• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LTEC2:GE 7/7/7 (Southern Circuit Event 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ok, my time spent 1337 is over. It was incredible while it lasted, but Exarch is now back to posting.

IMPORTANT VENUE SPECIFICS:

6/30/7
Here's the thing with the date change. The venue it is being held at is a old flowershop owned by my church "downtown" Gainesville. The flowershop will hold about 50ish people comfortably. Therefore, if this tournament gets much larger than 50 people... well, we're gonna have another LTEC on our hands. And I would really like to be able to run this thing this time. Renting the flowershop does not cost much at all.

The other option we would have is to move it into the "parish hall" (sp) if the tournament got too big. However, the guy I am talking to at the church cannot guarentee the hall 100% like he did the flowershop. Plus the hall is about 4x more expensive.

The problem with June 30 is that the church has IHN (International Hospitality Network) happening that weekend. This basically means that the church lets some of the homeless people of Gainesville stay in it's upstairs portions over the weekend.

7/7/7
However, on July 7th, there is no ihn happening, which means it could be held upstairs in the church. This would mean that we would have PLENTY of room (more than the hall) and it costs a LOT less. It would be perfect for any tournament over 50 people.

Since this tournament is already pushing 30 people, and there's still a month and a half before it happens, I'm kinda figuring we're gonna hit over 50.

Plus 7/7/7 is a waaay cooler date.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in conclusion, it depends on when my surgery is going to be scheduled. If it's close to the 30th this is getting kicked back a week no matter what.

-Exarch out?-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I wouldn't be able to make it 7/7/7, if it's the 30th I'll be there.

Also, for those who don't know check out the official brawl site Monday they are throwing up big updates.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna see what I can do for this one. I really want to go though. If anyone is interested in giving me a ride from SEFL (Fort Lauderdale) than let me know. Also if any SEFL people need a ride, than I will be glad to drive up to 3 other people if all agree on gas money. So please let me know people. I'm available for taking people.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm down for 7/7/7, i know it will upset some people, but who knows, maybe others will come that weren't going to go. Either way, sounds like it will work out a lot better for exarch and have a much better venue, which is pretty **** important. If its the 7th of july, chaddd and i will def. be there. Love

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I honestly don't care what the date is. July is probably better if the venue will be that much improved over a week. Either way whatever date is decided upon it would be much appreciated if the date can be set as soon as possible. I need as much notification as possible to even have a shot at getting the day off from work, which is already extremely unlikely.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Hahaha Louis singed on at work and now it wont let him sign off.

This is sheer.

Need to know the date quickly so I can ask off.

VenomousNinja

Smash Rookie
If I can, I'll enter this... But I may back out depending on the date and if I can get there or not...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@exarch is there anyway possible that we get picked up from an airport? cause its one hell of a drive and neither of us have dependable cars (being that it is a 12hr drive *i think*) and Flying is much cheaper with gas prices so high.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I really need to ask off work in the next 2-3 days if i want to come to this. Preferrably tomorrow because i'm working then anyways. Seriously though, is the date change happening, i think the wait might be making a lot of people unsure =/

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
That would have sucked if it didn't turn out to be 7/7/7.

I would have had to change my sig agin.

skrach8

Smash Lord
RAM R U TALKIN **** BOUT #7. im gunna have to ***** call you out. ur annoying me.

u just got called out.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Louis Mitchell, talkin **** since 1987.

RAM

Smash Lord
NAH ***** AIN"T GONNA B NONE OF THAT ****! you're annoying me too kid.

Louis you're too much ^_^ Maybe if I find a job soon I'll blaze with you and Joe next giga. TRUDAT!

skrach8

Smash Lord
my b bro. i would have fur sure offered. i usually do. but it wasnt entirely mine. u feel me. ill hook it up the next time i see u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom