• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
Good Job guys. Jiano wins again lol.

EDIT:

Yes, I DO have the equipment to record matches but it's only via at my house on my computer. There will need to be a computer (or a labtop maybe?) in order for me to record.
I don't mind bringing my macbook to the 16th, but that is the last one before college for me.

wangston

Smash Lord
Speaking of quitting brawl I think I'm going to quit as well. Quit online brawl that is. Nintendo did a piss poor job on their online, they don't keep track of stats or anything but I don't care about that. I want to play the game online and I want it to be just as good as if I was playing offline. I'm so tired of lag, the small amounts of lag piss me off the most. It's absolute *** that Nintendo thinks they can just half *** online play and the fans will be happy because they are keeping the kids and the casual gamers safe. As if tripping wasn't a big enough insult to the game nintendo had to throw in their god awful wifi/fc piece of ****. It's like going to a strip club and no one gets naked, it's just one **** big tease.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
At least in person Brawl is crazy fun (for me at least, I know a ton of melee vets disagree).

neji32

Smash Lord
Speaking of quitting brawl I think I'm going to quit as well. Quit online brawl that is. Nintendo did a piss poor job on their online, they don't keep track of stats or anything but I don't care about that. I want to play the game online and I want it to be just as good as if I was playing offline. I'm so tired of lag, the small amounts of lag piss me off the most. It's absolute *** that Nintendo thinks they can just half *** online play and the fans will be happy because they are keeping the kids and the casual gamers safe. As if tripping wasn't a big enough insult to the game nintendo had to throw in their god awful wifi/fc piece of ****. It's like going to a strip club and no one gets naked, it's just one **** big tease.
Hey, don't blame nintendo, its sakurais fault >_< If you play other wifi games like MOH or Battalion wars, theres no lag at all. Its brawl not nintendo
Harbinger, you better practice your pika for next time. I got a new pika tech thats hard and works on mid weights and up. At low percent, Dthrow to toadstool to QAL. Its fun. But hard. try to watch some anther vids for other combos. Or a guide(if you haven't already)

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
>=< (thats my combo Spec) But yeah as far as wifi goes im not liking it. But Ima play for fun or practice. But offline is the ****. I actually pulled off some combos too. And yeah I remember you Arbys u did good too.

wangston

Smash Lord
Combos exist but they are only a few hits and nothing looks nearly as flashy as melee does. Jiano is WOW it melee. Who cares about Magic. What a dumb card game. We need are weekly tournament, it's supposed to be weekly not biweekly like it has become. **** Magic

neji32

Smash Lord
Actually, if you think about it, because of the less stun time, it takes more skill to do brawl combos.
Though( CF) Dthrow>Uair>Uair>Fair>Fair looks flashy, its not like the opponent could of stopped it. They cant do anything most (MOST) times in the air so a 2nd and 3rd attack is a given. Like how jiano used DK and Uthrow>Uair>Uair. It was a combo, but it doesnt require practice because of the stun rate. But in brawl, you must basically trick/force your opponent into getting hit by things which takes thinking. Dsmash>QAC>thunder isnt a given but it works well because most times it forces your opoonent to DI toward you(even if there far away) and once they DI a little towards you, its over. Personally i think Fair>Utilt>Uair>Fair>Dsmash>QAC>Thunder is one of the most flashy combos in both brawl and melee

EDIT: I thought card games were over >_< people still play em?

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Yea that gayass magic to gathering. Omg we should storm in and rip up/burn their cards then start playing brawl.lmao

neji32

Smash Lord
I got over melee when brawl came out. Thats why its a dissapointment to see everyone hate on brawl

Alot of people like melee cause they think they are good at it. I bet half of them arent. They think just cause they can do techs they have skill. But thata not true=( I wish theyd play a pro so they could shut up.

EDIT: IMO it wasnt that hard to cone back in melee. Not saying he didn't do good cause he did. Better than I could

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
neji32 said:
I got over melee when brawl came out. Thats why its a dissapointment to see everyone hate on brawl
After playing melee competitively for years, Brawl was like a slap in the face. They removed **** near everything that made Melee good, and added stupid **** like tripping and toad stool jumps. It's not just the combos or hit stun, it was the removal of options and depth that made people hate on Brawl.

neji32 said:
Alot of people like melee cause they think they are good at it. I bet half of them arent. They think just cause they can do techs they have skill. But thata not true=( I wish theyd play a pro so they could shut up.
A lot of people hate melee because they aren't good at it, funny how it works both ways. It is true that a lot of people thought they were good because they had tech skill. I can't even begin to count how many super flashy foxes I've 3 stocked in the melee days.

neji32

Smash Lord
After playing melee competitively for years, Brawl was like a slap in the face. They removed **** near everything that made Melee good, and added stupid **** like tripping and toad stool jumps. It's not just the combos or hit stun, it was the removal of options and depth that made people hate on Brawl.

A lot of people hate melee because they aren't good at it, funny how it works both ways. It is true that a lot of people thought they were good because they had tech skill. I can't even begin to count how many super flashy foxes I've 3 stocked in the melee days.
lol 3 stocked a fox. That does take skill. But, brawl is a different game. Just like ssb64 was changed to melee and things were taken out. Melee was changed to brawl and things were taken out. If SSb4 comes out itd be different than all 3. People will just have to learn to except it =/

neji32

Smash Lord
Well, the thing is, I enjoy playing SSB64 and Melee, but don't enjoy Brawl. I'm sure that's how a lot of people feel. Just because it's the new game doesn't mean people should accept it. Eh, you either like a game or don't, I guess.
-facepalm- you missed the point.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179408&page=18

No dice.

But it is possible for me to go to one of these things in the future. What is the turnout like?
Of the 4 times I went there was always over 22 people; The most being 39 people. During my times at first place I got $60-90 depending on the outcome. Jiano probably won $100+ the both times he won since there were alot of people participating. Last week's tourney was 29 people.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Roan, do you want me to bring my Macbook to the 16th to record videos?
If it has windows movie maker AND the TO (Tournament orginizer) allows us to do it sure. (I guess). They have steel bars around their WII's so set up could make it difficult.

P.S: You say "Macbook" so Im guessing its a macintosh labtop. Im not sure If my DVD Recorder could run on a mac but It doesn't hurt to try.

neji32

Smash Lord
If it has windows movie maker AND the TO (Tournament orginizer) allows us to do it sure. (I guess). They have steel bars around their WII's so set up could make it difficult.

P.S: You say "Macbook" so Im guessing its a macintosh labtop. Im not sure If my DVD Recorder could run on a mac but It doesn't hurt to try.
I'll bring mine just in case

lmao "steel bars'

wangston

Smash Lord
The last time they had a doubles tournament there were about 10 people who showed up. So the TO is hesitant on another doubles tournament. I'm sure if we talked to him and we had more than 10 people commit to a doubles tournament he would host one.

wangston

Smash Lord
The lack of other setups and a time constraint is going to prevent having both singles and doubles. Saturday at 6:00 S2D host more magic crap. **** MAGIC

wangston

Smash Lord
8/16/08 Louisville KY Something2Do WEEKLY tournament. START TIME 12:00

Yes there is one this saturday. Jiano, are you going?

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
It's just Brawl. Can I play at Something2do whenever, none of my friends have Brawl and I need to practice.

Also, I noticed that they had 4 TVs, but devoted one set-up to SC:4 last time. Can they do 4 set-ups to speed things up, or do they only have 3 Wiis? If they only have 3, would someone be willing to lend theirs for the tourney?

Will someone be recording?

Top Bottom