• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking of Link's, I have bad news guys. Link instead the only one how can do the infinite jab lock. While all characters can do the trick, only Link can do it "infinitely". And when I say Link, I mean both....

Yeah, Gay can do the technique as well.....
Are you sure? I haven't seen it mentioned in their forums.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin. I'll have to re-quote you and edit inside the next quote.

Don't take this the wrong way. When I'm correcting people I can look like a prick, and that's probably a fair call, but I'm actually pretty nice and I kind of like having you hang around.
Oh Foxy, when I said 3 Marth's, I meant all the Roy fans who want the re head back. If I meant Ike, I would have said "3 blue haired swordsman". Also, you can test it yourself, Toon Link can also pull of the technique, maybe not as well as Link (needs more testing) but just as good as Link

Are you sure? I haven't seen it mentioned in their forums.
That's because I just found it yesterday and forgot to tell the Toon Link mains. I am playing smash at the moment and can confirm that Toon Link has the same (if not similar) technique. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well duh, i knew that, so it's a little harder to pull off instead of Link's. Though it's still a cheap move.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ The Merc The Merc : I already looked into it before I made that post despite my better judgement, and no it doesn't work with Toon. I don't know what character you were trying it on, but here's the thing, because the Jab has set knockback, it's either going to work, in which case it will never stop working, literally an infinite, in which case you would have to be frame perfect for the entire time, or in all likelihood, it simply won't work ever. Take Mario for example. If you are frame perfect, then on 0% or 999%, it doesn't matter, Mario can either shield or double jump away before the second Jab1 hits. And that's if you're frame perfect, something that would be impossible for a human to do for any length of time. With that said, tell me which character you think it works on and I'll look into it for you.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc : I already looked into it before I made that post despite my better judgement, and no it doesn't work with Gay. I don't know what character you were trying it on, but here's the thing, because the Jab has set knockback, it's either going to work, in which case it will never stop working, literally an infinite, in which case you would have to be frame perfect for the entire time, or in all likelihood, it simply won't work ever. Take Mario for example. If you are frame perfect, then on 0% or 999%, it doesn't matter, Mario can either shield or double jump away before the second Jab1 hits. And that's if you're frame perfect, something that would be impossible for a human to do for any length of time. With that said, tell me which character you think it works on and I'll look into it for you.
Oh, I tested it on Shiek and bowser, just to clarify.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It has happened before; Meta Knight. I usually work to get results, and I usually end up defaulting to what lets me get to that in a quicker pace. However, by no means do I foster that mentality in others. I am way more impressed by those who stick to their mains and discover ways to surpass their limits. This is probably the reason I am always trying to find a main. I acknowledge two perfectly fine mentalities in my viewpoint and they conflict with one another. I want to keep on using Lucina, but I want results quickly and effectively. It ends with me stuck in an infinite loop as to what character to main, an incredible indecisiveness that ends up bothering me quite a bit and usually costing me tournaments due to me switching characters between difficult sets.
Well then you'll love us. Link mains stick with Link regardless of anything and everything. We endured the triforce tier, and while we lost many a good comrade, we're still strong. We have had some deserters, like AeroLink, but most Link mains would quit the game rather than switch mains. I have alts, Lucina, Peach, Sheik and Fox (the latter ever since Brawl), and I tend to use them, but Link is the only one I enter tourneys with.

Anyways, my main story is pretty much like Huugles'. I played Zelda in 1987, loved it, have loved the game and franchise ever since, and as soon as I touched Smash 64 I have mained Link because he's freaking Link.

Sadly though I have to admit that I have a somewhat negative view of people who change mains based on the tier list. It's nothing personal to be honest and I can understand it, somewhat, but I just can't shake this feeling that they're selling themselves. I am though a rare breed since I dislike cheap wins. I think I am the only Link main who wants the jab cancel lock to be patched out because I don't want Link's name to be tarnished as a "cheap" char when playing him half decently takes to much work and dedication. However, based on Fox's tests the lock doesn't seem to be nearly as bad or broken, so I maybe be ok with it.

I have to say though that I find it lulzy and pathetic that people are complaining to much about Link of all characters to have a lock but haven't seen anyone say anything about Fox and his double jab, which is also a lock that leads into a usmash.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
There's been countless times, and I mean countless times, where I've sat down in front of my TV, controller in hand, after a long line of painful losses wondering if I'm due for another main.
I can't say I've had existential crises over smash. I like Link so I use him. Err, I mean

Link called out to me from the depths of my soul. I always admired Link mains — they were true players. They set up a playstyle in their minds—it was adapting; they worshiped an idol there—it was fair play. They looked on every player as their brother, and only bowed their knee to those who shared the Triforce Tier. Separate from the tier whores, they walked humbly with their character, and lived through all shameless defeats, bonding in thought with all those who had born testimony of a good conscience with the spirit of just players in all ages of smash. Their aspiration after victory was a sigh uttered from the hollows, time-rent, of the Triforce Tier; and their zeal for fair playing was kindled at the fires of KirinBlaze. Their sympathy was always with the underused characters, not the overused. They cherished in their thoughts—and wished to transmit to their posterity—those techniques and combos for discovering which their ancestors had lost countless tournaments, or had pined in desolate smashfests and foreign climes. Their creed, too, was "Glory to Link, and good-will to every man who sticks with his character." This creed, since profaned and rendered vile, they kept fast through good report and evil report. This belief, they had; it was fixed as the stars, deep as the firmament. They made their own hearts altars to the Legend of Zelda, a place of worship for what is true and just in smash; and they feel the greatest character in smash is always near them, and that all who play him work together so he can achieve the place he rightly deserves in smash history. This covenant they kept, as the stars keep their courses; this principle they stuck by, for lack of egoism or lust for money, and it sticks by them to the last. It grew with their growth, but will not wither in their decay. It lives when the almond-tree on Hyrule will again flourish, and is not bowed down with the broken fingers and destroyed controllers. It will glimmer in their last feeble game, will smile through the last bomb they ever pull, and will light a path before them to a social life, when finally they decide to leave it all behind them. It is a better life than that of a senseless Diddy main.

Eight years ago, there was no lovelier Xat in the whole of Smash, nor any more beautiful, by its expression of sweet human dignity and life, than that which was known as Linksmashers, frequented by all those who visited the Allisbrawl forums, including players from the old Link boards whence they came. No grander or greater players every sang to the tune of smash with constant lips; no chats ever lightened during winter with more passionate effusions; no sweeter homes ever hallowed the heart of the passer-by with their pride of peaceful gladness. Never have I seen anything as ghastly in its inner tragedy — not the loss of Kirin to Chibo due to Halberd's hazards — not Aerolink's switch to Diddy — not Lawz's sticking to Sheik — not even Legan's disappearance — as the aspects of reckless, indolent, animal opportunism represented by those who flock to a long neglected character after he is buffed. No godless thought is more appalling than the insolent defiling of those valuable characters by the human herds that abuse them for profit and fame. Our dreams of worldwide success have long vanished, with the earlier dreams of our youth; but we will never be prevented from returning on the wings of imagination to those bright, idealistic moments -- and to those who blasted these ideals, in the fear that they may be achieved, I have but one response: hatred and anger ever-lasting.

I was ready, two years ago, to talk of the old familiar faces —

How some they have died, and some they have left me,
And some are taken from me; all are departed;
All, all are gone, the old familiar faces.​

But they were not. They returned, as I did; and with them we will create something that will breath when we have long expired: a Link metagame in Smash 4 for Wii U.

He's just a nice character, is all.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I can't say I've had existential crises over smash. I like Link so I use him. Err, I mean

Link called out to me from the depths of my soul. I always admired Link mains — they were true players. They set up a playstyle in their minds—it was adapting; they worshiped an idol there—it was fair play. They looked on every player as their brother, and only bowed their knee to those who shared the Triforce Tier. Separate from the tier *****s, they walked humbly with their character, and lived through all shameless defeats, bonding in thought with all those who had born testimony of a good conscience with the spirit of just players in all ages of smash. Their aspiration after victory was a sigh uttered from the hollows, time-rent, of the Triforce Tier; and their zeal for fair playing was kindled at the fires of KirinBlaze. Their sympathy was always with the underused characters, not the overused. They cherished in their thoughts—and wished to transmit to their posterity—those techniques and combos for discovering which their ancestors had lost countless tournaments, or had pined in desolate smashfests and foreign climes. Their creed, too, was "Glory to Link, and good-will to every man who sticks with his character." This creed, since profaned and rendered vile, they kept fast through good report and evil report. This belief, they had; it was fixed as the stars, deep as the firmament. They made their own hearts altars to the Legend of Zelda, a place of worship for what is true and just in smash; and they feel the greatest character in smash is always near them, and that all who play him work together so he can achieve the place he rightly deserves in smash history. This covenant they kept, as the stars keep their courses; this principle they stuck by, for lack of egoism or lust for money, and it sticks by them to the last. It grew with their growth, but will not wither in their decay. It lives when the almond-tree on Hyrule will again flourish, and is not bowed down with the broken fingers and destroyed controllers. It will glimmer in their last feeble game, will smile through the last bomb they ever pull, and will light a path before them to a social life, when finally they decide to leave it all behind them. It is a better life than that of a senseless Diddy main.

Eight years ago, there was no lovelier Xat in the whole of Smash, nor any more beautiful, by its expression of sweet human dignity and life, than that which was known as Linksmashers, frequented by all those who visited the Allisbrawl forums, including players from the old Link boards whence they came. No grander or greater players every sang to the tune of smash with constant lips; no chats ever lightened during winter with more passionate effusions; no sweeter homes ever hallowed the heart of the passer-by with their pride of peaceful gladness. Never have I seen anything as ghastly in its inner tragedy — not the loss of Kirin to Chibo due to Halberd's hazards — not Aerolink's switch to Diddy — not Lawz's sticking to Sheik — not even Legan's disappearance — as the aspects of reckless, indolent, animal opportunism represented by those who flock to a long neglected character after he is buffed. No godless thought is more appalling than the insolent defiling of those valuable characters by the human herds that abuse them for profit and fame. Our dreams of worldwide success have long vanished, with the earlier dreams of our youth; but we will never be prevented from returning on the wings of imagination to those bright, idealistic moments -- and to those who blasted these ideals, in the fear that they may be achieved, I have but one response: hatred and anger ever-lasting.

I was ready, two years ago, to talk of the old familiar faces —

All, all are gone, the old familiar faces.​

But they were not. They returned, as I did; and with them we will create something that will breath when we have long expired: a Link metagame in Smash 4 for Wii U.

He's just a nice character, is all.
Dang DF, you should write a book about us, that was beautiful.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Couldn't agree more. No character will ever fill Link's part in Smash, at least for me. It could be because I haven't really played many other games besides Zelda, so Link is really the only option. Even then, what about Ganon, Shiek and Zelda? They don't even come close to my top characters. I mean I still like Ganon but I've lost a lot of my interest in him as of late. When it comes to similar characters, Robin is first to come to mind. He is a sword whielder that has projectiles, but they're all energy based and he has that wierd limit on his tomes or whatever. I could pick him up, but other than the projectiles, he still plays nothing like Link and requires a lot of getting used to. Same with Tink, but I hate him anyways.

I could try to use other characters besides Link, but I always end up having trouble without him, so I often will end up picking Link again in some situation. For example in FG; "Oh, you think you're good, scrub? Lemme show you my Link." *10 matches later, still using Link* Or "So, you think you can camp me? Let's see what my Link has to say about that." I'm always worrying about how comfortable I am when it comes to those close games or ones where I have trouble. So instead of just trying to improve and figure things out with that said secondary, I just whip out Link. I can't go 10 games without pulling out my Link and it's kinda stupid. Looks like I have a habit to conquer. :ohwell:
Oh it's the best feeling in the world when some scrub switches to Link after I destroyed his main, thinking he can just camp me out. I've never been spammy with projectiles in the first place but for those guys I refuse to use them at all and just bash the deku out of them with my sword... And yes the blade is laced with salt.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Dang DF, you should write a book about us, that was beautiful.
It was just a joke about how overly poetic people were about a silly video game. They were echoes of Hazlitt and Ruskin, these passages:
They were true priests. They set up an image in their own minds—it was truth: they worshipped an idol there—it was justice. They looked on man as their brother, and only bowed the knee to the Highest. Separate from the world, they walked humbly with their God, and lived in thought with those who had borne testimony of a good conscience with the spirits of just men in all ages. … their aspiration after liberty was a sigh uttered from the towers, ‘time-rent,’ of the Holy Inquisition; and their zeal for religious toleration was kindled at the fires of Smithfield. Their sympathy was not with the oppressors, but the oppressed. They cherished in their thoughts—and wished to transmit to their posterity—those rights and privileges for asserting which their ancestors had bled on scaffolds, or had pined in dungeons or in foreign climes. Their creed, too, was ‘Glory to God, peace on earth, good-will to man.’ This creed, since profaned and rendered vile, they kept fast through good report and evil report. This belief they had, that looks at something out of itself, fixed as the stars, deep as the firmament; that makes of its own heart an altar to truth, a place of worship for what is right, at which it does reverence with praise and prayer like a holy thing, apart and content; and feels that the greatest being in the universe is always near it, and that all things work together for the good of his creatures This covenant they kept, as the stars keep their courses; this principle they stuck by, for want of knowing better, as it sticks by them to the last. It grew with their growth, it does not wither in their decay. It lives when the almond-tree flourishes, and is not bowed down with the tottering knees. It glimmers with the last feeble eyesight, smiles in the faded cheek like infancy, and lights a path before them to the grave! This is better than the life of a whirligig Court poet.
(From On the Clerical Character, published in The Yellow Dwarf, republished in The Selected Writings of William Hazlitt, ed. Duncan Wu (9 vols, London, 1998) iv. 224-5
Twenty years ago, there was no lovelier piece of lowland scenery in South England, nor any more pathetic in the world, by its expression of sweet human character and life, than that immediately bordering on the sources of the Wandle, and including the lower moors of Addington, and the villages of Beddington and Carshalton, with all their pools and streams. No clearer or diviner waters ever sang with constant lips of the hand which ‘giveth rain from heaven;’ no pastures ever lightened in spring time with more passionate blossoming; no sweeter homes ever hallowed the heart of the passer-by with their pride of peaceful gladness — fain-hidden — yet full-confessed. The place remains, or, until a few months ago, remained, nearly unchanged in its larger features; but, with deliberate mind I say, that I have never seen anything so ghastly in its inner tragic meaning, — not in Pisan Maremma — not by Campagna tomb, — not by the sand-isles of the Torcellan shore, — as the slow stealing of aspects of reckless, indolent, animal neglect, over the delicate sweetness of that English scene: nor is any blasphemy or impiety — any frantic saying or godless thought — more appalling to me, using the best power of judgment I have to discern its sense and scope, than the insolent defilings of those springs by the human herds that drink of them.
(Preface to The Crown of Wild Olive)
There is also a little of this passage:
But though we cannot weave over again the airy, unsubstantial dream, which reason and experience have dispelled,

"What though the radiance, which was once so bright,
Be now for ever taken from our sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of glory in the grass, of splendour in the flower:" –​

yet we will never cease, nor be prevented from returning on the wings of imagination to that bright dream of our youth; that glad dawn of the day-star of liberty; that spring-time of the world, in which the hopes and expectations of the human race seemed opening in the same gay career with our own; when France called her children to partake her equal blessings beneath her laughing skies; when the stranger was met in all her villages with dance and festive songs, in celebration of a new and golden era; and when, to the retired and contemplative student, the prospects of human happiness and glory were seen ascending like the steps of Jacob's ladder, in bright and never-ending succession. The dawn of that day was suddenly overcast; that season of hope is past; it is fled with the other dreams of our youth, which we cannot recall, but has left behind it traces, which are not to be effaced by Birth-day and Thanksgiving odes, or the chaunting of Te Deums in all the churches of Christendom. To those hopes eternal regrets are due; to those who maliciously and wilfully blasted them, in the fear that they might be accomplished, we feel no less what we owe-hatred and scorn as lasting!
(Observations on Mr. Wordsworth's poem, 'The Excursion.', first published in three parts in The Examiner between August 21 and October 2, 1814,and reprinted in The Round Table: A Collection of Essays on Literature, Men, and Manners (Archibald Constable, 1817)by Hazlitt. Reprinted in modern days in The Works of William Hazlitt, edited by P.P. Howe (21 vols., London, 1930-4), volume 19, pages 17-18; and The Selected Writings of William Hazlitt, ed. Duncan Wu (9 vols, London, 1998), volume 2, page 325.)
The poem is Charles Lamb's The Old Familiar Faces, which I did once read reminded of smashers who disappeared from the scene like:
I have had playmates, I have had companions,
In my days of childhood, in my joyful school-days,
All, all are gone, the old familiar faces.

I have been laughing, I have been carousing,
Drinking late, sitting late, with my bosom cronies,

I loved a love once, fairest among women;
Closed are her doors on me, I must not see her —

I have a friend, a kinder friend has no man;
Like an ingrate, I left my friend abruptly;
Left him, to muse on the old familiar faces.

Ghost-like, I paced round the haunts of my childhood.
Earth seemed a desert I was bound to traverse,
Seeking to find the old familiar faces.

Friend of my bosom, thou more than a brother,
Why wert not thou born in my father's dwelling?
So might we talk of the old familiar faces —

William Hazlitt's prose is like crack to me, I read some nearly every day.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Dumbfire Dumbfire is one damn fine troll. One of the best we got apparently.

We raised you well kid. Make us proud.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sadly though I have to admit that I have a somewhat negative view of people who change mains based on the tier list. It's nothing personal to be honest and I can understand it, somewhat, but I just can't shake this feeling that they're selling themselves.
It usually happens due to the negative connotation that the characters who end up being top tier embody. It ends up staining the users as well, when it should not be the case. I have been on the receiving end since the Brawl days so I'm no stranger to it.

It usually happens due to the negative connotation that the characters who end up being top tier embody. It ends up staining the users as well, when it should not be the case. I have been on the receiving end since the Brawl days so I'm no stranger to it.
For us it's a bit different. I've seen the stigma against players who use top tiers in other competitive scenes, but here there's more to it. Link has simply never been good, and it's persisted for so long, that, particularly in Brawl, it just can be very frustrating to stick with a limited character and have to deal with fighting three MK's back to back in tourne in a 90:10 match up. None of whom even play ****ing Kirby games.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone get the thread title reference?

Fox and Falco's lasers can go refract themselves.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
For us it's a bit different. I've seen the stigma against players who use top tiers in other competitive scenes, but here there's more to it. Link has simply never been good, and it's persisted for so long, that, particularly in Brawl, it just can be very frustrating to stick with a limited character and have to deal with fighting three MK's back to back in tourne in a 90:10 match up. None of whom even play ****ing Kirby games.
So true. Those were frustrating times.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
In all honesty, I really want to be as passionate about a character as you guys are. I have had incredible difficulty in doing so due to what I have explained previously. Although right now, I've been having a lot of fun playing Pit. I will see where that leads me.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Link always had a bad reputation either in low level play as the "spammy roller" or in mid-high level play where he is always considered bad or outclassed and this has been since the 64 days. The fact that there are some people showing what Link can truly do, despite the **** they get from all sides is admirable. It's no wonder you always foil our evil plans grrrr.

You truly have courage.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
In all honesty, I really want to be as passionate about a character as you guys are. I have had incredible difficulty in doing so due to what I have explained previously. Although right now, I've been having a lot of fun playing Pit. I will see where that leads me.
Eh, I really wouldn't sweat it. Some people thrive off of learning different characters when it suits them. Some people thrive off of mixing it up; playing the same character causes staleness rather than development or honing. I have friends who legitimately main "random" and try to be as good as possible with all characters. They aren't in the running for large tournaments, but then again neither am I.

All in all, the game was made for having fun, right? Why force something that doesn't work? Some people have fun "working" to solve a tier dilemma, while others don't.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Oh it's the best feeling in the world when some scrub switches to Link after I destroyed his main, thinking he can just camp me out. I've never been spammy with projectiles in the first place but for those guys I refuse to use them at all and just bash the deku out of them with my sword... And yes the blade is laced with salt.
I can relate. Nothing really pleasures me in FG more than humiliating some scrub who picks Link out of salt. Putting them in their place is always satisfying. Of course this is after getting their ass wooped using their mains. I've even had some fools who had the audacity to Link ditto me when I used Link first.

The last thing I want to see is my main getting misused. "Oh, Imma just pick Link to get free winz cuz his projectiles are sooo OP and require no thought behind them whatsoever! lolololol!" Or "Hey! Why you gotta be using Link? His projectiles are so stupid! Ya know what, I'm gunna make you feel the same way and blindly spam Link's arrows, boomerang and Smash attacks right in front of you! Surely, there's no way you can do anything to take advantage of that!" It's hilarious to imagine what could be going through their minds sometimes lol. I've even seen filthy casuals out there that "main" Link and refuse to use projectiles altogether because they firmly believed that they were OP. No joke.

So after bopping them anyhow, if they have the guts to stick around with Link, I'd happily destroy them in a ditto if I hadn't already. If not, they still get to taste what it's like to be wasted by a person who actually knows how to properly use Link. I oftentimes will try to best them in the most disrespectful way possible, so that I can leave them wallowing in their salt.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
@ the king of murder the king of murder We just like Link for what he is, but I think this is the Smash that will mark the rise of the Links. He's much better than ever before, and I'm fully confident in his viability.
I can relate. Nothing really pleasures me in FG more than humiliating some scrub who picks Link out of salt. Putting them in their place is always satisfying. Of course this is after getting their *** wooped using their mains. I've even had some fools who had the audacity to Link ditto me when I used Link first.

The last thing I want to see is my main getting misused. "Oh, Imma just pick Link to get free winz cuz his projectiles are sooo OP and require no thought behind them whatsoever! lolololol!" Or "Hey! Why you gotta be using Link? His projectiles are so stupid! Ya know what, I'm gunna make you feel the same way and blindly spam Link's arrows, boomerang and Smash attacks right in front of you! Surely, there's no way you can do anything to take advantage of that!" It's hilarious to imagine what could be going through their minds sometimes lol. I've even seen filthy casuals out there that "main" Link and refuse to use projectiles altogether because they firmly believed that they were OP. No joke.

So after bopping them anyhow, if they have the guts to stick around with Link, I'd happily destroy them in a ditto if I hadn't already. If not, they still get to taste what it's like to be wasted by a person who actually knows how to properly use Link. I oftentimes will try to best them in the most disrespectful way possible, so that I can leave them wallowing in their salt.
What people don't seem to get is that Link is not all about shooting arrows and throwing boomerangs. One of the biggest reasons why I love Link so much in smash is because nobody is able to just pick Link up and win.

I will normally use projectiles to close distance, following up after a jab combo or smash attack to keep pressure, and to protect myself from other projectiles (in situations where I can't block). I will never be seen camping in a serious fight. Because that's not what Link is.

Common misconception is that projectiles are Link's weapons... and i say no. They are Link's tools.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
@ the king of murder the king of murder We just like Link for what he is, but I think this is the Smash that will mark the rise of the Links. He's much better than ever before, and I'm fully confident in his viability.
Of course man, good luck. I do not want to comment on his viability in Smash 4 but you still see quite a few people thinking he is bad. Shouldn't stop you to show the world what you are made of. I am also quite sad that Ganon has been the butt of all jokes since Brawl but I still stuck with him even now. Though, I also love playing ZSS, Zard and Ike, they are super fun.

We should try to play this weekend then. If you can.
I will ask my brother if that's okay. Time Zones can also be a hindrance.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Of course man, good luck. I do not want to comment on his viability in Smash 4 but you still see quite a few people thinking he is bad. Shouldn't stop you to show the world what you are made of. I am also quite sad that Ganon has been the butt of all jokes since Brawl but I still stuck with him even now. Though, I also love playing ZSS, Zard and Ike, they are super fun.

I will ask my brother if that's okay. Time Zones can also be a hindrance.
Link isn't bad though. Not at all. Whoever says that is sorely mistaken and obviously had never seen a good Link in action.

*Edit: People sleeping on Link is still a good thing in my eyes though. I love hearing about people getting surprised at how good Link is now.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I can tell you without testing that both characters can shield before the second Jab1 hits even if you are frame perfect.
I just tested anyway, and yes, they can both shield.
Yeah, you are right Fox. I found the fault in my testing. When teating, I had the CPUs just stand instead of doing something like Jumpng. Whoops, my bad.

Apparently the hylian shield blocks fox's/falco's lasers in the new patch. Please confirm? http://smashboards.com/threads/patch-1-05-analysis.390646/page-7#post-18553742
Oh PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

Wait, does it work on Toon Libk too or is this just Link as well?

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
So the new 3DS patch added the replay sharing functionality. Hopefully this means they'll be adding it to the next Wii U update as well.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Thought I'd show you guy's my progress on my custom Link Amiibo. I spent the better half of the day working on it. The paints I'm using are oil based so they'll take quite some time to dry but I like how it's progressing so far. I have some corrections to make though. The blue isn't dark enough for example.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Thought I'd show you guy's my progress on my custom Link Amiibo. I spent the better half of the day working on it. The paints I'm using are oil based so they'll take quite some time to dry but I like how it's progressing so far. I have some corrections to make though. The blue isn't dark enough for example.

That's cool!

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
That's cool!
Lmao, I'm such a perfectionist. I'm going for the Fierce Deity look if it's not already obvious but I'm stressing cause the character model is so detailed particularly the face so I'm trying my best not to make the Amiibo look derpy or poorly done. I have to be patient as I've said the paints I'm using take awhile to dry but hopefully once I complete the figure which for me shouldn't take longer than a few days it'll look as close to this as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom