MOD???

Sint do u live in lubbock or go to tech...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
yes im a mod and im probably not even going so you wont probably get to play me

and i get my gifs from the internet!

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...well then ruin shawns day...if ryan doesnt go he will have to face me or felix

jra64

Smash Journeyman
To me, Brawl looks like the way they meant Melee to be played. I like Brawl's design a lot better.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Felix has never been better than drew, why are you saying this? And sefe you were never better than drew either.

we will be playing melee still when brawl comes out

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...wat ever we rnt goin shawns sick n it isnt worth wastin anymore time on melee...brawl is comin out soon so im studyin brawl...i have no idea who dagger is but he ticks me off more than felix probly one of the worst there anyways...reminds me of ROB...Drews teammate...

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
You asked if you know me. You don't. Let's keep it that way until the tournament occurs, assuming that it does.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...IDK if we will go we are kinda like ehhh...so i say 60/40...so we possibly may not go...I wanna go just watin on Shawn if he gets better we will know by wednesday...

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I am going after all with Shawn's bro Ace...so yeah...anyone wanna team wit me? felix do u have a teammate?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
serg just to give you an idea, Felix put me in losers last tourny ^_^

and felix i can do whatever i want, and you guys arent silly in melee you dont even put items on :*(

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...I never heard such a thing...All I heard was He was better than Andrew, he almost lost to your ness...and that he stinx...but the more n more i hear...the better I think he is...that is why I wanna team/play him cus he sounds good...Sint I want to prove I was having a horrible day and have gotten better smarter over the months so I wanna fight u once more btw ur wat vs his wat???...

Crono is good but wen u put a ******** dumb person who is havin a bad day = stoopidness to the max so now i will do better

felix45

Smash Lord
boba wont be sick all week. srsly.

also no I'm not teaming with you ive never seen you in my life. if fmatt and sintenal play on teams I think ryan and I are gonna team because we had some hax awesome team skillz at the new mexico tourney. if not I think ryan is gonna team with julias and me probably with jake so we get some good competition in doubles.

I dont care what you think about me because I know if you wont put money on a match vs me then I know you are afraid and that I'm better.

@sint - YOU HAVE TO COME PLZPLZPLZ! GOOD TIMES ARE GUARANTEED! you dont NEED items for silly stuff! team ftilt dtilt FTW.
haha the begging is starting a week early this time :p

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
dude wat is it wit u n money matches lol...JAKE still plays first time i ever fought him i beat him...but i knew he was sand baggin so maybe i can finally play him full force...lol true never met u i just am bored shawn i hope is goin to go i talked to him he said he may not go idk man i didnt want to go now i do...fine if it means u to stop botherin me on money matches...yes fleix i am scared of u...Julias isnt that ryans bro?
also Sint n crono both said they rnt goin so i doubt they will unless they want us to think that..also ryan said "If I have **** to do? I have **** to do."..so yeah i doubt he will go i am pumped n ready to fight u

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I'm about 50/50 on going, honestly. If there's a time I've been interested in Smash, it's probably now. I'll team with whoever, btw. I don't care if you suck or if you're 2nd best... Yeah, but me and Felix at New Mexico was ****ing crazy.

Felix's half b-aerial, f-smash (only 2nd hit), d-tilt (cause he knows the platform will rise his opponent's shield), charge attack, KO SLAP!

LOL! I'm seriously laughing right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom