• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Va - should have stayed samus
i would LOVE to see you nearly knock DJ Combo out of a tournament, until then shut up
as you are probably wondering why i said that , VA obviously has played samus longer therefore in a tournament he would stay in brackets longer .

let me explain as you can see above quote there is plenty of **** riding through this line highlighted purple , as the specimen continues he realizes he is **** riding so he tries to bring it down to smash related dicussion through here red . as the specimen realizes he is drifted away from on topic dicussion , he flames in order to protect his princess in distress = SSj4 gogeta **** jockey .

pay for me to go to a western tourney and gladly do so .

also Va keep your fanboys aka dicky jockeys in check

anyway about this ranbats - TC keep a limit of people if there is going to be another one

Fuzzy should take over this and host at the smashgt venue.

Va - you disappoint me i was expecting so m2k **** , but you have gotten much better you finished chris H . (chris john - if i just had a seat .) LMAO -- also at the end why did you say Dj combo LMao

Yen - good playing brawl with ya

Prof . pro MM at osplay 2 definitely .

4stock / last dragon - MM ??

Fuzzyness - _______ as always

Chris H - finished

King N - how are you soo good 0_o what have you been feeding your link

I hear Londons all scared of me, £20 MM's with Fuzzypuss and Professor Ponce and Marth dittoes with Frostybaws and Edlose. Word on the street is Chrisboi has been spreading my name about saying I think Frost and Edwin are c*cks, no johns Chrisboi you know I'd never say such a thing, deep down Im a really nice guy just hope people will see it for real y'know????
response to red text - from who ?

looks at blue text - chrisboi is a snitch

response to Dr.Zepper - http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5372/amsahju9.png

ok i will MM you . just to prove the snitch chrisboi /you wrong ?

Ed out ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Really happy 2 have come 3rd in brawl but sad that it doesnt go towards ranking points, i guess its only fair on those who cudnt make it. Anyways, hopefully, next ranbat will get sorted out to accomodate the new popularity of london smash. Oh yeah, and Kira!, ur falco in brawl was awesome, was kinda rooting 4 u in the finals but oh well...

VA

Smash Hero
Edwin would get ***** at an american tournament. I sandbagged my face off against you, you aren't worth my time.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
looool . what makes you think i wasnt sandbagging myself .

truth of matter is i won that MM ?

correct ,

i dont care if you were sandbagging at all , i got a nice pound

supply a ticket for me to go aboard ? and lets see

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I hear Londons all scared of me, Ј20 MM's with Fuzzypuss and Professor Ponce and Marth dittoes with Frostybaws and Edlose. Word on the street is Chrisboi has been spreading my name about saying I think Frost and Edwin are c*cks, no johns Chrisboi you know I'd never say such a thing, deep down Im a really nice guy just hope people will see it for real y'know????
Why would I MM you AT ALL when I dont play marth. I hate you scottish.
I will still MM you though lol.
Prof . pro MM at osplay 2 definitely.
Ok. The crew battle match was pretty much a 3 stock destruction from me so you have a chance to get back at me.

Lol @ the johns.
LOL Pdot usual drop a insult and leave.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
he didnt say he wanted to marth ditto you . only me and Terrence

looool .

loool i need the revenge !!
loool Yeah. It was gay though cos it was the only chance I really got to play you that day. And there was alot of people I didnt get to play. Brawl pissed me off, it took up too much time and was just boring to watch.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Really happy 2 have come 3rd in brawl but sad that it doesnt go towards ranking points, i guess its only fair on those who cudnt make it. Anyways, hopefully, next ranbat will get sorted out to accomodate the new popularity of london smash. Oh yeah, and Kira!, ur falco in brawl was awesome, was kinda rooting 4 u in the finals but oh well...
thanks for the comment and support during the match :)

your olimar wasnt bad either, those flying pikmin can really cause trouble :ohwell:

anywayz im glad to get 2nd in my first tournament ever! however looking to defeat fuzzyness in the next one and face you tamoo (da olimar user), yeniths (the little guy with the red controller who had a scary sheik, i think i spelt that name wrong "Yeniths"), that samus user again called dave and brawler pit for knocking my second friend out.

p.s fuzzyness, i request that you do something to those brackets when you set up the next one, my friend payed 7 pounds for a travelcard to come to a tournament all the way in surrey just to face me again in the first round of the tournament. it was like we just traded living rooms for a day LOL!!

See you all at the next one!!! :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Seriously thanks for everyone being so co-operative with the whole situation.
It was a hard choice to make and we defintely didnt want it to come to the whole leaving thing. But that is a first time and last time incident and we will be prepared for the next Ranbats where everything will be much more organized.

VA

Smash Hero
Despite being sleep deprived, hungover and all kinds of other **** I had a really good time. Space issue was a bit weird but I think my parents would be the same and all in all TC's family have been gracious as anything about letting that space be used by a bunch of smash nerds.

That was only a taste of what's to come at OSplay 2 for those concerned I didn't show enough skill. I had some good friendlies with charles later on but mostly my matches were ****. Especially vs. Chrisboi (despite winning) I was playing SO dumb. I'll MM you in marth dittos for any amount you want, and you too Z ;)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
oh i played with proffessor pro in tag teams when i first arrived, but he did all the work LOL:laugh:

i couldnt do anything as i am a noob. although when i had to face him :dizzy: i was getting ROCKED!!!!!!

lol nice to meet u in person PP *thinks back to that john vid*

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
oh i played with proffessor pro in tag teams when i first arrived, but he did all the work LOL:laugh:

i couldnt do anything as i am a noob. although when i had to face him :dizzy: i was getting ROCKED!!!!!!

lol nice to meet u in person PP *thinks back to that john vid*
loool When, were you black if I can remember and did we play a doubles game on Kongo Jungle place? And it was on the TV on the floor.
Its also quite impressive to see someone new come along and place 2nd in a tourn.
All you brawl players better step your game up lol.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
loool When, were you black if I can remember and did we play a doubles game on Kongo Jungle place? And it was on the TV on the floor.
Its also quite impressive to see someone new come along and place 2nd in a tourn.
All you brawl players better step your game up lol.
yh we did play on the jungle level, we did play on the tv on the floor and i was the black dude two people away from you lol!!

damm your fox is crazy, i shouldnt bother even trying to train at melee knowing that u will be there :urg:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yh we did play on the jungle level, we did play on the tv on the floor and i was the black dude two people away from you lol!!

damm your fox is crazy, i shouldnt bother even trying to train at melee knowing that u will be there :urg:
lool Thanks for the compliment but trust me you should train. I have been playing the game for a while now so it has taken a while for me to get good at the game and when you go to the ranbats you get to play people around your level and you should improve and get alot of experience. It is good to pratice occasionaly your technical skill at home. Simple stuff like L-Cancelling and wavelands and wavedashes. I have seen a few improvements from players like Pops who wasnt as good at his first smashfest but over a month has improved so just keep on practicing, so it is possible to get really good :).

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah /signed. But fox is so hard to learn, you'll be getting gimped hard for a while before you learn how to stop it. I suggest playing a bit of everyone and always keep a peach or sheik on the side, both characters are ridiculously easy to learn. Don't have much tech skill in their games either.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah /signed. But fox is so hard to learn, you'll be getting gimped hard for a while before you learn how to stop it. I suggest playing a bit of everyone and always keep a peach or sheik on the side, both characters are ridiculously easy to learn. Don't have much tech skill in their games either.
Yep I agree.
I heard the falco player Forward say somewhere if you want to improve your technical skill practice fox everyday because he is the hardest character to use, but if you feel you are not capable of picking up fox which tbh it is only hard RIGHT at the beginning of playing him, pick up Sheik, Peach or even in some cases marth if you dont play him too advanced.

When I come back to the next smashfest I am coming back with my technical skill risen extremely. As soon as my old technical pad starting having errors (the one with the rubber worn all the way down to the bottom due to the power of my thumb lol) I couldnt do the same stuff with my other pads and its really gay cos now I have to adjust to a new pad, so I will being doing that and should come back not worrying about my technical skill being poor in comparison to what it used to be.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
most fox players claw if they are struggling technically o_0 ?.

as for practicing technical skill , do it at a slower speed learn the thumb movements ,

to get good at this game your reaction time need to fall under a certain time like 130 ms .

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/index.php

as there years go on from playing this game you reaction times decreases slowly

if you have a reaction of 130 ms thats equivalent to 5 yrs of experience

0_o

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
most fox players claw if they are struggling technically o_0 ?.

as for practicing technical skill , do it at a slower speed learn the thumb movements ,

to get good at this game your reaction time need to fall under a certain time like 130 ms .

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/index.php

as there years go on from playing this game you reaction times decreases slowly

if you have a reaction of 160ms thats equivalent to 5 yrs of experience

0_o
lol Nice scientific research, might have to look more into it once I have finished my homework. But reaction time is very important in smash especially for things like DI which is very paramount in high level play and nearly always saves you from dying if you didnt DI properly and can save you from losing a match.
I heard something about Pros when they DI they wiggle the controller stick a bit and I was thinking is this to DI the other frames in your hit stun iswell?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
thanks for the comment and support during the match :)

your olimar wasnt bad either, those flying pikmin can really cause trouble :ohwell:

anywayz im glad to get 2nd in my first tournament ever! however looking to defeat fuzzyness in the next one and face you tamoo (da olimar user), yeniths (the little guy with the red controller who had a scary sheik, i think i spelt that name wrong "Yeniths"), that samus user again called dave and brawler pit for knocking my second friend out.

p.s fuzzyness, i request that you do something to those brackets when you set up the next one, my friend payed 7 pounds for a travelcard to come to a tournament all the way in surrey just to face me again in the first round of the tournament. it was like we just traded living rooms for a day LOL!!

See you all at the next one!!! :laugh:
Ha, look forward to play you, hopefully i can make it up for the next Ranbattle and give you some games :). would like to give you a couple of Falco ditos to. and nah you spelt it right:p

btw do you play melee at all? or just brawl?

Just like to say thanks to everyone, nice meeting all of you, had a great time. Thanks to TC for hosting too.
Crew battle was too good, shame we couldn't record it or finish it! lol. hopefully we can do it again next time.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ha, look forward to play you, hopefully i can make it up for the next Ranbattle and give you some games :). would like to give you a couple of Falco ditos to. and nah you spelt it right:p

btw do you play melee at all? or just brawl?

Just like to say thanks to everyone, nice meeting all of you, had a great time. Thanks to TC for hosting too
Good to hear you're coming to the next one :).
You think I will still be able to give you afew games before the next one again because I didnt get in that much games with you yesterday :(.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Good to hear you're coming to the next one :).
You think I will still be able to give you afew games before the next one again because I didnt get in that much games with you yesterday :(.
To make it to the next one, ill prob have to stay at my bros again, so depending on when i arrive at his yeah:). Shame i didn't get to play you much, could learn a lot

VA

Smash Hero
lol Nice scientific research, might have to look more into it once I have finished my homework. But reaction time is very important in smash especially for things like DI which is very paramount in high level play and nearly always saves you from dying if you didnt DI properly and can save you from losing a match.
I heard something about Pros when they DI they wiggle the controller stick a bit and I was thinking is this to DI the other frames in your hit stun iswell?
That's just inputting your smash DI multiple times. Obviously this is harder on attacks with less DI-able frames. It's called quarter circle DI.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
@ professor smash

yeah thats correct most pros dont slam there control stick when attempting a DI ,

its usually a specific thumb movement . like quarter circle

like i said before practice it at 1/4 speed and so on to X2.

because when you finally get the DI input down to muscle memory . its good from there but actually doing it on time is the hard part .

the only thing left is your RT time .

in my previous post i said you need a RT of at least 130 - 160 to be considered good ,

but for a pro /amazing good (as in epic ***** for anyone that faces you )i would say at least 100 ms and under .

because getting good at any games all comes down to reaction time how fast your brain can perform a action . it could be any action

loool @ pdot

since i got quite a few MMs going on i will put it in my sig so i can remember to save up ( now completed )

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I might try doing it on 1/4 speed.

Does anyone know if Fuzzy has got a venue booked for next smashfest and when it is. Cos we need to change the thread title so people are aware of when the next ranbat is.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Guys you'll need to save up £3-4 next time for venue entry, i don't think there'll be prizes unless you guys want to put in £1 each.

Also for the people who owe me money (16 people) you MUST pay me next ranking battle >_> and make sure you are saving for osplay too

Points wont go for this RB because of the screwed up system and rushed business, but I'll try put up results

Thank god VA can't trashtalk anymore ^___^" you still gotta take me and frostbyte out

Melee
1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Vanity Angel
3rd - Professor Pro
4th - ?

Brawl
1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Kira!
3rd - ?
4th - ?

Lol I don't see noobking saying anything either, good times

Melee
1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Vanity Angel
3rd - Professor Pro
4th - rustediron

Brawl
1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Kira!
3rd - Tamoo
4th - Clockmire

I really shouldn't have been 4th, lol... PMS and TLD are much better than me xD

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah well it was single elimination, so results are bound to be a bit off:p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
who came up with the rules honestly i would like to know ?
It had to be like that so you pricks could get in for the crew battle you fucking idiot I hate you with all my heart put into this one sentence and I will literally break your controller when I see you and break just your left thumb so you can never move in smash again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom