• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol nevermind, still b moddin 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
oh **** infinites.

better get meter for burst thang. what's that called?
In TvC you get meter for blocking attacks, getting hit by attacks, and using and landing attacks.

So the Mega Crash isn't hard to pull off, and infinites can never really be infinites since they would build the meter for you to pull off the Mega Crash before they'd actually take 100%.

But you can also Mega Crash out of being hit by a Mega Crash, if I'm not mistaken.

You also might be able to Baroque when they Mega Crash to avoid being hit by it. Not sure.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol frames "i wont close this thread its too good." I'm glad you agree, but if you closed it i would probably just open it back... i was at sleepyKs house for the past two days =3

TvC is very fun, thank you sleepyk (and a little tim zimmer) for my copy. and for marty for ****** me at it.

now if only Roll's launcher weren't so slow...

ptown

Smash Ace
In TvC you get meter for blocking attacks, getting hit by attacks, and using and landing attacks.

So the Mega Crash isn't hard to pull off, and infinites can never really be infinites since they would build the meter for you to pull off the Mega Crash before they'd actually take 100%.

But you can also Mega Crash out of being hit by a Mega Crash, if I'm not mistaken.

You also might be able to Baroque when they Mega Crash to avoid being hit by it. Not sure.
that's sorta good about the meter gaining. i was afraid you were going to break the game.

i just saw some tvc system tutorial on youtube. good idea with that baroque to avoid the mega crash (baroque just requires some red health?!). that variable counter looked strong on the tutorial.

don't have the game, but it sounds pretty good.

chaddd

Smash Lord
that's sorta good about the meter gaining. i was afraid you were going to break the game.

i just saw some tvc system tutorial on youtube. good idea with that baroque to avoid the mega crash (baroque just requires some red health?!). that variable counter looked strong on the tutorial.

don't have the game, but it sounds pretty good.
Seems as though Baroque sucks, though. Despite the applications of it, if your opponent has two meter, then using it is simply a waste of life because they can Mega Crash immediately after the activation and for a fraction of their life they can basically make you waste your entire red life bar.:(

ptown

Smash Ace
i think i may have some ideas to throw out concerning baroque (not all of them even have anything to do with combo-ing).

depending on how fast mega crash hits(is it really instant?) compared to baroque's speed to return you to neutral state, doing mega crash on reaction against baroque activation alone might be bad. someone who activates baroque may choose to suddenly stop attacking and block/move against someone who responds in this way. i'd guess a "safer" time to use mega crash is after you confirmed that they committed with their baroque combo by seeing them attack again.

also, maybe there are key times to use baroque:
1) you stated this already, when your opponent has less than two super meter- they will not be able to escape the combo
2) just about when a normal combo will finish off one of your opponents character to bait a mega crash save attempt- if predicted correctly, you may be able to punish or at least limit options that super meter provides (e.g. safely tagging out, supers, further mega crashes, etc.) sealing the match
3) low risk mix-up when your red health is low- there might be some crazy stuff you can do with this in air (e.g. can you do an aerial followed by baroque into air dash?) even if they hit you with a mega crash, you lose a little red health, but they also lose health and two super meter in this situation
4) when you are attacking both of your opponents characters- you could potentially do a lot of damage
5) to avoid/block an assist(or maybe even delayed attacks or other threats) during attacking one of your opponent's characters- you might be able to stop attacking to attack their partner even?

baroque seems pretty sick though (i just read that baroque uses your red health [no matter what?] off srk). i guess you'll have to be pretty cautious and selective when doing so.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think that if the person who activates baroque stops moving/attacking, they'll either get hit by the mega crash anyway or... land and have wasted the baroque, which means wasted their red health.

chaddd

Smash Lord
i think i may have some ideas to throw out concerning baroque (not all of them even have anything to do with combo-ing).

depending on how fast mega crash hits(is it really instant?) compared to baroque's speed to return you to neutral state, doing mega crash on reaction against baroque activation alone might be bad. someone who activates baroque may choose to suddenly stop attacking and block/move against someone who responds in this way. i'd guess a "safer" time to use mega crash is after you confirmed that they committed with their baroque combo by seeing them attack again.

also, maybe there are key times to use baroque:
1) you stated this already, when your opponent has less than two super meter- they will not be able to escape the combo
2) just about when a normal combo will finish off one of your opponents character to bait a mega crash save attempt- if predicted correctly, you may be able to punish or at least limit options that super meter provides (e.g. safely tagging out, supers, further mega crashes, etc.) sealing the match
3) low risk mix-up when your red health is low- there might be some crazy stuff you can do with this in air (e.g. can you do an aerial followed by baroque into air dash?) even if they hit you with a mega crash, you lose a little red health, but they also lose health and two super meter in this situation
4) when you are attacking both of your opponents characters- you could potentially do a lot of damage
5) to avoid/block an assist(or maybe even delayed attacks or other threats) during attacking one of your opponent's characters- you might be able to stop attacking to attack their partner even?

baroque seems pretty sick though (i just read that baroque uses your red health [no matter what?] off srk). i guess you'll have to be pretty cautious and selective when doing so.
Well, using it sacrifices your red life, so you can only do it once a game per character, twice if you're lucky. The Mega Crash is really instant, and causes it's own damage and knockback. Also, you can Mega Crash twice in a row, something you can obviously not do with Baroque. But finally, Baroque increases your power for the next hits in a combo in a ratio to how much red life you used activating it, so getting someone to activate it, and then block due to a Mega Crash, would cause the red life to be used, and the Baroque to be wasted, as it ends once the opponent either regains their standing animation, or the combo counter ends(if they were already in standing animation.)

Either way, with the Mega Crash, it's pretty much a mind game to try and make the Baroque useless, from what I can tell.

Also, no amount of red health you could use could equal anything close to the incredibly small amount of life you use when performing a Mega Crash. If your opponent uses all their red life, and you Mega Crash them immediately afterwards, well, they basically just look really really dumb.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Well, using it sacrifices your red life, so you can only do it once a game per character, twice if you're lucky. The Mega Crash is really instant, and causes it's own damage and knockback. Also, you can Mega Crash twice in a row, something you can obviously not do with Baroque. But finally, Baroque increases your power for the next hits in a combo in a ratio to how much red life you used activating it, so getting someone to activate it, and then block due to a Mega Crash, would cause the red life to be used, and the Baroque to be wasted, as it ends once the opponent either regains their standing animation, or the combo counter ends(if they were already in standing animation.)

Either way, with the Mega Crash, it's pretty much a mind game to try and make the Baroque useless, from what I can tell.

Also, no amount of red health you could use could equal anything close to the incredibly small amount of life you use when performing a Mega Crash. If your opponent uses all their red life, and you Mega Crash them immediately afterwards, well, they basically just look really really dumb.
This is not true on so many levles.

1st off you can use baroque like fifty times a game if you want to. Red health=Baroque, three jabs gives you red health and that will let you go into baroque.

2nd if you get knocked out of baroque then you *probly* have red health and can activate again, so i guess that would be one after the other and not 2 in a row so that part is kind of true.

3rd you can counter a mega crush with one of your own (while in baroque) continue the combo and even get more red health to use during your baroque.

Since mega crush gives you red health that alone allows you to go baroque any time you have 2 levels.

Hbox get at me and ghaude at gigs cuz as I have stated we will be running two setups and have 4 sticks to play on so if it is a money match you want look no further.

It is great to see this game taking off. Best vs game is tatsu cap hands down. IMPORT the game tho and give capcom their money so we can have a sequel state side in less than 2 years!!!

NInja edit: If someone baits you into using your mega crush while they are in baroque, and counter with one of their own then you look really really dumb. This works really really well when you have like 10% to 20% red health and the mega crush gives you another 10% to 15% making a 35% baroque combo with no breaker!!!

Just stuff to think about!!!

VAR is the new **** and it is too good on normal jump combos with a good DHC!!

SæQuo010

Frames

DI
ok dumb question but this **** is really pissing me off

been playin this for like 3 days now, but idk how to save lol i played arcade mode like 10 times to get all characters+extra stuff but as soon as i turned it off i was ownd

is there an autosave or something grr

chaddd

Smash Lord
chaddd, MM?
If you mean TvC then you'll soon discover how easy it is to lose money to me in any Street Fighter game.

This is not true on so many levles.

1st off you can use baroque like fifty times a game if you want to. Red health=Baroque, three jabs gives you red health and that will let you go into baroque.

2nd if you get knocked out of baroque then you *probly* have red health and can activate again, so i guess that would be one after the other and not 2 in a row so that part is kind of true.

3rd you can counter a mega crush with one of your own (while in baroque) continue the combo and even get more red health to use during your baroque.

Since mega crush gives you red health that alone allows you to go baroque any time you have 2 levels.

Hbox get at me and ghaude at gigs cuz as I have stated we will be running two setups and have 4 sticks to play on so if it is a money match you want look no further.

It is great to see this game taking off. Best vs game is tatsu cap hands down. IMPORT the game tho and give capcom their money so we can have a sequel state side in less than 2 years!!!

NInja edit: If someone baits you into using your mega crush while they are in baroque, and counter with one of their own then you look really really dumb. This works really really well when you have like 10% to 20% red health and the mega crush gives you another 10% to 15% making a 35% baroque combo with no breaker!!!

Just stuff to think about!!!

VAR is the new **** and it is too good on normal jump combos with a good DHC!!

SæQuo010
You're into wasting your red health every time you get hit to try and attempt a combo that is never and will never be guaranteed?

And two meter which can potentially be used to take 100% from one of your opponents characters.

Apparently I'm the only one that's aware that there were vs games before this one.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
If you mean TvC then you'll soon discover how easy it is to lose money to me in any Street Fighter game.

You're into wasting your red health every time you get hit to try and attempt a combo that is never and will never be guaranteed?

And two meter which can potentially be used to take 100% from one of your opponents characters.

Apparently I'm the only one that's aware that there were vs games before this one.
Yes my friend you are the only one that has ever played any vs game but hey we can go first to seven in mvc2, tatsu cap, mvc1, heck I will even play msh vs sf. Any amount of cash you want. I have all games and even an extra stick if you need!

All I was saying is that what you were saying is so false that it is funny. You find me a better use for 15% red health then baroque. Don't be all butt hurt ok I was trying to help andd you want no help then say that instead of commimg back with BS!!

Bait your mega crush because you seem to think that it will stop baroque and in the process gain more red health and maybe even score an assult,(for an extra level of super) or am I the only one who knows that this style of mega crush exist.

SæQuo010

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yes my friend you are the only one that has ever played any vs game but hey we can go first to seven in mvc2, tatsu cap, mvc1, heck I will even play msh vs sf. Any amount of cash you want. I have all games and even an extra stick if you need!

All I was saying is that what you were saying is so false that it is funny. You find me a better use for 15% red health then baroque. Don't be all butt hurt ok I was trying to help andd you want no help then say that instead of commimg back with BS!!

Bait your mega crush because you seem to think that it will stop baroque and in the process gain more red health and maybe even score an assult,(for an extra level of super) or am I the only one who knows that this style of mega crush exist.

SæQuo010
Got no problem with a money match in any Capcom game you want.

Also, you can't Baroque after a Mega Crash unless you follow up with a normal attack first, so in mid air or mid stage it would end a Baroque. I'm telling you it's about useless since your opponent will almost always have 2 meter.

I was Shoryuken for 8 years before I came to KiddyBoards, so please save any and all "knowledge" for if you can actually beat me at a Capcom fighter.

You play TvC your way I'll play it mine. My way of playing games seems to win me hundreds of dollars at a time so say what you want.

EDIT: Also, please chill on the disrespect. I didn't say anything to you so I don't deserve to be talked to like an a$$hole.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice

Also, you can't Baroque after a Mega Crash unless you follow up with a normal attack first, so in mid air or mid stage it would end a Baroque. I'm telling you it's about useless since your opponent will almost always have 2 meter.

I was Shoryuken for 8 years before I came to KiddyBoards, so please save any and all "knowledge" for if you can actually beat me at a Capcom fighter.

You play TvC your way I'll play it mine. My way of playing games seems to win me hundreds of dollars at a time so say what you want.

EDIT: Also, please chill on the disrespect. I didn't say anything to you so I don't deserve to be talked to like an a$$hole.
Are we even having the same talk with one another? I hit all the points in your post andd you respond with randdom BS.

You say"Also, you can't Baroque after a Mega Crash unless you follow up with a normal attack first, so in mid air or mid stage it would end a Baroque. I'm telling you it's about useless since your opponent will almost always have 2 meter."

I never said anything about mega crush into baroque, I did say activate and then use mega crush/assult to gain more red bar health and combo more.

Look at baroque like frc/rc in GG, it is safe on normals and makes moves safe that are not other wise safe. If I throw out a normal B and you bolck it you can push block and punish it, but if I have any red health (Little is better for this as you do not want to combo but rather not get punished) I can activate and then block and call assist and get out.

If I can get you to waste 2 meters on a 12% activation I think I am winning this exchange since all I am doing is baiting your mega crush and there is no chance for an assult so you lose both levels and I still have baroque(if the mega crush hits i will be able to activate again)

Level building is mad easy in this but if you are wasting all the levels on mega crushing 8-17% baroque then I am going to come out on top for sure.

I mean no harm by what I am saying, just answer the questions so that way we can actually be talking to one another and not me talking to you and you talking around what I am saying.

Give me a better use for red bar health than baroque? You have played other vs games right? How many times does red bar health actually recorver in high level mathes? They are to quick to even think there is a better use for 5-35% red bar health, if for nothing else than to bait a mega crush andd get the 2 levels off your opponet.

You are right, srk account..................... oh no you have got to know more. No one on this board cares about srk and no one on srk cares about neo so that makes no sense to me.

Like I said I was only trying to say some helpful hints and you got all butt hurt because someone else (whom you have no clue who they are) said something that hurt what you said.

2 baroque's in a game? You really do not see Custom Combos that much in games that have them right?

SfA3 anyone?

SF3s anyone?

They break the game and baroque will do just that "Broke" the game.

SæQuo010

chaddd

Smash Lord
Are we even having the same talk with one another? I hit all the points in your post andd you respond with randdom BS.

You say"Also, you can't Baroque after a Mega Crash unless you follow up with a normal attack first, so in mid air or mid stage it would end a Baroque. I'm telling you it's about useless since your opponent will almost always have 2 meter."

I never said anything about mega crush into baroque, I did say activate and then use mega crush/assult to gain more red bar health and combo more.

Look at baroque like frc/rc in GG, it is safe on normals and makes moves safe that are not other wise safe. If I throw out a normal B and you bolck it you can push block and punish it, but if I have any red health (Little is better for this as you do not want to combo but rather not get punished) I can activate and then block and call assist and get out.

If I can get you to waste 2 meters on a 12% activation I think I am winning this exchange since all I am doing is baiting your mega crush and there is no chance for an assult so you lose both levels and I still have baroque(if the mega crush hits i will be able to activate again)

Level building is mad easy in this but if you are wasting all the levels on mega crushing 8-17% baroque then I am going to come out on top for sure.

I mean no harm by what I am saying, just answer the questions so that way we can actually be talking to one another and not me talking to you and you talking around what I am saying.

Give me a better use for red bar health than baroque? You have played other vs games right? How many times does red bar health actually recorver in high level mathes? They are to quick to even think there is a better use for 5-35% red bar health, if for nothing else than to bait a mega crush andd get the 2 levels off your opponet.

You are right, srk account..................... oh no you have got to know more. No one on this board cares about srk and no one on srk cares about neo so that makes no sense to me.

Like I said I was only trying to say some helpful hints and you got all butt hurt because someone else (whom you have no clue who they are) said something that hurt what you said.

2 baroque's in a game? You really do not see Custom Combos that much in games that have them right?

SfA3 anyone?

SF3s anyone?

They break the game and baroque will do just that "Broke" the game.

SæQuo010
It's obvious there's no reasoning with you. You say you quote "hit all my points" and I quote "responded with randdom BS".

In reality, where most of us hang out from time to time, the argument started as "Baroque is more or less pointless due to the addition of essentially a combo breaker."

You're telling me that you're going to custom combo someone with no Mega Crash to stop you?

And quote "high level play" doesn't allow red life to recover is what you're arguing, when, in fact, you have no idea what high level play looks like for TvC because it doesn't exist yet. Also, I know plenty of time red life has allowed high level players to make insane comebacks after failed snapback -> infinites and other high level mistakes.

Explain to me how everything I've said is unrelated? Also, you never said you could Baroque after a Mega Crash? It was one of your suggestions (one of five I believe) in a post directly above this one that assumed the position that you could simply Mega Crash back into another Baroque after your opponent Mega Crashes your Baroque because Mega Crash quote "gives you red life".

I'm not sure who's been responding with quote "randdom bs", but I have a pretty good idea. You're upset I don't agree with you, and just seem to be attempting to drag me into this endless argument that will change absolutely nothing. I didn't even argue back. I said you play your way, I'll play mine, but you responded like I'm actually going to read that entire joke of a post and say "Oh hey this guy's suddenly really cool and I should listen to him."

Not everyone has to agree with you. Sorry.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

Just had to high light that hahaha

Wish I could find the post where you say respect is stupid and quote that in here. Hypocrite on another level

Sleepy mod my wii so i can get free games

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
[/U][/B]

Just had to high light that hahaha

Wish I could find the post where you say respect is stupid and quote that in here. Hypocrite on another level

Sleepy mod my wii so i can get free games
You called him on it homie XD

And you can go to tehskeen or Wiibrew to find out how to soft mod a wii yourself. lookup HBC and iso loader aka backup loader. or just support capcom & buy the game.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Idk why you waste your time with idiots chad. MM him, take his money and be done with it. Notice how people are only coming in this topic to troll since they have nothing else better to do. Hey Tom, you should consider closing this thread now.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Idk why you waste your time with idiots chad. MM him, take his money and be done with it. Notice how people are only coming in this topic to troll since they have nothing else better to do. Hey Tom, you should consider closing this thread now.
I thought you put me and Noir on your ignore list? I guess you just have to see what we are talking about huh? What a clown. I cant wait to see you homie.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
eh, i dunno about Baroque. if FRC cost health in GGXX, i dunno how much i would be using. in fighting games, especially in VS. games, health is essentially flexibility in your offense and defense. the less health you have, the less flexible you can be with your playing style. and, i agree with chad in saying that red health is extremely important to keep to regenerate with, staging comebacks if need be. i know it happens in MvC2 quite a bit, as well. Mega Crash seems to render it useless simply because of this; you can replace meter very fast, but life is irreplaceable. Sacrificing 2 bars to make someone waste 10% or more of their life is more than worth it, especially with people who build meter fast, i.e. Rockman or Chun-Li from my experience. just my thoughts on it. also, to touch on custom combos in other games, the Alpha series and 3S don't have combo breakers. in GGXX, you have to be careful of what combos you advance and when to stop them to look out for a burst. in TvC, the bursts would be more frequent due to it only using 2 bars instead of a separate, slow building bar as in GGXX. thus, in those games, the Custom Combo modes are far superior due to the lack of defensive options to get around them.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
What marvel vid has a red bar health comeback? Vid please. Though the point would be mute because w3marvel has the 3rd person to make just assist where this game only has two so red bar health is going to be harder to gain back.

People are not thinking, Ga peach says "eh, i dunno about Baroque. if FRC cost health in GGXX, i dunno how much i would be using" but then goes on to say:
"Sacrificing 2 bars to make someone waste 10% or more of their life is more than worth it, especially with people who build meter fast, i.e. Rockman or Chun-Li from my experience"

So you are saying that if burst in GG took life you would still use it?

Mega crush kills like 10-15% life and gives like 4-8% red bar health and kills 2 bars, if you are using that to stop a 8-20% activation then know you have been baited. OK it is simple, you lose in that exchange because there was nothing saying that he was going to get back the red bar health but you could of used those 2 levels for something else since even 20% activation is ok at best.

Once again you are right chaddd I am giving you BS and I am mad that you don't like me(or that I am talking to someone that can not read or even answer a single question that I ask him, I know it is one of those two and you know which one it is)

Please quote me where I said mega crush into baroque, please show me, please.

I will wait for the proff but in the mean time I will givve you this to choke on ok...........................

Quoted from post #179

1) 3rd you can counter a mega crush with one of your own (while in baroque) continue the combo and even get more red health to use during your baroque.

2)If someone baits you into using your mega crush while they are in baroque, and counter with one of their own then you look really really dumb. This works really really well when you have like 10% to 20% red health and the mega crush gives you another 10% to 15% making a 35% baroque combo with no breaker!!!

from post 184

1)Bait your mega crush because you seem to think that it will stop baroque and in the process gain more red health and maybe even score an assult,(for an extra level of super) or am I the only one who knows that this style of mega crush exist.

Show me where I said it and answer my question about red bar health.......... Wait you are right lets end this and one dday when we meet and I beat you and you say good **** and I say good ****, we can go smoke a bowl of this kush and laugh about this.

SæQuo010.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
of course i would still burst if it cost health. if i could sacrifice less health to get out of a combo that would do more damage than my burst, then i would burst. that's called common sense and acceptable losses. if FRC cost bar, then it would not always be worth it to do for some characters, especially Sol's Gun Flame FRC. GF FRC doesn't give him any guaranteed damage, only lag-reducing options off of the GF itself. it would give increased mixup option, but not guaranteed damage. and, to recover health, you could just switch them out safely via DHC, just like in MvC2. according to your logic, there would be no point in switching out a character when they were almost dead, because it would be better to try and rush them in for a Baroque combo instead of getting them out of there to recover/be used as an assist. plus, to get your money worth on Baroque, you would have to have a lot of red health, which would mean a lot of your health gone, and having it permanently gone via Baroque.

on the other end, and i have been thinking about this, that it actually may end up being useful, and that maybe i am just looking at it as if it were in MvC2. maybe TvC is different enough to make Baroque good, who knows.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
In this thread....

people who can't accept other people's opinions.
snide remarks in "peaceful" posts.

chris, if you have a SD card that is under 2 gb and twilight princess, you've basically modded your wii already.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Baroque combos just seem like SUCH.A.BAD.IDEA. In terms of damage, I cant see justifying their use. In terms of this whole FRC and burst comparison, if I lost health from a burst to potentially not get corner *****/looped/wallstuck, I would do it in a second. I dont see how you can try such a balls to the wall strategy and not expect to pay for it. If you think about it, the life you lose in comparison to the life you can potentially take is not worth it. Its like if Cable lost health for AHVB sjc AHVB and for every point of health you lose he loses two. BUT the game has been out for a week, so who knows whats going to be good/bad/broken. They didnt ROM the day Marvel came out and the didnt do 15+ Genei Jin combos the day it came out. We will find out in time. This topic is now about mango kush. Ready go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom