• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Live Hit Stun II-A Melee tournament in North Haven CT-OCT 11th, 2008

Skler

Smash Master
Me staying depends on the people I give rides being tired or not. I shall open a dialogue with those fellows about housing.

I do want to cuddle with kevinM while watching the third pokemon movie (we've always watched one whenever we slept together).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevinM and Joey actually, we usually come as pairs. It's ok we can cuddle

CAUSE I SUCK ****

edit: it's questionable on whether Joey has to work or not, but we can even stay in the car if need be.. we've done it before

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Can we get a rule change on wobbling? I would like to see it legal, but don't leave it up to both players. That's essentially a ban, since no one in their right mind is going to agree to give their opponent an advantage.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So let me get this straight:
0-death Marth chaingrab on Fox/Falco? Okay.
Shine spikes? Okay.
Sheik chaingrab? Okay.
Ken combo? Okay.
Wobbling? NO GAY

Makes sense to me. At the very least, just outright ban it, because the rule as written is so absurd as to be insulting.

About teaming, I'm still not sure if I can go to this yet, since I haven't gotten my work schedule yet. So don't count on me as a teammate just yet, keep shopping around.

Spife

Smash Master
Jam...all that stuff is easy to do. Playing to win is one thing, Playing to win easilly is another. Man just pick up sheik and down throw -> regrab half the cast. Take it from me, I main Link, and every time I play as Sheik (who has the triforce piece of *****, it's the middle piece), I chain grab my *** off.

And KevinM, I can't believe you're willing to cuddle with two people you've probably know all your life (you skler and joey were womb-mates) but not some one you just met like last month. Wtf man, wtf.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Jam...all that stuff is easy to do. Playing to win is one thing, Playing to win easilly is another. Man just pick up sheik and down throw -> regrab half the cast. Take it from me, I main Link, and every time I play as Sheik (who has the triforce piece of *****, it's the middle piece), I chain grab my *** off.
So what exactly is your point?

Spife

Smash Master
Spife-Good stuff! Yay! Link VS YL MM and friendlies all night. I never fight Link and need to get use to projectile spam
Double posty cause i just saw this: I don't projectile spam any more XD I could throw you a spammy Link but I've moved past that to "trying-to-be-fast-like-GERM" link. After I've had my fun/learned better, I'll move to "win-like-skler-link" and then finally to the goal of all link mains, "****-like-aniki" link. I will be proud.

But in all seriousness I'll throw projectile spam just not all night, can't revert to old habits.

I don't know if I'm roman's ride either -_- we havent' talked about it and he's scarce as of late. I'll text him tonight

Spife

Smash Master
So what exactly is your point?
That I poorly point out the irony in that the difficulties to desync and then alternate hits is much muhc greater then downthrow regrab. I'd rather shake my head at being wobbled then ask why I'm getting chain grabbed when sheik's entire move set can **** Link. But that's just me.

Aesir

Smash Master
Lol wait...

Wobbling banned?

scruuuuuuuub

it's not even that gay LOL, if you like honestly get 4 stocked by it you suck. It's hard to avoid yeah but so are a lot of things, it just takes practice to avoid wobbling, I see it no differently then shine spiking.

Alukard

Smash Hero
wobbling should b banned

end of story ... theres different DI for those CG's to work

Aesir

Smash Master
No Johns..

Wobbling isn't that bad..=\

I wish people would get over the whole 0-death thing because it isn't 0-death and it's completely avoidable if you know what you're doing.

It's like saying "LETS BAN SHINE SPIKES"

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
YourStillxWithMe: Should I allow wobbling at my tournament?
"P.C Chris": i dunno your tournament lol
"P.C Chris": most tournaments do tho
YourStillxWithMe: Really?
"P.C Chris": i think so
YourStillxWithMe: I'm debating if I want to do it....some people wnat me to..some dont
"P.C Chris": yeah i don't mind it

YourStillxWithMe: Should I allow wobbling at my tourney?
"SleepyK": nah
"SleepyK": wobbling is ghey
YourStillxWithMe: I'm 50-50 on it
"SleepyK": well it's like
"SleepyK": dedede's guaranteed chaingrab
"SleepyK": with ice climbers
"SleepyK": or falco's
"SleepyK": in barlw
YourStillxWithMe: True
"SleepyK": OH GRAB = DEATH?
"SleepyK": that's my opinion

"Ike Challenger": hmmm i'd say no
"Ike Challenger": one grab and GG to ur stock..tho it does take skill so i can see the arguement

lightxdream: prince of fire?
YourStillxWithMe: yup
lightxdream: uh
lightxdream: up to u
YourStillxWithMe: what are your personal views on it?
lightxdream: personally
lightxdream: it is a situational attack
lightxdream: and only goes to a certain % right?
YourStillxWithMe: yes
lightxdream: allow it
lightxdream: how many IC can do it properly

YourStillxWithMe: Should I allow Wobbing at my tournament?
"Paul (Cort)": wobbling is not as gay as fox is

I'm sorry guys....but the people on my AIM buddy list have spoken....it is allowed.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Food and Drink:
I will not be feeding 25+ people....this is not a party. Please bring your own food, beverages, etc and CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! I'm not your maid. There is plenty of fast food in the area that you can pickup on your way here or whatever.
I hope you guys understand this.

I do not run a buffet in my house....please plan accordingly. I have a tourney to run and a basement to clean up and take care of.

I will be making ONE food run to get you guys food during the tourney....probably fast food. At no other time will I be offering you guys food or anything of the sort. Most of you do not know the area so I will make one run for everyone. After that, your hunger is your problem.

This does not pertain to the people being housed by me though. We'll get plenty of foods and stuffs.

Spife

Smash Master
We need to play again. I like fighting Links, they're so cool.
<3 it comes with playing low tier. I fully except that near everything will **** me harder then I'll ever **** it back. We do need to play again, I hope we meet in tournament buddy. I wish you were still having those weeklies cause my last class on wednesday ends before 12 :O. But I'll bring a GGXX:AC set up if PoF will allow it too.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
PB and/or J we should mm, I play Link and you love playing Links.
Depends on how broke I am that day. Oh what the hell, let it ride! Seriously though, how much the match is for depends on how broke I am that day.

Banks

Smash Hero
the thing about wobbling is, i bet no one coming to this will do it more than once the whole tournament, IF that. who the **** plays IC's anyway

(ironcheif isn't coming to this lmaoo)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Roman-Sure, no problem.

Updated housing list

-KevinM
-Mattdotzeb
-Spife
-Roman

Skler? Banks? Th0rn?

If those three say no...I have room for one more person. The three of them will be allowed to stay because they are a crew.

Heres how we solve the Ice Climbers wobbling issue guys- - -

Peach

I'm going to Wobble my own Nana
I was there for that!!!

Top Bottom