• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Live Hit Stun II-A Melee tournament in North Haven CT-OCT 11th, 2008

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

But you played me with...ICs. In a friendly, I think.

Oh, ****. I just know you ***** me, HAT. And you took pity on me when MD/VA wanted to kill my *** for housing fail.

*EXITS THE THREAD.*

Smooth Criminal

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
you know, it's entirely possible there is more than one hat

there's an east coast meep and a west coast meep

this potential doppelganger hat and normal hat who we've all grown to know and love (although i haven't met him)

and as far as i know bizarro dazwa is a town in ukraine.

i really need sleep.

HAT

Smash Ace
dazwa speaks nonsense.

but yea, to my knowledge there is only one hat.

and ROFL husband is not going. husband has nothing to do with anything. it's me and wife.

and i might bring bowsertree and eevisu, but i don't know yet. we'll see.

i'm excited for this shiz. who all's going?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Are people really complaining about a venue fee? Hosting tournaments ****ing sucks a nut. POF, props to you for putting your house up for this, don't even listen to these idiots. Smashers disgust me, if I were in your situation I'd probably charge a $5 fee. People will always mess something up, and it's just a good cushion to have. I don't see 30 other people hopping out for a chance to use their own home as a venue, so **** them. What's the difference if it's someone house or a LAN center? I made like $400 off of pound 3, and if you don't like it, suck my ****. I spent 3 months of my life organizing that **** and spending 4 hours a day working for it. Seriously I can't stand smashers, they're so rude and do not even think about other people. Charge your slight little venue fee, and anyone who doesn't go is simply a disgrace to this planet. Nothing pisses me off more than that, and I really am a jew about my money. Just give credit where credit is due and be thankful, stop being greedy little pricks and pennypicking over a few dollars that someone wants to benefit just because they've spent their hard on time doing something to benefit YOU.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im seriously ****ing heated, i cant believe u guys right now. this thread has made me so mad, u guys have no respect for TO's.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Are people really complaining about a venue fee? Hosting tournaments ****ing sucks a nut. POF, props to you for putting your house up for this, don't even listen to these idiots. Smashers disgust me, if I were in your situation I'd probably charge a $5 fee. People will always mess something up, and it's just a good cushion to have. I don't see 30 other people hopping out for a chance to use their own home as a venue, so **** them. What's the difference if it's someone house or a LAN center? I made like $400 off of pound 3, and if you don't like it, suck my ****. I spent 3 months of my life organizing that **** and spending 4 hours a day working for it. Seriously I can't stand smashers, they're so rude and do not even think about other people. Charge your slight little venue fee, and anyone who doesn't go is simply a disgrace to this planet. Nothing pisses me off more than that, and I really am a jew about my money. Just give credit where credit is due and be thankful, stop being greedy little pricks and pennypicking over a few dollars that someone wants to benefit just because they've spent their hard on time doing something to benefit YOU.
Quoted for ****ing truth GOD DAM! .... and me and plank aren't even on good terms lmfaooo ... and apparantly cuz
Smashers disgust me

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dazwa-That is fine. You must enter something though.

MattDotZeb: I'm getting paid to run a tournament
MattDotZeb: I can't pass that up =(
MattDotZeb: I love the store (game universe) and I'm getting paid

Wait a sec.....Matts making profit from a tournament!!!! Stupid Matt.

I'm sorry guys but I'm honestly very bothered by the fact that some of you feel that having a venue fee is ridiculous considering its my own house.

You guys need to stop and think about all of this for one second- - -

The 14+ cars lined up in the street that other people driving by have to get around. (My street is decently tight.)

The Electricity used to power wiis, GCs, HDTV's, Standard TVS, ALL DAY LONG with lights on all rooms in my basement.

I'm providing each and everyone of you a place to meet up with people to play video games. I'm also providing a place for some of you to MAKE MONEY.

I need to take all of you to get food.

My venue fee is probably the cheapest you'll ever see.....EVER. Go pay Digital Mayhem a ten dollar entry fee. THAT SUCKS.

Stop being jewish and pay the two dollars.

I love all of you guys but seriously, stop making this such a big deal. Two dollars. Are you kidding me?

A majority of the people on here either accept or agree to the idea of a venue fee. Jam would DEFINITELY not stick up for me if he thought I was wrong with the idea of charging people two dollars. Having that being said I've decided that EVERYTHING is staying the EXACT SAME way I had it from the get go.

If some of you now decide not to go, you will be missed.

I'm sorry that this was such a big deal and that this had to take up a couple of pages.

I am not trying to sucker you for money. If that was the case, I'd charge you 5+ dollars.

I'm sorry for all the drama and constant changes everyone but it is now STAYING at TEN DOLLARS TO ENTER WITH THE TWO DOLLARS GOING TOWARDS A VENUE FEE. EIGHT DOLLARS WILL BE GOING TOWARDS THE POT. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS YOU WILL BE MISSED, SORRY.
The majority of this thread either agrees with me or has accepted the fact that there is a venue fee. Everything is staying the way it is and that is final. I look forward to meeting new faces and playing with loads of people and having fun. Those of you who will attend and give me crap about the fee while handing me the money, don't come.

I'm sorry im being such a **** right now but you guys need to get over the fact that you will be two dollars lighter.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol my b, I mean wife. Also plank, I agree with you completely, but this isn't the topic for it.
This is the topic in which people are complaining about a $2 venue fee, so I do think this is the topic I should write in. Granted I could make a whole topic on the disrespect TO's recieve, I don't feel like it right now.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
woop woop

hopefully i'll be coming, pof you think you could house me since matt isn't coming? @___@' replacements are nice.

this time i'll be prepared with sleeping st00f >___<

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm might bring my Super Nintendo with a few games like Turtles IV. Who wants to play with me lol? Oh yeah, who here thinks they know more about Super Mario RPG than me lol?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'd like to point out I really like how I argue the reasoning behind my logic well to the tournament host he see's what I'm saying a bunch of random *** maryland smashers come in and go wtf why you complaining LOL you all suck I hate smashers.

I guess I do too.

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, just wanted to post in here and tell you how awesome it is that you guys are running a Melee tourney. I would go, but I live in Georgia so I'm sticking with TGMT. Keep fighting the good fight. Melee is superior.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Gee, I'm sorry you guys find me so "disgusting." You're all missing the point completely.

I have no problem with paying ten... hell, twenty bucks for singles as long as I know it's all going to the players.

If my house was anywhere near big enough to host a decently sized tournament, I would gladly host one of my own and you can bet your nutsack I wouldn't try to make money off of it.

Garrett, what makes you think you're going to have to bring people to get food if there's going to be at least 14 other people there who drive like you're assuming?

I say again: People are driving hundreds of miles to attend this. For that matter, where do you think the setups you're counting on having to make this run smoothly are coming from? This is basically the equivalent of inviting people over to play Smash at your house and then charging them.

I haven't decided if I'm going to support this or not.

noodles

Smash Champion
i just love how a couple noteworthy players posted against the fee so he felt "pressured" to change it then a few other noteworthy players posted for him and he swicthed it back. just like wobbling. hey is green greens a cp yet?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Garrett, what makes you think you're going to have to bring people to get food if there's going to be at least 14 other people there who drive like you're assuming?

I say again: People are driving hundreds of miles to attend this. For that matter, where do you think the setups you're counting on having to make this run smoothly are coming from? This is basically the equivalent of inviting people over to play Smash at your house and then charging them.

I haven't decided if I'm going to support this or not.
Does everyone know where to get food in Hamden and North Haven CT? Probably not. My house is not on a main road where you can easily get on and off the highway (Most of you will be taking 91 to get here....not 15.)

No, its definitely not the same exact thing as hosting a smashfest. With a smashfest I just throw people places and say....go play guys. I'm in charge of distributing the earnings, organizing and seeding the tournament, cleaning up after everyone, etc.

Did you also think about my family by any means? No one in my family can use anything in the basement all day and my parents have to deal with the fact that there are 30+ people downstairs that they have no idea who they are or where they came from. Some of the money I'm getting is going to my parents....its not all MINE. I'm giving them some of the money for doing ME A FAVOR and letting people stay at my house all day and night to make noise and play video games. My family is going out of there way to do ME a FAVOR. Yes, it is MY CHOICE to host this but it is ALSO YOUR choice to decide to come or not. I'm not forcing you to attend.

I'm done with this, everyone stop talking about it.

Edit-

Noodles: No, sorry.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Green greens has to be a counterpick so I can kill them w/ knee at 40%. If Pakman drives to this WE'RE GOIN

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Smash tournaments are stressful as **** to run, this point is definitely true.
If someone wants to charge a venue fee that is up to them to do so. I don't particularly see anything wrong with it (seeing as this is $2). With the size of this tournament $2 is fine.

Not sure what the big deal is. Oh, and PoF don't say people can't find ****. A lot of smashers have gps/mapquest access.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
oh yeah haha true

In terms of Green Greens-On the day of the tourney we'll figure that out. Do plan on it being a counterpick....I'll probably allow it.

It is still up in the air though

Edit Mogwai-Do not visit her.

"You want to see Star Wars" "No Michael! You are weird!" (That 70's Show) haha that episode is top tier.

You want to play Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrugOZxeygE

noodles

Smash Champion
i just love how a couple noteworthy players posted against the fee so he felt "pressured" to change it then a few other noteworthy players posted for him and he swicthed it back. just like wobbling. hey is green greens a cp yet?
Yeah i'm at whatever at this point. Can Green Greens be a counter pick yet?
Green greens has to be a counterpick so I can kill them w/ knee at 40%. If Pakman drives to this WE'RE GOIN
oh yeah haha true

In terms of Green Greens-On the day of the tourney we'll figure that out. Do plan on it being a counterpick....I'll probably allow it.

It is still up in the air though
see what i did there? anyways i probably wont be coming so idc

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I would like to have GG as a counterpick. It would be nice to have a stage where Peach doesn't ****.

Spife

Smash Master
I for one am going to weigh in on this green greens nonsense. I have hosted a tournament, and it wasn't so bad. granted it was at school and i had atleast on other person helping and only like 10 people showed up. I didn't charge a venue fee cause I didn't have to pay the venue though. I hate green green but wont be banning it. I swear to god if you take me there I"ll bring you to temple or pokefloats or just plain kill you.

So in closing, I don't mind the venue fee but PoF, get a trash can downstairs dood so we cantake care of our own trash. It was rediculous last time that you had to do it yourself. And I'd host a tourny at myhouse if it were big enough, I could do 5-10 people but no one lives in North Western mass let alone drive there.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I would like to have GG as a counterpick. It would be nice to have a stage where Peach doesn't ****.
That's every stage.

Every time I've seen a match on Green Greens it went to like 7.5 minutes. Granted, most of them were in Jersey and they play mad gay, but still (GOD I HATE BRAWL IT'S NOTHING BUT CAMPING).

Esticle stage list is the only one I've seen that I agree with 100%.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
^ you went from

to

once the more known players posted for it.
You really need to stop. What im saying/standing for has nothing to do with what the "good players say." I'm trying to please a majority of the people...even if a bunch of "Smash Noobs" started saying, "Lets do Green Greens...I like that stage" You can bet your *** that i'd change it to having Green Greens. I'm listening to what a majority of the people want/expect in terms of ruleset and such. I'm new to hosting tournies seeing as this is my second one. Get off my sac please. I'm doing the best I can.

noodles

Smash Champion
edit: ignore, i accidently posted by accident >.>

edit2: screw it *gets off sack

Top Bottom