• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Live Hit Stun II-A Melee tournament in North Haven CT-OCT 11th, 2008

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hey guys!
It's time for Long Live Hit Stun 2!!!!!

I'm sorry for all the drama and constant changes everyone but it is now STAYING at TEN DOLLARS TO ENTER WITH THE TWO DOLLARS GOING TOWARDS A VENUE FEE. EIGHT DOLLARS WILL BE GOING TOWARDS THE POT. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS YOU WILL BE MISSED, SORRY.

12 Dogwood Road
North Haven, CT 06473 (My house, its big enough.) YUM

Parking:
I drive a Black Subaru....it will be in the street. Park on the same side of my car but make sure you leave enough room for cars to pass your vehicle.

Food and Drink:
THE FOOD PLAN IS AS FOLLOWS---------------

AFTER DOUBLES IS COMPLETED WE WILL ALL BE GOING OUT TO GET FOOD IN HAMDEN. IT WILL TAKE US NO MORE THAN 5 MINS TO GET TO A WENDYS, BK, AND MCDONALDS WHICH ARE ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE. WE WILL SET A TIME TO MEET BACK AT BURGER KING AND THEN HEAD ON BACK TO MY PLACE TO BEGIN SINGLES.

THOSE OF YOU STAYING THE NIGHT-WE WILL DO WHATEVER WE FEEL LIKE DOING AT NIGHT. YUM
Events:

Melee Doubles

Followed By...

Melee Singles

Rule Set:

Neutral stages- - -
(will be on random select):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (Banned For Doubles)
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks- - -

Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Brinstar
Mute City
Poke Floats
Green Greens (This will be discussed before the tournament begins)

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you.
- No controller mods allowed aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons allowed.
- No pausing during a match....also, please have respect for your opponent and do not do answer your phone, text, blast your iPOD, etc.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach’s wall bomber, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 3 minutes...to keep things running smoothly.

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit.
- All Items are OFF.
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing the stage has already won on that stage, unless both players agree to use that stage.
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate two of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Double blind character pick (may be called for the first game): A double blind pick is when each player secretly tells a neutral third-party what character they will use. The third party then announces the character choices, and the players must stick with their character choices.
- Advanced Slob Picks (for the second or later game in a set): For a given game, the loser of the previous game may either choose the next stage or elect to go to a random stage. The winner of the previous game may then either change character, or stay as their current character. The loser may then either change character, or stay as their current character.
-Wobbling is allowed

Entry:

Registration-

$8.00 Singles
$16.00 Doubles

Please be aware that if you are attending this event you will need to give me TEN DOLLARS in some form whether its for singles or doubles. If you choose to NOT enter singles that is fine but you MUST enter doubles then. Basically; if you are attending, you need to enter one event at minimum.

Registration will begin at 11:00AM and end at 1:00PM. The tournament will begin at 1:00pm PROMPTLY (No cell phone calls saying, "I'm almost there!"...if you are not there....you can not enter, sorry.) and if all goes well (probably wont ) I expect things to end at around 9, or 9:30.

Housing:

I am now pretty much full for the number of people I can house. HAT-If you find more people from your area that are coming with you you've got a 1-3 more person minimum...so do not go crazy unless they can find other housing in the area. If anyone else can house...please post and I will edit this post.

I will be housing- - - - -

KevinM
Spife
Skler
Th0rn
Banks
Dazwa
Darc
Boxman
HAT
Roman
and like 2 other people I forgot.

Prizes:

The earnings will go as follows for both Doubles and Singles:

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Setups:

Bring what you can bring.....no joke. If you can bring a complete setup...please just do it. Make sure you know what you brought and make sure you keep track of your own stuff.

So yeah, let me know if you can make it and I hope to see you guys again! Last time was very fun and full of laughs and fast food runs and hopefully it will be BETTER this time.

-Prince of Fire

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
****, this is one of the few upcoming Saturdays that I probably can't make it. I have plans that day but I'll see about coming later for friendlies.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I never played melee in my life haha, I kind of want to go though

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I'm really going to try and make it to this one. Of course, I say that every time, but let's see what happens.

_V_

Smash Ace
I have break...I may be there...don't count on it though. I am lazy >.>

Plus, I may head up to Boston during the break, we shall see!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna vs. Double Dragons? Eyyyy the Murt Murhs!!!!!! We should be coming to this one again, first one was a good time.

Spife

Smash Master
I wanna rub your *****.
I was hesitent...but now I'm going. And the gay thing is a plus.

you can't feed 25 people? try 10 lol

And yeah, i"m coming cause you mentioned me in the first post. I still only have 3 screens and probably less set ups because most of my freinds have left (read: 2 cubes max).

Jam Stunna you really should stop space and time to go to this, we need to play more.

I might be changin my name to Skler Jr...or something else matt.zeb came up with, just kidding but seriously

EDIT: NEED MORE MOTHER ****ING MURT MURHS

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
No Green Greens?='(
No, the sides are incredibly short making KOS extremely quick, vertically KOing someone is not difficult, (A fox uair around 90 should do it...gay) the exploding blocks, the apple items, nd sometimes the blocks spike you. The level is banned.

Anyone wanna vs. Double Dragons? Eyyyy the Murt Murhs!!!!!! We should be coming to this one again, first one was a good time.
I was hesitent...but now I'm going. And the gay thing is a plus.

you can't feed 25 people? try 10 lol

And yeah, i"m coming cause you mentioned me in the first post. I still only have 3 screens and probably less set ups because most of my freinds have left (read: 2 cubes max).

Jam Stunna you really should stop space and time to go to this, we need to play more.

I might be changin my name to Skler Jr...or something else matt.zeb came up with, just kidding but seriously

EDIT: NEED MORE MOTHER ****ING MURT MURHS
Good **** guys. Please bring whatever you can for setups....its pretty crucial.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
At PoF it's pretty much a definite. Especially since I want to play with Phish-It, and then play some melee with him.

PoF MM?
NoodlesMM?
Trademark MM?
Aesir MM?
Phish MM?
.Gay MM?
Spyfe MM?

Yayyyy

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
No, the sides are incredibly short making KOS extremely quick, vertically KOing someone is not difficult, (A fox uair around 90 should do it...gay) the exploding blocks, the apple items, nd sometimes the blocks spike you. The level is banned.
lol, 90? seriously? if you're Marth, you're lucky to live a uair at 70 on that stage. Peach and Jiggs, it's like 50-60 range when you die.

In all seriousness though, it shouldn't be banned, it serves a very important purpose on the counterpick list and that's to give spacies another stage in addition to Corneria to CP Jiggs and Peach on. Jiggs and Peach have brinstar + mute city, so even with a ban, if they know both stages, they will be able to gay the spacie on their counterpick, so it's only fair that the spacie has the same situation (without having to resort to a 7 minute campfest on Floats or Cruise).

Top Bottom