• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I'm interested in coming just to meet up with some people, but my work schedule might not allow me to enter into the tourney. Is it possible I could just drop by, watch a few matches and maybe play a few friendlies, without registering/paying 5 bucks? I'm a cheap *** haha.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'm interested in coming just to meet up with some people, but my work schedule might not allow me to enter into the tourney. Is it possible I could just drop by, watch a few matches and maybe play a few friendlies, without registering/paying 5 bucks? I'm a cheap *** haha.
You can, but it can get REALLY crowded in the small back room that is provided

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah if you want to watch some matches that would be fine. If you wanted some friendlies that is a big maybe. During rounds of the tournament the host has to make the next round so people play friendlies but with 30+ people you have to jump on an open wii asap.

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'm going to be able to make this next one, booooo hisssss!!! I'm going to try but I've got stuff to do thurs, fri, and sat I'm going to try to leave early on Saturday so I can make it to the tournament. This is the one highlights of my summer and I really don't want to miss a single tournament. Rowan, Powda, Gorgapor, and Jiano are you guys going to be there?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I havent come before, but i'm comming with 4 of my friends. Hopefully there's a large turnout like there was last week.

wangston

Smash Lord
Who won todays tournament? When I left Rowan was undefeated and waiting for the losers bracket to finish up. Jiano, Gorgopor, Tactical, and some G&W were left I think. Did Jiano come back and win after I beat him or did Rowan's amazing peach hold on and win or maybe one of the other people left won it? Jiano I'm sorry I didn't stay and play melee I was so pissed that I lost to some scrub G&W I just had to leave. I don't mind losing to a good technically sound player but when I lose to a flipping turtle and the down smash of **** I tend to get a little pissed. Which is why we should be able to counter pick characters, brawl relies more on match ups than on tiers, if you have a bad match up you're screwed. I will even admit it right now Falco owns anyone he can chaingrab/spike and that makes it a bad match up for those characters so people should be allowed to counterpick characters. I will be there next week so we can play melee then, but there is no way I will play you in a money match haha you're to good.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Who won todays tournament? When I left Rowan was undefeated and waiting for the losers bracket to finish up. Jiano, Gorgopor, Tactical, and some G&W were left I think. Did Jiano come back and win after I beat him or did Rowan's amazing peach hold on and win or maybe one of the other people left won it? Jiano I'm sorry I didn't stay and play melee I was so pissed that I lost to some scrub G&W I just had to leave. I don't mind losing to a good technically sound player but when I lose to a flipping turtle and the down smash of **** I tend to get a little pissed. Which is why we should be able to counter pick characters, brawl relies more on match ups than on tiers, if you have a bad match up you're screwed. I will even admit it right now Falco owns anyone he can chaingrab/spike and that makes it a bad match up for those characters so people should be allowed to counterpick characters. I will be there next week so we can play melee then, but there is no way I will play you in a money match haha you're to good.
1st: Rowan / Peach
2nd: Kyari / Pikachu
3rd: Jiano / Snake?
4th: ??????

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
**** Peach! Good **** Draik! I want you to come up with me and my crew of 5 to Viperboy's tournament on the 26th if you can http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178221

I would be happy to give you a ride. I want to see you turn some heads there because I know you would.
I've looked at a google map and it's really not that far. If a greyhound fare REALLY is only $33 from here to Indianapolis there's a fairly good chance I'll be able to go (provided I get my mothers consent.)

And top 8 were (IIRC...):
1: Peach
2: Pikachu
3: Snake
4: Game and Watch
5: Falco
6: R.O.B
7: Snake
8: Pit

wangston

Smash Lord
I didn't get to play the pika guy I wanted to cause he looked really good. I had no idea pika had a chain throw, he is already sick enough with his d-smash and thunder moves. Congrats on the first place Rowan your Peach is so **** good.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Pikachu's d-smash can be DI'ed out of. Just DI upward. :p I was abusing the fact that you guys did not know how to escape it (only my two friends did), but it can be escaped so that Pikachu has no setup for Thunder.

I'm OK, hoping to get a lot better by going to all these tournaments that I have planned for the next 3 months :p. I have about 4 more tournaments across the midwest by the middle of september XD.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hey, just thought I'd throw in my two cents! I was there on saturday playing luigi, lost the only two matches I played, but I took them both to the third game :). You can definetly expect to see me back, probably every week.

Considering w00tz just closed, I'm desparately seeking ways to occupy my time lol. I basically lived there. And not having a wii of my own, I have to find other places to play.

See you next week.

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
I need some help convincing Wangston to have a tournament at his basement that allows counterpicking characters. He has a huge HD tv and I know we could get some extra TVs and I don't mind bringing my Wii. So if you would like a tournament that allows counterpicks and does not have Hanenbow on the counterpick stage list, then help me convince Wangston to hold a tournament at his house.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
People play smash in KY? my grandma lives in KY and i never heard of anyone playing smash when im down there in like game shops no one likes smash, only halo.. also i would go but i suck at brawl.. melee would be worth it though.

wangston

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind hosting a smashfest at my place but I wouldn't host a tourney I don't want to take peoples money. Besides smashfest means more smash to play.

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
How is hosting the tournament and winning any different from being in a tournament at STD and winning? And that is if you were to beat Roan's peach, which you have yet to do.
I just want a tournament with counterpicks.

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't have to beat Rowan's peach, Jiano can do that for me. I just have to hope that in the tourney I'm on one side and Tactical, Rowan, and Jiano are on the other side. Just because I'm 1-6 against Rowan doesn't mean I can't beat him one of these weeks. Besides when money is on the line people get serious and I don't want people breaking things in my house.

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
Yeah I think at the next one, if all of us go up to him and explain how the rules are supposed to be for other tournaments, I think he will listen. But I can't go to the tourny this Saturday.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Looks like I'm going to this one guys! Some extenuating circumstances have arisen, and despite my hairdresser ****ing up my hair pretty badly, I'm going to make my appearance once more and rep good ol' Pikachu :D.

wangston

Smash Lord
Nice Kyari, your pika looked really good and I wanted to play him. I hope we meet up in the tourney this week if not we should play a friendly.

I'm kind of worried that there won't be to many people showing up to this tourney because a number of people weren't at the one last week so I don't think that many people know that it switched to a weekly tournament.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hello, to anyone in the louisville area, I thought this would be the place to get your attention. Tonight is VGL at the kentucky center for the arts. The good folks from w00tz are hosting events/tourneys/entertainment before and after the concert, and I can only assume they'll be throwing an impromptu tourny, considering they asked if they could hold on to my GC controllers tonight. I'll be there the whole time with my "little brother". On top of smash there will surely be plenty of other games to play, including a GH3 tourny. The winner of guitar hero will be on stage playing a number with the orchestra!

So come on down if you like video game music, want to play some smash (and put me to shame =) ) or if you just want to see the good folks from w00tz one last time. Come bring your skills, and if you think you can win that GH tourny (lol, I doubt anyone will touch FaTboy, except maybe coldkilla or tom if he's there) Show up and put up!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's too bad I don't know anyone in Louisville anymore, or else I'd come down for a weekend. My buddy moved away last year, so I never have a reason to drive 5 hours down there anymore.

But if you all want to come UP 5 hours, hit up smash and coffee. Kyari will be there repping Pikachu, as always :)

wangston

Smash Lord
So nice of you to skip this one Jiano. Speculation was that you were chicken(lol I kid). There wasn't a single snake at the tournament, we were all shocked. Further more I was shocked at my terrible performance. I was out after my first two matches. Meta Knight followed by the Ice Climbers grabs of ****. But due mostly to a break down of my mental game and the ability to control my character because of me illusioning off the edge literally 2 seconds into my first game. Then at the end first game against the ice climbers I once again tried to shot some lasers and ended up killing myself with illusion. I WILL GO ON AND NO JOHNS MYSELF *cries* Ohhh well maybe next tourney I will regain composer and be able to play. Winners this week were

1. Rowan Peach
2. ???? G&W
3. Kyari Pikachu
4. Luke Kirby
5. Tactical Lucario

I'm not sure who was after that I know there was another G&W and maybe a marth. But now that we can have a main and an alt things are going to be far more interesting, people are going to be playing to their 3rd game much more often now.

wangston

Smash Lord
There isn't one next week there is a Magic tournament. The new card decks came out or something like that. So the next on isn't until 08/02/08. But you should go, the tournament deserves a better class of Snake and you're going to give it to them. TDK FTW!!!

Noveno

Smash Rookie
But due mostly to a break down of my mental game and the ability to control my character because of me illusioning off the edge literally 2 seconds into my first game. .
I saw that. Everyone was awwwing when it happened. Pretty bad luck.

Oh and I was the other G&W(red and went by JOKER)

Got crushed by Rowan and Luke. Looking forward to the next one though, counterpicks will make things very very interesting.

Top Bottom