• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Hao

Smash Journeyman
but i is teh suckzor, ask anyone in the community
I like how even you signature claims you are D-dizz, yet you still say that it "isn't your name".

Looking forward to seeing everybody (well, the people I've met before which isn't too many haha) again, y'all gonna get ****ed.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Btw unable to make this now :( gd luck with the tournament im sure it will go well and hope there will be another one.
REALLY...That's upsetting, really wanted you to come...why you breaking my heart for???

You better be at LAC, that was the place you witness me losing to Charles and that shall me the place you witness me destroying him.

And you need that X1-12 justice do you not?

@prof
anyone who reads ur signature is going to disagree with u. :confused:
LOL I actually forget that that's there, I think im going to change it soon to say something new and more offensive which cuts deeper into the emotions of the smash community

Sure, £1.

Cause I dont know how these 'single-day-events' exactly work: How early do people usually arrive (in relation to the signups)?
Don't quote Alpha Dash on what he said cos I think he didn't realize it but...

So get there at 12 or slightly earlier and you should be fine.

THERE'S NO HARM IN GETTING THERE SLIGHTLY EARLY GUYS, however there definitely is harm in getting there late

Put all the m&m gamers in my pool ill take em all out ;)

:phone:
I laugh if one of the M & M Gamers take you out lol, I know that Sodium Chloride content in your diet will rise...also 2 of the M & M Gamers have beat Hoe4u and 1 of them Pafos...I know you're scared by me saying that and reconsidering your approach to them

yeah prof that sounds fun. Im here for 5+ months
Sick :)

I think you will be around for 2 and maybe 3 if you're lucky tournament in that space of time, but numerous number of smashfests will be done, since we def won't be playing 2-3 times in the 5 months which you are here lol

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
@ VA easy tiger, why you hating so much your going on about it like its a regularly occurrence. Its not like it was a national or something, did you see the area we were playing in. I felt like caged cattle, so yea wasn't taking it to seriously. That being said I don't believe what I did was right and I felt pretty bad after, I apologised straight away cos he was watching the game and offered to buy him a drink.

Besides that I'm yet to lose to unreal in tourney so even if we did play it out, it might have ended up the same way. This could be resolved by not putting crew members in the same group which ive found happens to me at every tourney. Shoutouts to unreal you da man btw.

If you wanna say something feel free too, but dont run off like a girl and shout about it behind my back. Take it up with me, we'll smoke a lil zut and talk it out =p.

@ Beast: I feel like I need to do what every high profile celebrity has to do at some point in their life, make a public apology.

Yo man I'm sorry, it weren't nothing personal. I ain't got a vendetta against you to destroy your smash career or anything. It could have been anyone to be fair. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you let me no, as long as it isnt to ridiculous.

@ KI7: I'll take one of those who do you use? Hope to see you at some pre tourney jam.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know it was just that crew love that made you do that so I can kinda understand, it is kinda gay at the end of the day and I think you shouldn't have done it and that you shouldn't of been in the same pool as your crew member to begin with but it's done now...I will make sure at Out of Con'Trolls there is a good seperation cos I want everyone to play new people and have a good time.

gm jack

Smash Lord
The trouble is our community is so small that spreading out crews is nearly impossible, without making some people play the same people every other tournament.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Wow the venue sure opens late, here we force people to wake up waaay sooner. Can we go earlier for friendlies or will it be closed?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
PROF JUST NOTICED SOMETHING. Edit your 1st post it says 12am when it should say 12pm or 12.00 Noon.

@Marcbri People would still consider 12pm as early. What time do you guys usually start your tournaments?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Yo guys anyone wanna hit a cool club on sunday? =D
What Kind of music you into? Saturdays are pretty good in Croydon (Literally 1 minute walk away from the OOC Venue) But Saturday would be kind of cutting it thin for you seeing as your going to be housed by AC Saturday night and your going to have bags and all that with you.

I not too sure where good places are on a Sunday night.

I laugh if one of the M & M Gamers take you out lol, I know that Sodium Chloride content in your diet will rise...also 2 of the M & M Gamers have beat Hoe4u and 1 of them Pafos...I know you're scared by me saying that and reconsidering your approach to them
I would Laugh if he got beaten by Blizz. I so want that to happen! lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
PROF JUST NOTICED SOMETHING. Edit your 1st post it says 12am when it should say 12pm or 12.00 Noon.

@Marcbri People would still consider 12pm as early. What time do you guys usually start your tournaments?
It's not that early, it's the time we have rented the place out for, no point in starting later, but need to get there early

Wow the venue sure opens late, here we force people to wake up waaay sooner. Can we go earlier for friendlies or will it be closed?
Yes there will definitely be time to play friendlies, all the TV's will be setup in the venue when people are walking in there, so if people set up their Wii's and GC then you definitely will, if you arrive late YOU WON'T GET TOO PLAY FRIENDLIES

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Iono usual club music (techno, house, trance etc) but íf something is gonna happen it should be planned while we are there.

Yo so i gonna need to play friendlies and **** like crazy cause i havent touched either game in a while !_!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
It's not that early, it's the time we have rented the place out for, no point in starting later, but need to get there early
[/B]
YOU FOOL! 12am is night time, 12PM is day time! Check your first post! I know what I'm talking about.

Iono usual club music (techno, house, trance etc) but íf something is gonna happen it should be planned while we are there.

Yo so i gonna need to play friendlies and **** like crazy cause i havent touched either game in a while !_!
Then There are a few places in Croydon I know of.

http://www.facebook.com/tigercroydon
http://www.facebook.com/rehabcroydon

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
BTW, our bus arrives at Victoria Coach Station at 21:20 on friday. What do we do from there? IIRC we'll be housed by ADash?

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Professor Pro; said:
I don't rate hoe and last time I played Pafos I nearly won a set with Falcon (thanks ddiz -.-)

If I lose to them, cool. This is my first tournament in 18months where I'll have real competition, so they should have a lot more exp than me right now cuz im rusty as **** and dont really know how i compare to everyone else (johns)

And if you and alpha dash are getting ***** by Brado and beat most people at the m&m tourneys then i aint worried at all LOL

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Yeah, Most people, I'm not saying the whole of M and M games are going to make it into bracket, I'm saying the good players (ones who place top at M and M) are underrated even though people have not even seen them play. You said yourself Sol64 has potential - hes not a top player from M and M, I just think people shouldn't go in a match against any of them with the "This is free" mentality.

I'm also on defence for them because not only did I introduce them to the scene, but I also think at a time where you should be thinking "I'm going to try and place top 5" or "I'm gonna take out the European players" people are like "I'm gonna MM all of the M and M gamers, they all suck" - And this I mainly hear from Willz (Global Gaming), Kyoshi and Shay. Few others have said it but You lot are the main ones...

It doesn't reflect well on our community does it?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

Most of the times TOs get there at 9 or so, and at 11 we start so we have enough time, but we don't usually have as many tvs as you have for this event though xD

VA

Smash Hero
@ VA easy tiger, why you hating so much your going on about it like its a regularly occurrence. Its not like it was a national or something, did you see the area we were playing in. I felt like caged cattle, so yea wasn't taking it to seriously. That being said I don't believe what I did was right and I felt pretty bad after, I apologised straight away cos he was watching the game and offered to buy him a drink.

Besides that I'm yet to lose to unreal in tourney so even if we did play it out, it might have ended up the same way. This could be resolved by not putting crew members in the same group which ive found happens to me at every tourney. Shoutouts to unreal you da man btw.

If you wanna say something feel free too, but dont run off like a girl and shout about it behind my back. Take it up with me, we'll smoke a lil zut and talk it out =p.

@ Beast: I feel like I need to do what every high profile celebrity has to do at some point in their life, make a public apology.

Yo man I'm sorry, it weren't nothing personal. I ain't got a vendetta against you to destroy your smash career or anything. It could have been anyone to be fair. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you let me no, as long as it isnt to ridiculous.
Whatever dude, play the game you want to play it. It's just sad. My crew would never do something like this.

VA

Smash Hero
smashboards becomes so depressing when VA posts :(

Well I'm over the thing of someone cheating in tournament and getting away with it. Just thought I'd say something rather than nothing because in future this needs to be avoided. Also PMS should not be seeded above Beast based on last results and Beast beat him and he should have got out of pools.

Just saying :smirk:

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I'm also sorry for that VA & Beast, i felt really guilty afterwards which kind of affected my own tournament perfomance. I definetly wont do that again.

VA

Smash Hero
It's cool bro. As I said I'm over it. I just think you guys should try to win off your merit and accept defeat when it comes your way.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What's done is done, they apologized, it won't happen again, everyone moves on and concentrates on ****** the European and getting that UK community love, we will ALL be standing behind each other when a fellow UK player is playing a filthy Swedish rival and be cheering them on :)

Top Bottom