• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Congrats to all of Mac's supporters. As one myself, I can't even express how happy I am right now. This is the first newcomer reveal that really appeals to me.
I can't wait for my brother to see this video. Little Mac is one of his favorite video game characters, my childhood one at that. I cannot even contain my excitement.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
JUST GOT THE NEWS!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
V
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
VAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

VV
V

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So happy that Little Mac is finally playable in Smash!!! He is one of my most-wanted Nintendo characters since the pre-Melee days.

I love that Little Mac got an unique game mechanic involving that KO meter. He is not "like Marth except with punches" like the haters say.

Love this! I am so happy I finally got one of my most-wanted characters in Smash!

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well, I'd say that settles the debate on whether the boxing ring is a Punch-Out! stage pretty definitively! I expected this, but it's still nice to see. He looks like a very interesting character.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What
what
What

Mac just stole the show
Mac just stole the show
Mac just stole the show

Mac just stole
Mac just stole
stole the show...

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Yay! I finally got a roster prediction right! His main page is up at the official website now guys, just so you know.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Congrats to all of Mac's supporters. As one myself, I can't even express how happy I am right now. This is the first newcomer reveal that really appeals to me.
I can't wait for my brother to see this video. Little Mac is one of his favorite video game characters, my childhood one at that. I cannot even contain my excitement.
He looks awesome. Better than I even expected. I loveeee that they decided to keep him tiny. His Giga Mac final smash was expected, but I'm still meh on it. But whatever! Little Mac SUCCESS.
Giga Mac isn't bad, but I would have preferred his Star Uppercut as his Final Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
congratulation punch out fans

where as im not really excited about mac im look forward to try him out non the less

UltimateWario

Smash Master

This. So beautiful.

This is a character I can get excited about. Rosalina's boooooooooooring. Mac's where it's at.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Congrats mac fans.

Like the power meter thing, however it can be spotdodged, and LM looks very gimpable, "your not an air fighter".

But his ground game should be one of the strongest in the game, i think.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's King Dedede's ring, right? Generic wrestling ring? WAIT NO, generic boxing ring.

I love how Sakurai was just building all up for this moment: 20th anniversary of Punch-Out. The boxing ring was made early in the game, so it shows how early Little Mac was considered for a newcomer; we just had to wait for today.

Most of us Little Mac supporters saw the hints and we knew he should be in the game. Detractors made us doubt. So happy that he is.
20th anniversary of Punch-Out!!? You mean 30th anniversary... and does this mean we finally know the release date of the original Punch-Out!! arcade game? February 14, 1984?

EDIT: I guess it is the 20th anniversary of Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) too. :teeth:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YES! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY! MY MOST WANTED NEWCOMER JUST GOT IN SMASH! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU MR. SAKURAI!!!

That trailer was amazing! Absolutely amazing! It really excited me!

EDIT: Also, I love how they changed the detail of the stage.
Before:

After:

(I need a better shot of the floor…)

Last edited by a moderator:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, looks like Little Mac made it in after all. To be honest, I am not the least bit surprised. His trailer was awesome; I loved how they used comic-book style animation instead of 3D animation. Even though I have never played Punch Out!!, I am rather excited to see Mac in Smash 4. He looks like a pretty swift and powerful character.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
CONGRATS TO ALL YOU GUYS!!!

I was never his biggest supporter, but his moveset looks amazing. I have got to try it. And that trailer was the best yet. By a long shot.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"That's just a generic boxing/wrestling stage!"
"Those Punch-Out!! details are probably just a nice reference."
"Not every stage has a character!"
"It seems nice but I'm just not feeling it."
"I mean, what would his down-air be? The ****?"
"He's cool. Too bad the Japanese don't like him."
"Yeah, even if he got in, Sakurai definitely favors Japanese art designs, so don't expect him to have his PO Wii look."

I'm sorry. I can't hear all you detractors over the sound of how right I was. HOWS IT FEEL NOW!?!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Yeah, even if he got in, Sakurai definitely favors Japanese art designs, so don't expect him to have his PO Wii look."

I'm sorry. I can't hear all you detractors over the sound of how right I was. HOWS IT FEEL NOW!?!
"He wears boxing gloves, how can he grab foes?"

Check out what he's doing to Marth. Body blows. By god, this is so great.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

You forgot one.

"He'd be boring! Like Marth but with punches! He wouldn't have anything that would make him stand out!" (of course, supporters were suggesting the star system from Punch Out Wii)

----

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
YES! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY! MY MOST WANTED NEWCOMER JUST GOT IN SMASH! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU MR. SAKURAI!!!

That trailer was amazing! Absolutely amazing! It really excited me!

EDIT: Also, I love how they changed the detail of the stage.
Before:

After:

(I need a better shot of the floor…)
Check out the trailer. You can easily screenshot a better look of the stage.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, so it is.

Congrats to those that held hope. His coach's voice and stage are neat. Little Mac doesn't look that awful.

With the Mii Stage being showcased, I do have nearly absolute faith in the so called "leaky three." So at least Pac-Man looks very, very likely. But Mii.... eh.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, fellas, we did it. We freakin' did it! Mac's no longer on the sidelines, he's in the ring where he belong!

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think any Newcomer can match the hype of Little Mac to be perfectly honest... not even Ridley. I am just so excited! Finally a character that can actually fight (that isn't a woman, child, or animal) makes his appearance!

Top Bottom