• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Well? DId you see his training sessions at the start of the trailer? XD

Oh, btw... Do you think his 1HKO move will be useful in Homerun Contest?
Kinda doubtful, since it launches things upwards.

No Warlock Punch world records here.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like the thought of his OHKO. I think of it like the Wario Waft. It's powerful, and can be released with extreme speed, making it unpredictable at close range.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Anybody else seeing Mac as Ike + Captain Falcon's running speed?

Seriously, the armor, the huge hits, the counter, the charge dash, and the terrible recovery.

...sounds like fun to me. : )

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@Yoichi: Judging from the whole Knock Out Meter shtick, I think Sakurai is aiming for what amounts to an arcade/SNES vibe. The first Punch-Out!!, an arcade game, had that exact meter. Same for both iterations of Super Punch-Out!!.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
The Mac hype has overpowered me, and I have succumbed to the urge to join this board as a result. HELLO EVERYONE.

I've watched the trailer multiple times now and it still blows me away. Doc's commentary, Mac's sheer speed and power, the comic intro...It's too hype. Mac's gonna be great fun to watch and play.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yep, I'm gonna be playing some Punch Out games soon.

Also I have no idea why everyone is telling me Mac has a bad aerial game. High fall speed = Very good Short-Hopped Fast-Falled Aerials. Just look at Fox. Mac's fair also looks like it hits like a Mack (HAH) truck.

If anything, Mac's edgeguarding game is subpar. Dude looks like he probably doesn't have a spike and can't go more than an inch offstage.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
While its to early to say his air game is bad, I think it can be agreed that his ground game is just vastly superior and where he wants to be. I imagine he also wants to avoid platforned stages (his own stage is probably best for him but its a walk off so who knows where it ends up)

Only way I see Little Mac being able to do any Edge guarding is if he has super armor on his air attacks.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
@Yoichi: Judging from the whole Knock Out Meter shtick, I think Sakurai is aiming for what amounts to an arcade/SNES vibe. The first Punch-Out!!, an arcade game, had that exact meter. Same for both iterations of Super Punch-Out!!.
I know...but still. Why give him a Super Punch-Out moveset with a Punch-Out Wii design?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I suppose we'd have to see more of his aerials. His Fair seems good but his Nair(?) has this laggy little windup on it. Assuming that is his Nair it's a lot slower than most other characters'. Time will tell I suppose.

EDIT: Looking at the trailer again the move I was thinking was his Fair could possibly be how his Star Uppercut special works in the air, meaning that laggy swing could be his actual Fair.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Why does Link have moves from Zelda II?

They take moveset inspiration from wherever. As long as it works, it doesn't matter.
Well, in Link's case, most of those moves became staples of the series, like the Down Stab and whatnot.
But Punch-Out's staple is the Star Punch.
Still interested in the KO Punch though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Alright, so now that Mac's in, if you had to choose ANOTHER Punch Out character who would it be?
Personally I would go with King Hippo.
Actually speaking of king hippo, theres a poster in the reveal that reads "king hippo"... assist trophy/boss? I didn't see any other posters that were clear enough to say which boxer the poster was for in the trailer.

Exor

Smash Cadet
Yo longtime Smashboards lurker here, made an account a few days back, and although I am a bit late to this party I just want you all to know this is my first post here.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKJAFKL:JHALFHA:LFHLA:KJFAL:KDJK:LAK:LJD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAC CONFIRMED FOR SMASH
DAT TRAILER
DOC LOUIS
DAT MUSIC
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've never been a big Little Mac supporter, I've always said that he was deserving and I'd be happy when he was inevitably revealed just for the sake of others, but I never thought he'd actually make me hyped. But holy ****, he looks so incredibly fun, and the meter really makes him standout amongst other characters, he has actually made me hyped to play him.

Thank you guys for making this happen!

AlRex

Smash Lord
Little Mac and Mega Man, for me, equals a satisfying roster. Very little could screw this up for me now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Congrats to Little Mac fans.

He wasn't my most wanted but he was in my top 10 so I'm pleased to see him make the cut.

Now to visit the leak thread that's currently up in flames.

Morbi

Scavenger
Little Mac's reveal was SO hype worthy. Rosalina was an unanticipated character that I actually successfully predicted (only about a week or two prior, though). However, I wasn't even as excited as I currently am. Little Mac was my most wanted newcomer for move-set alone, I have watched the trailer about a dozen times and I am just as ecstatic as I always was. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am forcing my sister to make some little (pun intended... but it wasn't really a pun) comics. So if you enjoy the "Brawl in the Family" style comics, I will probably post them here. Just some Smash comics, mostly revolving around Little Mac. We already have some ideas, they probably aren't that good, but hey... it is funny to us, so whatever. :awesome:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I know Little Mac is a boxer and everything, but his legs are RIPPED. You can cut diamonds on those calves, I'm hella self conscious now :x

D

Deleted member

Super awesome reveal. I'm hoping we get a King Hippo assist trophy as well.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
****! I miss out on going on the computer for one day and all of a sudden one of the biggest characters getting their reveal!

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I'm pleased with what I see so far for Little Mac. I never doubted him getting in, but I was unsure of how fast and combo oriented he'd play. That jab combo into whatever looks too legit.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I honestly wouldn't mind King Hippo as a character to accompany the Macster, but an assist trophy is more suitable. Someone has to replace Mac, and it obviously isn't going to be Mac.
Easy, gonna be Alfozo.

Little Mac is the newcomer reveal that I was most waiting, I love all Punch Outs and gonna main him. His gameplay was what I expected without the star punch XP But KO Punch was AWESOME!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Gotta admit, Little Mac is a great addition. He reminds me of a character that I use in Street Fighter. Maybe he'll be one of my sub-mains in this game.

Staarih

Smash Master
Little Mac was early on one of my top wanted characters in Smash 4, but eventually he sort of dropped out of my list without me really even noticing it - I just kinda forgot about the guy with all other great, potential characters popping up and me beginning to support them more. But now that he appeared with a blast, I'm super ecstatic that he made it in the game! Not gonna forget about him anymore haha! I also liked his reveal trailer - even though I did like the Rosalina trailer for "trolling" and making us expect something completely different, I enjoyed the fact that Little Mac was obvious from the very start. He looks like an interesting character, and Sakurai seems to have done a good job of making something "so simple" as a boxer into a unique and quirky character.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Out of all the characters to make into the game so far... Mac fits the bill the most. I haven't felt this good about the game since it was released.

Grats to the Little Mac Super Fans. This reminds me of the day Sonic was announced for Brawl. Good stuff. I look forward to playing him in Smash 4 because I've always excelled with Boxers in fighting games. :)

Also, that song that plays in the trailer (both of them if there is two) ... I want those versions of that song. They sound amazing.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What is the name of the song that plays in Little Mac's trailer? It is so good.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What is the name of the song that plays in Little Mac's trailer? It is so good.
It's the Training Theme. Just look up Punch Out Training Theme and you'll find it.
You can also find it by another name but I don't feel comfortable sharing that one.

Top Bottom