• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
So excited right now!! Little Mac was definitely my number one. He looks like he'll be crazy to play as and against.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Hurray! My No. 1 pick is in!

I actually had my doubts about this Smash Bros. so far nothing has really made me want the game until now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep. Pretty sure I know my main. Like...it's destiny.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The one thing that bugs me is that Lil Mac continues the trend of being a boxer in a fighting game with Mike Tyson's boxing style.

To be fair though, I don't blame them for going with that style. It's fitting considering Punch Out is all in your face. That, and something like Muhammad Ali's style would be pretty hard to do justice in fighting games.

Being an outboxer though, here's hoping we get a Muhammad Ali-inspired boxer in a fighting game eventually.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
People who think boxing isn't hype at all and just boring should watch Hajime no Ippo.
Course I'd rather everyone watch real boxing matches as well, but Hajime no Ippo is easier to follow.
eh, thanks but no thanks. We'll have to agree to disagree... it's not like I've never seen a boxing match, I'm sure its exciting for some, but I just meant as far as a Smash Bros moveset- a character with only punch attacks seems like it could pale in comparison to some of the others with very unique, dynamic movesets. This chargable 1-hit KO Uppercut is an interesting quirk that seems like it will make Mac stand out, and help differentiate his varying boxing moves.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I've never felt so passionately about a character being in a game as much as Little Mac. Finally having him in is amazing, and a big relief (I always had my doubts despite numerous things saying he was a shoo-in). He should have been playable in Brawl, he had a case for being in Melee, him being in entry number 4 truly is justice done. I don't think any newcomer deserved to get in more than he did. He is a true Nintendo all-star. He and his games (the NES one in particular) are some of the most famous, memorable, iconic and loved in Nintendo history. He looks like everything I ever wanted him to be and more. Today is a great day.

We've also perhaps learnt a few things/had them reaffirmed:

1. The leak is probably true. We have Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and now Mac. Mii and Pac Man look very likely.
2. Sakurai does listen to fans, Western and Eastern.
3. Sakurai knows a deserving character when he sees one.
4. Sakurai knows what he's doing when it comes to movesets.
5. Sakurai likes to troll, the boxing ring personifying that.
6. The door is open to assist trophies getting 'promoted'. Bring on Lyn, Isaac, Saki and Ray.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, somewhere in Washington...

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
others with very unique, dynamic movesets
You mean like Mario's "boring and easy to use" style? Or maybe Marth's "I have a sword, yes I do" style? Or, my favorite, Sonic's "spin ****ing EVERYTHING" style? No, wait, my favorite is probably Zelda's "generic mage" style or Sheik's "generic ninja" style.

Y'all haters be trippin'.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The one thing that bugs me is that Lil Mac continues the trend of being a boxer in a fighting game with Mike Tyson's boxing style.

To be fair though, I don't blame them for going with that style. It's fitting considering Punch Out is all in your face. That, and something like Muhammad Ali's style would be pretty hard to do justice in fighting games.

Being an outboxer though, here's hoping we get a Muhammad Ali-inspired boxer in a fighting game eventually.
Muhammad Ali would have an awesome moveset!

Down B: Ropa-Dope: Makes a shield that builds up when taking damage. Gives him a temporary boost in attack power.

Standard B: Anchor Punch: Ali does a feint back and throws a counter attack.

Up B: Float like a Butterfly: Shoots up in a zig zag pattern making him hard to hit.

Forward B: Sting like a Bee: Dashes in and sends a series of light punches that rack up damage.

Taunts
1: Hands can't hit what the eyes don't see.
2: I'm so mean I make medicine sick

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like that Little Mac's reveal trailer paid homage to this picture from the Brawl Dojo.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Mac's jump-roping was the coolest part of the trailer....
And Doc's quotes and cheers.

"It's your time, Mac!"
"The punch is mightier than the sword!"
"You ain't no air fighter, Mac!"
"Quit foolin' around up there. Smash ain't no joke!"
"World's waitin' for ya, kid!"

I really hope Doc Louis plays some sort of part as an easter egg for Little Mac. Such as appearing in the background like Pokemon Trainer and cheering him on.

-----

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
And Doc's quotes and cheers.

"It's your time, Mac!"
"The punch is mightier than the sword!"
"You ain't no air fighter, Mac!"
"Quit foolin' around up there. Smash ain't no joke!"
"World's waitin' for ya, kid!"

I really hope Doc Louis plays some sort of part as an easter egg for Little Mac. Like appearing in the background like Pokemon Trainer and cheering him on.

-----
Or with Codec Calls like with Snake. Where he comments on individual fighters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I noticed that Doc Louis isn't in the background... I hope he appears and makes comments.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Mac's jump-roping was the coolest part of the trailer....
There's so many contenders for that accolade... The amazing Punch Out remix, Doc Louis talking, glimpses of Mac's moveset, the comic book sequences, the homage to Mac's reveal in Brawl, Samus rolling past at the end and Mac being a general badass.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
You mean like Mario's "boring and easy to use" style? Or maybe Marth's "I have a sword, yes I do" style? Or, my favorite, Sonic's "spin ****ing EVERYTHING" style? No, wait, my favorite is probably Zelda's "generic mage" style or Sheik's "generic ninja" style.

Y'all haters be trippin'.

Let one thing be clear. I am no hater. Only love for Little Mac. This is simply about how diverse his move set can be while still staying true to his game. It seems like its going well :roll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom