• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Ryan me n u team??? I mean shawn will probaly not go n his bro wants to team wit me so if he finds a teammate n shawn doesnt go u n me???

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Jake dude what happend i mean i heard u were awsome even crono said i wuld get owned i mean cmon dude u used falco vs my sheik u were in a hurry or something

Drew the Dragon yeah he wants to money match shawn 50 bucks lol!!!

I'm sure I am not better than him...Sint, Roy, Ryan are better than me I know I can beat Crono...u idk cus i mean u let me win n felix man u dont know how pumped up anxious n nervous i am to fight felix

felix45

Smash Lord
you think you can beat crono? thats a match I'd like to see haha

edit: wait I was just talking to sint. just an FYI when playing against crono, if you beat anything but his samus it doesn't count because crono only uses samus. he cant play any other character (and I'm sure he'll admit it too :p)

I can beat his everything else but that doesn't mean I am better than him. to be better I'd have to beat his samus in tournament.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I mean dude one time he almost lost to my Doc My doc...dude i just wouldnt think n run into crap...idk i guess i get too nervous at tourneys also they started later than this one so i was kinda tired from all day activity but this one is early n such but hey felix wat time r u gettin there??? cus i wuld like to warm up we can take a cube if shawns works

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Hey felix if sefe and ryan team you and i should team, would make for some interesting sets i think...you and ryan = win too easy.

Sefe Im just messin with ya. I take playing more serious now. Back in the day I used to always have other crap to do so my mind was never in the game because I knew I was going to have to leave at any given time. I will play you for serious though in a friendly if you would like.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
^ JOHNS I sound like i make too many johns -_-' yeah i'll admit i sucked still do but not as bad

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
See I think I should shut up lol boy u guys r nice im just a jerk believe me i tick everyone off on forums n real life im not dat big of a jerk lol =P

felix45

Smash Lord
yea jake I was thinking we'd team if fmatt and sint end up not playing together in teams.

I'm running the tourney so after I eat lunch I'll be setting up an hour early hopefully.

ok so I guess I'll edit the title and confirm the 16th at 1:30pm

I want to head over to the room at 12:30 (or if someone wants at 12 so we can eat at sams place then go set up) so I'll need someone to pick me up so I can bring my TV/wii
also we need people to bring their gamecubes and wii's so we can get plenty of friendlys in.

I'm not sure the tech announce is going to be up but I'll put up flyers before I go to class all week and in my dorm and the dorm next to mine.

if you live in a dorm if you can put up a flyer just say there will be a melee tourney 1:30pm saturday feb. 16 $1 entry singles $2 teams (so 1 per person in teams) in capenter/wells common building in the training room I'd really appreciate it. I guess if you want you could put on there to email me for questions @ r.cable@ttu.edu
oh and put there will be drinks/snacks, and a free entry into a raffle if you bring a whole setup (meaning tv/cube). er and you can post the link to the map that shows where carpenter/wells is or just copy/paste the image. here it is http://www.ttu.edu/campusMap/buildings/cwc.php

everyone call up your friends too and ask them to come this saturday so they make plans to be there, I'm gonna call up people during the week to get people to come. I want to actually have a tourney this time and I'm gonna go way out of my way to be sure we can have one so I get experience at running them for brawl! also I'll need people to help call out matches and put in who wins/loses their matches when I'm doing my matches.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
K Felix umm ill meet u there at 12 man maybe we can warm up...also i wuld bring my wii but my bro is usin it for a DBZ tourney...-_-' but uhh ill c if shawn can bring his cube maybe a tv...uhhh ill ask some of the guys down here if they will go although they SUCK!...umm anything else needs to b done let me know.

Anyone know a guy who used to live at Lubbock named Jenson who played smash???...he thinks he can beat us he lives in Canyon now.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
"I'll need people to help call out matches and put in who wins/loses their matches when I'm doing my matches." - Felix

Uhhh I can call out who fight who if u want me to...

felix45

Smash Lord
so long as you know how to read brackets (which isn't hard :p) you can go ahead and call them out if you see a free TV and a match that can be played.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Kk ^.^ uhhh also u plan to have brawl tourneys thats awsome but hey felix GS here said if i can get a petition for BRAWL they will have a tourney here all they need is like 4 wiis i think they have 1 or 2 so is it coo if i take one n have ppl sign it?

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
kk ^_^ i hope drew wont hit me again he gave me 3 interfractions already i DD so wat! not goin to end the world

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
K Felix umm ill meet u there at 12 man maybe we can warm up...also i wuld bring my wii but my bro is usin it for a DBZ tourney...-_-' but uhh ill c if shawn can bring his cube maybe a tv...uhhh ill ask some of the guys down here if they will go although they SUCK!...umm anything else needs to b done let me know.

Anyone know a guy who used to live at Lubbock named Jenson who played smash???...he thinks he can beat us he lives in Canyon now.
DBZ.....WTF??? :dizzy: I hope I get to play you in the tournament. It's been a long time since I last played you.

And yes, you're a jerk in real life and in the forums.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
DBZ.....WTF??? :dizzy: I hope I get to play you in the tournament. It's been a long time since I last played you.

And yes, you're a jerk in real life and in the forums.
JOHN!!!!!!!! Andrew I'm not a jerkkk i just hate u is all lol jk jk rob isnt goin right he is the only person to piss me off there wont stfu always talks trash n sux more than me

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
JOHN!!!!!!!! Andrew I'm not a jerkkk i just hate u is all lol jk jk rob isnt goin right he is the only person to piss me off there wont stfu always talks trash n sux more than me
He actually transfered at the end of fall 07 to UNT. I'm not 100% sure if he is taking classes right now, haven't talked to him since beginning of January.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Me and Ryan are going to own...ALL!!!! ^_^

I feel bad not teamin wit Shawn but I won't be a burden to him! I'll be a burden to Ryan!:laugh:

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I am feeling a LITTLE better today... Sint, even though I suck on teams... WILL YOU PLEAAASE TEAM WITH ME FOR FUN SINCE CRONO CAN'T STAY?!!!!!!!! =(

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
yeah sint do it!

Me n Ryan
Sint n Shawn
Felix n Jake

Gonna be aswsome!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
haha

hmmm ill have to think about this, this combination could work out well or go terribly wrong :o

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
That is what I was thinking... You and I teaming up = either 1st place... Or dead last. =D

Hey, either way it will be SUPER fun. What do you say?

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I say do it! I mean I'm in da top 10 so i mean the top 10 against one another in teams would be epic

although if shawn is left without a teammate i'll feel bad and point in his face n laugh!

or
be a good frend and NOT do a shawn n leave my teammate for the best at the last freackin minute:chuckle:

felix45

Smash Lord
sint you KNOW you want to come out and play smash! plllllzzzzz

and if no items on isn't fun enough we can give ourselves weird handicaps to make it fun. HAO BOUT IT?

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
LOL!...Everyone loves Sint besides me!...I mean we hugged but that means NOTHING!...BTW Shawn do you like leave you PC on or are you on Smashboards all day...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I leave my pc on... I just leave smashboards open in a tab and forget about it whether I stay on the internet or take a nap... And I will love Sint if he teams with me. =)

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
Me and Ryan are sorry guys...You know cus we have to own all of you in a short period of time LOL! jk

Shawn and I want crew battles for fun

Shawn,Matt,Andrew,Austin aka losers vs Me,Jake,Felix,Ryan aka the winners

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
im very out of shape so fair warning

i hardly touch melee, so the only character might remotely have is peach

hope you can kill everyone, i can be your life pool ^_^

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
SWEEEET! ...I am out of shape too, I suck now, especially my Sheik and especially on teams... But I will prepare for this as best I can. =)

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...out of shape...thats a load of crap from both of yall!

Felix said no to the crew battles :ohwell:...i bet he would do it if there was money!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
what you can ask anyone here at tech, i never go to the smashfests ^_^

only time i play melee is FFAs with items, then i usually play random characters

so Im pretty sure Im up to any sort of skill lvl of when i seriously played

and dont worry Ill continue to not practice, more so because i have a couple tests this week ;x

felix45

Smash Lord
whats the point of a crew battle? unless it is with the people you usually play vs other people that play together a lot its pointless.

also they're gonna re start up TGL the old one so we dont need an advisor anymore. i dunno if they are gonna have it re registered in time for me to use tech announce but im gonna put up flyers and if other people do too then we'll get a good turnout probably. hopefully they will have it out in time though. I'm gonna do the tech announce thing tomorrow.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Okay Jake, I'm going to get my dollar back. Yes, this is a MM. Same rules as last time. In case you forgot, they were:

-3/5, first stage random (expect me to call for a double blind)
-Choose any character.
-Tournament rules apply, 8 minute time limit.

And we shouldn't do a crew battle, because we'll either end up with an "uber" crew, or somebody getting slighted. Probably both.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
me and shawn use to MM one another in dollars lol

someone should take a camera for the finals espically teams wen me and ryan own all!!!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
just some friendly advice for you guys, wii's use a emulator, and they lag melee a bit.

we tried using a wii at our last tourney and it was disasterous.
Funny, we use Wii's all the time with no problem. Maybe it's your TV. Some HDTV's lag, not sure which ones.

And thanks for noticing the new avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom