• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Listing of All SSE Stage Hacks (Updates Will Resume After New Year's!)

That reminds me, we can now use BrawlWall to fix all those SSE stages that had wrong platform types but good designs o_o The first two that come to mind are that one forest level and one of the subspace levels, both of which had bottom platforms with ungrabbable edges. Combine that with editing the death boundaries that were frequently too big, and we just gained a ton of new playable stages.

As for what I was just about to ask before I noticed NAMQ's post, does anyone know where I can download this version of the Captain Falcon stage? The only download I found was for this version, which I don't want.
Can you give me a general idea of how far the blast zones should generally be distanced from the ledges? I intend to fix ALL those stages myself, but only if I'm gonna be doing them right.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
I demand that we add NAMQ's fixed SSE Stage to our Brawl+ legal stages, at least teams, if it tests out well enough.

Same goes for every other SSE stage that has an unique design, and can be fixed. NONE of those stupid flat SSE stages. One is enough god ****ed FD.
I agree with this, SSE Jungle is already fairly boring and replaces a fun casual stage. The same goes for what has happened to Warioware. If new stages are going to be added they should have unique and interesting layouts, or at the very least have some nice aesthetics like Zebesian Airspace or Falcon Destination/Falcon's Realm.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
First order of business: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8748891&postcount=381

Progress:

I haven't changed anything else other than the edges on the main platform, so that means you can jump upwards through the bottom of the stage, like on Delfino and Halberd. The other two platforms are just typical dropthrough platforms. Is this good enough to release, or do other things need editing as well? I haven't played on this stage enough to know whether the death boundaries are good or not.

Edit:
Can you give me a general idea of how far the blast zones should generally be distanced from the ledges? I intend to fix ALL those stages myself, but only if I'm gonna be doing them right.
I don't really know for sure. I would say just doing it by eye or trial and error, unless someone can figure out a good distance that can be measured in BrawlWall.

Also, the next stage I'm working on it this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8752300&postcount=464
It looks sort of unplayable right now, but I still want to fix it because at least it has a very unique background that looks cool. It's going to need major editing though, and and most it will just be another "boring neutral", so it won't be as exciting as the forest stage I just posted.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I agree with this, SSE Jungle is already fairly boring and replaces a fun casual stage. The same goes for what has happened to Warioware. If new stages are going to be added they should have unique and interesting layouts, or at the very least have some nice aesthetics like Zebesian Airspace or Falcon Destination/Falcon's Realm.
I'm working on a new version of Zebesian Airspace that lets you recover up through Ridley's wings (but not his body!). So, that will be less FD like.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I now <3 HotDogTurtle for fixing a great looking SSE stage.

Keep up the good work guys! :chuckle:

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I demand that we add NAMQ's fixed SSE Stage to our Brawl+ legal stages, at least teams, if it tests out well enough.

Same goes for every other SSE stage that has an unique design, and can be fixed. NONE of those stupid flat SSE stages. One is enough god ****ed FD.

Imma try to use brawlbox and brawlwall together to help me discover more SSE that could be prommising to use ingame

going to get the most stages that haven't been posted and start posting by now :)

Edit*

I want to edit more stages and make them more viable

but I just need to learn something (that stage was made by Eternal Yoshi, I just edited it)

but I need to learn how can I replace for example:

WWR with a SSE Stage, or even HT with a SSE stage

if someone can pm me how to do it, I will create as many SSE as I can (that are not just FD's or BF's related)

First order of business: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8748891&postcount=381

I don't really know for sure. I would say just doing it by eye or trial and error, unless someone can figure out a good distance that can be measured in BrawlWall.
Actually, I think I would just be better off judging what is an appropriate blast zone by comparing it to a stage that already has good ones. Do you know off the top of your head of a stage in brawl (hacked or right off the disk) that has ideal blast zones?

Also, the next stage I'm working on it this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8752300&postcount=464
It looks sort of unplayable right now, but I still want to fix it because at least it has a very unique background that looks cool. It's going to need major editing though, and and most it will just be another "boring neutral", so it won't be as exciting as the forest stage I just posted.
THIS
10THIS

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would guess trying to base it off of FD, BF, or Smashville, and fine tuning it after that.

For that ripped sky stage, the only options are making it a walkoff stage or letting you fall through the ground. Either way is pretty bad.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... I can't upload them now, but I gave Subspace depths, the Forest Moss platforms and the Factory Hall working ledges.

Looks like someone took care of the forest Moss Platforms stage.

I would guess trying to base it off of FD, BF, or Smashville, and fine tuning it after that.

For that ripped sky stage, the only options are making it a walkoff stage or letting you fall through the ground. Either way is pretty bad.
I want to take a crack at it. Can you give me working link to it? Ive been trying unsuccessfully to download it all day. Rapid**** sucksssssssss.

EDIT: Nvm, Free Rapidownloader ftw

Did it occur to you to simply remove the walls, and adjust the blastzone 7 degrees closer so that it ends where the floor does, effectively removing the walkoff?

Haven't tested the camera yet, gotta get to work. Does that need adjusting?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

http://www.mediafire.com/?zymkm4miyjg

Try this out and let me know what you think of the boundaries and camera. It should be close to perfect. Most of the distances were based on Smashville, although I had to improvise a few. The bottom platform has grabbable edges and can be jumped through.

The floor occasionally changes colors based on different textures that load during the match, but it really shouldn't be a problem at all. Also, the lightning in the background doesn't animate. Items spawning cause the graphical glitches a lot more often. I tried to make this stage work with items anyway, but the Ice Climbers' final smash doesn't work. Everything else is fine.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo 2000, you think you could take a stab at that Luigi's Mansion/Castle Siege combo Ive been trying to make forever?
Well, I've tried it, but I have not tested it yet, so I don't know if it works

...and I forgot the lights and camera, I only did the background swap ^^U

Anyway, this is it: http://www.mediafire.com/?jonhwgoht24

I've done both swaps, Mansion's fire moon in fire emblem and fire emblem's cave in mansion

Try it and tell me if still freezes ^^U

If not, replacing camera and lights is simple, do it and post it to share

If freezes, I'll take another look later xD

Well, I've tried it, but I have not tested it yet, so I don't know if it works

...and I forgot the lights and camera, I only did the background swap ^^U

Anyway, this is it: http://www.mediafire.com/?jonhwgoht24

I've done both swaps, Mansion's fire moon in fire emblem and fire emblem's cave in mansion

Try it and tell me if still freezes ^^U

If not, replacing camera and lights is simple, do it and post it to share

If freezes, I'll take another look later xD
Nah it freezes. Don't worry about it, guess that just doesn't work?
No worries.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
No, that's something castle seige's platform does, but luigi's mansion main platform won't act like this

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
lol, awesome stage, & so pround to see that the luigi's mansion used my bowser's castle texture.
Please keep up the SSE stages & background swaps!

Also, (I know it's a stretch but hey, they said SSE stages were impossible at one time) has anyone ever tried to mess with these? Or at least their data.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
<3

Can I ask though, what did you do differently?
I supposed the file was too big, so I reduced it by decreasing the resolution of the textures

I did that until it was smaller than original Luigi's Mansion, to be sure it fits

After that I realised I have my shadow bug luigi's mansion and it's bigger than original, so I could have decreased the textures less than I've done and it should have worked too

Anyway, even reducing it by this much, the stage looks awesome :p

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
Can anyone also tell me how to get items working on certain SSe stages?

Does it have to do with the ItmMelee(X)Gen?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
As I usually don't play with items, I have not done this in any of my stages ^^U xDDD

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Uh... I don't think this is the right place to post this, but the link to Falcon's Realm in one of Eldiran's post a page or two back is broken.

Can I get a new one, please? I would really like to play on that stage...

Antwonious

Smash Rookie
Yeah umm... I wanna change textures for sonic but #1:, I don't know how to put em on brawl, #2: I don't know how to put it on my sd card, and #3: I don't know where to download them.
If I can get some help that would be nice. If not then eh I'm good.

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
Yeah umm... I wanna change textures for sonic but #1:, I don't know how to put em on brawl, #2: I don't know how to put it on my sd card, and #3: I don't know where to download them.
If I can get some help that would be nice. If not then eh I'm good.
This is the wrong place to post this. Try the Texture Database.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
So I have the Stage expansion code and all that stuff with 9 custom stages with the whole st_custom.rel thing going on. Can these stages replace those ones? These all seemed to be labeled STGONLINETRAINING.pac instead of STCUSTOM#.pac.
If I rename it STCUSTOM#.pac will it work? Or am I an idiot? I know that it's recommended that we use Dant's alternate stage loader, but unless someone is willing to walk me through it, I am completely baffled by it. haha

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, I have a lot of STGFINAL hacks that are of SSE stages or Trophy Stages, how would I use that with the custom SSS code (sorry if I sound dumb)

Top Bottom