• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm thinking Locke noticed Mikhail wasn't dead after he pushed him through the fence and checked his pulse but decided to pretend he was dead for his own personal ambition of collaborating with the others.

Also, I am thinking the Others' organization planted another plane some where else in the Pacific Southwest so that no attention would be brought to their doings on the Island.

I thought it was a some what decent episode; not the best but definitely not the worst.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I agree with Virg. Either the others planted a fake plane, or the woman was just plan wrong. They already said it wouldn't be a purgatory show, though that would answer a lot.

Better episode. 3 left. One is the background of Ben.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I wonder how long that woman was hanging up there. It's very reminiscent of when they found Henry Gale(Ben).

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, it's nice to see that Lost is getting consistently better. This episode was a pretty good one, since it redeemed Sun. After revealing that she had an affair, her lies and deceit made her a *****, but given her pregnancy and her flashback, you can see that her love for Jin really is genuine. . .especially when she gave that sad smile hearing the news that it was Jin's baby, even though that meant her death sentence.

And it's lovely that Mikhail is still alive. . .having a one-eyed Ukranian bad*** is awesome. Thank goodness that Roundhouse Kick Jin was there to save the day.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, it's nice to see that Lost is getting consistently better. This episode was a pretty good one, since it redeemed Sun. After revealing that she had an affair, her lies and deceit made her a *****, but given her pregnancy and her flashback, you can see that her love for Jin really is genuine.
Everyone on the island, if you noticed, has committed some type of sin, usually off the 10 commandments. Sun was no different.

I've read there will be 5 deaths on the show in May alone, which is intriguing.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
True, but I doubt the majority of them will be main characters, though I think it needs to be at least 2.

I think the list is probably going to be (I've read no spoilers, so this is just speculation)

1. Charlie
2. Anthony Cooper
3. Ben (perhaps)
4. Helicopter girl
5. One of the main four (Kate, Locke, Jack, Sawyer)

I think the last one needs to be done this season. I don't want any of them to go, but I think that it would be more dramatic for a season. And because of the way the show is, Jack could easily be replaced by Kate.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Not really spoilers since ABC put it out, but there will be a confrontation between Locke and Jack which leads me to agree with your hypothesis.
Season Finale has 2 camps forming: One led by Jack, one by Sawyer; so they are safe. Also, Locke has been out of the last few episodes and his character is done once Ben and his father die.

I really like Charlie and hope he survives to next season. He has good chemistry with Desmond, Hurley, Jin, and Claire.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dang. There was a mechanical malfunction at ABC broadcasting which cut off the sound for half the episode. I'll watch the whole thing tonight though I'm pretty sure I got the jist of everything already.

I agree with the fake plane theory. I just wonder if the writers originally intended for the Purgatory storyline but had to leave it because people were already deducing it.

It seems to me like Locke, one of my favorite characters, is going to die soon. There just isn't anything for him to do without the Hatch.

But I hope it's Kate.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind Locke dying. I like him as well, but it would be about time for his character to leave. And it would definitely make things more interesting.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm guessing Ben will die. Since Locke takes him hostage. (Next Episode)
Important characters die only on their character-centric story. Ben has an episode after this one, so Locke's hostage was his father.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I also hope they switch it so people don't only die in their centric story, it's getting old and boring, and really really obvious now.

Edit: Frankfly, it is his father he took hostage. The promo for the next episode confirms it. I actually think it's really obvious why Sawyer would be involved, but I guess it might not be, so I won't say anything.

Sandy

Smash Champion
My hunch was right. Locke and Sawyer are half(?) brothers.
Also Naomi said:

Parachutist(Naomi Doritt said:
She took off in a Helicopter from a ship about 80 miles out. The wreckage of flight 815 was entirely found off the coast of Bali and all the passengers were dead. She was looking for Desmond. She was hired by Penelope (Desmond's fiancée) and was given coordinates which she believed would be in the middle of nowhere, she did not expect to see an island. She had trouble and was forced to bail out.
If that's true, what happened to guys at the end of Season 2?

Season 2 Recap said:
The season ends with a scene of a cramped polar research station where two men excitedly notice what appears to be the anomaly, and they proceed to phone Desmond's old fiancée, Penelope, to tell her that they have "found it".

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrghghrhghr

****ing power outage made me miss this episode

Virgilijus

BRoomer
My hunch was right. Locke and Sawyer are half(?) brothers.
They aren't half bothers; Locke is Sawyer's son while Sawyer just slept with James' mother when he was little.

And Eor, it was an OK episode. You could tell they are just trying to hold onto the big reveals for the finale and maybe the episode before. Although, after this episode I wonder what changes will come about in James (Sawyer).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
...No, James is not anyone's brother. Locke's dad (Cooper) conned Sawyer's (James) mom. They are not related.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
. . .you guys are hopeless. :laugh:

I, for one, thought that the episode was fantastic. Better than last week's, and that one was pretty darn good. Sawyer finally getting his life-long vengeance? The way Locke cooly and calmly manipulated Sawyer into getting what he wanted? Getting chain-grabbed to death? WOW.

Plus, we get a lot of info about what the island is, exactly. Regardless of Lindelof's denials, it seems as if the Island really is purgatory, of sorts. In fact, it reminds me of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, where "there are other worlds than these"--basically, other parallel universes exist, and death is one way you can travel in between them.

I read someone theorizing that Smoke-zilla isn't so much evil, or a security system, but it kind of finishes the job of bringing you to the other side. Once you've achieved your redemption, you get "killed" by Smoke-zilla and go to wherever actual dead people go.

So. . .what was the secret between Juliet and Jack? And how does Locke being "special" affect anything/what does it mean? And is Ben somehow manipulating Locke even now with the whole "go kill your father" thing?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Next week is a Ben-Centric one. That will answer a ton of questions.

I also found out that while the four toed statue is a big thing for the island, we won't find out about it until next season. Oh well, at least they have an answer.

As for the purgatory thing, I'm not really buying it. The biggest reason is because Desmond had those time warp things, Hurley almost died following an imaginary person, Michael and Walt went home, and Robert, the man Ben was contacting to taunt Juliet, was in public with a camera.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
^ plus the purgatory theory was alrdy discredited by the writers. People were saying that when the show first started and the writers said that their is a different reason. Plus its the third season of lost their are four more to go, do you think they are going to give out the twist so blatantly this early.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Plus its the third season of lost their are four more to go, do you think they are going to give out the twist so blatantly this early.
Two. Due to dismal drops in ratings after the hiatus, the creators announced it would only run 5 seasons.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I seriously want to see the "raid" episode now. the end where it wasn't Ben was sort of predictable but still good. didn't expect the connection between Locke & Sawyer to be so... straight forward.

Now any time that Ben says something you start trying to figure out what his angle is, it sort of draws you in to the show more. they did a good job in finding him. it's like Hugh Laurie in House, can't imagine anyone else playing the role.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Two very interesting notes:

05/04 - ABC is set to announce that Lost will end production after two more seasons. According to sources, ABC is planning to push back Lost's return date to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also "extremely likely" that Lost will change time slots next season. Source: Kristin on E!Online

05/03 - Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were on the Drew and Mike radio show>.They revealed that some mysteries will be resolved by the end of the season: what was up with the guys in the arctic, Walt's ability to rejuvenate animals, the "magic box" idea. They also said that Patchy's resurrection will be explained within the next couple of weeks. The smoke monster will not be explained until the end of the series. Source: The Tail Section
NEXT JANUARY? ****! Oh well, I can go watch an episode a day as it gets closer, like I plan to do with Heroes, online.

EDIT: The date of my source was the 4th. On the 6th, we got this:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-06-lost_N.htm -3 more seasons, but only 16 episodes each and running from February to May. My source was spot on, cool!

EEvisu

Smash Lord
what the hell? casper the friendly ghost is now in charge?
way way too random.

Also I record the show just for the collection an I noticed when you rewind an then go frame for frame you can actually see someone sitting in the chair for like a second after Ben is thrown to the wall, it actually kinda looked like Lock w/ long hair.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I saw that when I was watching it; don't know exactly that that is.

Also, why has Richard not aged at all? Ben's forty something and Richard first found him when he was thirteen or some where near there. It probably ties into the "power" of the island, but why is Ben now in charge of their operation? Or is it just a facade?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think Richard was suppose to have aged, but they couldn't hire a new actor to play him without us loosing who he was. I could see him (supposedly) being around 18-19 in that scene.

I do not believe Locke will die. If he was going to die, they would have shown him dead. Since he lingered, it means that someone else will happen, probably him being saved.

Ben checked that gravel/dust before walking forward. And, unless I am mistaken, he didn't knock to see if Jacob was home before coming in. Personally, I think Jacob is the smoke monster, and that the dust line was some way of seeing if Jacob was out as smoky or not. Don't ask for proof on that, it was just a hunch.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Richard Alperts, one of the hostiles, and he doesn't age, thats just another mystery

Also perhaps, Smoke monster = Ben's mom?

**** just seriously hit the fan and those eps just prove it, again: Locke IS "lost".

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think Richard was suppose to have aged, but they couldn't hire a new actor to play him without us loosing who he was. I could see him (supposedly) being around 18-19 in that scene.

I do not believe Locke will die. If he was going to die, they would have shown him dead. Since he lingered, it means that someone else will happen, probably him being saved.

Ben checked that gravel/dust before walking forward. And, unless I am mistaken, he didn't knock to see if Jacob was home before coming in. Personally, I think Jacob is the smoke monster, and that the dust line was some way of seeing if Jacob was out as smoky or not. Don't ask for proof on that, it was just a hunch.
I don't know: before the flashback, every one would agree that Richard looks younger than Ben whether it is just five years or ten. Now to have him look exactly the same in a thirty year flashback means either he doesn't age or he is actually quite a few years older than Ben and with whats been happening on the island I am inclined to lean towards the former.

Also, I though the trail of powder Ben found was gunpowder; in the preview for next week's episode they showed explosions and fire so I'm guessing Jack and Juliet (and maybe Rousseau) got some explosive powder from The Black Rock and booby trapped the island.

However, I also think that Jakob is the black smoke.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
EEVisu said:
Also I record the show just for the collection an I noticed when you rewind an then go frame for frame you can actually see someone sitting in the chair for like a second after Ben is thrown to the wall, it actually kinda looked like Lock w/ long hair.
Eor showed me the picture and I said it looks like Kris Kristoferson and evidently that's who it is...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I sure hope the Monster isn't Jacob.
The episode was pretty cool though very, very odd. Locke beating up Mikael was hilarious. My firends and I joked around for fifteen minutes about how Ben's father died too. That scene was just rediculous.

Ben: "I've had it with you, dad. I've dealth with this for 40 years already."
Dad: *sits quietly* thinks, "What's he talking about?" says, "I'll remember your birthday next year, son."
*Ben reaches into bag* says, "I hate you."
*Dad continues to sit there* thinks, "Oh gosh. What's he doing? :rolleyes:"
Ben pulls out gas mask. Dad continues to stare. -_-
Ben puts ON gas mask. Dad sits there.
Ben pulls out mysterious canister. Dad continues to sit there.
Ben pulls plug. Dad STILL does nothing.
Dad dies. Yay.

I think that Richard is Jacob.

A friend of mine came up with a theory regarding the Monster and the original inhabitants of the island. There're no such thing as the Natives. Every single one of them is the Monster in desguise, and he's used Ben to further his plans. Notice how there are so few original inhabbitants left. Most of the people came from outside the island.

And what ever happened to that girl Ben was always with. I dont think I saw her body.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Clip of what might be Jacob slowed down

Quality isn't so good, but you do get to see Jacob around the 12 second mark. I think Jacob does relate to the Monster somehow, but it not necessarily the Monster.

When young Ben approached the security perimeter and went into the jungle, the whispers could be heard. I'm sure once people start posting transcripts, something will be revealed.

EDIT: And a picture of Jacob that was brightened up a little bit. Unfortunately, you can't see the face, but you can see a beard...anyone remember a character that might look like him?

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Whoa... I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. Sorry amateurs, but now there's a professional in the building.

Either way, Charlie is kickin' it this week, and it's about **** time! That little ****er has had it coming since he tried to drown the baby last season.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I certainly hope he doesn't die though I dont really like him in particular. The whole Destiny thing is kinda lame. I'm surprised they even put that in the show.

But I think the Hurley, Desmond, Jin, and Charlie square is pretty cool.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I think the Hurley, Desmond, Jin, and Charlie square is pretty cool.
I agree with this. The whole camping trip thing was pretty cool, and they shared some interesting bits of dialogue. Ultimately though, I'm fairly confident Charlie is biting the bullet. I truly believe that his character has no further depths left to explore. Claire has moved on to past relations with Jack's dad and such, and it is likely her story will expand in that direction.

Are there any un-answered questions about Charlie's past?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Charlie's life is completely fleshed out up to this point save a few minor details which will be filled in on his episode this week. If he dies, it has to be Wednesday's episode because otherwise they are out of chances. Also, it's been said that there will be at LEAST 5 deaths in May alone and so far we just had Anthony "Sawyer" Cooper's death. Charlie will have to die as after that they have the season finale, and I see that being Locke's death, and someone else pivotal.

Top Bottom