• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City- PREREG IS UP! Link in 2nd Post! July 27th-28th Grapevine, Tx

Which N64 Mario Party should we run for a side event?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Given the circumstances, it sounds like we're going to let Sethlon run 2.6 smashfests before release for you DFW folks for practice. It wouldn't be particularly fair otherwise.

Is this tournament really going to be running 2.6? What about us other out of state folks? Me and Heysuess are definitely going, and that's even less fair to us.

Oracle

Smash Master
There are back room members in az right? Go play with them! Besides, were not having that many 2.6 fests and I doubt itll be released so close to ltc that you wont get any time to practice

Burnsy

Smash Lord
There are back room members in az right? Go play with them! Besides, were not having that many 2.6 fests and I doubt itll be released so close to ltc that you wont get any time to practice

Is there any BR member other than Calabrel? He lives super far away, he rarely comes down to Phoenix where our scene gets together for smashfests.

Also the PMBR said it would be released before the end of the month. This tournament is at the end of the month. Do you really think they're going to release it early?

D

Deleted member

Oracle, are you going to DIME 3? I was wondering if you're going to bring a setup, could you bring Project M with it? I just wanna practice for LTC while I'm at the venue on the 20th.

Thanks in advance

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
This may be a silly question, but would this tournament be a small enough one to where Wiimotes would be allowed as controllers? I know with other big tournies, it's a concern with the wireless interference that Wiimotes be highly discouraged, if not banned, to make sure that all the players have a level playing field. I don't feel like this is necessarily a dealbreaker, but I also feel like I would feel better about my performance no matter how poorly I do if I were on some familiar ground, what with the tournament likely to be using the v2.6 codeset, which I will have had little to no experience with at that point.

D

Deleted member

If you bring a wiimote it won't matter whether or not its a big or small tourney. We all play on gamecube controllers so your 1 wiimote wouldn't ever get interrupted.
So yeah you can play on a wii mote and be fine.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
That's sort of the answer I expected. Pretty much everyone plays on Gamecube controllers anyway, so I didn't think there would be a problem. But still, it's better to have made sure than to show up and forget a backup if it were an issue.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Just make sure you take a battery out OR put a battery in backwards whenever you're not playing, so it doesn't come on in your pocket and mess people up or anything.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
I have two rechargable battery packs, so I can just take the pack out and into my pocket. That's the least of my worries. But yeah, I know how that works. (Perhaps unfortunately for me) I have a group of 4-6 people I play with on a regular basis, and two also use a Wiimote, some with accessories, and leaving mine on can screw them up.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Anyone from Houston riding up to this. I would be willing to pitch in for gas

That's the problem at the moment. Me, you, and a friend of mine are all willing to pitch in for gas but don't have anyone to get us there.
But even if we did, the big problem there is you are likely to make it out of pools whereas I am not.
Unless I make a huge jump in skill from now until this tourney, I'm probably not going to be there both days.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
That's the problem at the moment. Me, you, and a friend of mine are all willing to pitch in for gas but don't have anyone to get us there.
But even if we did, the big problem there is you are likely to make it out of pools whereas I am not.
Unless I make a huge jump in skill from now until this tourney, I'm probably not going to be there both days.
Hmmm..Well, it's not about making it out of pools and all that junk...It's more about the experience and having fun. I'll see if I can figure out a ride.

Oracle

Smash Master
Foolish even if you dont make it out of pools the amateur bracket will have a cash prize and you can watch exhibition matches and such on the second day.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Haha, you guys have me convinced. I'll keep looking for a ride, Strawhat, and I'll let you know if I find one.
I may not be very good at Smash but I can certainly be a threat at Mario Party.
Oracle, you're doing housing, right? I'll probably have to house with someone if I do stay for both days.
Thanks in advance for all the help and such.

D

Deleted member

Haha, if I get ****ing 30th place, I'll be impressed

I still have nightmares about Sethlon's Ike. (I bet that's not even his main in P:M he just ****ing went easy on me)

D

Deleted member

Sethlon's good with a lot the characters he plays, but yeah he doesn't play Ike lol. He plays marth.

BlinkIV

Avenger
I wouldn't hold your breath. DFW isn't even going to win this.
I'd be surprised if you even made top 4. We're literally begging you to take our money. DFW is also winning Mario Party 2, free.

I'll take any MM for Mario Party 3 though, thanks to Oracle being a fu_kplane and not hosting Mario Party 3.

D

Deleted member

So do you have to pay the venue fee twice for both days? Or just the first day?

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you guys have me convinced. I'll keep looking for a ride, Strawhat, and I'll let you know if I find one.
I may not be very good at Smash but I can certainly be a threat at Mario Party.
Oracle, you're doing housing, right? I'll probably have to house with someone if I do stay for both days.
Thanks in advance for all the help and such.
Thanks! Let me know. I'm looking for a ride as well. If I find one, I'll let you know ASAP

zman804

Smash Ace
Hey there are a few others coming from AZ (Me, Calabral, maybe K9) would any fine Texan be able to house us?

Oracle

Smash Master
Are you flying or driving? Infinity and I live 10 minutes away from the airport and between us we can probably house maybe a dozen or so people. Sethlons place is a bit further out but also much larger

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, i was driving to a friend's birthday lunch and i saw a megabus driving along the highway and thought of this thread.

D

Deleted member

If you bring a wiimote it won't matter whether or not its a big or small tourney. We all play on gamecube controllers so your 1 wiimote wouldn't ever get interrupted.
So yeah you can play on a wii mote and be fine.
Wiimotes are top tier controllers.

Hey, I get Wario for Mario Party.

kthx
I get Luigi, he wins by doing absolutely nothing.

D

Deleted member

We can bring sleeping bags and sleep at the event over night, right?
(Then I can wake everyone up with a Jigglypuff Alarm that instantly puts everyone back asleep.)

D

Deleted member

Oh, Oracle/Sethlon, I'm not sure if you already have a little 'stream emblem', but if you don't I whipped one up for you guys.
It's got a bit of fade to it and I used white and black so it should be more 'visible' on stream. I hope you use it on stream!

Link: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9075/l40.png

If you want, I can give you a more transparent version, but I'm pretty sure you can do that yourself with Xsplit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom