• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm bringing my wii with codes btw.

Anaky give me the replays from the other tourney u.u ( I dunno how I do it but more than half of my good sets always are played on wiis without codes or just not uploaded T.T)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
This is prolly gonna be my last tournament for quite awhile so im gonna travel light for once. I bring my wii every single tourney and also my laptop, i cba to take my suitcase this time, ive done so much for the Brawl side of the community so its time i got a break.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, you monglers can confirm me for bringing a setup, It is not hacked unless miller helps me do it while i'm staying at his. But jesus christ you owe me, it came to america with me when i full well knew it wouldnt work over here XD

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Well if you'd like to team with me, then I'd be more than happy to. :p I'm a pretty good player if I say so myself (no ego, lol) even if I am unknown.
That's cool Flamekid :)
But like I said to Luigimitsu, I suggest we play some games first to see if we could do good ;D
Also, what character do you play ? :o
I'm not closed to other offers in parallel tho :D

PS : Anaky let's money match, my MK vs your Marth idk how much
And are Kaspr, Calzorz and Ramin confirmed 100% yet ? I would like MM them too, even if I'm free :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This is prolly gonna be my last tournament for quite awhile so im gonna travel light for once. I bring my wii every single tourney and also my laptop, i cba to take my suitcase this time, ive done so much for the Brawl side of the community so its time i got a break.
You don't need a suitcase to carry a wii, it's a small rectangluar device, don't be gay when you know that you have a recording setup, we are making a big effort to get TV's to get as much set ups as possible, we need everyone to bring their Wii's & Gamecubes otherwise we have made a big effort for nothing and there will be spare TV's sitting there, and all because you don't want to carry your wii.

Oh yeah, you monglers can confirm me for bringing a setup, It is not hacked unless miller helps me do it while i'm staying at his. But jesus christ you owe me, it came to america with me when i full well knew it wouldnt work over here XD
I know you're gonna be smashed out from Apex, but you can join in with the hype and hopefully **** a few people you weren't able to before and then look at them and say

'Awww yeah, dat Apex practice'

And are Kaspr, Calzorz and Ramin confirmed 100% yet ? I would like MM them too, even if I'm free :D
Kasper and Calzorz are confirmed for this event :)
Not too sure about Ramin though.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Ahh I haven't been played brawl for ages, but I'm still going to come hopefully
I hope you do, I'll be looking for ways to improve my own Game & Watch.

Also MM? Either Pit vs. Gnw or GnW ditto!

MM? It's the best way to decide whether I actually owe you anything or, in fact, you owe me! :-D

I can bring my wii with codes if it's needed: )
Cool man, the more Wii's the better!

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Tl;dr Headline: STILL LOOKING FOR A TEAMS PARTNER - PREFERABLY SOMEONE I'VE PLAYED WITH BEFORE
Who're J3ly and Edwin teaming with? Either of you guys wanna team?

You're not teaming with VA?
He's teaming with Beast - who is looking f-ing smooth btw, I'd be concerned playing him myself now.

I'd be up for teaming if you want.
Would rather play with someone I've played with before. I've never actually even seen you play I don't think. Might take you up on the offer there though if we get some practice games in first, and you're not teaming with anyone else.

Swizzy, you have to be home from morning if you want to house FortuneCookie on the Friday, he is going to be sleeping at Alpha Dash's on Thursday and he has to leave for work in the morning :)
Ah damn - didn't know this. FortuneCookie, if you want to stay at mine you're welcome, but you may need to chill in Central or something until I'm done with work. I'm working super hard this week so may be able to leave early on friday, but won't be before 1:30pm at the earliest as I have a meeting.

Thanks swizzz will be good to practice with u again :). Where do u live? Im also already teaming with my brosef shiftingshadows sry man.[/size]
2 tube stations near my house - Oval and Stockwell. It's in Zone 2, just south of the river. Will PM you my phone number so you can get in contact if you want to stay, despite me not being home in the morning. There is loads of fun stuff to keep you occupied in London if that helps. There's a Namco station near where I'll be working on Friday you can chill in and meet me from work. Staying at mine will do your doubles practice wonders!

No worry about the team partners - didn't realise SS was coming. Keep dat loyalty!

Be cool to see you again man, it's been years haha.
Yeah buddy - long time! Let's make sure we get some friendlies in.

The top players all have confirmed team partners so I don't think you will be able to team with them :ohwell:

There's a decent ganon player called Swizzy who is coming
I've come top 4 in singles at my last 2 UK tournaments, and top 2 in doubles... Including beating Edwin in singles, and you and Jolteon/Charles in doubles. When do I get classed as a top player ;)

cong

Smash Journeyman
That's cool Flamekid :)
But like I said to Luigimitsu, I suggest we play some games first to see if we could do good ;D
Also, what character do you play ? :o
I'm not closed to other offers in parallel tho :D

PS : Anaky let's money match, my MK vs your Marth idk how much
Atney mk main :o? ill mm you with my diddy £3/2/1 (dont matter) bo3 if your up for it

Yo Yami, can i get a mm with you too bo3 £3/2/1 (dont matter) my diddy vs your peach

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Finally here! Worst jet lag ever. Did not sleep on whole 15hr trip.

So I would like to do a quick Project: M bracket with the top 8 from this tourney (or the top 7 and myself if I am not in the top 8) and stream it, do you think we could find time for that after the tourney?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol mike me and charles used to be a bad team <_< even tamoo+lj beat us back then. you are good at doubles though i'm surprised that you're not teaming with robby

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Yeah - he's never teamed with Beast before so now it's their time to shine. Beast is really good in teams too.
I'm interested to see how they do - although I would've liked to see how me and VA did against the internationals.

And I'm talking about when me and J3ly beat you and Prof ;)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I played project M 2 weeks ago at a tourney and it was quite fun, might try to have a couple of matches with someone thats good at it to see how it goes.

Jolteon

oh loool, sorry I've been reading everything wrong today. I bet if we played vs you now though we would win. ;) Also I haven't really been impressed by Beast's performance in teams but I have to admit that his whole game at LGC looked much more solid/sharp and really impressed me, so I'm hoping he's also improved dramatically at teams (since I haven't seen him play teams in a long time). :)

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Well if J3ly is coming and not teaming with anyone yet then we may get a rematch ;)
Would be an interesting match I think.

Jolteon

I team with Charles now not Prof!

But I wouldn't mind doing a money match o,o

monty06

Smash Ace
i havent got doubles partner either i aint got bad record in doubles but last time i played doubles was ph2 and was 5th with cheese. if everyone posts who hasnt got partner we all should play few games see whos best wiv who and enter that way

L-J

Smash Ace
lol mike me and charles used to be a bad team <_< even tamoo+lj beat us back then. you are good at doubles though i'm surprised that you're not teaming with robby
Lol, the 'even' is kinda unnecessary - we've proven ourselves to be one of the best teams in the UK in the last 6 months, and that time we beat you and Charles was only 3 months ago. You make it sound like ancient history! Needless to say we will be out there to prove we are still top. Doubles should have some strong competition this tournament which will be fun :)

Jolteon

Lol, the 'even' is kinda unnecessary - we've proven ourselves to be one of the best teams in the UK in the last 6 months, and that time we beat you and Charles was only 3 months ago. You make it sound like ancient history! Needless to say we will be out there to prove we are still top. Doubles should have some strong competition this tournament which will be fun :)
Money match? ;)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Would rather play with someone I've played with before. I've never actually even seen you play I don't think. Might take you up on the offer there though if we get some practice games in first, and you're not teaming with anyone else.
You played against me when I still sucked (more than I do now), but I think that's it. I'm heading to the venue nice and early to warm up well, so if you get there early as well, I'd be more than happy to sort out standard teams stuff (prefer if I hold people for you to hit or throw them at you etc).

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
because it was ancient history, gl beating falco + sheik lol

Id put down £20 if you're game

VA

Smash Hero
oh loool, sorry I've been reading everything wrong today. I bet if we played vs you now though we would win. ;) Also I haven't really been impressed by Beast's performance in teams but I have to admit that his whole game at LGC looked much more solid/sharp and really impressed me, so I'm hoping he's also improved dramatically at teams (since I haven't seen him play teams in a long time). :)
Beast and Brado got 4th at the tournament you and Prof got 3rd, they took a game of Swizzy and J3ly (a good year ago now).

Also I remember playing against him and a random swedish player when I teamed with Charles at the tournament Beast and it was really difficult. He was sort of ****** charles, btu he was beating Nizro (who beat me in tournament) in friendlies and went close with Pamaro in pools so he was just getting off on Falcon's that tournament.

The guy is good and was unfairly cheated out of pools at Gaming Con because PMS is a cheating little ****.

Jolteon

Beast and Brado got 4th at the tournament you and Prof got 3rd, they took a game of Swizzy and J3ly (a good year ago now).

Also I remember playing against him and a random swedish player when I teamed with Charles at the tournament Beast and it was really difficult. He was sort of ****** charles, btu he was beating Nizro (who beat me in tournament) in friendlies and went close with Pamaro in pools so he was just getting off on Falcon's that tournament.

The guy is good and was unfairly cheated out of pools at Gaming Con because PMS is a cheating little ****.
That's pretty good actually. The last time I remember playing him in doubles though was when Charles and I were around your house so that's mainly what I remember. He does look like he's improved loads though so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

VA

Smash Hero
That's pretty good actually. The last time I remember playing him in doubles though was when Charles and I were around your house so that's mainly what I remember. He does look like he's improved loads though so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.
He's good.

VA

Smash Hero
What are you talking about...this is all wrong.

Anyway Peef, come visit brighton etc. I'll message you about it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I traditionally hate beer but this cider is quite good. I have yet to taste any liqour here.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Would be really good if could bring your wii lol :)

I've come top 4 in singles at my last 2 UK tournaments, and top 2 in doubles... Including beating Edwin in singles, and you and Jolteon/Charles in doubles. When do I get classed as a top player ;)
I haven't seen you beat anyone recently though who is an established player in the UK like Jolteon, J3ly, Unreal etc and I don't even call them Top Players lol...Edwin was like 2010 or early 2011.
I don't really look too highly at the Brighton event because there wasn't a lot of good people there and the best person I saw you beat was Crystalnite

And beating a team in doubles doesn't earn your right as a Top player, LJ and Tamoo beat Fuzz and Jolteon and no-one called them Top Players afterwards (no offence guys lol)

Finally here! Worst jet lag ever. Did not sleep on whole 15hr trip.

So I would like to do a quick Project: M bracket with the top 8 from this tourney (or the top 7 and myself if I am not in the top 8) and stream it, do you think we could find time for that after the tourney?
I don't know if we will have time afterwards you know, we are meant to be doing Crew Battles after the tournament so we will just have to see on the day if this is do-able, but hopefully it is.

Well if J3ly is coming and not teaming with anyone yet then we may get a rematch ;)
Would be an interesting match I think.
LOL MM???
We are both teaming with different people but we can still get that **** in

How was cheated my PMS in pools lol???

I traditionally hate beer but this cider is quite good. I have yet to taste any liqour here.

VA

Smash Hero
Would be really good if could bring your wii lol :)

I haven't seen you beat anyone recently though who is an established player in the UK like Jolteon, J3ly, Unreal etc and I don't even call them Top Players lol...Edwin was like 2010 or early 2011.
I don't really look too highly at the Brighton event because there wasn't a lot of good people there and the best person I saw you beat was Crystalnite

And beating a team in doubles doesn't earn your right as a Top player, LJ and Tamoo beat Fuzz and Jolteon and no-one called them Top Players afterwards (no offence guys lol)

How was cheated my PMS in pools lol???
Swizzy beat Jolteon at the Brighton event. He's also faced him in pretty much every tournament and always wins. He also beat crystalnite and AmcD. Only Tamoo has ever beaten Edwin in the past and Edwin told me he didn't even care about that. He lost 3-1 to Swizzy and I'm pretty certain Swizz would do it again.

PMS lost to Beast and would definitely have gone out in pools if he hadn't have got Unreal to fake a loss against him. Obviously there's nothing that can be done, Beast was pissed off at the time but being a nice guy didn't really do anything about it, just went off and played street fighter. I know this happened for a fact and I don't think this kind of thing is acceptable at all and will be keeping a close watch over matches where this could happen, it's massively bull****.

Top Bottom