• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Combo Exhibition (Combotition 2008)

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
ANNOUNCING: All fellow Link players may be excited to hear an International Link Combo Exhibition. The general idea is to make a combo video and we will judge among the combos for fun. And if the people vote on making ONE GIANT combo Link movie with these vids, then we'll do so after this event. This will be a great opportunity to get noticed as well =P

COMBO RULES:
- If you are a combo performer, you cannot be a judge.
- Combo vid can only be for Melee (SSB or SSBB is not allowed).
- The character of use must be Link or Young Link.
- No training mode (versus mode only), and using tournament rules of 8 mins, 4 stocks, no items.
- only tourney legal stages, counter picks are available as well.
- The vid must at LEAST be 1 minute and 30 seconds long.
- You CANNOT use one of your previous combo vids if you already made one before.
- And try to be creative.
- The expiration date will be March 08, 2008 to give the link players time to do combos, edit, upload, etc. All vids must be submitted by then or uploaded by that day.
- If you post the vid on youtube (or otherwise), please post the link to this thread.

JUDGE RULES:
- If you are a judge, you cannot be a combo performer.
- All judges will submit their final verdict no less than 2 weeks after the expiration day.
- Judges must watch all of the entire combo entries.
- Judges post opinions and feedback on this thread.

JUDGES:
- Alternate275
- HiIH
- KratosAurion192
- Sliq
- Son1x

COMBO PERFORMERS:
- algandar88
- Deva
- lorddave551
- NJzFinest
- Stos
- Zodiac

-Please post if you would like to participate as a combo video judge or combo video performer =P

I hope this goes well and that everyone can enjoy this ^-^

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
JUDGE'S EVALUATION​

ALL judges will wait until AFTER the expiration date of the combotition before evaluating the combo videos . Then from that point, ALL judges will have 2 week time to submit all evaluations in this thread.

- All judges must submit evaluations for ALL the submitted combo videos.
- All judges must not be critique insultingly. It should be in a friendly and honest manner.
- All judges WILL judge using the JUDGE SCALE. Each allowed to add their own honest comments.

JUDGE SCALE:
Using the scale: On a scale of 1-5, all judges are to rate each category of each combo video using this formula.
~CREATIVITY:
~RHYTHM:
~ENTERTAINMENT:

EVALUATIONS:
Awaiting submitted evaluations.

HiIH

Smash Lord
....I like the idea.

I dislike quintuple posts.

Since I lack video stuffz, I guess I'd probably be a judge if I was involved in anyway.

D

Deleted member

sounds interesting, the final combo vid sounds amazing btw

ill try to get some vids up finally, but im having a problem connecting my vcr to my computer and recording the tape :\

SLH

Smash Journeyman
me and a friend are making a crew(ish) montage, supposing there are enough clips of me i'll submit my section

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lmao i have this combo...
but its in my account on facebook.
and it has the darkrain combo audio..LOL
But yea ill try to get that in youtube.
But really its a nice combo...
but i'll record more videos and yea... combo..lol

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, you can just take clips from the combo vid I finish this week if you want, if I can actually get it done.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
I'll add some videos but i don't have access to any recording equipment besides a video camera. I'm decent so i'd e more than happy to if you don't mind the quality.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Count me in the do combos and stuff, Im gonna be editing a new combo video for my crew anyway.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
It would be hilarious if you actually submited a combo video so we can see your failure....
shh, scrub. i'll beat the **** out of you. ask technomancer about my skill.
also, learn how to spell, you illiterate nub. lol. i bet you don't even know what word you misspelled, do you? ha, ha; go ahead, pick up the dictionary. ignorant nubs like you make me ****ing sick to my stomach. you have no idea how badly i want to play you so i can put you in your place.

rofl ownt!
lol. you're not even worth this comment. kratos could probably beat your ***. lol. that's really sad.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
I bet you won't, failure...
Oh and I missed a letter... sue me....
you're right...i am a failure at life, i admit. however, i'll four-stock your *** in melee. therefore, you're nothing but a scrub. look up technomancer on youtube then ask him about me.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
you're right...i am a failure at life, i admit. however, i'll four-stock your *** in melee. therefore, you're nothing but a scrub. look up technomancer on youtube then ask him about me.
I still think you won't do anything.... If you can't pick up on that then you are even more of a ****** than I thought....

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
I still think you won't do anything.... If you can't pick up on that then you are even more of a ****** than I thought....
wtf are you talking about? of course i won't do anything...i live in vegas and you live wherever the hell you live. i get the feeling that you're really young; you seem to lack the mental aptitude that most--at least compared to those on these forums--have. i'm curious, do you know that i'm tHrilla`(the person that you've asked advice from)?

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
wtf are you talking about? of course i won't do anything...i live in vegas and you live wherever the hell you live. i get the feeling that you're really young; you seem to lack the mental aptitude that most--at least compared to those on these forums--have. i'm curious, do you know that i'm tHrilla`(the person that you asked advice from)?
Wow, you really just said that...

At least you get why I said you're not going to do anything, and since you seem to understand that, then stop the threats, for one it's just a game, and for another the threats are nothing but fail because of you being in vegas.

I'm multitasking right now, helping some of my friends here, you know what a friend is right? I know it's something you probably never have had so the concept of one MIGHT be a little hard for you to understand...

And if you actually read any other parts of the forum you'd know I know who you are, and all of your other lame *** accounts that I reported....

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, thrilla's back. Wish we coulda played sometime before melee's end. Oh well, maybe in Brawl. You need to get some vids up though. You sound good enough to add to the pros list but I've never seen you play.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Awesome good stuff everyone =D
This is going to be great! ^-^

@sincityserious: Yo, chill out dude. We could use less static. Remember, this event is for fun for those who want to participate to see or make combo vids... It's not about skill or about kicking ***, but about showing creative possiblities xP So can you let up on the flames a bit?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ok if thrilla is back and he will be in this combo video.
Can we use the song Trilla by Rick Ross?
LOL

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
You dont know Thrilla.
And i know your a ****ing white ***** so how the **** would you know Trilla by Rick Ross?
***** get your *** outta my **** you *****.

D

Deleted member

its so funny how thrilla is trying to troll against the one person you cant piss off cuz he always keeps his cool

its alright kratos he's just mad because we have a better troll now and he's old news lol

Top Bottom