• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City- PREREG IS UP! Link in 2nd Post! July 27th-28th Grapevine, Tx

Which N64 Mario Party should we run for a side event?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For mario party, do we sign up ahead of time? Theres a 16 cap, so... How are we really supposed to get into this?
Keys, please don't have that horrible audio like last time. It has an annoying hiss.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'll open sign ups later this week most likely. Probably gonna be first come first serve, but i'll reseve spots for the oos people so its not just a dfw event

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'll be entering Mario Party. Otherwise, I can also provide my stream stuff if needed, assuming you guys are down for using an Avermedia LGP.

D

Deleted member

I have a cap card that does local recordings, has both audio sides, and works with a CRT. Xeven, no offense, but you have to use that hdmi monitor and had screwed up audio. (and I don't remember if you do local recordings)

Oracle

Smash Master
I'll be at this. Might can house 2 people or so as well. Can also stream if needed. Just let me know Seth/Oracle.
I need you to stream your equipment is legit. Hopefully we'll have the resources for two streams but i'm not completely sure yet.

Keys

Smash Cadet
Haha, I figured out what caused that and it has been addressed. Used to streaming in amazing internet conditions so was first time I had to mess with ****. Sorry last one didn't turn out perfect. And sure thing Oracle. Can count on me.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm gonna make this, but i have prior commitments saturday night, so i won't be free then.

however, i'm totally upping the ante: if someone besides sethlon gets first place, i'm throwing an extra $100 to their prize. beyond that, if said person isn't from the dfw area, they get ANOTHER $100.

so, if you're not from dfw, and you get first, you get another $200 on top of whatever you would win.

but, i ain't even worried.

shots fired. come take my money.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
$200 bonus if I beat sethlon?
Might be making this after all :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

**** wrong thread, I thought this was a melee thread.
**** ME.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was planning on going before this point, but um... one hundred smackers sure is additional encouragement enough fer me! Be ready, folks! This is going to be either an outstanding victory or an absolute face stomping. Two hours away and no DFW local tournament experience count as not part of the DFW scene? :3

Bounty on yer head? No pressure, Sethlon.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you're not from the dfw area, you're eligible for the full $200 bonus. unless you're like, going to school here and are just living away from the area for the summer : p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What happens if an Out of Stater gets 2nd and Sethlon gets 3rd or worse, and the only person that outplaced him is from DFW?

Oracle

Smash Master
Whomever got 1st would get $100 extra, nobody would get the other 100. You would still get the $50 oos pot bonus

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
man what kind of bounty is that
oh well i'll just get first and it'll be fine

Oracle

Smash Master
Its less of a bounty and more of a callout that the other regions are too free to take 1st

D

Deleted member

icecream, it's called low tier city because we play low tiers (and still do really well/better than other regions). Come play low tiers with us, bring the zss.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Its less of a bounty and more of a callout that the other regions are too free to take 1st
this. i think oracle may have misread my first text and then branded it as a bounty, but it's a callout. if you think you're good enough to beat us, come and show it. you should at least get your travel expenses back with just the bonuses and you can tell oracle to stfu because you beat him.

and we all know that's what you really want.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'm gonna make this, but i have prior commitments saturday night, so i won't be free then.

however, i'm totally upping the ante: if someone besides sethlon gets first place, i'm throwing an extra $100 to their prize. beyond that, if said person isn't from the dfw area, they get ANOTHER $100.

so, if you're not from dfw, and you get first, you get another $200 on top of whatever you would win.

but, i ain't even worried.

shots fired. come take my money.

I'm hungry for it.

L A

Smash Rookie
Sadly, I can't come. I'm going to California this month and coming back on the 14th of August.

D

Deleted member

I'll probably be there, the only problem would be money, but I got tons of time since this is around the end of July.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't be good enough for Project M, because if I go to this, this will be my second time playing Project M.

Hopefully there's a Bowser's Revenge 10 or something that I can attend so I can compete in that and get good practice. But hey, its like Melee right? No problem.

#leHype

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter if you think you're bad, Its a P:M natoinal and the experience will over-weigh your results EVEN IF YOU GET LAST.
Fun > Money (especially for newcomers)

D

Deleted member

Eh, you're right Zach. I'll up my game anyways by July by just practicing with Melee alone, so I'll be good enough by then. (Gotta work on them SHFFL's, y'know.) And I can find a way to get some money by then too.

But all in all, it will be a fun experience for me to go to a major tournament like this and I didn't even care about losing at BR9 (I was smiling after Oracle and Sergio ***** my brother and me in Doubles) and I was happy as **** at DIME 1.

D

Deleted member

Because I've played both games, and they are relatively the same to me, so switching from Melee to Project M won't be a problem, expect for the brawl characters, gotta study them.

And I can probably just go over Ali's house and practice too.

D

Deleted member

I do, I own both a Wii and Brawl. But, its inside a storage unit that I cannot access, so that idea is out of the question.

D

Deleted member

Meaning hes grounded from playing his wii and its probably like in his parents closet for a week lmao.

D

Deleted member

Being realistic here, I need to pay storage unit rental fee (Its where I keep most of my retro games and old Xbox 360 games) and take them out when I move out of my apt.

(Yeah, I've got moving problems right now. The storage unit is mine since I couldn't fit all the **** in my room.)

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Oh, right. As of the day of the Texas Crusade Series 7, I have a setup (That'd be the one we wheeled in and out on a cart because screw carrying that thing.) which I will be bringing to the event. I take it this lovely setup will only get a discount for me and not for my accompaniment? No harm in askin', I 'spose.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah its one discount per setup, sorry. Every bit helps so i'm very grateful, we can help you get it into/out of the venue. Having a crt that large was sick

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Well, if there's stairs involved, I'll most certainly be askin'. Because if GGER's not around, there's no way my floppy little arms can get that sucker to move vertically... or out of my truck, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom