• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Kids Playing Brawl

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The real question, is how do you guys treat the little kiddies in Brawl (and Melee)?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
No remorse. There was this kid that I played at Gamestop, he just kept whining every time I played him. I think he managed to take 1 or 2 stocks off of me in about 20 matches. Every time he complained, I upped the gayness level and beat him with more and more annoying tactics. Needless to say, this kid had to have been at least 15 or 16.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
you never know little kids these days, you may expect them to not know anything so you feel compassionate someway and you think something like " i'll go easy on him" but when you least expect it he's like good which happened when I was playing my little nephew who was surprisingly good at it

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
My cousin is great with MK; there are things he should not do, and he still has room for improvement, but from seven years ago with Melee and his random tactics to now, there's a huge improvement. I played him recently. I hadn't played him in Brawl since March, and back then he was still bad. I went in thinking he was the same little kid back in Melee and toyed with him...then I found myself losing the 1st life. Never again!

Of course, he's 17, so he's not exactly a little kid anymore. He's on the track of being tourney worthy (at least if he would play more; he prefers RPGs, RPGs, and nothing else but RPGs). They grow up so fast.

Professional Idiot

Smash Apprentice
I don't feel sorry for the kid. He was using Sonic. I hate Sonic.

And because this thread will inevitably become a "How do you antagonize little kids who play Brawl with you?" thread, I'll help contribute. So, one of my cousins is 6 or so years old, and his family came over for dinner while I was playing Brawl. So then he challenged me. (I hate it when people say "I'll versus you." It's not a verb! IF ANYONE OLDER THAN 12 USES IT AS SUCH, I'll #&@!#$ KILL THEM!) He was pretty cocky about his winning ability. (Well, that's pretty normal.) All I did was stand on one side of Final Destination waiting for him to approach me. (He was using DK.) Every time he charged at me, I just jumped away and air dodged. One in a while, I'd roll behind him and give him a quick jab. After getting him to like 200%, I ran off the stage, used my double jump, and PK Thundered back onto the stage. He KO'd himself trying to get me.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I play with my bro a lot and he's 11, but age doesn't mean anything. He plays a crazy Ness and when we play against each other I usually manage to win by 1 or 2 lives, but that's just because I can use DI better than he can.

Shin_Yamato

Smash Rookie
I actually killed a kid at gamestop. He was talking about tiers, and asked me if i thought MK was the best... I Told him snakes better. I killed him.

Funny thing is, He tripped right into a fully charged Forword smash lol. I pressed to hard on the A button and instead of tilting i smashed.

The kid was like 9 and was talking about tiers, kinda young for that 0.o

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
My sister is nine, and shes pretty good against me, but only me. She's....not that good...against people that aren't me, probably because she pretty much only fights my Ice Climbers...

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I actually killed a kid at gamestop. He was talking about tiers, and asked me if i thought MK was the best... I Told him snakes better. I killed him.

Funny thing is, He tripped right into a fully charged Forword smash lol. I pressed to hard on the A button and instead of tilting i smashed.

The kid was like 9 and was talking about tiers, kinda young for that 0.o
Woah poor kid! lol
Well my bro first learned about tiers when he was 10 from me so it's no much an age difference. Maybe he had a brother or sister that knew a lot about smash.

Shin_Yamato

Smash Rookie
I play with my bro a lot and he's 11, but age doesn't mean anything. He plays a crazy Ness and when we play against each other I usually manage to win by 1 or 2 lives, but that's just because I can use DI better than he can.
I go through the same thing. my brother is a pain with ROB and pikachu

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
What's best is those kids that think girls characters suck in fighting games. I just pick mah gurl Peach and stomp them. One time I stocked this kid's Pit doing nothing but Peach's >B. Needless to say, he felt quite emasculated. :laugh:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The Snake guy was annoying. Poor kid man.
I went to a Melee tournament once and played a kid like that in friendlies.
It was 3 stock and I was Marth and he was fox.
The match lasted for like less then 2 minutes. -_-
He kicked me.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
My sisters (ages 8 and 10) both play Brawl with me. I do my best not to go easy on them. Usually we throw a level 9 CPU in. That way, I still have some competition, and I'm not always beating the juice out of them. But playing that way, they've greatly improved from where they were. Back when we got the game, they didn't even know Up Bs could be used for recovery. By now, they can sometimes nail both jumps of Pikachu's Quick Attack. I think showing no remorse and offering tips is really the best way for them to get good.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
My brother doesnt need to know the harshness of Tiers. I let him play sonic and mario allllll he wants. Then again, Im using Ness over here xD

Well one time my bro went to a tourney with me. I asked a guy if he could play a friendly against him, since my brother did nothing for like 6 hours. my bro picked Lucas(weird...I think me using Ness rubbed off on him) vs Game and Watch. My bro killed him once (amazing!) but he got pretty dominated.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
No remorse. There was this kid that I played at Gamestop, he just kept whining every time I played him. I think he managed to take 1 or 2 stocks off of me in about 20 matches. Every time he complained, I upped the gayness level and beat him with more and more annoying tactics. Needless to say, this kid had to have been at least 15 or 16.

How old are you?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
where we like this when we played super smash bros 64? cause I remember my cousin brought one of his friends over and he kicked my *** and I was like " ay wey como eres tan bueno." which is like dang how are you so good. I wasn't like stop it stop it stop it.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Old. Like, 19 old. The kid I was playing had the brain of a 10 year old though.

Not trying to put you on the chopping block or anything man, but unless you have very serious responsibilites such as living by yourself and paying for the majority of your stuff while being solely independent from your parents, you are still essentially a kid. I am 19 too, but we are only 4 years older than that kid.

The thing is though, and I am glad you brought it up, is that he had the MIND of a younger kid, and didn't base it solely on his age. That kind of validates your original point of him being a whiny little kid.

Good thing you didn't base it on his age though; I was going to eat your soul for speaking of such blasphemies. :bee:

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I still enjoy being a child on the inside. But I'm not the kind of child who is going to ***** about losing like that.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I actually like matches like that for one reason. Whenever i've defeated said kid or 'newbie' I'll explain why whatever happened, happened. I don't give out pointless *** whippings with out giving valid information, I don't know about other people but I like trying to see the scene grow so I try to help the guy along as much as I can. I remember a tournament I went to and I paired up with a guy who had never played before, so while we were waiting on going up I explained the controls and stuff and we some how survived the first round, probably because it wasn't a big turn out. By the end of the tournament I had the kid using DI pretty well, and shieldgrabbing.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Yes I've played against kids like this. My friend PiSTolz's little borhter, whenever he oses in brawl or anything eslse, he will start crying about how he never wins , turn the wii off and throw the controllers I brought over to his house across the room and nearly breaking them, and he starts to attack PiSToLz viciously for no reason.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
The only "kid" younger than me is my best friend, who's going to be 17 in September, and man, she whoops my arse at it! She mains Luigi and ROB.

I have an older twin sister, but since I have some autistic behaviors and her problems are more anxiety-type, the difference in our maturity level is kind of exaggerated. She "outgrew" video games, but still plays them sometimes. She plays as Pit B<

The Myk

Smash Rookie
My brother is 3 years younger than me. He gets close to victory a lot, but I end up as king in the end.

I never bothered to look up many fancy smash words. What is a tier? I am guessing age groups, or skill groups, etc.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
I don't feel sorry for the kid. He was using Sonic. I hate Sonic.

And because this thread will inevitably become a "How do you antagonize little kids who play Brawl with you?" thread, I'll help contribute. So, one of my cousins is 6 or so years old, and his family came over for dinner while I was playing Brawl. So then he challenged me. (I hate it when people say "I'll versus you." It's not a verb! IF ANYONE OLDER THAN 12 USES IT AS SUCH, I'll #&@!#$ KILL THEM!) He was pretty cocky about his winning ability. (Well, that's pretty normal.) All I did was stand on one side of Final Destination waiting for him to approach me. (He was using DK.) Every time he charged at me, I just jumped away and air dodged. One in a while, I'd roll behind him and give him a quick jab. After getting him to like 200%, I ran off the stage, used my double jump, and PK Thundered back onto the stage. He KO'd himself trying to get me.
lol i agree with bolded

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I'm 15 years old. o.o. Does this make me a whiny little kid? I'm sure most 15 year olds are more unaware than you think.

PCHU

Smash Lord
When I first got Melee, I was the best out of my friends.
Unstoppable.
Of course, I was a n00b and thought c-stick was cheap.

But I got better.
I beat my friend who plays this super fast Fox with Pichu.
That was BEFORE I knew what Fox was capable of.
I wouldn't dare try that again, because I'm not so good with him anymore.

I creamed two players in my family at my reunion.
It was funny.
The guys were like 20, or at least 17.
After I destroyed them with my Marth, one of them shouted "See? I TOLD you the had a high chance of PWNing us."
It just made me play harder, because I think it's hilarious beating smash veterans.

I played him at Melee, and he was surprisingly good.
And he didn't do any advanced techs.
His Samus was actually decent against my Falco.
Though, when we played one-on-one, I killed him with three lives left, I think he could take on tourneys, provided he starts L-canceling.

Though, this is the same guy who said that basically wavedash=win.
Sadly, I showed him the hard way that it doesn't....

We were in four-way, and I constantly turned around to Roy's fsmash.
It sucked.

But, in one-on-one, I am a forced to be reckoned with.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
my cousin is 11, he's actually not that bad at Pit, TL or ZSS he usually takes a stock or two off me every game we play. I remember one of his friends came over and wanted to use items, so my cousins yells at like the top of his lungs, "WE'RE NOT USING ITEMS CAUSE THEY'RE CHEAP!"

Amide

Smash Lord
Ahh man, people shouldn't take advantage of little kids. But yeah, that was hilarious.

A couple years back, I played an amazing Melee player like, 5 years older than me and he three stocked me. Then I told him I would win in F-Zero GX. Thankfully, some people don't know about Snaking;).

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
my cousin is 11, he's actually not that bad at Pit, TL or ZSS he usually takes a stock or two off me every game we play. I remember one of his friends came over and wanted to use items, so my cousins yells at like the top of his lungs, "WE'RE NOT USING ITEMS CAUSE THEY'RE CHEAP!"
lmao ;D

All I heard in the video was STOP ITTTT STOP ITTT xD

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
where we like this when we played super smash bros 64? cause I remember my cousin brought one of his friends over and he kicked my *** and I was like " ay wey como eres tan bueno." which is like dang how are you so good. I wasn't like stop it stop it stop it.
Haha. All I ever did in SSB64 was see how long I could stay in the air with kirby, then I would get wrecked. I didn't get good until Melee when I discovered Fox.

Top Bottom