• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOL I figured out a REALLY easy way to do the chain grab

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
D-throw
Instantly Hold Back
Spam the Z-Button really fast

It makes it SOOOO much easier

There is a timing to it its just not as exact as the normal way.

What I do:

-hold back

-wait for warios butt to hit the ground

-almost immediately afterwards press Z 4 times really fast

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
wouldn't you shield if you press Z to soon ? Also wouldn't you not turn around?
that's what I thought would happen, I think since your holding back it almost automatically buffers first. There is a timing to it, but it's pretty broad

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
was waiting for someone to figure out an easier way thx

edit:
Sometimes my shield just pops up or I grab without turning around, what am I doing wrong?
There is a timing to it its just not as exact as the normal way.

What I do:

-hold back

-wait for warios butt to hit the ground

-almost immediately afterwards press Z 4 times really fast

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
was waiting for someone to figure out an easier way thx

edit:
Sometimes my shield just pops up or I grab without turning around, what am I doing wrong?
nothing this method is just wrong. If you want to do the CG then read fiction's post about it. There's no short cuts sorry.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
nothing this method is just wrong. If you want to do the CG then read fiction's post about it. There's no short cuts sorry.
what do you mean by wrong?

do you mean it's harder to do or that it doesn't work? Because it does work.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
This is inconsistent. I'm pretty sure you just happen to be hitting Z one of the times within the correct frame window.

Padô

Smash Lord
If you buffer it correctly all the CGs got the same difficulty unless the DK one which you doens't need to buffer.

I sent a PM with some really EASY steps to GiChan, I hope he posts it here. Also, Almost legendary is so right, this is not a 100% efective way to do it, you will miss it too much because you'll buffer the grab before the turn around.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
what do you mean by wrong?

do you mean it's harder to do or that it doesn't work? Because it does work.
Even a broke clock is right twice a day. You're better of doing the CG properly and learning it that way and actually become consistent with it instead of doing this "method" and I use that term very loosely.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I mean I learned it within an hour and can do it almost perfectly. I guess to each his own.

I just noticed that when fiction did it the normal way to DEHF he had to think in between each throw. With this version you can instantly D-throw cause you really don't have to think

Also, to anyone who's saying that it doesn't work, or you're buffering a forward grab, it's not because the tech doesn't work, it's because you're doing it wrong.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm going to admit defeat here. It may be easier just to do it the original way.(I realized I find both pretty easy to do lol)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Mashing works for buffering. I mean... if you were really fast, you could just spam back + z the entire animation and you would get it, lol. Holding back and then mashing Z wouldn't necessarily work because it might que the Z input before the held control stick.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Alright, well i was testing this in training mode the other day and i first tried it on normal speed. I was mashing Z or X (i use X for grab) and i ended up getting it sometimes, but sometimes i ended up shielding.

Next i tried it in 1/4 speed and it seemed to work well.

Is it possible to perfect this mash method? Dr. Phantx?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I wouldn't recommend this method for you Dyno it's not 100% accurate I'd suggest you reading this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10209509&postcount=260

People got it to work by reading it, if you have any questions about it tho feel free to ask me.
Not for me? why not?

Yes you are correct about pretty much everything on the post/link you gave me.

My question was "is it possible to perfect this mash method?" or is it more efficient to do it the normal "wait for wario's hands" buffer.

@Pedo: When you are talking about the analog stick first. the timeing of it. Do you want to be holding back then press Z when warios hands close or do you do Back on the analog stick and Z almost at the exact same time?

Padô

Smash Lord
Peido = Fart in portuguese too :)

@Dyno

About the Analog Stick... You might wanna release the Analog and press Z almost at at the same time when his hands are almost closing.

As I said, the button mash method is not 100% accurate and even if you train it a LOT of times you might miss it, if you master the normal Method actually you can be 100% you are landing the CG you are only missing it if you do something wrong.

tedeth

Smash Master
I've become fairly competent with the cg recently.

TRANSLATED INTO AMERICAN: I am the ****ing **** at the cg now.

And I do it with no visual cue at all. I just built up the muscle memory for it.

I do it by: dthrow, snap control stick in falco's direction as fast as possible, press z as fast as possible.

Seems to work for me. *shrug*

swordsaint

Smash Master
I've become fairly competent with the cg recently.

TRANSLATED INTO AMERICAN: I am the ****ing **** at the cg now.

And I do it with no visual cue at all. I just built up the muscle memory for it.

I do it by: dthrow, snap control stick in falco's direction as fast as possible, press z as fast as possible.

Seems to work for me. *shrug*
This is true.
I would beat you if you didn't have the chain grab. /trash

tedeth

Smash Master
Pay for me to go to America and I'll show you all how it's done. :p

EDIT: Alernatively, you guys could come over here fu fu fu fu fu.

Several American smash players are talking about coming over here later this year.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, it's not hard to do, lol. You just need to practice it.

Going to Australia would be cool, but not to play smash, haha. I would totally pull a Hawaii in order to spend a couple weeks over there... but I don't know if I would still be good enough to win, haha.

tedeth

Smash Master
PX if you ever seriously wanted to come over here you'd be pretty much guarenteed free housing. I'd be happy to show you the sights around Sydney and stuff. I live in one of the best bushwalking areas in the country so I could show you tonnes of mad stuff.

Also our beaches are *****in in summer. :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PX if you ever seriously wanted to come over here you'd be pretty much guarenteed free housing. I'd be happy to show you the sights around Sydney and stuff. I live in one of the best bushwalking areas in the country so I could show you tonnes of mad stuff.

Also our beaches are *****in in summer. :p
I'll keep it as an option :) This was the best part of the smash experience for me, meeting foreigners/people out of my state who are eager/happy to help others, haha.

I'll need a crash course on how to not get killed by everything that lives on that island, though :p

tedeth

Smash Master
Oh yeah. Wildlife over here is ****ing ****. We have like, the world's most poisonous spiders AND snakes. Boxing Kangaroos that will kick you so hard you'll be dead before you hit the ground. They're also smart and can try to down people in water if they find them there.

Insane jellyfish.

The platypus which is like the joke animal of the world.

And don't even get me started on the DROPBEARS! :O.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dropbears will kill you.

if you get bitten by the funnelweb spider, its so poisonous you'll be dead within the hour.
our snakes like to go into peoples houses when they get thirsty and theres no water around.
kangaroo's kicks break your neck on impact with you chest.
poisonous jellyfish that are invisible to the naked eye.
we have more deaths from shark attacks then we do shootings in aus.
spinefish that shoot spikes at you that contain a poison that wont kill you but it'll paralyze you for 24 hours, and by paralyze I mean you cant move and you cant even breathe and have to have someone give you mouth to mouth for the 24 hours (or be on a life support machine) and your still fully conscious and in pain while this is happening, ****ing scary ****.
crocodiles that can run much much faster then humans

australia is srs business

Top Bottom