• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win Presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - Results

WarranThad

Smash Ace
solution vs lariat: sagat.

the blanka player did fine vs my 'gief qq more on the new us tier list hes like 7th (though they have seth in 2nd LOL)

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I heard the list was translated wrong or something, so someone fixed the math and ended up with something more people can agree on:

1. Sagat 153 (+33)
2. Balrog (Boxer) 140 (+20)
3. Blanka 136 (+16)
4. Zangief 135 (+15)
5. Ryu 134 (+14)
6. Seth 131 (+11)
7. Chun Li 129 (+9)
8. M. Bison (Dictator) 127 (+7)
8. Rufus 127 (+7)
10. Akuma (Gouki) 126 (+6)
10. Ken 126 (+6)
12. C. Viper 122 (+2)
13. E. Honda 121 (+1)
14. Dhalsim 120 (-)
15. Guile 119 (-1)
16. Gouken 118 (-2)
17. Abel 117 (-3)
18. El Fuerte 114 (-6)
19. Fei Long 111 (-9)
20. Vega (Claw) 107 (-13)
21. Cammy 104 (-16)
21. Gen 104 (-16)
23. Rose 103 (-17)
24. Dan 100 (-20)
25. Sakura 76 (-44)

Of course, this list can be total bs too, but more people seemed to agree with it more.

Anyways, it looks like a lot of match ups are even, even within the bottom tiers versus the top tiers. So I guess this game is pretty balanced, lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
how can five characters be worst than Vega.

Seriously.
Especially when one of them is Sakura, and Cammy ***** Akuma really really hard...although this list doesn't have Akuma as high as he is on the JP list.

Fireballs do not solve gief. Anyone who saw me play knows I do nothing but spam fireballs, teleport/air hurricane kick away and wait for openings if i feel like doing something other than shooting more fireballs. Pat's gief still destroyed me. He can hit me once and it covers as much damage as like 3 or 4 fireballs hitting him, and then I somehow have to get past his lariats. Gief is ridiculous.

edit: Also looooooooooool noooooooooo way is Gouken worse than Guile. I'm hard-pressed to believe Guile is better than anyone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
bam - show up next time noob

vwins - sorry for the emo during friendlies after tourney we'll play more next time

pkm - we'll get 'em next time. nice characters. we should play more friendlies you're too much fun to play.

kage - brinstar fails. nice work on kongo though

reggie - beat kage noob. cheek lick mindgames

jarc - <3 we should play more, you're too good / funny / sexy

testrider - let's do irl kirby dittos.

zaf - nurgle.

thad - cool seeing you again.

joel - ditto.

zen - let's have a special mm

gta - good stuff

greg - nice marth and samus, thanks for helping me warmup

fogel - your fox isn't bad. wtf when did you learn fox? sheik dittos are as gay as balls

random ike guy - best brawl player imo

sanuzi - no pot for you

sylar - hey sexy

gps system - fuck you

teddy - best dog ever

unknown522 - thanx for the **** in everything

raynex - thanx for the **** in everything

falcon who took me to pokefloats in pools - triple soft knee ko is lol

jigglypuff in pools - puff is gay but nice back airs :D

falco / ics guy in pools who i played at sff3 - you should find more people to play against. you can l-cancel now though good stuff

phrozn - we didn't play D: why didn't we play D;

techiyo - nice characters

fun tournament. emo at the end was meh but mostly avoided.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I heard the list was translated wrong or something, so someone fixed the math and ended up with something more people can agree on:

1. Sagat 153 (+33)
2. Balrog (Boxer) 140 (+20)
3. Blanka 136 (+16)
4. Zangief 135 (+15)
5. Ryu 134 (+14)
6. Seth 131 (+11)
7. Chun Li 129 (+9)
8. M. Bison (Dictator) 127 (+7)
8. Rufus 127 (+7)
10. Akuma (Gouki) 126 (+6)
10. Ken 126 (+6)
12. C. Viper 122 (+2)
13. E. Honda 121 (+1)
14. Dhalsim 120 (-)
15. Guile 119 (-1)
16. Gouken 118 (-2)
17. Abel 117 (-3)
18. El Fuerte 114 (-6)
19. Fei Long 111 (-9)
20. Vega (Claw) 107 (-13)
21. Cammy 104 (-16)
21. Gen 104 (-16)
23. Rose 103 (-17)
24. Dan 100 (-20)
25. Sakura 76 (-44)

Of course, this list can be total bs too, but more people seemed to agree with it more.

Anyways, it looks like a lot of match ups are even, even within the bottom tiers versus the top tiers. So I guess this game is pretty balanced, lol.
good list

except Cammy/Gouki higher

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
What is it that makes Blanka so good? o,o Did the range on his grab get nerfed btw~
If you ever play against Guru's brother's Blanka, you'll know. I was seriously underwhelmed by every Blanka player I saw at FFYF2 (even Wooley) after having played Guru's brother. Blanka is just unapproachable. Electricity beats pretty much everything and comes out so fast. The only way to really fight him is to watch for his rolls, block and punish, and if you're not careful when punishing you'll get baited into an ultra for 50-60% of your life bar. Also his EX roll that like jumps over you is pretty much random in which way you have to block it...it's a cross-up just by chance, not design...it's so stupid ><.

Seriously though, Sakura is not nearly that bad. I'm not sure exactly how good she is...she feels like a high/top tier to me, but that could just be me. 2x low short -> EX SRK -> ultra or EX Hurricane Kick -> Ultra...so good...She's definitely not the worst though... Hell, even Dan isn't that bad. Nobody should be below Guile and Vega, ever.

BigRick

Smash Master
fastest character on the ground
forward+KKK can cross up the opponent
his balls are safe on block against most characters
ex ball goes thru fireballs
he has the most damaging ultra in the game
very good normals

blanka is a big ????????? character

buenob

Smash Lord
whoever had the vcr recording, are you uploading vids? (sorry to bring the discussion back to brawl...)

I had a hilarious match against Ally that I need to watch... and by hilarious I mean he kicked my ***, but I still want to watch it lol

idea

Smash Master
haha, i'm glad blanka is good. the coolest characters should always be good. mewtwo in melee and sonic in brawl should have been high tier (+ have moves that aren't spindash).

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
If you ever play against Guru's brother's Blanka, you'll know. I was seriously underwhelmed by every Blanka player I saw at FFYF2 (even Wooley) after having played Guru's brother. Blanka is just unapproachable. Electricity beats pretty much everything and comes out so fast. The only way to really fight him is to watch for his rolls, block and punish, and if you're not careful when punishing you'll get baited into an ultra for 50-60% of your life bar. Also his EX roll that like jumps over you is pretty much random in which way you have to block it...it's a cross-up just by chance, not design...it's so stupid ><.

Seriously though, Sakura is not nearly that bad. I'm not sure exactly how good she is...she feels like a high/top tier to me, but that could just be me. 2x low short -> EX SRK -> ultra or EX Hurricane Kick -> Ultra...so good...She's definitely not the worst though... Hell, even Dan isn't that bad. Nobody should be below Guile and Vega, ever.
Sakura's problem is that she doesn't hurt enough, even with her combos. But I agree that she isn't all that bad; shes actually one of my favorites. I have seen some decent Guiles though, but yeah, Vega should be near that bottom and have no one else underneath him.

his balls are safe
Heh. Are you sure they weren't inert?

haha, i'm glad blanka is good. the coolest characters should always be good. mewtwo in melee and sonic in brawl should have been high tier (+ have moves that aren't spindash).
Both sonic and Blanka have a spindash torpedoesk move, thus by this logic, Sonic for top tier.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sakura's problem is that she doesn't hurt enough, even with her combos. But I agree that she isn't all that bad; shes actually one of my favorites. I have seen some decent Guiles though, but yeah, Vega should be near that bottom and have no one else underneath him.
EX Hurricane Kick -> light special jump -> punch x3 does quite a bit of damage and doesn't require ultra bar, EX Hurricane Kick is pretty easy to land too and armor breaks. She has some really cool combos, but they are hard to even remember all of the inputs for, let alone execute because they are so complex; e.g. her hard trial #1 (or 2 maybe) combo: j.HP, c.LK, c.LP, HP, l-SRK, m-SRK... it doesn't seem that hard..it's only 6 moves, but when you consider that you're moving between different buttons for each hit it gets stupid. Still, top level players will be able to do this stuff without any trouble.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
imo guile isn't that bad.

his anti air is ridiculous and sonic boom is p. good. just wish he had better dmg output

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Guile's anti-air and sonic boom are charge moves. His anti-air is really predictable if you pay attention to him, and sonic boom is the most telegraphed projectile in the game. There's ways to approach other than the air, and every character has some sort of answer to projectiles; even the ones who don't have projectiles have a grounded approach move that bypasses projectiles.

also BigRick I'm pretty sure Gief's ultra does more than Blanka's..... frackin' Gief.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Hello, I would just like to share with you all that larriats are pretty homosexual (take that word filter).

I have however, found a way around them.

BigRick

Smash Master
also BigRick I'm pretty sure Gief's ultra does more than Blanka's..... frackin' Gief.
Gief's super does more than Blanka's ultra... Gief's Ultra does less damage than both on purpose because he can pull one out every round

Hello, I would just like to share with you all that larriats are pretty homosexual (take that word filter).

I have however, found a way around them.
punch lariat is vulnerable to sweeps while kick has a little less priority so more pokes can beat it.... that's all there is to it... you just need to find what moves your character can use against it, training mode can help

zaf

Smash Lord
One week old SHOUTOUTS

Well, this was my very first tournament hosting. I went into it knowing what not to do *cough cough* philly *cough*, so i assumed it could be run really smoothly. So before I give any shout outs i would like to make a group shout out to everyone that came.

Thank you everyone for coming, it is you that makes the community stronger. Thank you everyone for stopping matches when I asked you to, and thank you everyone for playing your matches when I asked you to. Thank you to everyone for bringing any piece of equipment. Buenob I still have your extention cord and power bar, I will make sure you get it soon.

Joel - One of my biggest thank yous goes out to you Joel. You helped out so much in every aspect and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Jarc - Same goes to you Jarc, you pretty much ran melee by yourself since Chet had to play so much. Thanks for the Kirby ditto's on dreamland too.

Chet - Not much to say here since I've already said it all. Gratz on all your placings and thank you for co-hosting this with me, I had so much fun.

Ally- You are a ****. use snake 100%. other than that i love you. gratz on winning every brawl event, you are truly canada's best at brawl.

Holy - I want to play you, we need to play1111 Gratz on your placing, only ally seems to be the one beating you now. TAKE HIM OUT!!!

Elef - thanks for being there for when my dream finally came true man.

Zaf's life long dream - I have been playing competitive video games since i was like 15 now, starting with cs. I wanted to go pro in every game I started or switched over to. My dream was to make money playing these games, and on that saturday when chesterr01 and I placed 2nd in doubles, my dream came true. I know i didnt make THAAAT much, but it still fulfilled something I have always wanted to do.

buenob - Oh man, i can not wait to have a rematch with you. It is 1-1 right now and I will play you on a crt =P.

Linkshot - you have greatly improved since obscene, keep up the good work.

Fogel - thanks very much for coming, it is always great to see you.

Saus - great bracket matches man, what a solid ike. Keep up the good work

Lunsford - Oh man, all week i have been telling people how i didnt deserve the first match of our bracket set and it is soooo true. I need to re-tell the story one last time.

Lincoln and I were both on our last stock at high %. He was grabbing the ledge as i was shielding above him. He jumps, performs a DK PUNCH and it hits me right through shield and kills me up. Lincoln at the same time missed the edge and was falling to his death and died right before i did lol.

Marx ford - great job in doubles with your bro. it was so close, went to the last match. Too bad you couldnt of played in singles i would of loved to watch you.

fizzi - good stuff man, you played very well with thad. you will show everyone next time in singles dont worry

bento - i love box and i mean that in all aspects. Thanks for your shout out to me, it was very meaningful.

kirt - pools....:(

vwins - oh **** this dude doesnt even play brawl and he gets 5th. Good **** vinny. I will try and bring my set up to jarcs more to play with you

kage - <3

all of TDOT - thank you very much for coming. it means a lot for you guys to come here, and it is always great to see you guys. I havent really got around to talking to you guys, except for david because he is so attracted to me, but next time ill make sure we all get to chill

strombert- holy ****. thats all i can say ....... you were a huge surprize and probably the stand out player of the tourney. You did amazing and i cant wait to play you in future tourneys

kr3wman - good **** in doubles man, im proud of ya. keep working on that kirby i see a lot of potential man.

agora - good **** man, you performed very well and i can see you improving very quickly. Im happy the $3 beers appealed to you!!

brick - his name is big rick, his name is big rick, rick rick his name is big rick.

Pastaboy - omg thank you so much for coming, you look so sexy in my hat. but where is all the chicken =[ =[ =[ =[ sorry you had to leave so late, i know it sucks but you can show us your game next time we play

I'll be stopping here before it gets too long, but if i missed you, sorry you know i probably love you anyways.

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
Did anyone happen to find a white unofficial (not from Nintendo) memory card at the venue downstairs? I haven't seen my memory card since I was there >.>.

Vwins

Smash Ace
lol I didnt read this thread at first because I knew what I was going to read, toronto people like Ryan talking like they were the best player around only because they beat me for the first time but oh well its sad since I never said anything bad about you guys when I won in the past and anyway I guess its one of the disadvantage that comes with the top ranking statue. I'm not going to hide behind any johns like some people do because I know that any top player already lost a tournament in his gaming life. I'm just going to come stronger in the next tournament and shut up the people who dont have any respect in victory.

I had more fun playing brawl singles in this tournament than I expected. It was really nice to play the top brawl players, I should play you guys more often. Maybe some day I'll come to your house Ally and holy if I can, to improve my ZSS and brawl skills :). And swordguard I cant be online on wifi since I dont have a Wii lol.

Good job chet, zaf and jarc on the organisation of this tournament and shame to everyone who choked at the last minute. The venue was nice and easy to access, I hope we will get it again in the future. Finally, I can assure you that if one day I see the guy who stole the melee team money, I'm going to kill him by throwing in his face my endless resources of crappy gamecube controller. No but seriously there's really some mother****ingstupidass people in life.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I had more fun playing brawl singles in this tournament than I expected. It was really nice to play the top brawl players, I should play you guys more often. Maybe some day I'll come to your house Ally and holy if I can, to improve my ZSS and brawl skills :). And swordguard I cant be online on wifi since I dont have a Wii lol.
Yeah that would be nice, I also need to practice against that match-up and maybe in turn you'll get more used to my ROB.

Good job chet, zaf and jarc on the organisation of this tournament and shame to everyone who choked at the last minute. The venue was nice and easy to access, I hope we will get it again in the future. Finally, I can assure you that if one day I see the guy who stole the melee team money, I'm going to kill him by throwing in his face my endless resources of crappy gamecube controller. No but seriously there's really some mother****ingstupidass people in life.
That was really ****ing gay, I don't know who was in charge of the melee money but next time have someone more responsable handle it <_<

Also are the low tier singles result gonna be uploaded? Did you guys use tio for that lmao.

Top Bottom