• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, just watched the new episode. Don't read any further if you haven't watched...

Well, it looks like the Others are putting Kate and Sawyer to work, but for what exactly remains to be seen. Also, it looks like the Others have sucessfully stolen Desmond's boat, though what they plan to do with it remains to be shown. Alex was looking for Carl, perhaps to make an escape? Why is Ben monitoring Kate and Sawyer? Perhaps another experiment? And what does Ben have planned for Jack? I'm sure I missed some stuff, so discuss away.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I really enjoyed it. I thought it was much better then the season premier, and actually revealed quite a bit. Although I did expect Jin's attack on Jae to go diffrent. I thought that Jin would let him live, but then Jae would say something like "I'm sorry I slept with your wife" (not those exact words), and then Jin would think he was just mocking him so he would kill him. Least I got half of it right.

Next seasons episode looks amazing.

"Dude, the hatch blew your pants off."

Banks

Smash Hero
This show is going to put off giving any facts as long as possible...I just want to know something. WTF is going on.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
^ ahh...

tonights episode was pretty **** good, the others now have even more controll now with there capture of the sail boat they had and that fight sence was pretty hot to, next week looks crazy good cant wait lol.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You all missed one key thing.

"Hello, my name is Benjamin (last name I missed) and I have lived on this island my whole life."

That line sent chills down my spine at what it could be hinting at. Since the Dharma Initiative ended in the 79s, and we can estimate Ben at mid-to-late 40s, early 50s, he would only have been (say 50) 25ish when it ended and that's a bit young for any scientist ( and that's IF Ben is 50), especially one that was born on the island. So could it mean that Ben was an experiment of the island like Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, in that, in seclusion, humans are naturally good, but corrupted by mankind. And could it be that the Dharma Initiative was an experiment into see, not if they can create a utopia (Utopia means Nowhere by the way), but to create a civilization of people that have no contact with the corruptable elements of the outside world and build them into good people.

Or the show could take a different course, but I'm highly interested in this development.

Banks

Smash Hero
well they obviously have contact with the outside world. Red Sox, Bush etc all the quotes he rambled off

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe his full name is Benjamin Linus. When he told Jack he would take him home, he really did seem sincere. This is probably a ruse to gain Jack's trust, but it remains to be seen.

Looks like they'll reveal what's going on witht he other Losties next week. And I'm guessing Locke has reinvested his faith in the island...

EEvisu

Smash Lord
well they obviously have contact with the outside world. Red Sox, Bush etc all the quotes he rambled off
That just adds to the plot even more I mean how do they have and do all this stuff, the mystery keeps growing and so doe smy interest towards it.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Banksyayogame50 said:
This show is going to put off giving any facts as long as possible...I just want to know something. WTF is going on.
It seems like you haven't watched every single episode. To understand it as much as you can, you should watch every episode. I mean in the end, I usually watch every episode three times each.

Eorlingas said:
It doesn't make sense that the magnetic pull would only affect one side of the plane, they were a foot away from eachother after first breaking off.
Okay, then according to Jack, the airplane must have hit an air pocket to make the two split apart. He took flying lessons for a while.

Rockettrainer said:
Also, it looks like the Others have sucessfully stolen Desmond's boat, though what they plan to do with it remains to be shown.
Like Ben said, if Jack cooperates with him when the time comes, Ben claims that he will take him home. Probably in the same fashion they said Michael and Walt will supposedly get home.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also, next week's episode features a VERY surreal sequence. I'll leave it there.

Anyone noticed that the Monster returns?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
"VERY surreal sequence"

^that sounds pretty **** good really cant wait, now this monster your referring to do you mean that loud T Rex like sound we heard in the background of the preview for next week o.O

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Yeah, anytime the "monster" is mentioned, it's usually the black-cloud smoke thing that either makes mechanical T-Rex roars or produces a chittering sound. Some people surmise that the monster is actually the "Cerberus Security System" that was written on the black-light map in the hatch. . .so what is it guarding?

I thought last night's episode was alright. . .not nearly as good as the season premiere though. I kept on laughing at the boss guy who kept watch over Sawyer and Kate--"Shocked, you idiot, I said shocked!. . .in fact, you do anything that pisses me off, you're gonna get shocked!"

And props to Sawyer--he took on a whole group of Others barehanded, a la Jack Bauer-style, and read their fighting potential like a book. That was pretty friggin' awesome. Of course, this fails to explain how Ana Lucia and Hurley were able to wreck him in Season 2.

And when Jin said to Sun "I know that you betrayed me," that was referencing Sun's silence about Sayid's plan, right. . .? Because for a second, it sounded like Jin knew about Sun's infidelity. And what the heck was the flashback about the broken ballerina figurine for?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think the beginning flashback was supposed to reference how much tension there was between Sun and her father, just like many of the Losties with their fathers (Jack, Sawyer, Locke, etc.)

And that Sawyer, always the riot. I laughed at the part when Kate asked if she could have different clothes and when the guard told her she could take her clothes off, Sawyer got all excited but then decided to act offended :laugh:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
This show just keeps getting better. I don't know if I believe Ben when he said that he had lived on the island his whole life... I really don't know why, I just find it hard to believe...

One thing I caught that none of you have mentioned was when Ben said to Juliet, "You never made me soup...(or something like that)" ... Was he a captive at one time? I almost want to say he was Walt style, where he had some special powers, only since he stayed, those on the island viewed him as a leader-type figure. Idunno, I'm probably way off the mark, but I found it interesting none the less.

Another thing, when Ben was looking at all those screens, do you think one of them was connected to the Swan? I mean, now the screen would be blank since it was destroyed, but do you think they were watching Kelvin, Desmond, and the other Losties the entire time?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
One thing I caught that none of you have mentioned was when Ben said to Juliet, "You never made me soup...(or something like that)" ... Was he a captive at one time? I almost want to say he was Walt style, where he had some special powers, only since he stayed, those on the island viewed him as a leader-type figure. Idunno, I'm probably way off the mark, but I found it interesting none the less.

Another thing, when Ben was looking at all those screens, do you think one of them was connected to the Swan? I mean, now the screen would be blank since it was destroyed, but do you think they were watching Kelvin, Desmond, and the other Losties the entire time?
It's been speculated that Juliet and Ben were a couple, or at the very least have some sort of relationship in the past. Several instance have already shown the tension between the two (i.e. the soup incidence, Collen asking if she is "interrupting something," her reluctance to talk to Ben at the end of the "Tale of Two Cities" episode, Ben being mentioned as being part of the book club at one time). I'm sure there will be information revealed slowly as the season continues.

As for the monitors, I think they are only for The Hydra station, since it was mentioned that it was an observation station for animals. Although, it makes you wonder if the Others visited The Pearl. After all, it was confirmed a cigarette was still burning down there when Locke and Eko found it...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Has anyone pointed out yet that Julia was the name of the real Henry Gale's wife?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Quarantine sign refers to Kelvin leaving in the HazMat suit. They were told leaving the hatch can expose them to a dangerous, even fatal disease, and that was the only safe place. It's not know if The Sickness will be addressed since it was only touched uponly fleetingly, but it could explain why some of them have haluncenations.

Desmonds clothes were ripped off from the massive blast or he took them off cause he was on fire.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Here's the deal with the "sickness". I'm sure at least a few of you were following The Lost Experience when it was going on, and of course part of it was the Hanso Exposed stuff. Alvar mentions that there will be regular food and medical supply drops onto the island. The thing though, is that The Dharma Initiative was created decades before 9/22/04. So back then, there was some kind of disease that was around, but now that we know about it, people get vaccines for it when they're little or something. That's why it didn't do anything to Desmond because he probably had enough doses prior to crashing onto the island.

Yeah, one interesting thing I noticed is that Alex mentioned Karl was the same age as her, meaning he's 16. So the question is, who are Karl's parents? That may help you guys with your Ben+Juliet theory.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Canadian preview of the upcoming episode is very much different then the American one. I'm guessing it's because the Canadian trailer is more spoiler-ish in terms of plot for the episode.

American preview
Canadian preview

If you look through the Canadian preview, there are some pretty interesting scene flashes. :)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Locke's... mute? Odd...

Anyways, we'll obviously see for ourselves tonight! Already can't wait...

I thought Alex was older than 16... I thought the French woman had come about earlier than that... like late seventies... I've got no sources, but I'm almost sure she said her and her crew landed there in, like, 1975... Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure I am).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rousseau has been on the island for about 16 years, according to the distress signal the Losties found in the pilot episode. She gave birth to Alex around the same time her research crew landed on the island when everyone got sick, therefore Alex is about 16 years or so.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So...Desmond is physcic?

I seriously hope there is some other reason for that other then physcic powers. I liked it much better when things had at least a little bit of scientific basis.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So, the island is talking to Locke again. Hooray for Boone making an appearance, though it seems to be another hallucination/dream similar to ones that other Losties had. It seems like there were hints of things to come (i.e. saying Claire, Charlie, and Aaron will be "fine...for while").

Desmond returns, though this was obvious from him being signed on as a regular...I don't think he's psychic, but he might have had a hallucination/dream just like Locke did. Then again, the electromagnetic discharge from the hatch might havbe done something. Perhaps a consequence of "blowing the dam"?

Eko lives! The hallucination/dream sequence with him talking to Locke was kind of freaky. The island might know about the Losties than they realize...

And poor Hurley, scared of the polar bear. "Bear?" :laugh:

The trailer for next week's episode seems to show what The Others plan to do with Kate, Jack, and Sawyer.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Hmm... I didn't really like this weeks episode. I also missed what happened with Desmond since my dad had to talk to me about something. Why was Hurley looking at hiim like that? Also, what's with next weeks episode? How lame. I dont want to see him get tortured.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Okay, time for another one of WGS's crazy theories that'll be blasted down by many to come. Yay!

Okay, so about the whole Desmond possibly being psychic thing... I really think he just had a vision of sorts... But then I noticed something...

His beard. It looked a lot grown out for just one day of absence in the jungle. I'm not totally sure, but wasn't he a lot more shaved at the end of last year's finale? Then the whole clothes thing. Something had to have happened to him in order for him to have lost his clothes. It didn't happen to Locke or Eko, so it must have been something Desmond specific... Here's my thought, if all of my observations make any sense...

Time travel. I don't know how, why, or anything else. I really don't think it too much, I just want to look at it as a possibility. Unlikely, yes, but it could tie up some loose ends if done...

Like I said, really stretching it, but hey, Lost is a pretty crazy show after all.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Locke's... mute? Odd...

I thought Alex was older than 16... I thought the French woman had come about earlier than that... like late seventies... I've got no sources, but I'm almost sure she said her and her crew landed there in, like, 1975... Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure I am).
Alex is 16. The message from the communication tower has been running for 16 years. She said she gave birth to Alex on the island.

2004 (The year the Losties crashed onto the island)
subtract 16 years ago from when Rousseau crashed onto the island...

Is 1988, when Rousseau and her team supposedly crashed onto the island.

Eorlingas said:
I seriously hope there is some other reason for that other then physcic powers. I liked it much better when things had at least a little bit of scientific basis.
Again, part of the show is just waiting until things are revealed. So you shouldn't always lose hope on your theories. Desmond may not be psychic, but he could have had a dream or something about Locke giving his speech.

Rockettrainer said:
So, the island is talking to Locke again. Hooray for Boone making an appearance, though it seems to be another hallucination/dream similar to ones that other Losties had. It seems like there were hints of things to come (i.e. saying Claire, Charlie, and Aaron will be "fine...for while").
This probably one of the better posts I've seen in this thread. Yeah, Locke's trip pretty much foreshadows what happens what will happen.

Wasn't pretty obvious though that it was a trip? I think it's pretty obvious when one second he's in a sweat lodge, then the next he's in an airport. Come on now.

Master WGS said:
His beard. It looked a lot grown out for just one day of absence in the jungle. I'm not totally sure, but wasn't he a lot more shaved at the end of last year's finale? Then the whole clothes thing. Something had to have happened to him in order for him to have lost his clothes. It didn't happen to Locke or Eko, so it must have been something Desmond specific... Here's my thought, if all of my observations make any sense...
No, he wasn't shaved. He was in his sailboat for two weeks before the Losties found him in his boat. His beard was the same as season 2's finale.

For now though, I'll just say that you guys should really keep track of what happened in Locke's trip throughout the season or series. Pay attention to all the details in that scene.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am just wondering what the part with Ben or Henry Gale or whatever you prefer to call him and Jack, Kate, and Sawyer meant when Locke was going through with that trip. I mean, could there be something more to the fact that those three are captured by the others?

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I always refer to him as, "Ben".

Yes, I saw something more than the fact that they're captured by The Others.

Kate is shown kind flirting with Sawyer, and Jack is going through security, so maybe kate chooses Sawyer over Jack.

Of course Ben in the security guy who "checks" people so they can "move on". Also notice how Jack is the first person to go through security, and that talk Ben had with him about cooperating at the right time and whatnot.

What I'm getting at is that maybe Ben is some kind of guy on the island that checks people to make sure they have the right qualities or something, then he moves them on to "Him", in the fashion that he sent Michael and Walt off.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Of course Ben in the security guy who "checks" people so they can "move on". Also notice how Jack is the first person to go through security, and that talk Ben had with him about cooperating at the right time and whatnot.

What I'm getting at is that maybe Ben is some kind of guy on the island that checks people to make sure they have the right qualities or something, then he moves them on to "Him", in the fashion that he sent Michael and Walt off.
I basically noticed the same thing, but I didn't have the same conclussion as you. He, like security guards, checked them to make sure they are ok to enter the plane.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, this week's episode revealed a few details.

It seems The Others are beginning to get worried because their comms have gone down due to the hatch imploding (they seem surprised that "the sky turned purple"). Also, The Others don't have 100% working medical equipment because "they haven't had had anything happen before." More hints that they want a utopian society?

The discord between Juliet and Ben continues to grow. Juliet claims that Ben is not in control because it's not how things work around there. She also appears slightly sympathetic to Jack's plight. A foreshadowing perhaps? And Ben seems to continues to play mindgames with Kate, Jack, and Sawyer, but it seems like his intentions aren't all that sinister. He claims that "[they're] not killers." They needed Jack because he is a spinal surgeon and someone has a tumor on their spine. The preview points to Ben, but the commercials can be misleading. But what could they want with Kate and Sawyer?

And what the heck is going on with Desmond? First Locke's speech and now the weather? It's becoming more and more apparent the hatch implosion gave him some sort of ESP. Geez, maybe he can draw up some blueplans for a makeshift boat? ;)

A second island?! This explains why the Losties haven't ever encountered Otherville and finally explains the connection to Pala Ferry. It also explains how The Others were able to quickly intercept the group that sailed at the end of season 1.

As for next week's preview, anyone else notice the guy with an eyepatch? Could this be the guy whose glass eyeball that was found in The Arrow? Looks like the episode will reveal more stuff.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I loved the tribute to Pulp Fiction with Sawyer's shot..."No, it's just like in that movie" :)

Jack said the x-rays were of a guy around forty years old. While I think been looks older than that, it could be him. As creepy as Juliet was at first, for some reason I think she is understanding Jack's plight. Maybe she'll depart from the Others? Probably not.

Sawyer giving the money to his daughter made me smile. He's a softy inside. Also, when Kate revealed she only said she loved him to stop his beating he took a hefty toll. Poor Sawyer.

I have no clue who the guy with the eyepatch is (I also haven't seen all of season 2). Was the camera he was on in the Hydra or some where else?

Antz

Smash Apprentice
I like wathing this show but i hate it because it gives 2 many questions and not 2 many answers!!

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I like wathing this show but i hate it because it gives 2 many questions and not 2 many answers!!
Err. . .that's the entire premise of the show, and the obvious way they keep you watching. X-files did the same thing, if you ever watched that.

I honestly don't think that Juliet is sympathetic to Jack's cause at all. In fact, I'm fairly sure that it's all some huge ploy to gain Jack's trust and to ultimately convert him. Remember, these are the "Others" that we're talking about. . .a group that doesn't leave tracks when they walk in the forest. A group that has no qualms about abducting and manipulating the Losties. A group that actually succeeded in out-conning Sawyer. :laugh:

Basically, I'm not inclined to trust ANY glimpse of humanity that I see in these people.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled as to how the Other's don't have a defibrillator. . .they have friggin' CD players, and they have advanced medical equipment (as seen in Claire's island flashbacks), and they have friggin' cable TV. . .how they miss having an essential medical device like that is beyond me. I'm betting that Juliet is lying.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Well, this week's episode revealed a few details.

The discord between Juliet and Ben continues to grow. Juliet claims that Ben is not in control because it's not how things work around there. She also appears slightly sympathetic to Jack's plight. A foreshadowing perhaps? They needed Jack because he is a spinal surgeon and someone has a tumor on their spine. The preview points to Ben, but the commercials can be misleading.

And what the heck is going on with Desmond? First Locke's speech and now the weather? It's becoming more and more apparent the hatch implosion gave him some sort of ESP.

A second island?! This explains why the Losties haven't ever encountered Otherville and finally explains the connection to Pala Ferry.

As for next week's preview, anyone else notice the guy with an eyepatch? Could this be the guy whose glass eyeball that was found in The Arrow? Looks like the episode will reveal more stuff.
Okay, I have no idea why you guys consistantly believe The Others after all they have done to the Losties. I just don't understand how you can still even consider to believe them. I'm guessing the guy with the tumor is Him.

Desmond built that thing because he wanted to see if he could predict what would happen, like what he did with Locke's speech.

The Others have always used the Pala Ferry. Just think about it. Producers have claimed that the structural damage and the cigarette inside the Pearl was recent, meaning that somebody was in there recently as in a little bit before Eko and Locke got in there. In the orientation film for the Pearl, Marvin Candle clearly says that when the shift is done, you will go to the Pala Ferry, and get on the boat to head back to the barracks. Since an Other was obviously in there with the whole "Michael thinking he is talking to Walt on the computer", it's obvious that The Others have known about Pala Ferry for a while.

Yeah, I was guessing the same thing with the glass eye. The thing that doesn't make sense though is that the stuff behind him is the same equipment that was in The Swan.

Antz said:
It actually does give you a lot of answers, and even more if you were into The Lost Experience. The thing though is that it gives you a lot of answers over time, so it seems like they aren't answering a lot of questions.

maelstrom218 said:
Remember, these are the "Others" that we're talking about. . .a group that doesn't leave tracks when they walk in the forest.
Remember, there's more than one faction of The Others. If you don't believe me, Damon and Carlton have confirmed this theory.

Top Bottom