• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
FUNNEST FU-CKING TOURNAMENT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! Getting 2nd with DONKEY KONG! Close a$$ matches, and beating Felix AND Jake trying to find a fu-cking way to win against a top tier sheik and falco with a slow a$$ character! That **** was fun, seriously. The matches afterwards were really fun too, cause I was really really trying to **** you guys. Man, I had a good time... Shawn you should have fu-cking stayed so we could play more. The only time we got in were bull**** casuals... Let's all be pro at brawl.
You forgot about making people playing on stages with characters they don't want to use :psycho:. Only a real champ like myself can pull off 2 Falcon Punches on you, one being off the screen.

And GOSH, didn't you know I totally play Doctor Mario and Gannandorf???!!!! Look at my freaking signature..... IF you knew anything you would know Ryu is my best is SSBM.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
That was good stuff ryan, I was trying my hardest to beat you. I knew if you got 1 grab it was over. I spammed my little heart out and it almost worked. :<

Good matches sefe, now you know that it isnt just hype.

Good matches to everyone else, even that dude I 4 stocked.

except crono, he is still a jerk :3

felix45

Smash Lord
I hate DK. how can I lose to DK in the final melee tourney?

I'm using jigglypuff next time.

ggs though everyone I had fun. at least jake and I won in teams...:p

should we have one more melee tourney march 1st (and hopefully finally have tech announce) or just wait for brawl and have a brawl tourney on march 29th? That DK left a bad taste in my mouth. I need another tourney.

edit: somehow the brackets didnt save even though I hit save on them when I closed tio T_T

I'll post what I remember though.

Teams:
1st - felix + jake
2nd - john + andrew
3rd - steven + adam

singles:
1st - fmatt
2nd - jra64
3rd - boba (you didnt get your prize money so I gave it to 4th, you won $2)
4th - jake

never again ryan, fo realz I cant lose to DK!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I hate DK. how can I lose to DK in the final melee tourney?

I'm using jigglypuff next time.

ggs though everyone I had fun. at least jake and I won in teams...:p

should we have one more melee tourney march 1st (and hopefully finally have tech announce) or just wait for brawl and have a brawl tourney on march 29th? That DK left a bad taste in my mouth. I need another tourney.

edit: somehow the brackets didnt save even though I hit save on them when I closed tio T_T

I'll post what I remember though.

Teams:
1st - felix + jake
2nd - john + andrew
3rd - steven + adam

singles:
1st - fmatt
2nd - jra64
3rd - boba (you didnt get your prize money so I gave it to 4th, you won $2)
4th - jake

never again ryan, fo realz I cant lose to DK!
Oi, did you try Link?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yay I won 2$!!!... GGs everyone, sorry we didn't get to play Felix. Ryan you are extremely fun to play, I was getting use to Sheik again during the tourney so I could whip her out on you, but I never got to. =( Only got to play you with my crap Fox... Until Brawl... GGs Andrew, you have gotten so much smarter, you punish peoples urge to roll/tech away from the ledge, sidesteps and when people jump out of their sheilds next to the ledge, and you try to stay under Sheik, good stuff. Crono, you broke my sheild I think 3 times during the first match... Gotta be some kind of world record, I liked your new tricks on my Sheik like the fast fall edge hog when I do that Up-B stall thing.

Fun times everyone. =)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for getting top 2 with DK Ryan, 1$ well spent! :)

felix45

Smash Lord
oh yeah I could have used link on his DK...I discovered that counter! how could I forget?

****! how could I mess up like that :(

RYAN! $1 MM your dk vs my anything! Crono! we dont have to MM but lets play one final set before brawl sometime best 3/5! I cant lose every time! I need one last shot!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
LOL, I love the excitement! Alright, let's see here... My DK versus your...

Hmm...

Hmm......m,.m,.cvmcvx.zm;sldfksja;dlfj

Link? Yeah. Link is supposed to be the counter, eh?

Show me what you got.

EDIT:

You forgot about making people playing on stages with characters they don't want to use :psycho:. Only a real champ like myself can pull off 2 Falcon Punches on you, one being off the screen.

And GOSH, didn't you know I totally play Doctor Mario and Gannandorf???!!!! Look at my freaking signature..... IF you knew anything you would know Ryu is my best is SSBM.
LOL! You don't know how much this post made me laugh! Yeah dude, I'm dirty when I want to win. DUDE! Nothing beats a falling Falcon Punch off the ****ing screen. I should've just handed you fifty bucks right then and there. Jesus.

Oh and next time you try to Denjin Hadoukin me on SSBM, I'm just going to fu-cking reflect it with Falco.

Your Shoryuken vs my D-Aerial =). Who would win?

felix45

Smash Lord
haha this is what everyone is going to be like when brawl comes out, cant wait! should be good competition!

ryan just to be clear its my anything vs your DK $1! also get on aim if you want me to tell you my steam account stuff.

lol that falcon punch was so amazing that I almost died after witnessing it. too good! :p

Falcon SHORYUKEN! XD

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zOQq2N3xA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDJ00jWMRE
XD!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Felix, I've been online all day! I can't message you cause on gmail AIM I can't add friends. Could you just e-mail it to me at ryanabella@gmail.com?

Oh and yeah, the money match is my DK and your Link.

oh yeah I could have used link on his DK...I discovered that counter! how could I forget?
EDIT: LOL... God, Smash people...

Okay, compare:

Worst of Smash People:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zOQq2N3xA

Worst of Tekken People:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1S0xbAfeow

jra64

Smash Journeyman
How much did Matt win btw?
I think he won $9 bucks.

Oh and Felix, okay, my DK vs any of your characters. That's fine.

EDIT: OH! You mean your "anything" meaning you get to use any character. I thought you were meaning I get to choose your character! Lol...

Okay, so best 2 out of 3? 3 out of 5? What do you want?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Nine dollars? Still not fair, he didn't even want to stay!!!!!!! =P

felix45

Smash Lord
I think he won $9 bucks.

Oh and Felix, okay, my DK vs any of your characters. That's fine.

EDIT: OH! You mean your "anything" meaning you get to use any character. I thought you were meaning I get to choose your character! Lol...

Okay, so best 2 out of 3? 3 out of 5? What do you want?
yup matt won $9.

yeah I get to use any character! best 3 of 5.

did you get my email?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Sure did, I'm going to be installing it once I get home =D. By the way, if you want Quake 4, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, or Timeshift, just let me know. Have you checked out those videos / movies I gave you? =D.

felix45

Smash Lord
Sure did, I'm going to be installing it once I get home =D. By the way, if you want Quake 4, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, or Timeshift, just let me know. Have you checked out those videos / movies I gave you? =D.
I haven't watched the movies yet, I am finishing up a TV series right now.

also I want all of them! I'm just not sure what my lappy can run though heh.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, anytime... When is the next time you're playing?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm Ryan, but don't get 'Ryan' confused with the other 'Ryan' aka Felix...

Everyone should just call Felix, Felix!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
"Hyper Viper Beam!" (Wow, Smashboards won't let me do all caps.)

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
hmm... i am tired of using prime time... im going back old school... high school gamer tag... wooo

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I forgot the essential part of our team awesome strategy. The randomly mumbling "oh no"s that completely devastate Felix. Oh well......

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Felix, why don't you use fu-cking Donkey Kong or something?!

Hey, thanks a lot Felix (sarcasm).

Portal was so fu-cking interesting I just HAD to beat it in one fu-cking day and I started at 12:00 AM and now I haven't slept and I'm in class... What a great fu-cking game. Took me 6 hours. Everything was awesome, the only qualm is that it's too short and the puzzles are way too easy and linear.

But having the control of teleportation sure is fu-cking entertaining! =D.

Now if the other games would download!

Thanks, Felix... =)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I beat Portal in like 3 hours or so, did you do the extra stuff or what? The advanced missions are a little harder, and the challenges like least possible portals and junk... Really fun. =) That game is pretty funny, http://youtube.com/watch?v=6JC2rAES0es.

EDITED :p Spoiler erased.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Even though the two episodes afterwards are short, all of HL2 is extremely good and fun... I didn't get to play TF2 because I had it on Xbox and only had the free Xbox live thing so I had nobody to play it with. =(

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Wow Shawn. I'd erase that spoiler, seriously. That would completely ruin the game for anyone... Oh and I didn't do the extra stuff yet. But, you haven't seen me play single player games. I take a LONG ****ing time cause as an old school gamer I need to see every nook and cranny of the game. Also, who can stop themselves from just playing around with the portals for like an hour!

Man, spoiling such a great game... You should be ashamed of yourself!

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Heheh, yeah I heard the song that is played at the end of the game so I had already known what was gonna happen... Couldn't resist ruining it for other people too. JK, I didn't get to do stuff like get outside and go to the cakeroom, I just saw a vid on youtube of it, you should do that if you haven't already.

Felix... That is crazy and awesome. BIG suprise... not one in Plainview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom