• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've never said that they trust the Others...after all, they did kind of, um, kidnap them. It just seems that The Others aren't the cold-blooded murderous fiends that they were depicted as being in season 2. Their true motives have yet to be fully revealed, but it does seem like that they don't intend to kill Jack, Sawyer, or Kate, or at least purposefully hurt them. The only times they've intentionally hurt them was when one of them drew first blood.

And I still believe Juliet is becoming somewhat sympathetic to Jack's plight. Heck, she might hate living on the island. The chemistry between Jack and Juliet is undeniable and her growing discord/resentment towards Ben is becoming more apparent...how it goes from there, well, I'm sure we'll find out soon.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I've never said that they trust the Others...after all, they did kind of, um, kidnap them. It just seems that The Others aren't the cold-blooded murderous fiends that they were depicted as being in season 2. Their true motives have yet to be fully revealed, but it does seem like that they don't intend to kill Jack, Sawyer, or Kate, or at least purposefully hurt them. The only times they've intentionally hurt them was when one of them drew first blood.

And I still believe Juliet is becoming somewhat sympathetic to Jack's plight. Heck, she might hate living on the island. The chemistry between Jack and Juliet is undeniable and her growing discord/resentment towards Ben is becoming more apparent...how it goes from there, well, I'm sure we'll find out soon.
No, I'm not talking about the characters trusting The Others. Sometimes the characters are just too gullible (AKA putting a pacemaker into a human by an injection and having barely any scratches). I'm talking about the fans, the audience.

Juliet doesn't have sympathy, she's an Other. Look at Ben. He looked pretty sincere the first time we saw him and told us his story for the first time. Guess what, he lied many times during that time when the Losties held him captive. Ben looked pretty sincere about the pacemaker, right? Of course he was lying. Juliet looked pretty sincere when she said she knew all about Jack's life, right? Guess what, she was lying. Juliet looked sincere when she said the communication thing hasn't worked in years. Guess what. She lied.

They're the Others. They lie. It's what they do.

Of course The Others don't want Jack, Sawyer and Kate dead because if they did, they would be dead by now. The other times they intentionally hurt the Losties is when they make one feel bad about the other. It's the thing they did with Kate and Sawyer. But then again I'm nearly convinced that the producers have Sawyer get hurt in some fashion in each episode after a certain point so people feel bad for him or maybe because they think it's funny.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Remember, there's more than one faction of The Others. If you don't believe me, Damon and Carlton have confirmed this theory.
First of all, spoiler.

Second, if that is true, then the Losties haven't met them yet. All of the current encounters with the others have been the current group. The other faction is probally a small group rebelling, like Alex and that other guy.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
How is it a spoiler? The executive producers/creators have openly said this meaning that they obviously want us to know about it.

Yes, they have seen them. We know this from episode 3.1. Ben tells Ethan and Goodwin to act as one of the survivors from the plane, make up their own story etc. The important thing though, is that Ben says he wants lists in three days.

The Others took some of the tailies the first night. One night is not equal to three days.

The Others that we know wouldn't have taken some of the Tailies because they didn't have lists, and Ben probably would have punished them somehow if they did.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
How is it a spoiler? The executive producers/creators have openly said this meaning that they obviously want us to know about it.
A sub-writer for lost has also stated (Note: MAJOR ****ing spoiler, I'm not joking. Don't highlight it)

that a main character will die next episode

But that is still a spoiler.

Yes, they have seen them. We know this from episode 3.1. Ben tells Ethan and Goodwin to act as one of the survivors from the plane, make up their own story etc. The important thing though, is that Ben says he wants lists in three days.

The Others took some of the tailies the first night. One night is not equal to three days.

The Others that we know wouldn't have taken some of the Tailies because they didn't have lists, and Ben probably would have punished them somehow if they did.
The first night, they took those that would be threats. That was stated on the show, and they mentioned that while they took everyone that was a threat (Eko fought back), they didn't go after Goodwin.

These same people, in the exact same clothes and mannerisms, came back later, and Anna Lucia killed one of them. Ben tells her she killed two of Them (that one and Goodwin).

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know they said they took the strong ones and stuff, but that still doesn't mean that it's possible a different faction took the strong ones, which was on the first night.

Just think about it. If the other faction is taking all these big, strong, heavy guys, they can't just take them at a ratio of 1:1. They may have had to double up or something. It's not like they have infinite man power either. There wasn't many of them when we saw Jin and Eko saw them.

The second time they came back was after 3 days have gone by, meaning that it was maybe the faction of the Others that we know more about, and one of them had a list. So that is how Ben would know about Ana-Lucia killing the person because they would have known when they got back that somebody from their group would have been missing.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Wow there on another Island thats a plot twist for ya, next to episodes are supposed to be hot I cant wait lol

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing there isn't another island because we have seen people on the island the Losties crash on have explored most of it. From the first episode of season 3, we can tell that there's at least another part of the island that we haven't known about because of the mountains and where the smoke is coming from the plane crashing. If that isn't enough, on the blast door map, Kelvin/Rizinski/Desmond (maybe) never found the Hydra, meaning that there's likely more than 6 Dharma stations, contrary to what the orientation films say, as long as all the stations from the blast door map are still intact. Unless there's some sci-fi thing going on, there probably isn't an entire separate island to where the Losties are.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Last nights episode didn't do it for me. It more or less was one of the typical stagnant plot lines that shows they don't want to advance the show too quickly. Sawyer's whole story of getting out of prison seemed so thrown together.

Juliet's name isn't a coincidence. Jack and her will have a relationship.

Also, from the previews, Eko looks in bad shape. I want to learn more about him personally but it seems like he will be done in

Also, if they planned for a Utopian society, wouldn't they have wanted surgeons? I dunno, I was really dissatisifed with the episode. I will watch it again and see if I missed something.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eric: If you look closely at the preview, you see that
they editted heavily. They made it so that Eko both throws the knife, and gets hit with it. With that said, next Episode is an Eko episode

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow. I'm upset.

1. Eko was my favorite character. I think he had tons of depth left for him.

2. His "I'm not sorry" seemed completley out of character. Did no one else remember him crying and mourning over his murders? Where the hell did that come from?

3. They just murdered EVERY new character they introduced last season that's not minor (Bernard, and Ben was only in for the last few). The original group needs to be cropped. Why can't Sayid die? Please kill him instead.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I must agree, it seemed kind of out of place that Eko was killed off all of the sudden. I guess whatever happened in the hatch changed his beliefs, and it seemed The Monster judged him as being unworthy. It also seems like the Monster can take on the appearance of other people...wasn't it mentioned that the Monster appeared more than once in the second season, but the viewers never realized they were looking at it? I'll have to go rewatch all the later episodes now...

The part between Jack and Juliet seemed to prove that Juliet wanted to get rid of Ben. It could be a ploy, but she probably just wants to have a normal life and get off the island. It's possible that some of the other Others want to leave the island as well. I'm still wondering why Ben has stayed on the Island his entire life and why all the smoke and mirrors and mindgames just to get Jack to do the surgery. I'm sure it'll be revealed in the next episode...

As for the mysterious man with the eye-patch in the other hatch...what's he doing there? I think it may in fact be The Hydra that they saw, but there hasn't been any eye-patch wearing Other...maybe it's The Flame hatch? The equipment did look suspiciously similar to the one in the Swan...

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Eorlingas: I agree with Eko's "I'm not sorry" being completely off. There was no reason for him to just turn like that; no added emotional stress that could have caused him to tip. If anything, it would have made him want to confess more.

It makes sense that the beast didn't kill him before: it found him trying to correct his mistakes and prove himself. Now that he views himself as good, the beast does not "respect" him, if that is the appropriate term.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I must agree, it seemed kind of out of place that Eko was killed off all of the sudden. I guess whatever happened in the hatch changed his beliefs, and it seemed The Monster judged him as being unworthy. It also seems like the Monster can take on the appearance of other people...wasn't it mentioned that the Monster appeared more than once in the second season, but the viewers never realized they were looking at it? I'll have to go rewatch all the later episodes now...
You saw Yemi/Kate's horse.

Also, Jack's dad's body was missing from it's coffin, and Jack saw his dad walking around.

As for the mysterious man with the eye-patch in the other hatch...what's he doing there? I think it may in fact be The Hydra that they saw, but there hasn't been any eye-patch wearing Other...maybe it's The Flame hatch? The equipment did look suspiciously similar to the one in the Swan...
I thought it might have been Razinsky, for no real reason other then I wanted it to be.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmm, from what I remember, it was said in a podcast that the Monster did make another appearance after "The 23rd Psalm" episode, but we just didn't realize it. This episode is after the one where Kate's horse appeared out of nowhere. Given that the Monster may have the ability to take on the form of a person, maybe it was Dave (aka Hurley's friend)? Dave did kind of behave like Yemi did...leading the person randomly, giving the person insight, etc.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
True.

Remember how the tailies found a glass eye in the second season, in their own little hatch?

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, from what I remember, it was said in a podcast that the Monster did make another appearance after "The 23rd Psalm" episode, but we just didn't realize it. This episode is after the one where Kate's horse appeared out of nowhere. Given that the Monster may have the ability to take on the form of a person, maybe it was Dave (aka Hurley's friend)? Dave did kind of behave like Yemi did...leading the person randomly, giving the person insight, etc.
Producers said we saw the monster in the second half of season 2, but we didn't know we saw it. The Lost community has figured out what the monster is a while ago. Unless the producers decide to say it was false information, thus throwing off the theory, then they have to create a new story for it.

Eorlingas said:
1. Eko was my favorite character. I think he had tons of depth left for him.
Wasn't it a little obvious he was going to die? Even if you didn't know somebody was going to die in that episode, then you could tell from that first flashback. You should know by now that if a character has a flashback episode, and they're going to die, then it's very likely that the character that has the flashbacks will die. Its happened with every main character so far, except for Libby, and maybe Boone.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Wow. Screw Lost, screw ABC, screw Abrams and Lindelof. Eko was BY FAR the best character on the show. . .a tough, bad-*** drug dealer turned priest who was the only one to give the Others the beating they deserved. And great, now he's dead. He was the only one who brought a true sense of religious redemption to the island. . .and now all we have left is Locke's maniacal ramblings of a sentient landmass and the trivial pursuits of the 2 new characters whose names I don't remember because I don't give a crap about them.

. . .on a lighter note, I thought the episode was amazingly good despite Eko's death. I agree with Eorlingas; his refusal to confess seems at odds with his 40 days of repentence after he killed 2 of the Others. But his desire for survival and his relationship with Yemi is always interesting, so it worked out. . .although his death seemed unsatisfying and his storyline unresolved, as opposed to Ana Lucia's death.

So yeah, a great episode, but a completely unnecessary death. More info on the monster and Other infighting was appreciated, but we sure as hell didn't need Eko's death to make it happen.

And when Eko said, "You're next," does that mean the monster's going to kill the rest of the Losties?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I knew Eko was gonna die they had been setting him up for it for awhile now lol but I did not think the black smoke would kill him I mean its never done that before.

Next week is the season finally and its gonna be hot I cant wait to see how they end this season...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In the trailer, Alex makes a reappearance, so I'm guessing the Others finally figure out that she's been communicating with Kate. And if you watch the trailer closely, it does look like Jack is preparing for the spinal surgery, in scrubs and whatnot. And the final part of the trailer showed Kate and Sawyer with some ominous raining, and we know that bad/dramatic stuff happens during the rain...

smashman90

Smash Lord
But Eko probably knew that it was really the monster and not yemi so it would explain why he said he wasn't sorry. I mean, he saw his brother's dead body and yet he still saw him looking alive so he must have known what it was. Because if it really was Yemi then he probably would have said he was sorry.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I knew Eko was gonna die they had been setting him up for it for awhile now lol but I did not think the black smoke would kill him I mean its never done that before.
It's also killed the pilot. It's in episode 1.2, I think.

maelstrom218 said:
Wow. Screw Lost, screw ABC, screw Abrams and Lindelof. Eko was BY FAR the best character on the show. . .a tough, bad-*** drug dealer turned priest who was the only one to give the Others the beating they deserved.
For one thing, Abrams might not have had much to do with Eko's death because he is currently very busy with at least one other show (Six Degrees). The guys that are really in charge of Lost now are Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, and Stephen McPherson (President of ABC)

And two, Ana-Lucia also killed two of the Others, and almost Ben. I think Eko also killed two, so he wasn't the only one.

smashman90 said:
But Eko probably knew that it was really the monster and not yemi so it would explain why he said he wasn't sorry. I mean, he saw his brother's dead body and yet he still saw him looking alive so he must have known what it was. Because if it really was Yemi then he probably would have said he was sorry.
One part of the show is something called, "theories". This is where fans of the show make idea about what they think about the show, and usually show evidence to support their theory. And also, it's not like the Losties really know everything that's going on. Does Hugo know what's happening to Jack, Kate, and Sawyer? Not really. Do any of the Losties know why Eko started to build the church? No. Do any of the Losties know exactly what Locke saw in his trip? No.

Two, we have seen dead people seem "alive" again. In season 1, we saw Jack see his father on the island. We are led to believe that he wasn't even in the coffin because the coffin was broken, and his body was not inside. But season 3 makes us wonder something. Jack hears his father's voice in the intercom. Juliet's excuse is that he's probably hallucinating, and the intercom hasn't worked in 30 years.

Then Jack hears Sawyer yelling. So the intercom really does work. What if Jack wasn't hallucinating? What if Juliet supposedly has all the information on Jack, by talking to his father about it?

Well I didn't think I would have to be this specific about the Monster/Yemi because I thought you would have figured it out. It's prbably his spirit.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wasn't it a little obvious he was going to die? Even if you didn't know somebody was going to die in that episode, then you could tell from that first flashback. You should know by now that if a character has a flashback episode, and they're going to die, then it's very likely that the character that has the flashbacks will die. Its happened with every main character so far, except for Libby, and maybe Boone.
I never said it wasn't obvious. I said I was upset.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Eko, NOOOOO!

Ah, well. I guess it was needed. Anyways, I found this episode to be pretty interesting, though for some reason I didn't feel satisfied when it was over. I felt like there needed to be more... Eh, but that's just me.

"You're next."

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
They killed my favorite character. I am also upset by the moments before his death. He did what was needed to survive so he isn't sorry?

The guy and the girl who tagged along looking for Eko are the ones who need to die. "I feel bad for not being included. Why must Sayid exclude us? Why do we need to tag along with other people instead of just adventuring for ourselves? Wah wah!"

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for Sayid to die.

Oh what a glorious day that will be.

Edit: 2,600 posts

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sayid's awesome. I would probably stop watching if he did.

Eko and Michael leaving the show marks the end of two of my favorite characters and actors. The episode was good, but in really poor spirit for a death episode. I knew the monster would kill him (as I predicted before the episode), but I just didn't like how it did because what we've seen from it's other kills were a lot less visual and just involved him throwing people off into the distance. Still looked cool.

Well, next week is the season finale and from what I read Mr. Friendly isn't sure if he will be in the next "season" when we return in February. Other than that Juliet has been proven to be one of the few people Jack can trust and with Ben's tumor, things may get interesting.

Sidenote: Anyone thought it was hilarious how they introduced the two new "Losties" in the 3rd season?

Man: "I'm not so sure about going with him."
Woman: "Hey you always say they never ask you to do stuff with them."

Bam, explained why we never saw these characters and why they were never introduced. Awesome job there.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I never said it wasn't obvious. I said I was upset.
Eko was one of my favorite characters too, but since I knew that he was most likely going to die, then I wasn't really upset when it happened.

commonyoshi said:
The guy and the girl who tagged along looking for Eko are the ones who need to die. "I feel bad for not being included. Why must Sayid exclude us? Why do we need to tag along with other people instead of just adventuring for ourselves? Wah wah!"
These guys you seem to think that are "extras", really aren't. They have been recently casted onto the show as main characters. The guys name is Paulo, and is played by Rodrigo Santoro (sp?). The girl's name is Nikki, and I can't remember who plays her part. So you better get used to seeing them more.

Crimson King said:
Michael leaving the show marks the end of two of my favorite characters and actors.
Michael still has a chance of coming back. Harold was just put off as a regular for season 3, I think. It's probably likely that we'll see more of him anyways, and I'm pretty sure I have said this before.

In episode 2.2 (season 2, episode 2) Michael and Sawyer are in the ocean, on that piece of the raft and stuff. Sawyer gets to talking about the boat The Others had when they took Walt. He says, "Do you know anything about boats Mike?" He then goes on about how it
is small and had to come from somewhere close, and only had a range of 100 miles.

So, if rescue really is within 100 miles, then I guess he will get safety. But then again, there's also the geoligically unique electromagnitism stuff on the island. So maybe that could mess with the compass on the boat. We already know that the button not being oushed has messed with some stuff The Others have.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
These guys you seem to think that are "extras", really aren't. They have been recently casted onto the show as main characters. The guys name is Paulo, and is played by Rodrigo Santoro (sp?). The girl's name is Nikki, and I can't remember who plays her part. So you better get used to seeing them more.
>_< Nooo! Unless they do something cool soon, they deserve to die.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I have to agree with commonyoshi. They haven't done anything surprising or something cool. If they aren't gonna do something cool soon then maybe I will kill them because I am actually the monster (spoiler)! Poor Eko, if only he had said he was sorry, then I would have let him live, because he rocks, why must people do this to me?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
*yawn* Libby (my favorite character) died. Ekko (my second favorite character) died. Sadly, I find myself caring little. Lost just needs to get on with the show, because it's moving insanely slow.

I think the most interesting thing about the episode was the fact that the others have funerals just like the vikings.

That's kind of sad.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lost has always been slow in my opinion. They usually only put out anything useful on the Season Premiere, Sweeps Weeks, and Season Finale. Sadly, there is no way to get around this.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's typical, hour long show with commercial breaks. They have to pace it slowly so they don't reveal all big things at once, but that has to translate over 20 episodes.

Take Oz on HBO, it was an hour long show, but no commercials and shortened season (I think around 10 episodes) and the pacing was quite fast with no slow episodes.

Like I said, no way to get around this unless they removed commercials and shortened the season.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Does anyone know if the next episode is 1 hour or 2 hours? I'm assuming one, but can't find it anywhere.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm guessing it's one hour, though I wouldn't mind being surprised.

Eorlingas, why do you want Sayid to die?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eorlingas, why do you want Sayid to die?
I liked Sayid for a while (first season), but stopped during the Shannon thing. He chased a girl around for seven years, loving her profusly, and in a few weeks he abandons her for a random hot girl thats closer. I wouldn't even mind this so much if he didn't promise her that he would never leave her. Either he was lying to her in order to have sex, or his backstory makes no sense.

Then the Henry Gale thing. I thought that he was innocent when watching, and that Sayid was just being a douche by taking his anger out on a tied up man. Even now, when we know that he is the leader of the Others, I still don't like him for it. Besides me being morally opposed to murder, I dislike how much he wanted to do it, saying it was because they needed to know. I think he just did it because he wanted to beat someone up.

Then he purposly puts Sun and Jin's lives in danger, without telling any of them, and lying about what he was doing. Sun almost died because of it, and Colleen did die, although that last one might be good.

I also don't like how he has turned into the "I KNOW EVERYTHING" guy. It's like he has a magic orb that he is seeing into the future to know what will happen.

Since I knew that one person would die last episode, I was hoping it was Sayid. They weren't going to kill off the Jack, Kate, or Sawyer, Paulo and Niki are too new, and Locke was way too important. It was either Eko or Sayid, and I love Eko's character.

Btw, in the new Entertainment Weekly, they have an interview with him. Basically, it said that he argued with the writers over how the character would be portraid, and that he was the first actor that chose to leave the show. He said he didn't want to play one role for that long, but the writers managed to get him to stay for a few episodes into season three. So, it was Adewale-Akbagje-Ajfashdfkjdafhsdj that chose for Eko to die, not the writers.

Top Bottom