• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Sad to see no Snakes this week, and the Marth mirror matches round after the other hurt..cause that made me the only one to his the top half of the brackets. I didn't have much luck this time in terms of players I faced :p, I didn't want to crush Chad on round 3 (normal Kirby, I felt horrible since he didn't have the game nor was he that good, and since I got a flawless victory on him :/), nor did I want to knock out a brother Marth.

After yesterday I can still say Metaknight is the bane of my existence... :/ Oh well though, next time with Counterpicks I should have a problem anymore with faster characters. Since I got home I started training a R.O.B. like mad against an online Meta I know.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
So nice of you to skip this one Jiano. Speculation was that you were chicken(lol I kid). There wasn't a single snake at the tournament, we were all shocked. Further more I was shocked at my terrible performance. I was out after my first two matches. Meta Knight followed by the Ice Climbers grabs of ****. But due mostly to a break down of my mental game and the ability to control my character because of me illusioning off the edge literally 2 seconds into my first game. Then at the end first game against the ice climbers I once again tried to shot some lasers and ended up killing myself with illusion. I WILL GO ON AND NO JOHNS MYSELF *cries* Ohhh well maybe next tourney I will regain composer and be able to play. Winners this week were

1. Rowan Peach
2. ???? G&W
3. Kyari Pikachu
4. Luke Kirby
5. Tactical Lucario

I'm not sure who was after that I know there was another G&W and maybe a marth. But now that we can have a main and an alt things are going to be far more interesting, people are going to be playing to their 3rd game much more often now.
I seriously need the top 8 so I can post these on Ankoku's Character rankings thread.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
We were uneven at Round 5.

There were 11 people.

Cause of this we weren't able to get a list of 8.
Maybe next time we'll talk to the guy about top 8, incase of uneven numbers again.

What I can say the other 6 are.

Me- Marth
Joker- G&W
Paladin- Metaknight

Uhh... doh! >< I don't remember the other 3. Probably the ones would were getting their arse kicked at the same time as me.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I asked the TO and he said that there were 22 Participants that day. He even had the list of the top 8 but I forgot who placed them. Tactical ended up taking the list with him that day.

wangston

Smash Lord
Rowan it is it my understanding that you have the equipment to record games. If it isn't to much trouble to bring you should record some of the matches like the finals and the losers finals.

wangston

Smash Lord
We could do a melee tourney there. They have one extra tv that the host hooks up what ever he feels like to it, he would have no problem if some one brought there own cube and melee. It would have to be a little side tourney that one of us were in charge of. The host said the main event will always be brawl but we are more than welcome to use the 4th tv for what ever. One set up for melee isn't much but it is still more than none.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, people in Louisville actually play Smash? I really want to come to this, but I don't know if I have a stupid MCAT prep class or not...

neji32

Smash Lord
What about rules against spaming, camping and Chain Grabing?

What characters are usually there. I want to bring my main but I dont want to be cp abused. Pikas a definate for me. Better watch out, even anther said my pikas good =D I almost won the pika ditto.

wangston

Smash Lord
Nothing is banned from this tournament, what ever it takes to win. You have one main character and one alt character so use an alt that beats all your cp for your main.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
OMG First Big KY tournament! YES! but im afraid to bring out my falco......im gonna go find a quick counter pick 4 snake and peach cause they seem to come out on top

Hands off my bread

sup neji u got my ride right?

wangston

Smash Lord
The stage list is valid. However we (the players) are going to discuss the stage list for the next tournament and maybe add some stages and take of some stages. Luigi's Mansion will for sure be added to the cp list . Majority vote will win for adding and taking off stages. I'm going to nominate Hanenbow and Castel Siege to be taken off. Hanebow cause it just plain sucks. Castle Siege because the second all the ledges are gimptastic.

Light_13 you should bring out your falco, I'm the only one that does decent with falco the other falco's that have shown up in the past are meh. Ohhhhh and that Peach will **** you hard, no matter who you are, the only person Rowan's peach has lost a match to is Jiano's Snake.

wangston

Smash Lord
Is this **** actually going down this weekend?

I may come with melee for the extra tv.
Hell yes it's going down. Jiano please bring your cube and melee for the extra tv. I really want to see your CF on melee. Please wake up and go, sleep is overrated.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
mmmmm i guess but i think i can take peach. Hell! i think id own that peach(not really) but yeah ill do him and ike/MK.

wangston

Smash Lord
mmmmm i guess but i think i can take peach. Hell! i think id own that peach(not really) but yeah ill do him and ike/MK.
Unless you have experience fighting a GOOD peach like rowans he is going to tear you a new one. No offense to you but he is really good. I've played him in 7 matches, of those 7 I have won one match. I also know Kyari's pika has won a few games off him but never a match. Don't write off peach until you have played a really good one like Rowan aka DraikRoan.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
DarkPeach iz the only goodone i played. me and him r kinda tied he has a little over me

wangston

Smash Lord
Ohhhh you've played Drakpeach then you should have a good match with Rowan. I can't wait to see you're match with him, it will be good. I wouldn't mind playing a falco ditto match but they're not that fun chaingrab ftw.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Goody, I can go this. Looks like I'm pretty outclassed, but it still should be a ton of fun.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
yeah I h8 falco dits too. But yeah ima try that peach and we can ditto too. As far as CG goes....meh its alright u do Cg once and ill do it three times back. dats my rule.
:

j/k

wangston

Smash Lord
I actually feared the peach till you said it was darkpch standards. Link and pika FTW.
I've never played Darkpch but I just know he mains peach and he contributes tons to the peach board so I figured he as to be good. Just don't do what I did the first time Rowan showed up, I thought to myself "LOL peach, is just going to hand the match away." He wouldn't have won the past two tournaments unless he was really good. So I'm just saying keep your guard up.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Good Job guys. Jiano wins again lol.

EDIT:

Rowan it is it my understanding that you have the equipment to record games. If it isn't to much trouble to bring you should record some of the matches like the finals and the losers finals.
Yes, I DO have the equipment to record matches but it's only via at my house on my computer. There will need to be a computer (or a labtop maybe?) in order for me to record.

neji32

Smash Lord
6th place!!!!
ugh, I'm going to beat that snake next time. So many nades!!
And roan, I'm using link in our match against peach next time.
>=D im winning next next week. I'm going to fight dark pch alot now. I'm confident in link

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I did baaad, but this was my first tournament, and I got exhausted since I woke up at 4AM to see my parents off for their 2 week anniversary trip.

Excuses aside, there were a bunch of good players there. I'll have to find someone with a Wii so I can practice my QAC for the next one and play more than 3 matches...

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
You must be the pika I fought 1st round. You did pretty good. Just learn a little tech and u should do good.

As for Rowan.....I regret saving you at Brinstar, at first i was like ah wth he jus got back from using melee peach. But I got you next time.(Even with that mistake I think the outcome wouldve been the same GG.)

And then there waz that suicidle kamikaze crazy kirby. He cost me the whole tourney, I waz like wtf he's not taking my lazer powers...........................oh shiiIIIITTTT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
O.O
_

wangston

Smash Lord
-sigh- I still cant beleive I got beat by a snake who can't boost smash =(
Jiano can boost smash he just doesn't spam it, the only time I see him use it is when he knocks some one of the edge and he slides and fully charges the mortars. Jiano snake is calm and just stays back and throws perfectly cooked nades. Congrats on another win Jiano, you were just lucky you didn't play me again ;) HOLY **** your skills at melee are god like. Even if I was playing at my prime on melee I think you would two stock me at least.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
-sigh- I still cant beleive I got beat by a snake who can't boost smash =(
I never really saw the boost smash to be that effective in snake's gameplay. He seems to work MUCH better while on the defense, controlling the stage, like jiano does.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Ithink you were willing enough to take me with you. But dont worry next time I got a little trick for you. But till then gg

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
I was boost smashing or whatever you guys are calling it now a days back in like February, yeah I know how to do it, I was using it so I don't know why you didn't notice.

Good games everyone, hopefully I'll be at the next one.

Also, play more Melee.

neji32

Smash Lord
You only boost smashed when you hit me making it a DAC which isnt effective with snake.
Don't worry, I'll be coming with my snake next time >=D
GG's everyone.
Ima QAL someome next time, thats a promise xD

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
6th place!!!!
ugh, I'm going to beat that snake next time. So many nades!!
And roan, I'm using link in our match against peach next time.
>=D im winning next next week. I'm going to fight dark pch alot now. I'm confident in link
Good luck 'cause I heard dark.pch is quitting brawl.

Top Bottom