• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
My strategy of playing allstar on hard like a spammy scrub using mostly Fsmahes continures to serve me well. I feel dirty.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
The game that I ACTUALLY want is Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda Wii U

I have a skype window with over a hundred and twenty seven thousand messages, and everytime I try to mark it as read or open it so that it ceases to be so full of messages, my computer ****s itself.

What is a Prime Evil to do in the face of group chats.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I think this is the right place to put this. Link's frame data that I put together, updated for 1.08 and includes his custom moves and stuff on block.

If I missed anything feel free to let me know. Note that since I got all this via frame counting, the invincibility frames on his rolls are calculated via the character flashing, which I believe is close to the actual invincibility but perhaps not exact.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Charles Ives is the typical American composer in that regard, right? Even his philosophy was inspired by the American transcendentalists. His prose carries the American spirit too actually, in Essays Before a Sonata:
Yes, though I would put Gershwin right there next to him, if not before, for his creation of the Third Stream. I would also note Copeland, Barber, and more recently Eric Whitacre. But of course, we could just sit here analyzing and discussing American composers and writers all day, couldn't we?

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I had fun playing stupid team matches with friends tonight. 5 stock doing dumb ****

Edit: just curious. Has anyone seen if jab 2 combos into dtilt now that it's faster?

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
As so much people talks about theirs talents... I used to play Piano a while ago (like two years ago)... Mainly Zelda BGM and Classic music (sonata 20 of beethoven). I also used to be a poem writer (in spanish)

The last time I made some videos to my wife. This is actually my marry presentation, it took me like 1 month and a half to do it:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Speaking of dtilt, dtilt->spin attack is an option now, and can true combo starting around 70%-100%, dealing 25%. I wouldn't advise going for it though, since many characters can fall out of our aerial spin attack without any DI (Shiek being a prime example), and considering how unreliable the combo itself is. Regardless, It's an option that we didn't have before, and my point is that D-tilt -> various things might actually be mildly viable now.

edit: pulled from patch thread with a response that wouldn't have fit there
I finally got around to updating. The phoenix bomb AT has been patched out.
Link wasn't fast enough nor was our fuse long enough for the phoenix bomb to be very viable. I feel like this will hurt the Gay meta more than the Link one.

The interesting thing is that the phoenix bomb was patched out but not bombsliding. While it doesn't have anything to do with the explosive properties of our bombs it's something that gives me hope regardless.

Besides, have you ever met someone that didn't like bombsliding? Either Sakurai is a fan, or he doesn't know about it. I'm hoping that he knows about it but it just doesn't bother him.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Edit: just curious. Has anyone seen if jab 2 combos into dtilt now that it's faster?
It certainly doesn't "combo" into it, but LNIM did it on me, and Scizor used to do Jab1 to Dtilt pre-1.06. It's a mix-up like any other.

Btw this guy's voice still makes me laugh. Wtf where they thinking? It also is laughably out of place with that director dude, who has the lulziest face.

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of dtilt, dtilt->spin attack is an option now, and can true combo starting around 70%-100%, dealing 25%. I wouldn't advise going for it though, since many characters can fall out of our aerial spin attack without any DI (Shiek being a prime example), and considering how unreliable the combo itself is. Regardless, It's an option that we didn't have before, and my point is that D-tilt -> various things might actually be mildly viable now.

edit: pulled from patch thread with a response that wouldn't have fit there

Link wasn't fast enough nor was our fuse long enough for the phoenix bomb to be very viable. I feel like this will hurt the Gay meta more than the Link one.

The interesting thing is that the phoenix bomb was patched out but not bombsliding. While it doesn't have anything to do with the explosive properties of our bombs it's something that gives me hope regardless.

Besides, have you ever met someone that didn't like bombsliding? Either Sakurai is a fan, or he doesn't know about it. I'm hoping that he knows about it but it just doesn't bother him.
I feel like sakurai will only leave an AT is either easy or will work as a mind game or just won't increase the meta too much like one tier improvement is ok to sakurai but 2 or more tier movement up the list is too much

There is hope for link which is good but tink got nothing and I fear the next patch will hurt him more and make him the new greninja... in terms of nerfing

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Clean up the spoilers mang, you need to type next them:

[spoiler-]like this

Not a space under it

[spoiler-]
like this

It's the difference between
this
and this

Also there are ugly spaces in other places, press backspace in a few places.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Clean up the spoilers mang, you need to type next them:

[spoiler-]like this

Not a space under it

[spoiler-]
like this

It's the difference between
this
and this

Also there are ugly spaces in other places, press backspace in a few places.
I'll iron those wrinkles out once I get back home. I typed that guide in word and pasted it here. Apparently the formatting isn't entirely compatible. Just that when I finished yesterday it was too late already and I didn't care for those details anymore. There are also some typos to fix as well as a couple of data I didn't include.

The guide looks thorough and promising, though there's clearly some blanks to fill in. It'll be good for the new character forums to have some cohesion and clarity.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The guide looks thorough and promising, though there's clearly some blanks to fill in. It'll be good for the new character forums to have some cohesion and clarity.
I know. It is a work in progress that I rushed to publish since those boards needed one desperately. They are filled with misinformation and nobody knew even the dmgs of moves. It is still a placeholder Fr an even more thorough and complete guide I'm collaborating in with some other members.

Why can't they remove smokebomb12 and replace him with ArkiveZero?
Because we live in an imperfect PC world.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well, what did he go through?
You're the one writing the guide, so you need to know about him. No Link main guide will ever be worthy of even being acknowledged without mention of Arkive.

Ask Sook, he was here he knew Arkive. Arkive predates even me.

Before there was time, there was Arkive, and mained Link, and the cosmos quaked. Time came into being with the sole purpose of putting a limit on Arkive.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I've written about that in that long post on past Brawl Link mains. The short story is that he quit over imbalances in the game -- he found it justly unfair that people did better with characters not because they were more skilled but because those characters were vastly better. Thus he became a martyr. He still popped in occasionally towards the later Aib days, mostly to praise Legan.

"Aye, once a stranger blest the earth
Who never caused a heart to mourn,
Whose very voice gave sorrow mirth—
And how did earth his worth return?
It spurned him from its lowliest lot,
The meanest station owned him not.

"An outcast thrown in sorrow's way,
A fugitive that knew no sin,
Yet in lone places forced to stray—
Men would not take the stranger in.
Yet peace, though much himself he mourned,
Was all to others he returned."
(John Clare)

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I've written about that in that long post on past Brawl Link mains. The short story is that he quit over imbalances in the game -- he found it justly unfair that people did better with characters not because they were more skilled but because those characters were vastly better. Thus he became a martyr. He still popped in occasionally towards the later Aib days, mostly to praise Legan.

"Aye, once a stranger blest the earth
Who never caused a heart to mourn,
Whose very voice gave sorrow mirth—
And how did earth his worth return?
It spurned him from its lowliest lot,
The meanest station owned him not.

"An outcast thrown in sorrow's way,
A fugitive that knew no sin,
Yet in lone places forced to stray—
Men would not take the stranger in.
Yet peace, though much himself he mourned,
Was all to others he returned."
Imbalances don't really seem to be a problem in this game imo. Sm4sh is the most well balanced game in the series. I don't think it would be too hard to persuade him if that's the case.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Imbalances don't really seem to be a problem in this game imo. Sm4sh is the most well balanced game in the series.
Sadly that isn't saying much. The game is still really imbalanced, and characters can still ein for players instead of players relying on their skills alone.

Top Bottom