• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if next week's is a teams tourney?

I left after I lost to some kid that spammed pikachu's B attack like a solid 60 times.

wangston

Smash Lord
Next weeks is a regular tourney. This week results were as follows

1. Tactical: Lucario
2. Mario/Rowan : Peach/ROB
3. Taylor/wangston: Falco/Falcon
4. Krawly(sp) : Pikachu/Iceclimbers
5. Grayson: Snake/Lucas
6.Will/Harbinger631: Pika/Bowser
7. Travis/Travis4687: Lucas/Marth
8. Nolan: Peach/Pit
I would like to thank everyone for the amazing Louisville smash scene. I'm going to Utah for college so today was my last tourney. It was a milestone for me because my 3rd place finish made my total winnings $100 this summer. I have yet to get first in a tournament but I have gotten many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishes. Once again thanks everyone for making the Louisville smash scene what it is today, awesome.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I'll bump it up a little if we need to.

Also, it wasn't Cr4sh who got 8th, he got 10th and I was 9th, My Kirby> My Marth? D:

9. Hoboz: Kirby/KDDD
10. Cr4sh: Luigi/G&W
Just for anyone who cares about us two D:

Anyone here remember who 8th was, I don't remember.

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
I'll bump it up a little if we need to.
No I meant, how are we gonna keep the 1st post updated with when the next events are and if something special is being cooked up, like a Random-only tournament, We need it to be on the 1st page of the thread.

Sorta like wangston always edits the 1st page with the updated Tournament day and time, With him going away, we wont have anyway of doing it, And im sure he doesnt wanna waste his time constantly keeping it updated..

Is there anyway he can hand the thread over to another user, Im not sure if the vBulletin software can do this.. We may have to make another thread. :mad:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
No I meant, how are we gonna keep the 1st post updated with when the next events are and if something special is being cooked up, like a Random-only tournament, We need it to be on the 1st page of the thread.

Sorta like wangston always edits the 1st page with the updated Tournament day and time, With him going away, we wont have anyway of doing it, And im sure he doesnt wanna waste his time constantly keeping it updated..

Is there anyway he can hand the thread over to another user, Im not sure if the vBulletin software can do this.. We may have to make another thread. :mad:
Well, yea, another thread it is : P

Don't worry about it, we just need to ask someone besides me who's willing to make the thread.(I'll never update on time : P)

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
I guess we need someone who's there every single time, Like tactical, but is he even on here?

I would volunteer, but Im missing the tourney week after labor day weekend, for a motorcycle class

wangston

Smash Lord
I think tactical comes here to smashboards but I don't know if he post here. But thats would be the best person to do it. Here is there every week and he stays for the whole tournament and always talks to the guy who host it so he can keep everyone updated. Once some one gets the new topic I will close this one. Just copy and paste everything I have here and just update the dates and times.

wangston

Smash Lord
So for those who stayed the whole tournament what did you guys think of my Captain Falcon? For those of you who didn't stay ask Rowan what his Peach thinks of my Falcon hahhahahahaha. SHOW ME YA MOVES!!!!

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
So for those who stayed the whole tournament what did you guys think of my Captain Falcon? For those of you who didn't stay ask Rowan what his Peach thinks of my Falcon hahhahahahaha. SHOW ME YA MOVES!!!!
I was very surprised face. : O

I was like "Wut he trying to do? Lose?" and then the Falcon PUNWCH! And he wins one a round, very surprised face.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Wow, thanks guys these tournaments have been too much fun. I've gotten a lot better at this game as I've gotten farther each and every tournament. Special thanks and shoutouts to:

Grayson: Awesome matches, both friendlys and tournaments. Remember that you can use smash attacks when you're not playing Snake lol. pkfirepkfirepkfire.

Taylor: You're the reason I found these tournaments, thanks for running the thread. And thanks also for helping me to realize that I'm actually NOT good with Bowser.

Mario: When did Peach get so good? Fun matches, thanks for knocking me out.

Tactical: Thanks for being awesome and helping to run the tournament. Next time I hope I can play you in a tournament match. Keep winning and stop tripping into RPGs.

Hoboz: Rainbow cruise is a scary counterpick. Learn how to DI out of dsmash and it'll be much tougher next time, but I should have some new tricks too. Fun, intense matches.

If these things are still going on in December, I'll be there. Spotdodge dsmash dsmash neutral b X20 Thunder PIKAAAAA!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol that was probably the highlight of the tournament, for me at least. never expected a falcon to do that well against mario's peach...you should defnintely keep him as your secondary when you return.

oh, and about the thread, what about mario? he seems to be there at just about all of the tournaments, and the ones he doesnt make it to, someone reliable like tactical or hoboz could send him the top eight. i dunno, he just probably seems like the best candidate for it. tactical would probably work better, since he talks to the judge more, but i dont even think he's posted in this thread....

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
lol that was probably the highlight of the tournament, for me at least. never expected a falcon to do that well against mario's peach...you should defnintely keep him as your secondary when you return.

oh, and about the thread, what about mario? he seems to be there at just about all of the tournaments, and the ones he doesnt make it to, someone reliable like tactical or Hoboz could send him the top eight. i dunno, he just probably seems like the best candidate for it. tactical would probably work better, since he talks to the judge more, but i dont even think he's posted in this thread....
And then the gods shine light on me! : D
But yea, agreed, Rowan/Mario for next topic manager.

Oh and thanks Harbinger : P I've figured it out, no thanks to the Internet >_> (So unreliable lolz) So going to play more at these tournaments, I need more 1 on 1 friendlies though, I'm set in stone on making King Dedede a third main, but I haven't had the human experience to use him right. (no one is around for me ;-; )

Kind of sucks though how my only kill on Rowan was with Dedede, which I only trained for an hour D:

wangston

Smash Lord
Sorry I didn't go, I really didn't feel like playing Brawl today.
No johns. You just knew I was going to beat you hahhaha.

Yeah the CF kinda threw me by surprised lol. :p
Yeah, I figured it would. No one plays Falcon for serious. It was highly unlikely that you would know how to fight a Falcon, especially on that knows how to play, so that's why I picked him. Yeah that was for sure the highlight of the tourney for me, finally being able to beat Mario's Peach. But then he pulled out that wall of priority and long range known as ROB so my Falcon was toast.

wangston

Smash Lord
There should be people there because there is a tourney this saturday.

Also some one needs to talk to tactical about making a thread on here. I can't really keep people update on the tournament if I'm in Utah. Once tactical or anyone else makes the new thread I can close this one. Good luck to everyone and the tournament this week. You know longer need to worry about getting chain grabbed and spiked ;)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so jiano, are you going to be bringing a cube this time around? last week people kept asking if there was going to be melee but you didnt show up and no one brought a cube.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How the mighty have fallen, Jiano. How the mighty have fallen.

Pick up Brawl for realz and start travelin' yo!

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is not sustainable Overswarm. They butchered the game so they could put it online and it didnt work, SuperSmashBros Brawl was dead on arrival Overswarm. Brawl was like the ******** younger stepchild of melee, its got a large following but i can clearly see that very few will be playing it years down the road Overswarm,

Really tho no offense to anyone but brawl isnt fun

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
Brawl is not sustainable Overswarm. They butchered the game so they could put it online and it didnt work, SuperSmashBros Brawl was dead on arrival Overswarm. Brawl was like the ******** younger stepchild of melee, its got a large following but i can clearly see that very few will be playing it years down the road Overswarm,

Really tho no offense to anyone but brawl isnt fun

I think the 20+ regulars that show up to the weekly event would say otherwise. I think Melee is weaksauce personally and Wouldn't play it even if brawl suddenly dissapeared one day

wangston

Smash Lord
What were the results this week? Is some one going to take over this thread??? Is there another tourney next week???

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I know I placed but I didn't see the board...I would take the thread since I always check SmashBoards daily but yea, if I have to leave when I lose everytime. (Moms...) then I won't be able give placings, that and others would just disagree on me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
tactical told me that he's going to take over the thread, though it doesnt seem he's done so yet. As for placements, all i know are the top five

1. Jiano/Daniel: Snake
2. Tactical: Lucario
3. calic: pikachu/ice climbers
4. Paladin: metaknight
5. Luke: kirby

the judge never told me where i placed, he just said i was either 7th 8th or 9th...so i dont know anything beyond 5th.

wangston

Smash Lord
tactical told me that he's going to take over the thread, though it doesnt seem he's done so yet. As for placements, all i know are the top five

1. Jiano/Daniel: Snake
2. Tactical: Lucario
3. calic: pikachu/ice climbers
4. Paladin: metaknight
5. Luke: kirby

the judge never told me where i placed, he just said i was either 7th 8th or 9th...so i dont know anything beyond 5th.
It's good to see Paladin is back I think he is a very skilled meta and I don't like playing him because he is good. I see Rowan isn't in the top did he not show up? Luke 5th??? I thought he went off to college, maybe this is a different Luke. Tactical just needs to copy and paste the first post and keep the title the same and he is good to go. Let me know when he makes the new topic.

Also is there a tourney next week? I need to know so I can update the title and the first post.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, rowan didnt show up. and there's going to be one next week. however, on the last weekend of september there wont be one. otherwise it's still weekly. and by luke, i meant "mach5" he name IS luke, right...?

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah, rowan didnt show up. and there's going to be one next week. however, on the last weekend of september there wont be one. otherwise it's still weekly. and by luke, i meant "mach5" he name IS luke, right...?
Yeah that's the same Luke. He told me he was going to college last week he left on the 23th to Tulane. That dirty liar. I guess he flew back in and now he is flying back out. Or he hates all his friends and he told them he was leaving early :(

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
There is a very good chance I'll be there tomorrow, along with KOkingpin, 2 people from Vanderbilt, and (hopefully) Milln.

Beware the middle TN crowd!

And if you want to play a game with SPIRIT and BURNING PASSION, Jiano, I'd love to play you in some Melee. Ever since you ***** me in pools at INN5 I've wanted a rematch! :p

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
/poke

The lack of posts made this week is alarming. Is anyone going?

Ugh. I hope we're not making this trip for nothing.

wangston

Smash Lord
So how did the tournament go this week. I'm guessing top 3 are Jiano Rowan and Tactical hahhaha. Let me know if there is a tournament next week and if there is any new info about the upcoming tournaments or an update in the rules.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So how did the tournament go this week. I'm guessing top 3 are Jiano Rowan and Tactical hahhaha. Let me know if there is a tournament next week and if there is any new info about the upcoming tournaments or an update in the rules.
close, close, but tactical actually didnt make top 4 this time...
here's what i know

1. Jiano
2. Rowan
3. Paladin
4. Calic
5. Hilt
6. Tactical
(I probably would've had to fight tactical for 5th, had he not left early)

again, i still dont know the whole top 8...and actually I MAY be wrong about the top two, Rowan MAY have won, but they both left pretty soon after the tournament, so i didnt ask questions. So if i'm wrong, someone correct me. i'm pretty sure nolan made 7 or 8, though i'm not sure. There IS going to be one next week, and it's possible that the judge may end up taking out the "two-character-limitation" rule and after you play your main, you can switch to anyone. And there's talk of a new stage legality list. I'll be sure to ask the judge for the top 8 next week since no one else seems to....

There was actually a pretty small turnout, 17 people, and the prize for first was only $35...so yeah....

i'm not sure if tactical is going to take over this thread or not. He told me he would, last week but.... it's pretty obvious he hasnt yet. And I didnt get to talk to him too much today so i didnt ask him. So I guess you'll have to take care of the thread until someone else is decided to do it...

Top Bottom