• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayru

Smash Rookie
New to the scene

Hey guys, I'm new to the tourny thing and was told by a tekken friend of mine that I should go out and find the smash community for H-town (as to better my playing). Anyways, not sure if this is the place to post, but I saw the thread title and figured it's in town, might as well see if I can get in on some of the action.
I guess I just need to know what info I need to post to get to know everyone, and some of the lingo I'm seeing. At any rate, I'm a samus player, and I have a friend who's a Marth, along w/ my Bro who's Fox/D.Mario. We basically play eachother, and things are getting old...fast, we've grown tired of pwning random ppl at UH(main campus), so I guess it's my duty to get out and find new ppl to play against.
Alright, I'm off to class, but hopefully I'll get to meet some great players, peace ^_^y

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm new to the tourny thing and was told by a tekken friend of mine that I should go out and find the smash community for H-town (as to better my playing). Anyways, not sure if this is the place to post, but I saw the thread title and figured it's in town, might as well see if I can get in on some of the action.
I guess I just need to know what info I need to post to get to know everyone, and some of the lingo I'm seeing. At any rate, I'm a samus player, and I have a friend who's a Marth, along w/ my Bro who's Fox/D.Mario. We basically play eachother, and things are getting old...fast, we've grown tired of pwning random ppl at UH(main campus), so I guess it's my duty to get out and find new ppl to play against.
Alright, I'm off to class, but hopefully I'll get to meet some great players, peace ^_^y
Whoooooooa slow down there buddy.. pwning ppl at UH?! I go to UH main and where are these smashers?? I've heard about a few people who play Street Fighter or something and wanted to start playing smash too but I thought that was all a myth.

I'll play you at UH.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, UH? It's the first I've heard about anyone from UH wanting to play smash. It's mostly Tekken and SF:3S. Yeah, where do you live Vayru? A couple of smashers do go to UH...

Popertop

Smash Champion
I go to college in Beaumont currently at Lamar University, and I live on campus in the dorms, but my house is in houston and I go down there some weekends.
16415 Longvale Dr., Houston, TX. 77059
It's in the Brookforest subdivision in Clear Lake, if anybody's near me.
I should be able to regularly attend smash events over the summer.
Does anybody know of good competitive play in Beaumont though?

legendary07

Smash Rookie
Hey guys Im new to the scene also but I still know everything thats goin...I picked up most everything I know from Jeremy but I thought this would be a perfect time to get out in the smash community so yea...I main sheik and stay is Missouri City and I also have a couple friends that should be joining on here shortly

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
My friend and I are probably gonna attend this Tourney... Just curious.. How far is it from Katy?....

The link on the first page is dead... So what is the address of the person Hosting the Tourney?
Thanks in Advance.

Name is Marcus and Friends name is Nelson..

Anyways I play Mario, Falco, and Doc.. basically...
And my Friend plays Marth, Falco and Fox

Cell phone= 281-638-1261
Any Katy Smashers? Hit Up my Cell don't be afraid i don't bit... And lol call me after nine Preferably

dawn001

Smash Ace
wow mario player we dont have none here in houston is good that we are having all kinds of new players with new characters in houston to play well since am the first let me WELCOME YALL to the community of houston smashers....

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Umm... Not to be harsh or anything but... It was hard to understand the above post.. :)

Dawn do you have any videos.. of the Best Smashers in the Houston Area?

Any Katy Smashers? If so call me up cuz i am gonna have a mini smash thing at my house and i would love to see what you guys got...

D

Deleted member

I go to college in Beaumont currently at Lamar University, and I live on campus in the dorms, but my house is in houston and I go down there some weekends.
i live right next to clear lake maybe we can play sometime.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think there are any east texas smashers, but I think you live really close to LA, and I know people there that play. I am not sure how close they are to you though. The only real LA player I know of is Cyphus. I think he has other peeps he plays with.

Cesar, you should come to mag and we all smash here, it'll be fun stuff.

Vayru

Smash Rookie
Whoooooooa slow down there buddy.. pwning ppl at UH?! I go to UH main and where are these smashers?? I've heard about a few people who play Street Fighter or something and wanted to start playing smash too but I thought that was all a myth.

I'll play you at UH.

Well, I said random ppl, and I truly mean that. Me and my friend usually drop by in the evening to play ppl in the Towers (North I think). The RA for the 14th floor is my friend, so we ***** out the lobby and ppl come when they see a wii. We've fought roughly....8 ppl or so, and I had guessed that there had to be more than that at UH that actually played the game well. We plan on having a weekly "smash fest" type thing where we play wii sports,M.party,smash etc. So far Thursday seems like a good day, but maybe monday or friday as well. I'll try and give a time (probably around 8pm or so) once we decide on how to do it weekly.

TGM

Smash Lord
The link on the 1st page is fixed.

Bear,shiek ditto.

En Tragic the front page of this thread tells you everything you need to know.

And UH has no good smashers. so practice with us and make your college good.

On a side note, i went to Rice university last night to smash and i saw naked women running around licking wip cream off of guys......of course i went over there and told them i use marth and they immediatly started to rub on me!

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think there are any east texas smashers, but I think you live really close to LA, and I know people there that play. I am not sure how close they are to you though. The only real LA player I know of is Cyphus. I think he has other peeps he plays with.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Cyphus, John Wu and Lee all still play. But, Cyphus lives in Houma, which is like an hour outside of New Orleans (?) so that ends up being a bit far from Texas, really.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And UH has no good smashers.
I go to UH. ;_;

On a side note, i went to Rice university last night to smash and i saw naked women running around licking wip cream off of guys......of course i went over there and told them i use marth and they immediatly started to rub on me!
Rice is epic win. If I had known, I would have gone for some smash...

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
doesnt Mog go to UH? we should all play! monday is the best day, everybody has school on monday so we can go smash after school (my last class ends at 2:30pm)

EDIT: Asim -----9634 weldridge drive sugar land tx 77478----832 788 2572

Popertop

Smash Champion
Well, I can't really go an hour away to LA right quick 'cause I don't have a car.
Maybe if there was a huge overnight tourney at Baton Rouge, or somewhere closer to Beaumont that would be awesome. I found a couple of smashers here at the dorms, and some people I go to choir with. They're pretty good.
Yeah, we should definitely meet up in the future.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
cant wait to play then.....we will see.......................going home on a holloween night to play some smash with a bucket full of candy.......hell yeah:chuckle:
im getting off early tonite. who wanna play smash?
ill master match u both does that sound fair? or do we have to do sumthing else like a milk match or sumthing random? and white shiek pwns!

VOID i can play u anytime but i wanna play TGM so how bout it TGM u wanna play me (im really not that goos since i dont own the game but i can give u a hell of a match)If u do were u wanna play

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
MAN i want to smash hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOS WITH ME??????????????

*says without no feeling* i do

guys I asked four times on these forums on who was interested in playing TODAY and so far I only got 2 confirmations and sorry bear I can't go to magnolia :( lol so if you guys are still feeling up to it come to my house around 4:35 or later if you want

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
i doooooo not wanna get owned =( but ceasar if i can convince kage for us to go that would be awsome ill see if we can

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
The link on the 1st page is fixed.

Bear,shiek ditto.

En Tragic the front page of this thread tells you everything you need to know.

And UH has no good smashers. so practice with us and make your college good.

When you say "they immediately started to rub on me", are you referring to the guys with the wip cream or the girl? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom