• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Sandy

Smash Champion
I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY SPOILED

EPISODE: CHARLIE'S FLASHBACKS

Basically, this is another show where they make you think that Charlie's going to die, but then it doesn't happen.

Desmond tells Charlie that he's seen a vision of Charlie's death and that this time it HAS to happen because it's going to cause another of his visions to come true -- one of Claire and her baby being rescued from the island by a helicopter. He tells Charlie that he's going to drown after turning a switch next to a yellow light in a new underwater hatch.

At the same time, Sayid tells Jack that he can't get a rescue signal out on Naomi's phone because Rousseau's old distress call is blocking the signal. He tells Jack that they need to go to a radio tower to turn it off. Juliet, though, tells them that still won't get the signal out because Ben has been blocking all transmissions from the island by a jamming device on an underwater hatch called THE LOOKING GLASS.

They know from Sayid's maps that the hatch is flooded. Charlie volunteers for the suicide missions to swim down there and turn off the signal. After what Desmond's told him, he now knows that this is his destiny.

He swims down to the underwater hatch -- but it isn't flooded! He comes up in a pressurized chamber. He's overjoyed that he doesn't have to die....but discovers that there's TWO CHICKS down there (probably Others) pointing guns at him.

The FLASHBACKS are the five greatest moments in Charlie's life. He saves a stranger being beaten on the street (the stranger is Nadia, Sayid's long-lost love), he shows his Dad he can swim when he's a young kid, he hears YOU ALL EVERYBODY on the radio for the first time, and his brother Liam gives him the DS ring. But his greatest moment is when he met Claire on the beach the first night after the plane crashed on the island. (He writes down these five memories and asks Desmond to give them to Claire after he's gone).

The episode is just okay. Not as good as the last two, it's basically setting things up for the finale. It would've been better if they'd have killed Charlie in it.
Now onto the finale...

Season FINALE "THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS"
The finale is full of action, a few deaths -- and that huge twist I mentioned earlier.
First, the deaths. A bunch of Others get killed when they try to raid the camp. This includes Friendly, who Sawyer shoots in cold blood -- and also the other new tough guy Other (I think his name is Price) who gets run over by Hurley in the van.

And Charlie FINALLY dies. Thank god. I've always thought he was one of the weaker characters and his death has been threated in so many episodes its about time it finally happened. He unblocks the jamming signal in the underwater station but drowns when Mikhail uses a grenade to blow it up, killing them both. It's a cool death for Charlie. Maybe cooler than he deserves.

Another big moment is when an old favorite of the show returns. Locke is just about to kill himself in the Dharma grave pit that he fell into after Ben shot him when he hears a voice telling him not to. He looks up to see...WALT!! Walt helps him out of the pit and then disappears. No sign of Michael, and there's no explanation about where Walt has been or what happened to him or Michael.

Locke then makes it to the Radio Tower -- and gets there in time to kill Naomi just before she makes the rescue call. He throws a knife straight into her back. Jack can't understand what Locke is doing and tells him that he'll have to shoot him to stop him from making the call himself. Locke threatens to kill Jack, but then backs down.

Jack makes the rescue call -- and someone on the other end answers. The story on the island ends with help on the way. Or maybe not. Ben has told Jack that Naomi and her people aren't who they say they are -- and just before he dies, Charlie sees a transmission in the underwater hatch from Desmond's Penny -- who, contrary to what Naomi has said, denies that she knows Naomi at all!!

But the HUGE TWIST of the episode -- in fact, probably the huge twist of the entire series -- happens in the flashback. They start by showing that Jack is totally ****ed up. He's popping pills and suicidal. The first flashback shows him about to kill himself by jumping off a bridge -- only a car accident nearby causes him to stop, and instead of killing himself he fins himself helping the accident victims.

But he keeps spiraling. He sees his ex-wife at the hospital -- she's pregnant with another man's child. He goes to a funeral of a person that we never discover, but whoever it is, his (or her) death rocks Jack hard. He steals drugs from the hospital and is caught by the new doctor in charge.

And all the time, he's constantly on the phone desperately trying to contact somebody. And the last scene shows us who...he goes to meet the mystery person, and it's the last person on earth we would think...it's KATE!

And it's now that we realize that for the first time in Lost history, we haven't been watching a flashback. We've been watching a FLASH-FORWARD!

Yep, that's right. THEY ACTUALLY SHOW THAT JACK AND KATE MAKE IT OFF THE ISLAND. For some reason, this has been the cause of Jack's spiral. He tells Kate they have to go back to the island. She refuses and drives away. The show finishes with Jack screaming "We have to go back!!"

It's a bold move by the writer's no doubt, but I'm not sure if it will pay off entirely. It raises many other questions -- how did they get off the island, did anyone else get off the island, who stayed behind -- but on a show that has been all about our heroes trying to get back home, its kind of disappointing to know that Jack and Kate actually return to the mainland and that they could stay there if they want.

The twist is bound to cause huge discussion among Lost fans. I felt it was a bit of a cheat, but maybe others will like it more...

What ABC is not telling us:

* We do not get a lot more information this season about Richard Alpert and the island’s other natives.
* We do not get a lot more information this season on the Dharma Initiative or the Hanso Foundation.
* We do not learn a lot more this season about Jacob.
* We don’t learn more about the four-toed statue.
* Christian Shepherd is not discovered alive.
* Libby does not appear.
* We will learn something huge about Kate.
* We get a major clue related to the “other” Oceanic 815 that boasted no survivors.
* We’ll be meeting new characters, but not in flashbacks.
* Rousseau’s original Frenchy broadcast from the pilot plays a role this week.
* There is much death in the finale.
* Yet another original cast member goes the way of Boone and Shannon.
* But, get this, another of the original regulars returns. And that regular is not listed among ABC’s cast list.
* We will see Terry O’Quinn at least one more time before the season ends.
* We see a new side of Hurley.
* Desmond does not sacrifice himself to save Charlie.
* There’s a big surprise involving Naomi and Penelope.
* The huge huge huge HUGE season-ending reveal resides in Jack’s very dark flashbacks, so watch them very carefully.
* Between now and 2008, fans may scratch holes in their heads wondering how this show is going to continue next season.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Frank Fly, put the end of that post in spoilers, now. I already know more then I wanted to about the final simply from glancing at the end of your post.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Last night's episode was so-so, in my opinion... I'm glad to see everybody from the crash sorta working together again. I liked how they brought Rose and her husband back... My family and I were beginning to wonder if they were ever gonna show up again.

So in the scenes for the finale, it looks like Desmond makes it down into the "Looking Glass" as well. What the crap is he doing down there? Also, was that scene with Locke from an older episode, or was that for next week? And, COOL! EXPLOSIONS!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
In my opinon, Charlie should've kept quiet when he surfaced in the station.
He almost drowned. I'd be gasping for air and laughing in triumph if I were in his shoes.

Last night's episode was pretty good, I guess. Did anyone catch the face of the guy who was mugging that girl? I kinda missed it.

Edit: LOST is a show about a bunch on guys and a bunch of girls who go on a plane ride from Sydney, Australia to the United States somewhere. The plane malfunctions and crashes on a tropical island. There is no hope for rescue because the plane flew wildly off course from its route due to... turbulence? (I never saw the first episodes)

So now they are stuck on some weird island that is inhabbited by polar bears and giant parrots. They also discover there are other people on the island, whom they refer to as "the Others". So the Others dont like the plane people, and the plane people dont like the Others.

Oh, and every person who crashed has some sort of inner struggle they are dealing with. That's the jist of it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I thought the guy looked like Liam, actually.

I thought the episode was quite good as it showed Charlie as a man awaiting death and sacrificing himself for the one he loves. Overall, I wish he had died tonight instead, but 2 weeks isn't so bad.

As for those spoilers, I have no clue where you got them from because all the sites I visit have no episode synopsis. Not saying they won't happen, but just saying, it seems a bit far-fetched to have thoses twists and have a full episode summarized.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
His summary for the last nights episode was spot on so I wouldn't read the one for the finale if I were you. I've only seen two episodes this season the one when Charlie first finds out he will die and this one. I think it's funny that I was able to know exactly what was going on.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I thought the guy looked like Liam, actually.
That's what I thought too, just because of the way Charlie paused. Though I didn't get a great look at him myself.

All together, I loved the flashbacks of his 5 best moments. It was a nice change from the usual flashbacks.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
The biggest shock to me from this whole episode, the ending...WOW!
Jack and Kate off the Island, so I guess the whole time they were showing the future, Jack is suicidal and wants to go back, Charlie dies, Locke is alive(of course) an sees Walt who then disappears, Lots of other people die...Great Finale though it left me wanting to much more.

Sawyer is cold blooded lol an Hurly saved the day, **** next season is gonna be hot.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
A flash forward??? That blew me out of the water...

Sorry, I'm still in shock. That was probably the best season finale I've seen in a long time...if not ever...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Here is what I'm thinking.

It wasn't a flash forward, but was instead a "flash, like desmonds. A possible future. Jack/someone sees this, and then tries to fix it. He's obviously depressed and wants to go back, not a very good way to live.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm starting to think it was maybe Ben who was having the forward flashes, because he really did want to stop Jack from getting rescued. And Ben starts acting like Locke did in the first season, claiming he did everything for the island. I was hoping they would have more about Jacob, but I guess that'll be next season.

Did they state whose funeral Jack was visiting? I'm guessing it was either Locke or Ben? I missed the first couple of minutes and some part inbetween...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No

I actually thought it would be Sawyers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I thought that too originally, but Kate did say she had to "return to him when leaving Jack at the airport." I just assumed she meant Sawyer when she said that...

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I thought that too originally, but Kate did say she had to "return to him when leaving Jack at the airport." I just assumed she meant Sawyer when she said that...
I'm thinking she's referring to her son, who Sawyer left her with as soon as they got back, leaving her with a pretty deep hatred for the guy.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I think it's probably Ben. Who else would have a funeral where absolutely no one came to see him? At least some of the islanders would have come back for Sawyer's funeral...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just saw it. That was amazing. Screw all LOST haters!

I'm guessing it was wither Locke's or Ben's funeral. I cant think of any other characters who have impacted him in such a moving way as to cause him to attempt suicide. Sawyer is a maybe.

I'm just curious where it all takes place. Will it be after the show's series finale or will it pick up later in the show? I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Oh, and I loled when Ben told his daughter that the reason he imprissoned and brainwashed Carl was to keep them from having sex. Hilarious!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also, you forget, this was a future flash, we don't know if the character whose funeral no one went to was either introduce or thoroughly developed.

Eor really made a lot of sense when he said Locke would join the others. We know how slow time moves on the show (this past season was like 10 days or so, since when Jack was locked up in the early part, he said "you have been on this island for 90 days" and for the finale when Jack said he was asked to make decisions for 1** days, I just forgot the count) so this rescue could span 2 seasons alone. Would be an AWESOME ending for season 4 to have to rescue arrive.

EDIT: After rewatching the ending before the flash forward, we are supposed to believe it's Locke's or Ben's funeral as they are the two who said they had to stay on the island and their deaths would remind Jack of the pain of leaving.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lost is suspended until the strike is resolved. Meaning our season is actually being postponed.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Thet're not even gonna play the first 8 like they had planned? That kinda sucks, but i'm glad we'll still be getting the whole season at once. I'm also happy 24 went this route as well.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That sucks. I'd rather we wait longer then get half a season.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Naomi just got a knife in the back, so she might not be dead. It was thrown from a distance anyways. Can't tell on 1:03, but maybe

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, good point. I always assumed her dead after that though :ohwell:

But I don;t doubt it's Jack's father.. He seems to pop up in random odd places

D*** Lost for being so d*** confusing..

And as for a disclosed release date for Europe.. MumbleGrumble ><

Mike87

Smash Ace
Notice about 1:09 into the video

It is just me or is that Naomi with a knife to Kate's neck? She's suppose to be dead :dizzy:

And at 1:03 is that Jack's Dad? :dizzy:

><

NERD I know, I know..

(but I'm most probably believing something that isn't there xD and letting my imagination run a bit wild)
It could be Jacob.

Top Bottom