• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayru

Smash Rookie
I had work today and have work tomorrow, so argh...I'm probably going to go to a local Gamestop tourney on Saturday and try to knock out the current champion. It isn't anyone that I know of...

Hmm, I would be very interested in smashing with you peeps from UH, but this week looks bad. Maybe next Friday or something. If not, come to the tournament. You'll get lots of experience. :)
Where can I find the info on that tourney? If it's not too far, I'm up for it. (new to tourneys all together, so sorry if this is a nublet question)
Also, we're trying to make the UH smash thing a weekly event. We might also try monday (still working w/ everyones schedule), but today had a decent number of ppl show. We had Pizza and what not, so it was fun :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tourney info on first page.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find the info on that tourney? If it's not too far, I'm up for it. (new to tourneys all together, so sorry if this is a nublet question)
Also, we're trying to make the UH smash thing a weekly event. We might also try monday (still working w/ everyones schedule), but today had a decent number of ppl show. We had Pizza and what not, so it was fun :D
I"ll be staying in houston for awhile come sunday night so if you decide to have any fests or anything I would have a strong chance of attending. The same goes for anybody else. I'll be staying at 5600 Chimney Rock rd. 77081

oh and for the Houston Directory
516 West Republic, Baytown, 77520 (832-262-0373)

TGM

Smash Lord
we can have it at me monthlie. it can be a MM or a MM or a MM. the three MM's. which ever one u want.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
hey TGM do you have the name's of peole that are going to your tourny??? it would be nice if you can posted them..
\

yo dawn so for sure your going to TGMS smashfest if so ill try to bring some more smashers along with kage and void

and ceasar (wtf) sorry i couldnt make it i couldnt get ahold of kage

dawn001

Smash Ace
\

yo dawn so for sure your going to TGMS smashfest if so ill try to bring some more smashers along with kage and void

and ceasar (wtf) sorry i couldnt make it i couldnt get ahold of kage
hell yeah iam going but you need to get more DINERO!! so that you can enter the tourny save up dude!!!

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
can anybody come to my house today im bored.....if you can pm me or call my cell 713 377 8516

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
yea got way better but still practicing some combo its- b down, wave dash, light jump, c-stick down, l-cancel and keep repeating yea-lol-i almost got it down

Vayru

Smash Rookie
I had work today and have work tomorrow, so argh...I'm probably going to go to a local Gamestop tourney on Saturday and try to knock out the current champion. It isn't anyone that I know of...

Hmm, I would be very interested in smashing with you peeps from UH, but this week looks bad. Maybe next Friday or something. If not, come to the tournament. You'll get lots of experience. :)
I still can't find any info on this gamestop tournament you're talking about. Went to their website/googled it, nada. All I found was some Halo2,NBA2k8, and pokemon stuff. Oh yea, Guitar Hero3 tournies for everyone apparently.

TGM

Smash Lord
ALL of me tournies will be STDs. and i wont make alist, i i can tell u 32 or more will show. andim glad ronnie changed his mind.

TGM

Smash Lord
Drew, starting here and now. can u please warn ANYBODY that does AIM type convo on here? PLEASE! even if its me. this will get peoople to stop.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
hey tgm, don't know if you remember me. my name is ivan and i played you at smash: ex a long long time ago hahaha. that was the only tournament i really went to. i'm at rice now so i've met adam and them. hopefully i'll be able to come to your tournaments with them eventually (i haven't asked them yet xP) but i'm gonna be busy the weekend of nov 10th =(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I still can't find any info on this gamestop tournament you're talking about. Went to their website/googled it, nada. All I found was some Halo2,NBA2k8, and pokemon stuff. Oh yea, Guitar Hero3 tournies for everyone apparently.
Ah, that is because it is the only store doing it. There will be three tournaments: Pokemon DS at 1PM, Smash (Singles and Teams) at 4PM, and Guitar Hero III at 7(?)PM. Keep in mind, it's a local tournament so don't expect too much competition, but you might be surprised.

Let's see, from what I was told, the prizes for Smash won't be anything fancy, but it is free entry and SINGLE elimination (you lose a set, you're out). I'm not sure if they will use MLG ruleset, but I'll let them know if it becomes important. Previous prizes were usually those giant cardboard stands that advertise games, but they did give out one of those collectible Phantom Hourglass cell art print with a really low serial number (in the 100s) at one of the tourneys. I know that the Guitar Hero III tourney has a $25 gift card for first place. After all the tourneys, you can hang around and play friendlies, Guitar Hero III, or even try Super Mario Galaxy, which I've already beaten the final boss (it's a great game).

Anywho, anyone who is reeeeeeally bored that wants to go, it's located at:

The Market at Town-F
2571 Town Center Blvd
Sugar Land TX, 77479 US
Phone: (281)980-1816

Don't go out of your way though if you don't live by, just wait for a REAL tournament at TGM's next weekend.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Ah, that is because it is the only store doing it. There will be three tournaments: Pokemon DS at 1PM, Smash (Singles and Teams) at 4PM, and Guitar Hero III at 7(?)PM. Keep in mind, it's a local tournament so don't expect too much competition, but you might be surprised.

Let's see, from what I was told, the prizes for Smash won't be anything fancy, but it is free entry and SINGLE elimination (you lose a set, you're out). I'm not sure if they will use MLG ruleset, but I'll let them know if it becomes important. Previous prizes were usually those giant cardboard stands that advertise games, but they did give out one of those collectible Phantom Hourglass cell art print with a really low serial number (in the 100s) at one of the tourneys. I know that the Guitar Hero III tourney has a $25 gift card for first place. After all the tourneys, you can hang around and play friendlies, Guitar Hero III, or even try Super Mario Galaxy, which I've already beaten the final boss (it's a great game).

Anywho, anyone who is reeeeeeally bored that wants to go, it's located at:

The Market at Town-F
2571 Town Center Blvd
Sugar Land TX, 77479 US
Phone: (281)980-1816

Don't go out of your way though if you don't live by, just wait for a REAL tournament at TGM's next weekend.
wait. is this tournament TOMORROW?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
wait. is this tournament TOMORROW?
Correct. They will have smash EVERY weekend until Brawl comes out, or until they fell like stopping it. I'm sure they'll have Guitar Hero for a while as well.

oncearunner

Smash Apprentice
i work at the kona grill and from 3-5 is my break time usually for saturdays.

im going to stop by and see how i fair :)

if anyone remembers me from a SA tourney i went to last year, im MRAF ;)

Vayru

Smash Rookie
Thanks a ton for all the info Rocket, I'll probably drop by since I've got nothing else to do, and it's experience nonetheless. Hope to have some fun there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom