• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City- PREREG IS UP! Link in 2nd Post! July 27th-28th Grapevine, Tx

Which N64 Mario Party should we run for a side event?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Prereg'd. Hopefully the fact that I have a few iffy on attendance players carpooling with me won't pose too much of an issue. I noted 'em just in case.

I feel as though it is time to turn down the fail and turn up the whipping out of state players that are probably much better than me
and in all likelihood
going
to
squashmeintopaste.... Huh. Well, at least I've been practicing a bit.

D

Deleted member

I don't have all the info I need at the moment but I'm gonna try really hard to make it to this.
God, all these great players coming out on the 27th

I can't wait to meet you all :D

or most of you anyways.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Oro's Hit List

1) Strawhat ???$ bo7
2) SaiXeven 20$ bo5
3) Denti 20$ ???set count
4) Strong Bad 20$ bo5 if we don't play in tourney

Who else wants their lunch money taken? Strawhat/SaiXeven/Denti lemme know how many games you wanna get whooped in and how much you wanna give me.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm not going to MM anyone, just for the simple fact that I have no money to bet.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
Setups
Bring Setups!!!! We have so many PM players in Texas that there should be zero problems with setups. Post if you have a setup here so I can start a list and confirm you for the discount. If we don't have enough setups, this'll be a long *** tournament.
Oracle- One full setup
Problemo- One full setup.
Xeven- One Full Setup
Zachattack- One Full Setup
Hamyojo- One Full Setup

Darkgun- One Full Setup
I have one full set up as well

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
My tickets have been bought and I am now pre-registered to go!
I intend to finally place somewhere significant. Hopefully 2.6 Lucario's got some interesting stuff to work with so I can surprise everyone.
I am aiming at a Doce! That's right, I intend to take all 8 of my opponent's stocks as well as all four of my partner's.

Also @ Strawhat: Aegis and I are on the 1:00PM-4:50PM bus to Dallas. If you haven't bought tickets yet it'd be great if we could go as a group.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Things are looking better and better for me to be able to make it. Now all we need is for my work to let me have the weekend off and for us to have housing. We will have at least 4 people coming maybe 5.

So is housing still open?

D

Deleted member

Why play an outdated version of the game for a national?

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
just wondering... Its only a weeks worth of practice for a new updated version and characters like link are getting buffs and other characters are getting nerfs so i wasn't sure if people were going to use a version that is familiar so everyone is playing with whats familiar or if they will be using a newer version with a few new tweaks to work out... alright then it will be 2.6 training for the week then!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Things are looking better and better for me to be able to make it. Now all we need is for my work to let me have the weekend off and for us to have housing. We will have at least 4 people coming maybe 5.

Housing is still unresolved for a bunch of carpools afaik, but between Oracle's apartment, Infinity's place, and my house, there should be plenty of room to go around.

Oracle

Smash Master

right now infinity and I are close to capacity, so you should be staying at sethlons (which makes more sense driving from the east anyways, since it its probably about an hour extra to get to my place from his)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
awesome thanks guys. This is starting to look like its gonna be a spectacular weekend. My first time in TX is a really really long time. I am really glad Oracle came into the TN thread to talk trash now.

What happens if someone beats Sethlon but manages to not win the tournament (and sethlon manages to not win as well)? Just curious.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i asked that a couple pages ago, apparently u don't get the "beat sethlon bonus" unless u also place 1st

CORY

wut
BRoomer
awesome thanks guys. This is starting to look like its gonna be a spectacular weekend. My first time in TX is a really really long time. I am really glad Oracle came into the TN thread to talk trash now.

What happens if someone beats Sethlon but manages to not win the tournament (and sethlon manages to not win as well)? Just curious.
i asked that a couple pages ago, apparently u don't get the "beat sethlon bonus" unless u also place 1st
it was never necessarily a "beat sethlon" bonus. it was always more of a "someone other than sethlon get first for once, god dammit" bonus, oracle just got super hype and made his first post about it as a bounty.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
as an addendum: if it ever comes down to a sethlon vs. the world situation, you best believe i'm cheering sethlon on. dfdubs dabess

Oracle

Smash Master
its more of a tournament bounty than an actual bounty. People have knocked sethlon into losers before, thats just when he activates x factor and becomes unstoppable

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
My tickets have been bought and I am now pre-registered to go!
I intend to finally place somewhere significant. Hopefully 2.6 Lucario's got some interesting stuff to work with so I can surprise everyone.
I am aiming at a Doce! That's right, I intend to take all 8 of my opponent's stocks as well as all four of my partner's.

Also @ Strawhat: Aegis and I are on the 1:00PM-4:50PM bus to Dallas. If you haven't bought tickets yet it'd be great if we could go as a group.
Okay, I'll try to get those tickets as soon as possible so we can travel as a group.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
holy crap you challenged strawhat? you're boned
Oro's Hit List

1) Strawhat ???$ ???set count
2) SaiXeven 20$ bo5
3) Denti 20$ ???set count
4) Strong Bad 20$ bo5 if we don't play in tourney

Who else wants their lunch money taken? Strawhat/SaiXeven/Denti lemme know how many games you wanna get whooped in and how much you wanna give me.
BO7 ALL ON ONETT WITH BLINDFOLDS ON...No, but in all seriousness, bo7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YX1NwHPqE

Oracle

Smash Master
Only a handful of people are gonna be allowed to commentate, gotta keep it semi professional, sorry :(

Speaking of exhibition matches, since there hasn't really been that much hype for mm's other than me and sb (and he wants to wait until the tournament is over till we play >.>), I'm thinking we could do crews instead. We have enough oos interest for 5-6 crews (dfw, az, atlantic south, midwest, texas b team?), and probably just enough time to run a small single elim tournament at the end of saturday. Would any of you be interested in doing that rather than money matches?

D

Deleted member

I'm not interested in crews because I'm most likely not in it.
Also you requested me to stream instead of record on DBDI, are you still wanting me to as of right now?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna try to get there first before everyone fills up the Mario Party Entry Cap.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't wait to watch all the mario party salt looool

EDIT: Jolteon you should go to this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom