• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No.
I said from under,
no quotes or anything, ill "kindly" let myself out then.

If that's how you treat all Link newbies.
Don't reply to my post or anything of that sort, wont be seeing it,
you win.
I agree with Zelkam in that Link doesn't seem to have any less Ledge snap range than the rest of the cast, and it seems like you need to get more familiar with Link's recovery range. Now your original post is hard to understand, that's why I asked "what" originally. Do find a video that illustrates what you mean because right now it just seems as if you still don't know how to recover rather than a char specific issue.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I struggled with the new edge mechanics a lot at first too. If you're in hitstun or recently grabbed the ledge he won't grab or snap to it. Aerials and dodges seem to not snap to the ledge as soon after as the did in Brawl.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I struggled with the new edge mechanics a lot at first too. If you're in hitstun or recently grabbed the ledge he won't grab or snap to it. Aerials and dodges seem to not snap to the ledge as soon after as the did in Brawl.
To clarify, it's not just if you're in hitstun, but if you've recently been in hitstun, you can't grab the ledge because the ledge isn't available to you. To see this for yourself, take a Link to training mode, adjust the damage to 46%, stand near an edge facing the centre of the stage, pull a bomb, and watch. Then do the same on 47%. It's even more obvious when you try to tether the edge soon after being hit though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Foxy knows the score.

I cleared classic on 9 finally. It's sooooo much easier with custom equipment. Auto healer sword is OP for Master Core.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
So my pool changed. The top seed went from Logic....to Neo, who is insane with Sheik.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You don't want to get ravaged in a ditto, do you?

LINK! LINK! LINK! LINK! LINK! LINK! LINK!
The one true Link, the one true sword:
Wimps and posers, leave the board!

Incidentally I have another tournament this Saturday too. Guess who I'll be playing? :4link:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Link vs Snake isn't as horrible a matchup. Sheik however is literally in this game to destroy Link.
Lol that bad? Cyner has taken down a couple of Sheiks in tourneys. Granted, I have no idea how good Neo is, but I'm always in favor of playing with a char you feel 100% confident with than another one just for tiers sake.

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
Anyways (just a random question), what kinds of other gaming media do you all use besides SB? I tend to frequent Zelda Dungeon, Pokemon Dungeon, GenGame (at least before it died), Gamnesia, and obviously, YouTube (though I don't have a YouTube account).

Zelda Dungeon vs Zelda Universe...Which is the best?/Which is used more?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyways (just a random question), what kinds of other gaming media do you all use besides SB? I tend to frequent Zelda Dungeon, Pokemon Dungeon, GenGame (at least before it died), Gamnesia, and obviously, YouTube (though I don't have a YouTube account).

Zelda Dungeon vs Zelda Universe...Which is the best?/Which is used more?
As long as it's not Zelda Informer, I couldn't care either way.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Lol that bad? Cyner has taken down a couple of Sheiks in tourneys. Granted, I have no idea how good Neo is, but I'm always in favor of playing with a char you feel 100% confident with than another one just for tiers sake.
I don't feel comfortable with Link in this game. And Neo won S@X I'm pretty sure.

And yeah I think Sheik has a pretty solid advantage over Link, you know with the whole Link being easy to juggle (ftilt lock for days plus a setup into fair) and gimped easily. Plus when he's offstage, he doesn't really have an answer to bouncing fish. I'm not saying it's the worst matchup but he loses to her pretty soundly. The only thing Link has going for him is kill power...

And @ Jasudin Jasudin I use shoryuken (the website) for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I've beaten competent Sheiks with Link in tourneys. Just play it safe and throw a lot of stuff.
I beat competent MKs in Brawl with bottom tier Link in tournament. Doesn't mean that matchup isn't bad.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is all good advice.

Lawz, I hope you're writing this down.

:093:

Rizen

Smash Legend
For those who didn't hear, my mom was in the hospital and is now in a rehab center while the wound heals. I brought her cat over to my apt to watch. Anyway now I got a call saying her lease expires tomorrow and I had to get bank statements and stuff and have my mom fill something out online. It should be okay if my mom doesn't have trouble with the online forms. What timing.
Edit, it's taken care of.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
For those who didn't hear, my mom was in the hospital and is now in a rehab center while the wound heals. I brought her cat over to my apt to watch. Anyway now I got a call saying her lease expires tomorrow and I had to get bank statements and stuff and have my mom fill something out online. It should be okay if my mom doesn't have trouble with the online forms. What timing.
Edit, it's taken care of.
Glad to know it's taken care of Rizen. Hang in there and good luck with the cat.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Alright, so is anyone interested in a Sm4sh Link social on skype? Has it even been done already? I know there a PM Link group ( I joined) but I haven't seen a Smash 4 Link group. I'd gladly make one if you guys are interested in joining. The Sm4sh Marth boards have actually made one as well. So what do you say? Should I make a thread for it?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Alright, so is anyone interested in a Sm4sh Link social on skype? Has it even been done already? I know there a PM Link group ( I joined) but I haven't seen a Smash 4 Link group. I'd gladly make one if you guys are interested in joining. The Sm4sh Marth boards have actually made one as well. So what do you say? Should I make a thread for it?
We already have the xat for that. That one I invited you too and that you never joined.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Glad to know it's taken care of Rizen. Hang in there and good luck with the cat.
Thanks. She, the cat, is cute but she likes to get up near my pillow and pat my face. Then she'll purr loudly and get pets and her cheeks and lower back scratched. But it leaves behind a ton of fur next to where my face is when I sleep.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is only $10 USA on Wii U E-shop. Great deal. Now I have to wait 5 more hours for it to finish downloading.

I've been really sleep deprived. Hopefully I can catch up in the near future.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Thanks. She, the cat, is cute but she likes to get up near my pillow and pat my face. Then she'll purr loudly and get pets and her cheeks and lower back scratched. But it leaves behind a ton of fur next to where my face is when I sleep.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is only $10 USA on Wii U E-shop. Great deal. Now I have to wait 5 more hours for it to finish downloading.

I've been really sleep deprived. Hopefully I can catch up in the near future.
Dude, I got it yesterday, it's almost finished downloading. Non Metroid Other M Samus makes Ganondorf very very happy. I never owned the trilogy, nor have I played Prime Echoes or Corruption, so I am very excited.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dude, I got it yesterday, it's almost finished downloading. Non Metroid Other M Samus makes Ganondorf very very happy. I never owned the trilogy, nor have I played Prime Echoes or Corruption, so I am very excited.
I had it on the Wii and beat all 3 games. Then I loaned the disk to someone and they lost it :facepalm: The wiimote aiming is excellent. It's an awesome 1st person, sci-fi light shooter that really captures the feel of old 2D metroids in a 3D way.

Other M screwed up a lot with Samus' character, making her a hysterical woman but the gameplay also really regressed from the Prime games. The Prime games were know for huge environments and exploration, where Other M had a series of tube-like hallways. Graphic-wise Prime was like being in Samus' suit in alien worlds, shooting stuff and Other M was like looking at a mediocre comic book.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Never did play Metroid Prime
So Codename Steam or Project Steam or Codename Wont Sell Well or whatever the hell it's called has a demo on the EShop.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm really torn about the metroid prime trilogy. I've always been the type of person that prefers hard copies over digital downloads. At less than a quarter of the cost of what the hard copies are going for, however, the digital download is incredibly tempting...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm really torn about the metroid prime trilogy. I've always been the type of person that prefers hard copies over digital downloads. At less than a quarter of the cost of what the hard copies are going for, however, the digital download is incredibly tempting...
I don't think you can get a hard copy anymore. The Trilogy was a limited time promotion on disk. $10 for 2 game cube games with wii aiming controls and 1 wii game is an incredible deal. I strongly recommend it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Never did play Metroid Prime
So Codename Steam or Project Steam or Codename Wont Sell Well or whatever the hell it's called has a demo on the EShop.
Go get it on your Wii U for $10.
It has One of the best games of all time, plus 2 other games that are equally as amazing.
Amazing graphics and sound design
Fun Gameplay
Outstanding Atmosphere
Exploration
Phenomenal Control
is what it has to offer. Get it.
It is $10! The Metroid Prime trilogy costs $200 nowadays. It is practically a steal.
It is even less. You save around 190% of your money. Like I said, the trilogy costs $200. You cannot pass that up. Get it, and you will never regret it.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm not sure where you guys are looking, but you can get used copies on eBay for around fifty bucks. I've been wanting to get it for a while but the price has always been off putting. I'll probably get the digital version...probably

Top Bottom