• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
You did not! Only us fat people know about it! Wait, you are semi-fat like me, too... Right? Nevermind, you might know about it. Lol =D.

Last time you saw me I had a beer belly... =) I have been working out alot so I am sure that has helped. Still eat a buttload of food all the time... But I crap alot, so it all balances out. :bee: I guess... Free pancake day shall rule! Btw you guys still have tournaments?

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Last time you saw me I had a beer belly... =) I have been working out alot so I am sure that has helped. Still eat a buttload of food all the time... But I crap alot, so it all balances out. :bee: I guess... Free pancake day shall rule! Btw you guys still have tournaments?
uhhhh, how old are you?? :confused: I know Serg was homeschooled.....so that makes you??

felix45

Smash Lord
once I get an advisor we'll be having a tourney.

anyone know a prof. they can ask? I'll keep going through all of mine though the one I had the best chance w/ said no. we need an advisor people so yea.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
He's just saying you aren't old enough to drink... Because everyone only starts drinking when they are 21... Didn't you know that?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
"DINGLEBERRY" - A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.

.........Sweeet....... Ryan you are a dingleberry. =]

JK

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, I just use the term "beer belly" for anybody that is kinda pudgy.

felix45

Smash Lord
guys I was being serious when I was asking for advisors....so far every one of my teachers have said no. please if you think one of your teachers has a good chance of saying yes please tell me so we can go ask.

we wont be able to do tech announce if someone doesn't know any advisors who would be willing.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
guys I was being serious when I was asking for advisors....so far every one of my teachers have said no. please if you think one of your teachers has a good chance of saying yes please tell me so we can go ask.

we wont be able to do tech announce if someone doesn't know any advisors who would be willing.
Alright Felix..... Does it have to be a TA, or does it actually have to be the professor? My professor for Mechanics & Materials Lab is a pretty cool guy and he is only like in his mid 20s, plus in lab he actually socializes with us.

I guess I'll try to talk to him during the week if I'm not busy, but no guarantees.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Yall n00bs still smash...Well all i know is there not worth going to anymore...unless there r prizes...i mean cmon i could have owned drew i was a bad day...i think...ryan is the only challenge down there...and i hear alot bout this felix guy...a "fox" player BAH fox players hide behind there...shine spikes is all

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
why dont u drive ur butts to Plainview here...i preaty sure we can a building np...or just get da best of the best to meet at drews cus i hate tourneys...make me nerrvous n i dont preform well its likeee...doin a fat chick right ryan u would know plenty about that!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Whatever, this really doesn't matter when it's all said and done. When we're all going to our graves, nobody's going to remember or care what great gamers we either were or weren't.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
become awfully confident kid, i mean last time you tried to play me, you wouldnt take more than 1 stock

and im an old out of shape guy

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Man, I don't think anyone is going to come to Plainview EVER... Also, I bet Brawl will be a big let down as far as COMPETITIVE play goes, but still be super fun nonetheless. =) And as far as prizes go, I still love smash without prizes, but to travel 40 miles I would only go now if there was a good prize... The spring halo thing that one time had a smash bros prize of 20$ for singles and for doubles, and that was awesome... Also no entry fee! Good times... Only bad thing that time was that only first got anything, not even 2nd and 3rd got anything, but I would still go if there was only a 1st place prize.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i was talkin about your little buddy sean(or shawn? possibly shaun? not sure which to use ;x)

felix and I have not really played much, won every team tourny set :p

but we've played in a 1v1 set once, and i played ness against his fox, though kinda close felix did beat me *shrug*

pretty sure he could beat most of my characters by now, fortunately there is still teams, which you guys need to figure out how to play :p

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Try fighting Roy and I on a team... =P... Serg and I will kill each other for no reason alot of times, or because one thinks it would be funny. Also I make my old self look like a noob now. But if we did ever go to another tourney, we will work on our teamwork.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
and yes i could also pick some player that plays all the time as well to make myself seem better

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Lol, you're pushing it old boy... Why don't you go to the next tournament they hold, and I will come specially for you. Go whoever you want...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
well you are claiming to be a better teams player without a consistent partner, thats the only reason why I would call you out on it. Im sure you would just pick ryan or something despite the fact you two properly rarely play each other.

And i dont go cause i dont play melee outside of the random FFAs(with items on :O). Though i am very excited for brawl, there is no point in playing melee, very different games from what people have told me, its hard to break the habits you have from melee so *shrug*. though i wonder if felix is gonna come begging me to go to a tournament again ;)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yeah probably, I hear Brawl is a bit slower and has no wavedash at all. So alot of the tactics we use in Melee will be completely gone, and Melee is getting boring as crap. O_O I am getting to where I only like playing single player games, I just need a new competitive game that I like and that has a good community. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Btw, I wasn't challenging for teams, I was challenging for a singles match... I am not quite as good on teams as you are I will admit. But since you don't even play anymore it is not worth it for a singles set.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
None of this matters. This game is dead, and from where I'm standing, the odds of us ever encountering you are nil anyway. There's only one tourney left (maybe) and there's no guarantee that there will even be a ghost of a turnout, even if all else goes right.

(Begin ignoring post here.)

I don't intend to become too competitive in Brawl either, even if it does turn out to be good. There's only so much I'm willing to do to get good at a video game when there's other things in life that really matter, even if I haven't discovered them yet. Yeah, I'll admit that losing all the time has something to do with this decision, but winning doesn't feel so good that hours of practice feel well-spent.

Maybe I'll change my mind, but...

felix45

Smash Lord
I dont think playing melee now will make you worse. for example, sure after playing melee for god knows how long then switching to SSB64 makes me play worse at first, but after 2 or 3 matches I get back into my old groove and remember what is good vs what is bad in comparison to melee. plus many new things I learned in melee carry over to all fighting games so I actually have been getting better at both games as a result.
edit: I think the easiest way to break any habits w/ melee would be to use a new controler. for me, something about the physical layout of the controler relates to games and how I play them more than my mentality of what is good to do vs what is bad. I took a hit and decided to go get the classic controler, I hope the investment was worthwhile :)

also I dont see on what grounds any of you are claiming that brawl will be bad for competitive gaming. with melee being excellent for advanced level of play you could never really know. no one will really know AT LEAST until a year after brawl has been out. that goes for all fighting games really. I couldn't say SF4 will be bad for competitive gaming just because right now there seems to be cancels for every move there is.

I'm sure plenty of people thought melee would never reach a level of play equal to something like pro level in MvC2 yet I would say it most definitely has. really you all aren't giving the game a chance and it hasn't even come out yet.

@boba - if money is your incentive to come out I'll do a $20 money match with you ($20 is enough to get you to come out right?). plus next tourney for melee will be $1 entry.

@sint - dont get too cockey! what if I win next tourney singles AND teams? also yes I will still have to beg you to come lol.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you will teams and singles cause i wont be there :)

no begging is gonna work this time

*edit*

and yes you win anyway even if I went

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
YEAH FELIX! That's what I am talking about! =) Make it a set just for the heck of it, and 20$ is fine... Can we make it at this tournament? Also, when and where is the tournament so I can try to make plans?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Hey, does anyone know if Crono still plays? I never see him on the threads anymore and I don't hear about him.

felix45

Smash Lord
no fmatt doesn't really play anymore.

also its on! best 3 of 5 :)

and the next tourney is going to happen as soon as I can get an advisor to make the club so we can post the tech announce to get people to come O.o

so yeah once that happens I'll be able to.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
ehh austin...i was havin a freackin bad day plus i dont do good in tourneys....shawn knows dat...plus shawn owned u baddd last time he was a MONSTERRR that u cried about for weeks! ^_^ felix plzzz money match heh...plus i will agree me n shawn as a team is funny we mess around if we went serious we could own..... I am better than i ever was u know fighting the best player in the panhandle and lubbock gets u into shape for smash...i agree brawl is fun lookin nuthin more saw a vid of a falco vet. it was horrible n slow nothin like melee...only reason we still play melee is the only game...we play competively...idk is there anything else for the wii besides brawl...i dont own a 360 or ps3 both suck in my opinion...there prices....wii ftw...n i am lookin foward to KH3 even if it means gettin a sexbox 360...felix up my ass??? im not gay dude...r u...plus its gonna b funny wen u r owned by a 16 year old HA!

felix45

Smash Lord
its gonna be funny? what the hell?

kid you better put up or shut up. $10 money match. I'm willing to go to $100 though if you want. I figure the only way you'd accept is if it was only $10 though.

and I said the next tournament is going to have money meaning it should be incentive to come so you can keep your poorly written comments to yourself. aka you can "cram it up your ***". IS THAT SIMPLE ENUF 4 U?

edit: @boba - I have a feeling the next tourney will be either the 16th or 23rd.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
LOL!...someone has anger probs u may wanna get that checked out...put up or shut up hmmm i think u better save ur money punk

felix45

Smash Lord
well **** if your a scared little ***** that talks **** but wont back it up you could have just said so.

anger management? lol I'm trolling just as much as you are son GG

also your **** talk means nothing if you wont accept money matches. you clearly afraid of losing $10 to me which is why you wont accept M I RITE? so already we can conclude ME > YOU. GG

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ahh crap, don't throw me into arguements!! Felix, if it is the 16th we can probably make it, 23rd is a definate no. And 3 out of 5 will be great! =D Lookin forward to it, as long as it turns out on to be on the 16th... Even if I lose, this will be awesome!!

felix45

Smash Lord
alright I'll see about throwing a tourney on the 16th.

hey everyone we'll have to get an advisor this week for sure and get stuff turned in so everyone if you know anyone I can use as an advisor tell me!

also I think it has to be a professor andrew, I'm not sure TAs will work (otherwise I have a TA that will probably accept I think)

let me check to be sure.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Dude I wouldn't money match you even if was 50 cents...ok I'm not into that crap...I hear your not as good as Andrew who pwns...so yeah...but I do look foward to this tourney...Teams...we will pwn...singles we will pwn...i plan to at least get top 4...as usal...We all know Shawn da Kahn is goin to win anyways with his gimping and such with the back air off the ledge grabs out the butt...:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom