• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LTEC2:GE 7/7/7 (Southern Circuit Event 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Well I wouldn't mind picking you guys up depending on how far apart both of you are and depending on if I even get the day off. But that shouldn't be a problem as long as I ask off soon. But yea just let me know where you guys live and I'll get back to you. And A-L, who are you teaming with cause I'm really interested in seeing how double ness would work out.
The Lobster and I could probably arrange to be at the same place so you don't have to drive all over to get us. Let me speak with him and we'll get back to you. TBP for god tier!

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Awesome, heres to hoping everything works out :)

We can most definitely get in one place to make it easier to pick DGuy and I up as well.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
**** IT
So the edit button wont work. >_<; Here's the updated first post

EDIT: OK I'm debating switching this to 7/7/7 for multiple reasons. What I need to know if this would affect any of you guys into a situation where you wouldn't be able to come. Basically if everyone signed up now can still make it, the tournament will be moved a week back.

It is time again. For real this time too,
EXARCH PRESENTS as his 1337 post:
LET THEM EAT CAKE 2
Gainesville Edition
July 7, 2007

Address:
100 NE 1st Street Gainesville FL 32601
-This is the address of the church which owns the old flowershop and is on the same block as it-
I will have the exact address on Sunday.

FYI: The A/C in this building is supposed to be very good

As of now I will say there will be cake at this one too.

Directions:
I-75 from the North
To be added later
I-75 from the South
To be added later
I-95 from the South
If you’re south enough, take I-75 to its end, then the Sawgrass Expressway to I-95.
Take I-95 to the turnpike to I-75 from the South

Food:
Gainesville Alehouse anyone?
Lots of other options too of course!

Entrance Fee and Payouts:
Door Fee: $5 per person
Singles: $15 per person, payout 60/30/10
Teams: $15 per person, ($30 per team) payout 60/30/10
May go higher by request…

"Schedule":
There will be housing at my house for over night on Friday, maybe Saturday night too. This is for those who might be coming long distances or don't want to wake up early.

"Doors" open at 10. Registration for teams closes at 11.
Teams starts no later than 11:30. After teams singles registration will close, and there will be a lunch break.
Following lunch there will be singles pools, and immediately after follows the bracket.
Afterward we'll all go eat and chill somewheres.

The venue closes at 12:00! I will see if I can convince them to keep it open longer. However, if the tournament runs over, we can finish at my house (where I'm sure a lot of you will be sleeping anyways).

---Don't come to this smelling like butt. In fact, if you tend to begin to reek, bring deodorant.

Rules:

BYOC

Double Elimination

Best of 3 sets
Winners, losers and grand finals best of 5.

4 stock, 8 minute limit

Ties broken by a match on the same stage, same characters as the last two remaining, each with one stock.

Items OFF

Team attack ON

Life stealing allowed of course

Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

Stage Banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

Mutual Banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.

Mutual Allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.

Advanced Slobs: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).

Double Blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

Singles stages:
Neutral stages: FD, Pkstm, DL64

Counterpick stages: All neutrals, YS, BF, FoD, RC, DK64, PPC, Kongo Jungle, JJs, GGs, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute, PkFlts.

Banned stages: Icicle Mt., G.Bay, Temple, Pipes, Venom, FlatZone, The Depths, Onett, 4side, Big Blue, MK I, MKII, and Yoshi's 64

Teams stages:
Neutral stages: FD, Pkstm, DL64, BF, YS, DK64

Counterpick stages: All neutrals, RC, PPC, Kongo Jungle, JJs, G.Bay, GGs, Corneria, Venom, Brinstar, Onett, 4side, PkFlts, MKII

Banned stages: Icicle Mt., Temple, Pipes, FoD, FlatZone, The Depths, Mute, Big Blue, MK I, and Yoshi's 64

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TVs:
--As always, if you can bring a TV, you should.
  1. Exarch
  2. Exarch
  3. Exarch
  4. Derf
  5. Derf

6. ...
Cubes & Smash:--As always, EVERY smasher who attends this tourney should have his Cube AND copy of Smash with him. This is a universal tournament standard, and should be followed. Everyone should have their Cube+Smash with them. You included.
  1. Exarch
  2. Derf

3. ...

Housing: Will be filled on a first come-first serve basis. However if there’s one thing we learned from Solitas’ first tourney, it’s that I can house a LOT of people.

Available to house:
  • Friday Night
    • Exarch’s House
      1. KOkingpin
      2. Jmoan
      3. Wes
      4. Chaddd
      5. RAM
      6. Pritch
      7. PC Buddy 1
      8. PC Buddy 2
      9. With RAM?
    • Solitas' House
  • Saturday Night
    • Exarch’s House
      1. RAM
      2. Pritch
      3. PC Buddy 1
      4. PC Buddy 2
      5. With RAM?
    • Solitas' House

In need of housing:
  • Friday Night
    1. Ares
    2. Alpha
    3. Cash Mooney
    4. Reflex
    5. Prac
    6. With CDE
    7. With CDE
      I can probably fit you guys at my house, but I put you on there for now so i don't forget.
  • Saturday Night

Attendance: Basically if you’ve been to a Gainesville tournament before (*cough* Tupelooos *cough*) or if I’ve driven way OOS to come to one of your tourneys (*cough* INNsomniacs *cough*) you BETTA BE HURR. (All of FL is obligated to come).

OOS
  1. Alpha (X2X) – isn't gonna miss the second!
  2. Ares – MADNESS?!??!?
  3. Chaddd – Doesn't have 2 names like everyone else in GA!
  4. DogySamich – Is closer than NFL
  5. GAWes (OurSaviorMarth) – Owns GA for free (HEAR THAT MIKEG???)
  6. Jmoan – Staying at my place with KO
  7. KOkingpin – Needs points for his team
  8. Menthol – THIS IS GPC!!! MFer
  9. Prac352 – Likes my area code
  10. Reflex – Pleases teh laydays with Bowser ^_^
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NFL

11. Gahtzu – will walk if he has to!
  12. Mankosuki – Pretends to be NFL XD
  13. RAM – Says he's going to all tourneys within 7 hours!
  14. Pritch – Thinks my peach is too good! lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MWFL

15. Cash Mooney – Mooneymooneymooney moooooney
  16. Derf – The Werd
  17. Exarch – The Crusher of Dreams
  18. Rohins – Plays "Nuclear War" during teams
  19. Smashplayer – Has avoided the Gville crowd till now
  20. Solitas – The Great Tournament Host
    MEFL

21. Bo! – II much upb?
  22. CapeHater – II Buff?
  23. CmRoddy – Likes getting beat by M2
  24. ColBol – II Young?
  25. Dguy – Likes winning with M2
  26. Dop – II Far South?
  27. Hiroshi – doin' da durty durty
  28. Motar – Now needs to convince Halo!
  29. Otru – II True?
  30. Rip – II Much?
  31. SheerMadness – II Good @ LXIV?
  32. Skrach – II Chill?
  33. TBP – II Low?
  34. Vericz – I'd guess about 20:1
    SWFL

35. DaShizWiz – will "try to make it"
  36. Phanna – Likes Projectiles as much as Azen
  37. QDVS – Teaches SWFL teh mindgraines
  38. Rockcrock – Counterpicks with DK???
  39. Uber Ice – The 2nd half of the deadly duo
    SEFL

40. Dooooodaaah – luvs teh church tourneyz
  41. Green Mario – It's OK you're colorblind
  42. Lambshops – Sandbags during finals
  43. Linguini – Will be there with a lot of SFL!
  44. Noucles – Doesn't enter singles--"noucling"
  45. Sasha – Who says M/F ratio is 1:1??
  46. Sighrax – True true
  47. Xif – Depends on Funds

In need of Rides:
  • AngryLobster
  • Dguy
  • theONEjanitor
Please Helps!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hey exarch, u were asking if the date change affects anyone, and unfortunately it will, skrach and I cant make it because we are gonna be in NY on the 7th, if by any chance u move the date we will be there for sure tho.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, heres to hoping everything works out :)

We can most definitely get in one place to make it easier to pick DGuy and I up as well.
yea i guess you read the message before my post but i'm gonna go ahead and call off today so i'll just need directions on how to get to where you and Dguy will be.

Oh by the way, do you guys mind leaving early in the afternoon that friday? it would make things much easier. Also, that would mean we would need housing. Exarch, I know you offered but let me know if it's too many people.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
yea i guess you read the message before my post but i'm gonna go ahead and call off today so i'll just need directions on how to get to where you and Dguy will be.

Oh by the way, do you guys mind leaving early in the afternoon that friday? it would make things much easier. Also, that would mean we would need housing. Exarch, I know you offered but let me know if it's too many people.

I don't mind leaving early myself, but it would really depend on A-L. Have to figure out if he is working or anything.

Peace.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I'm always off on friday's so i''m down with it. I just gotta let my parents know about this now, heh

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i just found out that i will b able to go to this so ill leave with TBP

since colin is already teamin with thelaw im teamless, keepspeedn r u down to run teams back?

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
well ryan, it would be a really tight squeeze if i take any more people so we could either try to fit you or you could take your car and take either collin or joe with you...

Sartori

Smash Apprentice
Live in Tallahassee, so Gainesville is a hop, skip, and a jump away. I'll be there 90% sure.

I'll probably bring a few people. My amazing Purple Sauruses team has died, my partner just doesn't play anymore. I might bring some other people who are relatively new to this kind of thing, tournament play that is.

I've been out of the game too long. Too long.

Sartori

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'll be sure to bring my GCN for you. Though I don't have any housing over there, that would be beneficial if it could be provided.

Sorry for the double post but it wouldn't save my edit for some reason or another.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Hey Wes, I wanna rematch! My ness vs your CF for $2 2/3 :p

Oh yeah, same offer goes to Chaddd's ganon :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
woo. it's official....well, about as official as it will get...

I'm coming!

so...any MMs? esp from the GA guys...<3 GA.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sounds good..I have a few new tricksies of my own.

Shall be fun...and epic now that I said "shall"...it's destined to be so.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
People from my crew, we need to figure out the ride situation. Either me, xyz, or Law is going to have to drive.

Jon's car:
Jon
A-L
dguy
colin/joe

car 2:
me
Law
xyz
colin/joe

I'm also gonna try to convince Diego's noob *** to come. He said he'd think about it if he doesn't have to drive. I really don't wanna drive unless I have to, my car is too old. Kevin or Will, either of you wanna drive? I'll pay 10$ for gas.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
raph: you're actually on it, but I can't save my edits... so you're on the updated thread which is currently in microsoft word on this computer. Rather than re-posting the information everytime i update.

Dguy: I'm always good on friendlies... just ask me while there.

My mom said she would bake us a few cakes. One less thing I have to do... and now y'all wont have to worry about taste.

We're officially over 50 attendees now.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
My new car is horrible on gas, I think im gonna sell it. But if I MUST... then I can drive.
$2 MM with spacies anyone?
come take my money. tru.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
People from my crew, we need to figure out the ride situation. Either me, xyz, or Law is going to have to drive.

Jon's car:
Jon
A-L
dguy
colin/joe

car 2:
me
Law
xyz
colin/joe

I'm also gonna try to convince Diego's noob *** to come. He said he'd think about it if he doesn't have to drive. I really don't wanna drive unless I have to, my car is too old. Kevin or Will, either of you wanna drive? I'll pay 10$ for gas.

Kevin doesn't really have his own car so I don't think he's an option. That leaves only you and will......And if you're all lazy and don't wanna drive then I can stick you all in my trunk and you'll still owe me gas money :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom