• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Sadly that isn't saying much. The game is still really imbalanced, and characters can still ein for players instead of players relying on their skills alone.
Case and point: basically every competitive player's pocket Shiek, Luigi, and Diddy.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Case and point: basically every competitive player's pocket Shiek, Luigi, and Diddy.
I still can't believe people still say that EVERY character is viable. Not when it comes to top level. There's a STRRROOONG reason why the top 8 uses what they do

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Because you can't handle the fury.
I watch some of his matches...it's weird seeing how close links moves and plays still. Some differences but his speed seems very close to brawl still and simar tactics.

I had never played smash as seriously as I do now until smash 4. Always wanted to but never had the friends who played it until my 20s

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I watch some of his matches...it's weird seeing how close links moves and plays still. Some differences but his speed seems very close to brawl still and simar tactics.

I had never played smash as seriously as I do now until smash 4. Always wanted to but never had the friends who played it until my 20s
That sucks. I played brawl all day everyday until PM came out. as a matter of fact, I am going to visit a old friend real quick.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Somewhat off topic, but I was wondering if it's possible to gift Nintendo Club Coins to other people. I have like 650 coins left and not a ton of space on my Wii U.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
As something of a long standing member of the original Link boards, I'll say my piece on the tale of Arkive_Zero.

Arkive was a man of great technical and tactical skill in Brawl that grew cynical as Link's worst matchups became worse as time wore on circa 2009. Jaded by countless defeats at the hands of players far less skilled than he, he was faced with a decision: continue to endure the punishment of playing a character that sucks greater than the pull of a dead star, to weather the storm reaching for a more viable character, or cease playing at the level of competition he remembered fondly in the days of yore before his hopes at viability were sundered by careless imbalance. In the end he chose to strive onward a touch further till Link had drawn his last breath, blade broken, shield collapsed by the weight of one bottom tier's endless toil. When there was nothing more that could be done to honor our hero, he quietly trudged off into the shadows in waiting for a day when balance would be restored. Until that day comes, his most time honored tradition: the "fury" had been passed down to Shin, and we gallantly strive forth in his place till some miracle that he should return in his own appointed time.

Essentially the same could be said of Deva, who fought even longer and won even greater accolade, yet even he was still crushed under the heel of top tier disadvantages. Legan, who's inspiringly fresh output of Link yea suffered a similar burial, and the halls of Izaw's fanboys carried Izaw himself a great distance away from whence his might had been forged. The likes of Scizor, Scabe, AeroLink, and LordX carried on until the release of Sm4sh. We are likely to find ourselves in a lesser, yet similar turmoil if the scales of judgment tip in the favor of FG scrubs and wifi warriors that cry indecent fables of Link's purported OP abilities (cuz god forbid a mainline franchise character that's suffered utter mediocrity in the whole of smash to date, be anywhere close to good.).
This last patch was a lovely step in the right direction however.

And I mean... Sean was with us in the formative period of Sm4sh's beginnings, but lost heart after remnants of Brawl's gameplay tainted his will to play. Sad since Link is about as good as he ever has been in a smash game this go around the bend.

Huh, did I say something wrong?
Just in case this actually matters to you. Sasook and "sook" are one in the same. We also used to call him something else, but I mean... that's sorta up to him to divulge why. In otherwords, his erstwhile reply of and I quote "......." was an indirect way of saying that this distinction is a tad obvious to those who've been around long enough. No matter though, I too once upon a time knew of a fellow by the tag Sasukebowser, whom the locals had a habit of referring to as "Boozer" which I struggled to grasp at the time.
Plenty of room for improvement means a great measure of untapped potential, so do your best to soldier on.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Somewhat off topic, but I was wondering if it's possible to gift Nintendo Club Coins to other people. I have like 650 coins left and not a ton of space on my Wii U.
No but you can give them your account and tell them not to change your password. If you trust him or her

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Thanks @ Camalange Camalange . I promise you guys won't be disappointed, I will give my best efforts to make sure everything runs the way it should.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Congratulations on the honor of modding on a vidya game forum -- don't hesitate to tell your family, your mother must be proud.

(And I'm still aching for @ Camalange Camalange vs Lawz : @)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting :x

We've had a couple opportunities to do it now, lol.

Next time. It'll be more official now that it's a mod v mod showdown.

:093:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Congratulations on the honor of modding on a vidya game forum -- don't hesitate to tell your family, your mother must be proud.

Thanks @ Dumbfire Dumbfire you're a babe. We'll definitely make sure to get a set next time. We aren't able to see each other all the time like previous summers, so it's a bit more difficult.

May the best red name win.

@ Rizen Rizen you're a sweetheart. A thread title wasn't necessary LOL

Rizen

Smash Legend
^YW.

I'm continuing to beat AllStar on hard with the cast and do trophy rush for the 50,000 block challenge (which takes forever) when I start up the game.

It's a shame you can't keep the stage layout but turn off hazards. Several stages have good layouts but are designed to troll the players (thank you party game Sakurai). Mario Circuit (SSB4), Port Town, Orbital Gate Assault, Pokemon League, Gamer (Edit, probably too big on 2nd thought), Wuhu Island, and Wily's Castle all could be good competitively without all the hazards and transitions.

On that topic, I'm really liking Ryu's stage. I hope it becomes a legal CP.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Congrats yo!

Who do you guys think is a good female character for my wife to learn smash with?

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Congrats yo!

Who do you guys think is a good female character for my wife to learn smash with?
That really depends. Zero Suit is more suited for offensive play, whereas Rosalina is more methodical and relies heavily on positioning. Peach is really fun to use and is also quite solid.

Robin is really fun but learning how to deal with tomes is a bit of a learning curve.

Lucina is also tons of fun as well.

Personally I'd say ZSS and Peach are best suited for teaching a new player in this particular game engine. But again it just depends on what she would enjoy in terms of offsense or defense.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I assume she doesn't have to play a female character, right...?
She does lol. She was trying robin before but I was just curious if she had a better option. I'm also an awful teacher so it's kinda meh. Kinda hard for me to explain what I've learned slowly since 1999

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Gratz Lawz. I'm happy to see a vet being a mod. We need representation.

That being said, let's add some levity to this social thread. I hate it when people ask what my favorite song/band is. While I have many that I do like, I feel that having to choose one favorite is a disservice to the other you like as well as a tell of your level of maturity (as only teens and kids seem to be infatuated with the notion that there must only be one).

Another thing that annoys me is when you say what style of music you love and people mention a band that, not only doesn't fit your genre, but is actually horrible.

There are so many overrated/over marketed bands. I'm just grateful I'm not a kid anymore so my disconnect helps me remain aloof of the petty discussions that must surely take place today. Sadly, the last one I remember from my younger days was over Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit vs Korn, pointlessly arguing over which of these bands was better and understood our pain and misery more. Please, as if any of those talentless hacks were ever any good. I'm so glad Nu Metal is dead. At least I think it is. I hope it is.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Gratz Lawz. I'm happy to see a vet being a mod. We need representation.

That being said, let's add some levity to this social thread. I hate it when people ask what my favorite song/band is. While I have many that I do like, I feel that having to choose one favorite is a disservice to the other you like as well as a tell of your level of maturity (as only teens and kids seem to be infatuated with the notion that there must only be one).

Another thing that annoys me is when you say what style of music you love and people mention a band that, not only doesn't fit your genre, but is actually horrible.

There are so many overrated/over marketed bands. I'm just grateful I'm not a kid anymore so my disconnect helps me remain aloof of the petty discussions that must surely take place today. Sadly, the last one I remember from my younger days was over Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit vs Korn, pointlessly arguing over which of these bands was better and understood our pain and misery more. Please, as if any of those talentless hacks were ever any good. I'm so glad Nu Metal is dead. At least I think it is. I hope it is.
Yeah....that drives me crazy too. I do mean that I like just about everything when I say it. Though I have come to find a definitively favorite band.

That question, though, when it comes to video games is impossible for me

Top Bottom