• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

money113

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comments on Turtleboozer, guys!

I toyed around with him (no real matches yet), but I have to say I agree with Leo Kitsune. The reverse direction command in the jab combo really screws with you. You should either allow just holding the A button to succeed on the combo, or move the reverse direction operation a bit so it doesn't screw you up half the time. As is it's... kind of annoying.

But the rest is pretty cool from what I've tried.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're supposed to do A---> Side A, or Up A, stuff like that for comboing. Am I right?

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
random bad*** idea. Change shiek's down B to a down throw animation with huge poof of smoke that causes her to go invisble for 3 seconds.

Yes?

Please?

I'd do it myself but i don't understand the invisibility mod enough

Eldiran

Smash Lord
It's actually incredibly simple.

Visibility
0B020100: Parameter 1: Boolean

True means you're visible. False means you aren't.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to edit throw trajectories? If so, can you tell me how?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It's actually incredible simple.

Visibility
0B020100: Parameter 1: Boolean

True means you're visible. False means you aren't.
meh.

And how to add it into an Action ?

You click on "Add" then on "Modifiy" but then "???" ??? o.O i dont have any clue.

Hey, it looks like people are discovering this, and I should probably stop sitting on it. *lazy*

This is the command as in my notes:

Move Character
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

I don't know what the last two parameters do yet <.<
Same with that.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Oh. Well, you hit "Modify", then "Change", and then select the text field in the bottom right of the new window. Type in the command, 0B020100, in there. Then it will give you a single Parameter (which I mislabeled as Parameter 1; it's actually Parameter 0). From the drop-down menu that says Value, choose "Boolean". Then use the other drop-down to select true or false, and you're done!

For the other command, you type in the corresponding numbers in place of 0B020100, and select the other parameters in a similar way.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Oh. Well, you hit "Modify", then "Change", and then select the text field in the bottom right of the new window. Type in the command, 0B020100, in there. Then it will give you a single Parameter (which I mislabeled as Parameter 1; it's actually Parameter 0). From the drop-down menu that says Value, choose "Boolean". Then use the other drop-down to select true or false, and you're done!

For the other command, you type in the corresponding numbers in place of 0B020100, and select the other parameters in a similar way.
OK thx ^^

I will give it a try :)

GIGA KOOPLUS RELEASED! CLICK ON ME. NOW!

It is the character that I've been working on. It is beta. So yeaaah.
I would also like to fight a giant version of Bowser (I mean Giga Bowser with Bowsers Moveset) lol... do this after him xD

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Problems with full-range teleporting...

Well, it looks like the invisibility factor is getting some use... In case you're wondering, I just looked at the similarities between Zelda's, Sheik's, and Meta Knight's teleporting moves. There are a few variables that they have and that no other move has, so I figured that they must be the ones that control teleportation. After some guess and test, I figured out which one is the invisibility factor.

Unfortunately... the other ones don't seem to transfer to other characters properly. I think I'm going to have to build a teleport move from scratch. Eldiran's velocity variables might be able to help (I've already used them to fix up some of the glitches in other moves, like making Chaos Spear not send Shadow rushing forward for no clear reason).

But in order to get the teleport to work, I'll need to know how to check for analog stick input. Has anyone found a method for checking which direction (and pressure, if possible) the analog stick is held?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I've been working a little bit while i've been gone... Hmmm i'm thinking i may have a beta Release by Sunday.
Nao Teh Pics.
for now tho you can enjoy a preview of the next character to be UNLEASHED

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.. Tomorrow's my friday at work so sometime this weekend i'll have it up once i add hitboxes and more attacks

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Looks pretty cool, but what is it?

Well, it looks like the invisibility factor is getting some use... In case you're wondering, I just looked at the similarities between Zelda's, Sheik's, and Meta Knight's teleporting moves. There are a few variables that they have and that no other move has, so I figured that they must be the ones that control teleportation. After some guess and test, I figured out which one is the invisibility factor.

Unfortunately... the other ones don't seem to transfer to other characters properly. I think I'm going to have to build a teleport move from scratch. Eldiran's velocity variables might be able to help (I've already used them to fix up some of the glitches in other moves, like making Chaos Spear not send Shadow rushing forward for no clear reason).

But in order to get the teleport to work, I'll need to know how to check for analog stick input. Has anyone found a method for checking which direction (and pressure, if possible) the analog stick is held?
Isn't that what they tell you on kittycorp? Not sure, but a shadow sure sounds awesome :D

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Kyzon Xin, can you tell me the graphic you used for the tornado effect please :D. But if it's an external graphic... just forget it :(

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
Looks like the boomerang effect, which I think is external :/

Edit: actually I dont see any external effects on link's boomerang :)
So, it may be General Effect # A.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
its an external effect turtwig :(
and Rkey its gonna be my next "triforce unleashed" character

Um.. there's another tornado tho turt

lemme find the graphic.. its the one thats not part of my wind sword (need new name)

3000E i believe it is...
try that and see how it works

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
gah, kyzon it looks so awesome! and turt, hurricane ike sounds great.

Oh and just thought I'd share my opinion, when seeing all these creations, I can't get help but get the feeling that everyone is going about this wrong. I can't tell you how many characters I've seen, where basically you are just adding dark/lightning/any effects to characters and thinking that its awesome. D: Seeing animation swaps, physics changes, combinations of effects in innovative ways would be so frickin awesome instead of nine billion new characters just pumped up with visual effects to the max.

Of course, any new characters are good, and I look forward to testing them all. I'd help make some, but SA doesn't work on macs, so I am forced to watch from the sideline. Keep up the good stuff, I can't wait to see more characters!

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
its an external effect turtwig :(
and Rkey its gonna be my next "triforce unleashed" character

Um.. there's another tornado tho turt

lemme find the graphic.. its the one thats not part of my wind sword (need new name)

3000E i believe it is...
try that and see how it works
Okay I'll try it in a bit. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes :D

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman

Oh and just thought I'd share my opinion, when seeing all these creations, I can't get help but get the feeling that everyone is going about this wrong. I can't tell you how many characters I've seen, where basically you are just adding dark/lightning/any effects to characters and thinking that its awesome. D: Seeing animation swaps, physics changes, combinations of effects in innovative ways would be so frickin awesome instead of nine billion new characters just pumped up with visual effects to the max.

Of course, any new characters are good, and I look forward to testing them all. I'd help make some, but SA doesn't work on macs, so I am forced to watch from the sideline. Keep up the good stuff, I can't wait to see more characters!
Check out my lightning Luigi. I completely changed his standard B move. My Ike has a couple new moves too.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman

Thanks.. I'm planning on making this link very very different actually...
My ganon is different too but he's on hold while i play around with link and come up with new ideas for him.

Hopefully i can get someone to make some video's for me so everyone can see my character's in action

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thanks.. I'm planning on making this link very very different actually...
My ganon is different too but he's on hold while i play around with link and come up with new ideas for him.

Hopefully i can get someone to make some video's for me so everyone can see my character's in action
I'm sure Awesome Turtwig or 5ive would do it. Or someone else.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
better yet, put out a beta version for me to test right now. ;D

I wasn't addressing my statement at you guys so much as a general warning that basically I'm seeing alot of stuff that is based around giving a character some new gimmicky element like fire or something.

turt, I haven't tried out either of your characters, but lightning luigi basically is a perfect example of my point. To make a unique new character, you don't need to give them some effect. I love the feeling of testing a new move out far more then looking at my character and saying " cool! hes got darkness nao!!1!"

yeah but seriously you guys rock for making characters.

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
I figured that since I have updated my Flamer Falcon with minor tweaks since the first time that I posted him, here's the most recent version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmzyajlcmi2

Keep in mind, this was my first PSA project from like 3 days after release so not much about him is radical.

The changes from Captain Falcon are in my post on page 25 of this thread.

Edit: The reason I haven't updated this project is that I am working on Jiggs, and toying with Snake.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
lol the link is completely the same other than a nonworking forward smash and new Upsmash. i spent the ENTIRE day going through his personal data to find the wind for the sword.. but i'll try to work hard and get one out for ya by tomorrow tho. :p

oh i think that everyone should post what version of brawl they test their characters on since that could impact gameplay... as for my Ganon i have no idea how he plays in anything but Brawl +

so i'm thinking that in the required format for submitting characters people should post their version of brawl that they test with too

Pegs001

Smash Rookie
Kyzon thank you for at least making a PSA Link
i use the Ragna one for Ike and my friends best character is Link
and he doesnt like fighting me whenever i am Ike
hopefully u get some new moves, like Ragna the Bloodedge

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Fact: This thread needs more women. Somebody make a zelda/zss/peach edit please?

Fact: This thread needs less fire, ice, lightning, darkness, and water. Saying it once more, stop with the GFX.

Fact: Anyone who has submitted a character is win.

Fact: Anyone on these boards at this hour is win.

Fact: I always tell the truth; I always lie. <this is a conundrum, and is handy to fry the processors of any robots that happen to take over the world. Simply say this statement, and they will explode! handy for all your apocalypse needs.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I already have some new moves in mind Pegs.
the first pic up there is of the Upsmash (i may have to tweak that to keep balance)
and the 2 below it are Side Smash
and the one below that is charging the Upsmash

Will show progress tomorrow and release a beta sat or sunday

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Fact: This thread needs more women. Somebody make a zelda/zss/peach edit please?

Fact: This thread needs less fire, ice, lightning, darkness, and water. Saying it once more, stop with the GFX.

Fact: Anyone who has submitted a character is win.

Fact: Anyone on these boards at this hour is win.

Fact: I always tell the truth; I always lie. <this is a conundrum, and is handy to fry the processors of any robots that happen to take over the world. Simply say this statement, and they will explode! handy for all your apocalypse needs.

Funny you say that... Zelda Triforce Unleashed will be coming out after Link :p

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
lol sure O_o

its pretty crazy tho..
you slide far along the ground while charging and soon as you release it.... (screech) you stop and the attack begins

i'll PM you

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Kk Cookie

and here's how i came to find the graphic for the sword... I went through all of link's files i could find and here's two versions of an unfinished sword while i was looking

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't addressing my statement at you guys so much as a general warning that basically I'm seeing alot of stuff that is based around giving a character some new gimmicky element like fire or something.
I understand what you mean, in fact I didn't want my character to seem gimmicky at all so I've only made a single GFX edit. Chances are you'll like my Link. As of right now, none of his specials are the original ones (even though Up B still needs tweaking), and some of his A moves are different as well. Expect a release by this week-end.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Really cool stuff by the way, love the F-smash animation.

Just from my initial test, I really wanted to point out two things;

The back of the U-smash has NO hitboxes. zilch zip zero. Occasionally if they are right inside you the hitboxes from in front will hit, but thats just pointless. Maybe since the tornado spawns from behind him and moves towards him, you could add a wind effect to pull them to in front of you? Also, the hitbox above should be extended, as this is an u-smash.

The momentum of the U-smash and the dash attack are both really messed up. The u-smash slides fine when charging, but then when you let go you just stop dead and lose all momentum. Also, the dash attack just stops and locks you in place, which is really odd.

Oh and btw, you already know this, but the f-smash needs some kind of hitbox.

EDIT: used the move in slow motion, why does he spawn a wind sword while charging, then put it away at the start of the move, until it pops up behind him and becomes a tornado? a bit of a head scratcher.

Still, awesome stuff once again!

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I understand what you mean, in fact I didn't want my character to seem gimmicky at all so I've only made a single GFX edit. Chances are you'll like my Link. As of right now, none of his specials are the original ones (even though Up B still needs tweaking), and some of his A moves are different as well. Expect a release by this week-end.
I think I read that you are making a projectile-less Link, right? that plus no GFX sounds uber sexy, as long as you fix his recovery. Your release shall be much anticipated.

EDIT: double posting sucks. Dx<

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Really cool stuff by the way, love the F-smash animation.

Just from my initial test, I really wanted to point out two things;

The back of the U-smash has NO hitboxes. zilch zip zero. Occasionally if they are right inside you the hitboxes from in front will hit, but thats just pointless. Maybe since the tornado spawns from behind him and moves towards him, you could add a wind effect to pull them to in front of you? Also, the hitbox above should be extended, as this is an u-smash.

The momentum of the U-smash and the dash attack are both really messed up. The u-smash slides fine when charging, but then when you let go you just stop dead and lose all momentum. Also, the dash attack just stops and locks you in place, which is really odd.

Oh and btw, you already know this, but the f-smash needs some kind of hitbox.

Still, awesome stuff once again!
the reason i have the upsmash like that is because when let it keep going it KEEPS going.. like further than the full distance of Final Destination. the dash attack has a broken-ness to it when i let it slide since you can instantly do any move out of it and it slides far. but i am switching up the hitbox for the Dash attack. like giving it a wind effect thats similar to Ness' Dash attack.. unless i can figure out how to make it slide less without killing all of link's traction.

Lol the Fsmash will get its hitbox now that i have the sword down finally.

I will be working on some hitboxes behind link.. or actually maybe that wind... it sounds pretty boss :D

overall i may just turn down the traction for him and allow his moves to slide again.. but he's supposed to have a "windy" like fighting style.. Think avatar aang... I'll find something hmmm

I think I read that you are making a projectile-less Link, right? that plus no GFX sounds uber sexy, as long as you fix his recovery. Your release shall be much anticipated.

EDIT: double posting sucks. Dx<
Double Post FTW

and Yes i plan to get rid of all of link's Projectiles... Probably not in the first Release but deffinatelly after that since my understanding is becoming much greater.

Thanks for the Feedback tho.... I'm Glad to hear it and will see what i can do to fix it all..... much better than my brother going "everything's broken.. make it weaker... broken... broken... broken"

lol

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Oh i was experimenting with the sword on other animations to see how it would look with him holding it..
just never decided if i link it with his Upsmash or if i wanna take it off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom