• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Every time I see one of these I think of Frank from the rescuers down under. :)
TRDU was great. I loved that movie as a kid.

I beat Shovel Knight (wii U virtual console). It's a big 'die and retry' challenging game but it does that right. I raged a lot but most deaths were fair and the penalty is minimal. I think later levels like Treasure Knight's level were designed by a sadistic person. It's a great game for retro Mega Man-esk game lovers. I beat it in 9:03:XX with 149 deaths the first time. It's probably beatable in an hour.
9/10

ama99

Smash Journeyman
TRDU was great. I loved that movie as a kid.

I beat Shovel Knight (wii U virtual console). It's a big 'die and retry' challenging game but it does that right. I raged a lot but most deaths were fair and the penalty is minimal. I think later levels like Treasure Knight's level were designed by a sadistic person. It's a great game for retro Mega Man-esk game lovers. I beat it in 9:03:XX with 149 deaths the first time. It's probably beatable in an hour.
9/10
Treasure Knight's level was easy imo.

Propeller Knight made me rage, but the music in his stage was so good I had to keep playing. The difficulty does scale bad. You go from King Knight's easy level to Spectre Knights and Plague Knight's Brutal ones.

Also, I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight's not a virtual console game.

I can't wait for DLC.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
It's not, but it captures the old school platformer style so perfectly that you'd think it was if you didn't know any better. The pixel art is beautiful, the chip tune music is amazing, the difficulty is delightfully difficult, it's just such a good game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It might be on multiple platforms but I did download for wii u virtual console.

Treasure Knight's level and the final tower base gave me the most grief but Propeller Knight as a boss was a pain too. Plague Knight didn't really give me trouble.

ama99

Smash Journeyman

Treasure Knight's level and the final tower base gave me the most grief but Propeller Knight as a boss was a pain too. Plague Knight didn't really give me trouble.
Its a eshop downloadable title. But it looks and plays the part of a retro game. Plague Knights boss fight wasn't bad but I remember dying there alot. Polar Knight's boss fight was also a pain.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621

My first time playing, it took multiple tries to defeat Spectre Knight. The easiest boss in my opinion is both phases of Tinker Knight.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got mixed up. I thought e shop=virtual console.
Specter Knight was a pain the first time but mainly because he was a difficulty spike early on and I hadn't gotten much equipment yet. I played his level before King Knight's.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
If you go Sheik you won't even make it our of pools for being a tier *****.
That's a chance I'm willing to take :p

I'm not using her for tier placement necessarily (although that's partial), Link just doesn't click with me in this game like he did in Brawl. So I figured I'd like to still use someone from my favorite series. And I won't use Toon Link because well...he's Toon Link. Ganon blows and I also don't like Zelda at all so...

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Besides being super comfortable in my hands, the Wii U Pro is giving me some trouble. That damn c-stick is pretty hard to get to when my right thumb is focused on the buttons below it, so I often find myself going back to the Classic Pro dispite its inferiority in terms of keeping a good connection most of the time. However I do think the Classic Pro has the advantage in terms of layout. Having the c-stick below my thumb at all times makes it a lot more accessible and comfortable to utilize imo. Plus dsmash OoS is a hell of a lot faster and easier whenever I decide to leave the c-stick on smash, while on the Wii U Pro, attempting to do this hurts my thumb after few times and just doesn't feel as fast. I also tend to mess up a lot when reaching for it (for example, I reach up for the c-stick to input a dsmash, but my thumb accidentally hits it before my thumb goes over and I end up with usmash instead). I dunno about you guys though. Is it just my lack of adaptability or something?

On a different topic, something I forgot to tell you guys is that I was only borrowing that copy of Sm4sh U from my cousin's friend. I didn't expect to have it for only a few weeks. The worst part is that I couldn't even get to play a single match in FG due to no wifi, and I still don't have access to it. On top of that, my friend moved to another city, so using his wifi is out of the question now. So sorry @CostLow . Life's all kinds of boring these days. :glare: On the bright side, I've had plenty of time to improve on my sketching skillz, since that's all I'm able to do on my free time as of late. Definitely uploading some of my newer works later for you guys.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Besides being super comfortable in my hands, the Wii U Pro is giving me some trouble. That damn c-stick is pretty hard to get to when my right thumb is focused on the buttons below it, so I often find myself going back to the Classic Pro dispite its inferiority in terms of keeping a good connection most of the time. However I do think the Classic Pro has the advantage in terms of layout. Having the c-stick below my thumb at all times makes it a lot more accessible and comfortable to utilize imo. Plus dsmash OoS is a hell of a lot faster and easier whenever I decide to leave the c-stick on smash, while on the Wii U Pro, attempting to do this hurts my thumb after few times and just doesn't feel as fast. I also tend to mess up a lot when reaching for it (for example, I reach up for the c-stick to input a dsmash, but my thumb accidentally hits it before my thumb goes over and I end up with usmash instead). I dunno about you guys though. Is it just my lack of adaptability or something?
There is a simple and logical solution to all of this...use the gamecube controller

Starbit

Smash Cadet
NNID
CaptainCurtains
3DS FC
3093-7138-6717
I was going to get a Gamecube adapter but I love the pro controller so much.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm 16 years old and my family is on a tight budget. No way they're buying me anything lol.
Hey, do what you gotta do, man. Start cutting down grass. And if you don't find any rupees money in the grass then maybe the person who owns the yard will give you something for it.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hey, do what you gotta do, man. Start cutting down grass. And if you don't find any rupees money in the grass then maybe the person who owns the yard will give you something for it.
I'd recommend just going into their houses and hurling their vases and fine china against the walls and seeing if any cash comes out. No way that ends poorly.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
That's a chance I'm willing to take :p

I'm not using her for tier placement necessarily (although that's partial), Link just doesn't click with me in this game like he did in Brawl. So I figured I'd like to still use someone from my favorite series. And I won't use Toon Link because well...he's Toon Link. Ganon blows and I also don't like Zelda at all so...
Ganondorf does not blow, he is fantastic in this game. Clearly mid tier material.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ganon for worst character again. I used to second him in Brawl, but no more thunderstomping? That alone deserves worst character billing :awesome:
Ummm you couldn't be more wrong. Little Lag Nair, Uair, and Bair would like to disagree with you. Also the fact that Ganondorfs damage has been buffed to hell, and can ko with 5 good reads. Ganondorf has been buffed precisely from Brawl, and we have seen tournament results with him.
@ skydogc skydogc can tell you how good Ganondorf is. >:)
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ummm you couldn't be more wrong. Little Lag Nair, Uair, and Bair would like to disagree with you. Also the fact that Ganondorfs damage has been buffed to hell, and can ko with 5 good reads. Ganondorf has been buffed precisely from Brawl, and we have seen tournament results with him.
BAHAHAHAHAHA
In all seriousness, yeah, Ganon is way better. I've played as him and he's much improved. Also no more lag glitch upon first landing after his upb, grabs that actually hurt, and lots of other stuff. Maybe not great but definitely way better and no way is he worst. But no thunderstomping? And now you can tech the flame choke now (but at least iirc it always kills the opponent first off the edge)? That just makes me sad.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
BAHAHAHAHAHA
I agree with this, you can actually work pretty quick with him doing short hops and nair or even fair. I beat a Yoshi just last night, my main weapon of attack was bair & ftilt. Ftilt has some amazing range on it. Most of Gannons moves have kill potential as well.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
What? What do you mean?
Most of the time, when you do Link's up-b, just because your too far and low to do a tether recovery, you wont always make it up, you can even miss- well, lets just say Link's recovery is better than brawl's, but can barely catch the ledge, even when he's SUPER close, but on other characters they can make it perfectly fine when they don't even touch the ledge when they do there recovery, like charizard, you don't always make it, hold on let me find a video if I can to make it more understandable.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Most of the time, when you do Link's up-b, just because your too far and low to do a tether recovery, you wont always make it up, you can even miss- well, lets just say Link's recovery is better than brawl's, but can barely catch the ledge, even when he's SUPER close, but on other characters they can make it perfectly fine when they don't even touch the ledge when they do there recovery, like charizard, you don't always make it, hold on let me find a video if I can to make it more understandable.
Yeah please because I'm not sure I understand yet. I mean, I've never had that issue so it's kinda hard to understand.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
BAHAHAHAHAHA
BRING IT ON OLD-MANONDORF! >:D

But yeah, Ganondorf - not like the player has anything to do with it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
BRING IT ON OLD-MANONDORF! >:D

But yeah, Ganondorf - not like the player has anything to do with it.
I am merely the instrument Ganondorf uses for destruction. All of my playing is Ganondorf playing, albeit my connection with Ganondorf isn't 100% yet.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Cant find any video due to my laziness, but eh, you'll experience it someday.
We have no room for laziness on our boards. Either do work or we'll kindly show you the door.

Concerning your misguided statement. Both Link's double jump and spin attack have more height than they did in brawl and he has greater air speed so you have no room to complain there. However, I don't believe that's what you're talking about (if I understand correctly from your grammatical mess of a post, that is). If you're referring to Link's auto ledge snap range, its no shorter than any other character's unless I'm completely mistaken.

Observe:

Apex 2015 for ssb4 wiiu singles who gonna win?
@ Lawz. Lawz.

With Link

Last edited:

Starbit

Smash Cadet
NNID
CaptainCurtains
3DS FC
3093-7138-6717
I only ever used gannondorf in Melee. I like the really creepy chanting of his name when he was wining.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
We have no room for laziness on our boards. Either do work or we'll kindly show you the door.

Concerning your misguided statement. Both Link's double jump and spin attack have more height than they did in brawl and he has greater air speed so you have no room to complain there. However, I don't believe that's what you're talking about (if I understand correctly from your grammatical mess of a post, that is). If you're referring to Link's auto ledge snap range, its no shorter than any other character's unless I'm completely mistaken.

Observe:

@ Lawz. Lawz.

With Link
No.
I said from under,
no quotes or anything, ill "kindly" let myself out then.

If that's how you treat all Link newbies.
Don't reply to my post or anything of that sort, wont be seeing it,
you win.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
No.
I said from under,
no quotes or anything, ill "kindly" let myself out then.
If that's how you treat all Link newbies.
Don't reply to my post or anything of that sort, wont be seeing it,
you win.
Even from under the stage, I don't believe Link's auto snap range is any different from other characters. I don't believe what you're talking about is a Link specific thing. You just need to learn to be familiar with your character's recovery distance, that's all.

Now get out there, do work, and make us proud.

Top Bottom