• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Again, need a teammate:

Will 1pound-MM anything that isnt top 5.
Im a quite fast improving Fox main. Probably something like top 25 in Germany of active players, haha.
So anyone need a teammate? Dont give a **** how good you are, just be a cool guy.

Melee btw, lol.

Kk, Fox.
:cool:
I need a teammate

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Fuzzyness, myself, and the Irish guys are streaming now.

www.twitch.tv/peefsmash

Repost for top of page glory.

EDIT: We will be fully promoted on twitch.tv and justin.tv (front page) from 1-3, so we better do something cool during that. Could we do singles pools during this time?? I don't want them to see nothing but doubles matches... (BTW this is the best time I could get)

gm jack

Smash Lord
I'm still looking for a team mate, preferably one who is also aiming to place pretty high, but at this point, anyone still looking for a partner good.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Probably won't have internet if/when we run into problems, using the wifi on the bus.
But it's not like I don't have travelling experience... we will make it, sooner or later =).

BTW, Jack wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it, so we are only 5.

-Legit-

Smash Rookie
first offline in 2 years 0-0 good **** everyone who played me i thought i did well considering the rust :p shout outs to hoe4u shay lesyd flame monkey kong ect good games

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from London, lil bit tired but it's shoutoutd time, LEGGO :
- to TUSH for the help and housing ! That was kinda miraculous to finally meet you in the bus :D Thank you for everything you're a very nice guy, except you are obvly a Yami fanboy (jk ;) ) And don't shut down your PS3, with have a match to finish (half-time ain't game ! haha)
- to CRZ who teached me that Fox actually EXIST in this game rofl. Very nice FOx man, prolly the best in EU. I was very surprised and you have good reactions, but next time I promise it won't be the same at all ;) And don't worry about the gay match against PIka, I I immediately get over it ^^
- to the cool Samus (ProjD ?) in my pool who won the Amateur Bracket !
- to Willz for **** me in the first friendlies I had of the day and congratulated me after our tourney matches. Nice player even if I'm pretty sure you messed up a bit during our games
- to my boi J.Milleeeeeer ! I'm glad we finally met and had some offline games... I didn't expect it would be in bracket tho lol. WHat can I say... very nice player/guy, you have a lot of skill but it's too bad we kinda shocked during our set, it coulp have been wayyyy better. You played well but my kamikaze attack last stock was worth it ! ;) I don't even wanna know how good you could be if you plyed a top character... prolly beast ^^ I hope I'll see you soon bro
- to Kaspr to **** me so hard game 1 he made me pregnant. Super Falco, defo top player. I failed hard but well, you're better anyway lol. I now don't know if I should finally take this game as serious business or just give up lol.
- to my Pikabro Hoe4U, even if we could'nt have only 1 game :( Nice Pika man (and yes Esam is on crack, Marth neva gonna be even evaaaaaaaaaa rofl jk, he just must see some things we don't ^^)
- to legit for whow I played soooo many friendlies lol. You're a good player, I liked your DDK/Sheik especially ^^ just keep it up !
- to Flamekid for the games we had :) Nice Sheik too and TL also. I hope you did well in teams !
- to the tourney for forced me to forfeit without allow to play at least 1 match in loser
- to the players for don't want to team with me :glare:
- to Professor Pro and Alpha Dash to made it happen, just run this **** faster next time tho lol ;)

I think that's it (for the moment).

I'm personally a bit frustrated because I wasn't playing my A game during all this tourney, especially against CRZ/Kaspr, but well, I just to play this game more and improve ! Or maybe I could not even expect more since my last tourney was like... the BI16 :D Read this right guys, I'm not johning at all lol, I'm just disappointed caause I wanted better things for my 1st OoC experience.
Also disappointed for not have played with all the ppl I want (Calzorz's Snake, Anaky, moar games with J.Mi, Hoe4U and I'm surely forgetting some other names).

See you next time :)

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Can I claim best Sheik UK (for Brawl) since I'm like the only one? xD

Anyways, good games to everyone who I played yesterday. It was a brilliant experience!

Shoutouts to my fellow clan members who entered OoC (Project D, Legit, MonkeyKong, Boma, RandomDelta) and also shoutouts to Shay/Blazin and G-P for giving me some brilliant matches.

I think we might have proven that wifi isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Looking forward to seeing the tournament results!

P.S. next time, CRZ.. I will beat you. Just sayin'.

OH I forgot to ask, are there any players who live like in the Bournemouth/Southampton area? I'd love to play some people offline so I don't lose my skills TOO much!

EsperBoss

Smash Rookie
The tournament was great, I'll definitely be back in the future. Got plenty to improve on for next time.

Shoutouts to Fuzzy, for showing me I'm not so great at this game.

Shoutouts to Swizzy, for playing Ganondorf and doing pretty damn well!

Shoutouts to Jolteon, for some fun games against a non-Fox.

Shoutouts to Professor Pro and Alpha Dash for making this happen, and for letting me know about it.

Shoutouts to the UK for a great community.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
The only good thing about this tourney was meeting everybody, so I'll just give shout-outs (This is Willz btw):

Brawl
My Brawl pool: Nice to play all you guys (marcbri, sinth, blax, and the other guy whos name i forgot -.-)

LeSyd: after playing me in friendlies, i expected to win, but i straight up got outplayed, so good ****
Use your MK more, your other characters arn't as good :)

Loz8: im sorry but that tv we played our first game was the stupidest hacked version ever. That stage was really bright + pits arrows were ****ing huge. Whoever had that tv playing brawl to the far right side of should get rid of all that **** instantly. Regardless, good pit man ggs

Leffen: you're quite good i guess

Marcbri: the extremely ****e organisation of this whole tourney and NOT sticking to the scheule is what caused me to leave, so sorry about letting you down for dubs dude :( hopefully i can see you again sometime :)

Melee
Melee pool: my pool was stacked as ****, held my own against everyone though :) surprised myself at how well I did vs prof, but he knows how to bring it back... GAY SHINE. PMS your samus is sick and destroyed my falco, next time I'll deffo have to stick to Falcon the whole set. Zeppo's falcon is crazy as ****, my falcon will be that level someday! marcbri you had a cool sheikand mr funk your peach was nice, I'd give advice but I don't play Peach or know that much about Melee so I won't :L

Bit annoyed I didn't make Melee bracket, but hopefully next time :)

Everyone else
Blaze: you ****ing suck man, you didn't dare mm me cuz i would have destroyed you
Anaky: trioooooo
yami: dayum at your peach
alex's mum: <3
alex: gay
brado: i failed in dubs, good **** at making brawl bracket tho
calzum: you deserved to win everything cuz u da bess

Alpha Dash & Prof & the other people who helped (guy who did names etc.): Thanks for hosting the tourney, I didn't really enjoy myself as I'd hoped to. This tournament had serious delays due to bad organising. By just having 2 laptops (1 for each game) could have seriously made the tournament progress a lot faster, and make sure ALL the tvs work/have their remotes. I'm not that interested in attending another one unless you sort out these problems. Thanks anyway.

Hell, when I left at 8:30 the tournament wasn't even near finished, and I heard that it didn't finish at all... so what were the results guys?

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I really enjoyed the tournament, first one I've appeared at in 18 months so i didn't expect to get through pools, but i surprised myself in the MM's I and seriously's i played, learned a lot from pools alone as well so thanks to everybody :) I'll defiantly be coming to London soon :)

the day could have ran smoother, but its easily fixed with more TV's and a laptop for each game bracket :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol it might as well be yknow XD

First off: Looks like i reign triumphant over the wifi warriors! I do admit, wifi isnt a bad thing, its where i originated from too. But to reach higher levels you really need to play offline as your main form of playing. otherwise you just cap at a set level...particularly with sheik

I'll do shoutouts later

flamekid

Smash Cadet
First off: Looks like i reign triumphant over the wifi warriors! I do admit, wifi isnt a bad thing, its where i originated from too. But to reach higher levels you really need to play offline as your main form of playing. otherwise you just cap at a set level...particularly with sheik

I'll do shoutouts later
Yup I completely agree on that comment relating to Sheik. However.. I honestly don't know of anyone near me offline that I can play (who's actually good) so that makes it a hell of a lot harder for me. Unless people are willing to travel to the Bournemouth area to play UK's #1 Sheik (I think? Lol, correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, you don't reign triumphant over us wifi warriors. We bite back, y'know!

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Post results somebody? Melee or brawl?
Results I know so far:

Brawl Singles:

1st/2nd: Kasper
1st/2nd: Anaky (No time for grandfinals so they split, Kasper won winners, Anaky won losers)
3rd: Calzorz
4th: C.R.Z
5th: Marcbri
5th: Leffen
7th: J. Miller
7th: Nives
9th: Pepito
9th: Pafos
9th: Yami
9th: Le Syd
13th: G-P
13th: Sinth
13th: Legit
13th: Blazin
17th: Ixis
17th: Hoe4u
17th: Willz
17th: Flame
17th: Luigimitsu
17th: Snick
17th: Sugarphil
17th: Monkey Kong
25th: Loz8ichimaru
25th: Cong
25th: Project D
25th: Sol64
25th: NO
25th: Brado
25th: Shay
25th: RandomDelta

Don't know much in terms of Melee just remember VA placed 5th and Prof placed 7th.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think IVP and Pepito split for 1st, Fuzzy third. After that I've no idea for melee. Can we get a complete bracket image too?

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
LC DA BESS:denzel:
lol yeah, he had a 3-way tie for second in his pool so there was a playoff, eventually he finished 4th in pools and got into the 'pro' bracket via the amateur bracket. I'm pretty sure he finished =25th but I could be wrong, hence I left a question mark in there.

Good stuff leffen!
Was Cong (the Diddy player) at this?
Yes. He's in the results I posted.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
As far as i know it should be something like this:

1st: Pepito/Leffen
3rd: Fuzz
4th: IVP?
5th: VA
7th: Prof

And I got 9th but im not sure on the rest.

:phone:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
1st was split between pepito and IVP man, leffen got 4th.

Good event, great seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces.

I'm still travelling lol, will post more later

:phone:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Calz 3rd??? better lay of the cod for a while muahha

also good **** to pepito for melee and apparantly leffen for brawl o.o

Top Bottom