• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
MINDBLOWING episode. Truly incredible. The ending, in particular was brilliant. Ben became infinitely more awesome when it became clear that he turns Sahid into his pawn. SAHID! The guy who can snap a man's neck with a single breakdance move! I didn't think ANYONE could tell Sahid what to do and live.

Best season of Lost to date.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Sayid, ****it.

It was great, though I'm really looking forward to the episode where we see the boat. In all honesty, I think the next episode will just focus on Locke, meaning we won't see Sayid at all. Sad sad sad :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright, we have 4/6 Oceanic Survivors. Did anyone else catch hints that the other people (Locke's group) stayed on the island? Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sayid were always strong focuses and I love the character of Sayid.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I've never watched Lost. I know I'm asking a really biased place, but is it worth it to watch the episodes, or is the series starting to go downhill? If you think the series is going to get cancelled soon or if the final seasons are starting to wear on just be honest there. If they are maintaining some high quality shows fairly regularly I'd probably be persuaded to go back to season 1 and watch them.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The series is actually picking itself up from a slump in the third season, so no, it's currently doing great. The only problem is the mass of characters and backstories you'll need to understand to watch the show. tvshack.com has all the episodes, if you want to watch it.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
ABC actually has all the seasons episodes right there on their site to stream. I'll probably watch it then, thanks Eor.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Alright, we have 4/6 Oceanic Survivors. Did anyone else catch hints that the other people (Locke's group) stayed on the island? Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sayid were always strong focuses and I love the character of Sayid.
I'm going to go with my gut here and say that the final two are Locke and Sawyer. I know it sounds weird (both sound like they would be the last people to leave the Island) but hear me out.

In last season's finale, Kate kept talking saying "he'll be wondering where I am" or something to that effect. This would sort of make sense if Sawyer and Kate winded up together after the rescue.

Finally, I suspect that Locke was in the coffin that Jack visited. Judging by the effect it had on him when he heard the news of this person's demise (and the way Kate was surprised that Jack would attend the funeral) I think it would have to be Locke. But that's just my instinct.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was talking to EE about how dramatic it would be if Locke was somehow kidnapped out of the island, and forced back into a wheelchair.

Personally, I think it's either Sun/Jin, or Sawyer and Locke. I don't see Clair, Bernard, or Rose leaving, and the person would have to have been on the Plane, otherwise they wouldn't be the "Oceanic" six. Plus the flight manifest would have been published of all the "casualties", so Desmond/Juliet couldn't leave and claim to have been on the plane.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was talking to EE about how dramatic it would be if Locke was somehow kidnapped out of the island, and forced back into a wheelchair.

Personally, I think it's either Sun/Jin, or Sawyer and Locke. I don't see Clair, Bernard, or Rose leaving, and the person would have to have been on the Plane, otherwise they wouldn't be the "Oceanic" six. Plus the flight manifest would have been published of all the "casualties", so Desmond/Juliet couldn't leave and claim to have been on the plane.
Exactly. I think Ben, Juliet, and Desmond will make it, but never reference being with the Oceanic crew. Also, remember it was a Flash Forward at the end of season 3, it could have been Ben's funeral. I really see no way that Sawyer and Locke will logically be off the island since neither of them want to leave. Then again, Hurley DID leave the island and he is with Locke's crew.

Also, what is everyone's theory on Sayid's agreement with Locke. Locke gave Sayid Charlotte so he could get on the boat and Sayid said "What makes you think I wouldn't give you something in return?" Interesting.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
They said what it was, Sayid traded Charlotte for Miles.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I missed yesterdays episode!!!!
Anyone know where I can possibly watch it online, or give a brief recap? I'm begging here.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I thought that the other 2 survivors would be claire and aaron(the baby)? Didn't Desmond tell Charlie that if he wanted them to escape the island that he would have to die? I also think that it might be Charlie who may have been the person everybody was grieving in the funeral at the flashforward in the season 3 finale.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
DeadtoSin, it's definitely a show worth watching as long as you're patient enough to remain confused.

I saw Ben coming as soon as Sayid mentioned a "list". Ben is becoming increasingly excellent with each episode. :p

The person Kate was refering to could be her child. She's had unprotected sex with Sawyer before, and it looks like they will again in the next episode. I'm going to guess that Locke is the one in the coffin, taken back against his own will, and the last Oceanic will be Michael or Walt.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was thinking more on this.

Firstly I really don't think Sawyer will go back. Him and Kate living together just seems way too sappy for Lost. Instead, I think that the person she has to go back to is a kid, either hers and Sawyers, or, what I was thinking of a few minutes ago, Claire's. I could see her giving her child away to Kate in order to give Aaron the life she thinks he needs, but not going herself because of some other reason. This would also bring up the "he can't be raised by another" subplot introduced in the first season. Maybe, if the island is out of synch with the rest of the world, we'll find out the baby is Ben. EE also had the idea, going along with that, is that Jack is Jacob, though I'm not sure if that's how the island/timesynch would work. I guess we'll find out when Sayid leaves.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also to note, about 44 episodes until the Series Finale. It doesn't actually seem that long in retrospect.

I really don't think there will be any time issues where Jack is Jacob or Aaron is Ben, namely because it never happened in the show and introducing it in the end is cheap.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
They said what it was, Sayid traded Charlotte for Miles.
I hope there was more too it. Locke could easily have kept them both, so letting one go for nothing would be pretty stupid.

I missed yesterdays episode!!!!
Anyone know where I can possibly watch it online, or give a brief recap? I'm begging here.
Poke around the ABC website, I think they're all available for your viewing pleasure.

I thought that the other 2 survivors would be claire and aaron(the baby)? Didn't Desmond tell Charlie that if he wanted them to escape the island that he would have to die? I also think that it might be Charlie who may have been the person everybody was grieving in the funeral at the flashforward in the season 3 finale.
Despond said Claire and the baby would board a helocopter, but that's it.

Also, everyone wasn't grieving about the dude in the coffin. Jack was the only one who showed up for the funeral, and he hurried out as quickly as he had come. I'm almost positive its Locke. (Which kills me, because he is by far my favorite character.)

DeadtoSin, it's definitely a show worth watching as long as you're patient enough to remain confused.

I saw Ben coming as soon as Sayid mentioned a "list". Ben is becoming increasingly excellent with each episode. :p

The person Kate was refering to could be her child. She's had unprotected sex with Sawyer before, and it looks like they will again in the next episode. I'm going to guess that Locke is the one in the coffin, taken back against his own will, and the last Oceanic will be Michael or Walt.
I hadn't thought about the child thing. Interesting...

Also to note, about 44 episodes until the Series Finale. It doesn't actually seem that long in retrospect.

I really don't think there will be any time issues where Jack is Jacob or Aaron is Ben, namely because it never happened in the show and introducing it in the end is cheap.
Agreed. Besides, we SAW Ben's birth in his flashback episode. He can't be Aaron.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
A friend of mine has a theory that due to whatever time craziness is going on with the island, Jack and Kate will end up being the "Adam and Eve" that they found in the first season. I only partially subscribe to this, so far.

I also fear that Sun will end up being one of the Six, but only after Jin sacrifices his life to get her off the island. This is a fear because Jin is ****ing awesome and definitely shouldn't die.

I really hope Sayid makes it through the whole series, he's been my favorite since the begining.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Whoa. Baby Aaron threw me for a loop. I thought it was Sawyer's kid since they were talking about.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
When she said Aaron I was like "WHAT THE F***!"

I swear, this show will be the end of me.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The all important question: is Aaron one of the Six? He was on Oceanic, albeit as a fetus. However, my gut says that this nuance will be overlooked and the media only count the adults as the "Oceanic Six."

Jack, Kate (and Aaron), Hurley, and Sayid + Guy in coffin (almost definitely Locke) + one more (I'm thinking Sun, Jin or Michael).

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Arron...that wasnt her son? That was Claires baby? lol wow thats crazy I thought it was hers and she just name him after Claires baby Arron

Sandy

Smash Champion
My guess for next week is:

* This week’s flash-forwards belong to (a maternal) Kate Austen.

* We’ll learn why Kate’s hinder isn’t languishing in stir.

* Beardless Jack Shephard turns up in Los Angeles.

* These are the last flash-forwards until 4.7, said to be the last episode before the multi-week break.

* John Locke will release Ben Linus from the rec room.

* The captive Miles will make a deal with the less-captive Kate.

* Over a box of Dharma vino, Kate will make a eyebrow-raising proposal to James Ford.

* Jack, Juliet, Dan and C.S. Lewis will be informed that the helicopter carrying Sayid, Desmond, Frank and Naomi did not get where it was going.

* We'll learn how a major cast member – one introduced in the series pilot – meets his or her untimely demise. (Hint: It’s not Rose.)

Michael will be on the freighter: http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R764023Ei0I/AAAAAAAAUM0/0ZxU2nBAeCE/s640/michaelandfreighter.jpg

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Sand tiger, it's not a guess if you steal it from a spoiler website. Do that again and I'll warn you, clearly label if what you have is a spoiler instead of a guess.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I REALLY was expecting Desmond to get offed. I mean aneurysms are pretty critical and when we saw two in the episode (mouse being one of them), it was hard not to expect it.

Some newspaper said a major character was going to die, with Major being an Oceanic member. Really, this is coming, but who?

Also, the season will take a hiatus until April 24th, I believe. So, we get a longer season with 8 new episodes left in it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eric, for the love of god man. I did not want to know that.

Best episode ever made? The editing and plotline was spectacular. Made up for last week's average episode by far. And the next three episodes are going to be great, from what I've read.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Have neither of you watched the show ever? There hasn't been a season where someone major hasn't died.

This episode was really good. I really like Daniel Farraday. He is very odd but overall a great character. Most of this episode was a total mind**** for me.
Faraday is arguably my favorite character on Lost. I swear to god, if they kill him off...

Top Bottom