• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
It's just Brawl. Can I play at Something2do whenever, none of my friends have Brawl and I need to practice.

Also, I noticed that they had 4 TVs, but devoted one set-up to SC:4 last time. Can they do 4 set-ups to speed things up, or do they only have 3 Wiis? If they only have 3, would someone be willing to lend theirs for the tourney?

Will someone be recording?
1. You can play whenever before the tournament and a little between rounds and thats basically it.

2. The 4th T.V is probably for others to give something for people to do while waiting.

3. I might if I can remember to bring the gear, the TO says its okay, AND if there's a windows labtop with a USB port.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I'm going. I hope you guys are accepting to tourney newbs... this'll be my first one.

Also I am bringing friends. :)

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm going. I hope you guys are accepting to tourney newbs... this'll be my first one.

The more the better. There is a mixed bag of skill here. I would say there are two really good players 10 decent players and then 10 people who just play for fun. Thats just a guess on the numbers. One round you may 3 stock some one both games then the next you might lose in a close match.

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
1. You can play whenever before the tournament and a little between rounds and thats basically it.

2. The 4th T.V is probably for others to give something for people to do while waiting.

3. I might if I can remember to bring the gear, the TO says its okay, AND if there's a windows labtop with a USB port.
So it needs to be windows?

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman

Go ahead, though, when I brought mine, they thought it was to hard and decided not to come back, so it's just me and my little bro(seriously needs to practices instead of ADHD can't focus on the training)

So yea, : D have a good time, and even if your friends don't enjoy, come back. : D

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Unfortunately I actually didn't feel like coming today =(. I had other things I wanted to do. When will the next one be?

TMS

Smash Journeyman
That was a lot of fun, guys. You're all awesome. I'll try to come to as many more as I can.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
It was a great time, again. I bet my Pika will be top 8 next time.

Pikachu's recovery is sick. I was pretty surprised when I returned after a Taylor's DK stage spiked me.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not sure who won but Jiano and Tactical where in the finals when I left. Jiano hadn't lost a match yet so tactical had to win twice. But I'm assuming Jiano won.

1 Jiano/Daniel: Snake
2 Tactical: Lucario
3 Luke: Kirby
4 wangston/Taylor: Falco
5 ????? Olimar

I know you need the top 8 but I'm not really for sure who else there was. I know Joshkip's sonic placed in the top 8 I don't know where though. Also travis Lucas is in the top 8 maybe. I know the top 5 for sure but those last people I really have no clue. I'm sure some one know who ranked where.

I'm not sure of any of the other players after that. I had to fight Jiano second round and we had a pretty close match. I won the first game and he won the next to. Before I left Tactical won the first game against Jiano, tacical may or may not have pulled the upset off.

Yeah the next tournament is next saturday 8/23/08. It's going to be my last one cause after that I'm off to college in Utah. Which means some one is going to have to take over this topic, preferably some one who is at every tournament and is there the whole time and talks to the TO.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Jiano won it. Tactical took the first set, but lost the next when he tripped into Snake's fsmash. >_>

I'm looking forward to playing Jiano again. I got it going a couple times, but then he'd turn things around and absolutely **** me. Not a very talkative guy...

neji32

Smash Lord
I noticed that when i played him too harbinger. I was so mad when i couldnt get a ride today. I got so desprate. Maybe i will have better luck next sat

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
I've Decided to make an account on here to keep in touch with the Brawl group out at something2do every Saturday.

If nobody knows me, My name is Travis and I'm normally the guy who shows up to the tournaments looking like I just got out of job interview, haha, But I just get out of work then come straight to the tourneys on Saturday.

This weekend I didn't do too bad, I've recently starting maining Lucas , and it's definitely my best character yet, Over the past few months of playing brawl nonstop at work and at home, I can surely say Lucas is by far my best and favorite character so far, So I've given Marth a backseat to Lucas, Marth just simply doesn't have the power Lucas does.

This tournament was my 1st go at using Lucas as my main in a tourney and I did quite well, ALMOST beat tactical. We were dead tied. then he got one last kill on me, He only had one stock left though.

Wangston :

Sorry I didn't put up a good fight Like I did when I played tactical, Right after my match with him I started feeling really light-headed and I just couldn't concentrate, I'm sure you noticed how badly I was slipping, I went home right after I lost and slept for like 10+ hours, I felt like crap :( , having to be up at 5 30AM that morning for work takes a toll when your trying to concentrate in a tournament as well, blah.

But I'll be out at this upcoming one as usual, and some interesting info for anyone who uses the GC controller for smash and would like a new one..

Nintendo of Japan actually released a PEARL WHITE Wii edition Nintendo gamecube controller with a 40% longer cable for people who's Wiis sit far from their couch, on EBay they run about 40 bucks Shipped and I just got mine in today, So if you need a OEM controller that looks amazing, Definately pick one up, I'll try to bring mine out to the Tourney this week!!

QUIVO

Smash Master
Nice, there's one next weekend? I think I'll have to head down there since I don't work anymore : )

If anyone from cincy reads this, who wants to go?

wangston

Smash Lord
Nice, there's one next weekend? I think I'll have to head down there since I don't work anymore : )

You should ask the guys in the Cincy weeklies and Newport weekiles if they want to go with you I'm sure the guys up there would be willing to go. We should see whos better Cincy or Louisville :bee:

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I might actually make it to this one! (gonna loose in the first round though...but oh well!)

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
I've managed to convince a few people from work to come out to this upcoming one, One of which is HIGHLY skilled, I think he may do well, His name is Donald, He mains zelda, But he's mentioned some BS about using Ice climbers. He's setting himself up for a fail of epic proportions, but oh well, :D

wangston

Smash Lord
I've managed to convince a few people from work to come out to this upcoming one, One of which is HIGHLY skilled, I think he may do well, His name is Donald, He mains zelda, But he's mentioned some BS about using Ice climbers. He's setting himself up for a fail of epic proportions, but oh well, :D
You have another friend that mains Zelda?

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
You have another friend that mains Zelda?
Yeah this is another dude, the guy im normally there with That's brad, that tall guy im normally talking with, I work with him as well, But this guy is probably one of the best players at work, I've been trying to get him to come out but hes strictly a melee fanboy, He hates brawl, but he's quite good.

His name is Donald Like I said, I hope he plays Zelda, but he wants to use Ice climbers, But honestly hes underestimating the caliber of the players that show up to this thing.

I think one match against you or Mario will have him back to Zelda in no time, Or he may just not show up anymore and go back to melee :laugh:

wangston

Smash Lord
can we get a mini melee tournament going
If you really wanted to I'm sure you could. Jiano is the only person that would really want one. I'm in diffrent about it. Just bring your own cube and copy of melee and play on the 4th tv. However some body might bring some other fighting game like M VS C, GG, SC, SF, or some other random game so you might have to wait a little bit before you can set up melee.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If you really wanted to I'm sure you could. Jiano is the only person that would really want one. I'm in diffrent about it. Just bring your own cube and copy of melee and play on the 4th tv. However some body might bring some other fighting game like M VS C, GG, SC, SF, or some other random game so you might have to wait a little bit before you can set up melee.
even though it's obvious jiano would destroy in the melee tournament...i'd actually enjoy one. just for the fun of it.

smash64

Smash Champion

you already know i wanna go and infern too but idk about the rest of the other guys

wangston

Smash Lord
Ive been beating level 8 and level 9 computers left and right i think I can handle this "Jiano" guy
You're joking right? If you have a cube and melee you might as well bring that so you don't have to depend on anyone else bring melee. Go on and play in the brawl tournament cause you might have to wait a bit before you can get the cubed hooked up.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could go to this one...

**** my boss for scheduling me tomorrow.

wangston

Smash Lord
Lousiville is like an 1:30 away from cincy. I know it's an hour away from where I live and it takes about 25 minutes to get to the mall from my house. Add the two together and you get 1:30 but that all depends on where in cincy you live.

Travis4687

Smash Rookie
Ive been beating level 8 and level 9 computers left and right i think I can handle this "Jiano" guy
Haha. I can beat 3 LV 9 falcos on a team against me using my main, But I've lost against wangston multiple times who plays falco... Theres no substitute for a human player who knows the tricks.

Im all for you 100%, but in all honesty and for lack of a better word, Jiano would Man-handle you.

He's won the tourney like 3 or 4 times AFAIK.

I'm bring quite a few people out this time, Let's make this a good turnout!!! :)

Top Bottom